Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10145&st=345 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:52:45 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Did Linda Buy The Pregnancy Test Kit?, Spin off from the “Thompson Respond to Abrahamsen” thread.
Why did Linda Buy the Pregnancy Test Kit?
Let’s document all the theories we have read here and take a vote.
It was an innocent practical joke on Danny. Come on Danny get with it, lighten up, have a little fun. Theorist, Johann and Watchbird [ 17 ] ** [34.00%]
Linda really thought she could have been pregnant. Hey, after all that sterilization stuff does not always work. Theorist, Summertime. [ 1 ] ** [2.00%]
Linda did it to spite Danny. Man got no business going through my stuff. Theorist, Panama Pete [ 8 ] ** [16.00%]
Hey, Danny planted it. I know Danny, this sounds like him. He is such an evil, wicked man. Theorist, I don’t remember and too lazy to go back through the post and look it up. [ 10 ] ** [20.00%]
I really don't care [ 14 ] ** [28.00%]
Total Votes: 50
Guests cannot vote 
Bystander
post Mar 5 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #346

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 5 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]182777[/snapback]

"Sister,"

Do you recall your guessing game? I think that fits into the category of, may actually be the definition of "nastiness and character assassination."

- FHB

Are you referring to identities FHB? If so, I certainly remember.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 5 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #347

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]182775[/snapback]

Over the months, you have said DS divorced Linda because he wanted Brandy.

Never said that.

Then you said he divorced her because of a "strictly professional" relationship with the Doc.

I don't recall making any comments at all on the matter. You sure you don't have me confused with someone else?

You just said Danny himself said she didn't commit adultery.

I don't recall putting it quite that way, but Danny is fairly clear that she did not commit adultery prior to their divorce.

Now you say that he divorced her because she hid a gun????? rofl1.gif

That's what he said. He said their relationship was over because she hid his gun. That's what he said.

Was he telling the truth?

Then to add fuel to the fire you say that he said, it was impossible for Linda to save the marriage because of the so called, hidden gun????? roflmao.gif

That's what he said. It's posted over at http://save3abn/danny-shelton-demise-of-marriage-1.htm

I'll paste it below.

-------- Original Message --------
To: ******
Subject: Re: *** *** *** here; personal & confidential
Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 6:12 PM

Please advise Linda that it is time to leave me and start a new life for herself. Anytime that our relationship would degrade to the point that she would listen to such foolish advice as hiding my gun, the relationship is over. In 22 years that I have known her I have never even gotten mad at her enough to shoot a paper wad at her, let alone a real gun. Besides you only had her hide one gun and I have two. I will not try to stop her from leaving and going to the doctor. At this point I would welcome it.

With the advice that she is getting from family she will never be able to put aside all the "junk advice that she has gotten from them. Her life's a mess now. Thanks to bad advice, she no longer has a chance, nor the witts to put it aside and save her marriage.

As you know, I've taken care of her for 20 years. She's going to need you more now than ever before. I do hope all that advice turns into more that just words. She needs you to be there loving her and caring for her needs and helping her financially if so necessary in the future.

Danny

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 5 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #348

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 07:29 PM) [snapback]182783[/snapback]

Are you referring to identities FHB? If so, I certainly remember.

Bystander,

"Sister" had a little game going (the thread) titled Who Is It?: A 3ABN guessing game. Eight pages of disparaging remarks, innuendo, and a whole lot of wallowing in the muck. It is still here way over on page 11 or 12 of the 3ABN forum.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 5 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #349

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 5 2007, 07:41 PM) [snapback]182785[/snapback]

That's what he said. He said their relationship was over because she hid his gun. That's what he said.
That's what he said. It's posted over at

Please advise Linda that it is time to leave me and start a new life for herself. Anytime that our relationship would degrade to the point that she would listen to such foolish advice as hiding my gun, the relationship is over. . . .

Bob,

Here you go again! Danny's words: "Anytime that our relationship would degrade to the point that she would listen to such foolish advice as hiding my gun, the relationship is over."

Now, it is obvious in this statement that the relationship was not over because of the hidden gun, it was because the relationship had degraded to the point that Linda would listen to someone who, obvious by the insinuations here, told her she was in some kind of danger. What is obvious is that Danny is not blaming the end of the marriage on a hidden gun - but everything that had happened before. The hidden gun was, for Danny, substantial evidence that Linda had disconnected emotionally a long time previous and that his fears the relationship was indeed past salvaging.

Just once it would be nice to see you not take what people say and so blatantly pass it off as something completely different. We will just have to add this to your growing list of linguistic manipulations.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 5 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #350

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You know Cindy, you are a wealth of inside information for somebody who did know a thing when you got here 3 mos. ago!

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 5 2007, 07:03 AM) [snapback]182606[/snapback]

Dude, why would he want to do so? you have yet to supply the e-mails or proof to support your claims about danny wanting to get rid of Linda, or anything else you claim he said. I personally have read I don't know how many different reasons that you have posted for why you claim Danny had Walt Thompson fire you, and not once have you quoted or cited anything to prove which one, if any, is correct.

It is really hard to take the things you say seriously.

You go to the campmeeting in 2004 with the Doctor and proceed to cause a public scene, both of you handing out fliers attacking 3ABN, which you are intending to try and publish in the local paper, put up your fists to fight one of the brethren, simply for asking you to stop, refuse to leave when asked, then grab and start shaking Walt Thompson, causing others to have to come to his aid, then despite all this happening in public in front of many witnesses, claim you don't know why the police were called and that you were persecuted.. And you only went there to defend Linda and save her job.

You met with members of the 3ABN board on that Sabbath,(may 29) but they had to approach you and ask you for a private meeting, not vice versa, ( The Doctor refused to come) you admit that Walt Thompson asked if you wanted to come to the board meeting (May 30) when that meeting concluded, you claim you sent a letter to the board for that meeting, then claim that you were not allowed to meet with the board or tell them your side of the story or defend Linda as you wanted to...

You claim Linda was still with Danny at the 3ABN campmeeting and not allowed to attend, act like she was the thrown aside wife and didn't want her marriage to end, and then explain how you went to see the mobile home she'd purchased (yet your time frame has this happening before they were separated, and before she claims it even became necessary to separate on June 1, 2004??)

Possibly you were just confused here when you posted that... When did she actually purchase the mobile home?

You flat out lied about the Watch the Doctor gave Linda, and what Danny told you about it, as you yourself posted the e-mail from him to you showing what he did say... More about this in the post where this was brought up...

You even claim Brandi moved to Thompsonville in June of 2004. and keep implying it was Danny rather then Linda who commited adultery, of course this is false (also explaining why there is zero evidence or proof to even cause a shadow of a doubt here... ) Yet you consistantly defend every questionable thing Linda has done, as if there is no shadow of a doubt about it, and then demand evidence, as if you don't have any...
You were right in the middle of it, how can you be so blind?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sister
Post #351

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 5 2007, 06:41 PM) [snapback]182785[/snapback]

Never said that.
I don't recall making any comments at all on the matter. You sure you don't have me confused with someone else?
I don't recall putting it quite that way, but Danny is fairly clear that she did not commit adultery prior to their divorce.

That's what he said. It's posted over at http://save3abn/danny-shelton-demise-of-marriage-1.htm

I'll paste it below.

Please advise Linda that it is time to leave me and start a new life for herself. Anytime that our relationship would degrade to the point that she would listen to such foolish advice as hiding my gun, the relationship is over. In 22 years that I have known her I have never even gotten mad at her enough to shoot a paper wad at her, let alone a real gun. Besides you only had her hide one gun and I have two. I will not try to stop her from leaving and going to the doctor. At this point I would welcome it.

With the advice that she is getting from family she will never be able to put aside all the "junk advice that she has gotten from them. Her life's a mess now. Thanks to bad advice, she no longer has a chance, nor the witts to put it aside and save her marriage.

As you know, I've taken care of her for 20 years. She's going to need you more now than ever before. I do hope all that advice turns into more that just words. She needs you to be there loving her and caring for her needs and helping her financially if so necessary in the future.

Danny

In Linda's most recent post on her web site she states the following:

I want to make this absolutely clear: I left my home because I was not safe, I was not welcome.

The above email from Danny is a direct confirmation of Linda's statement. He confirms his desire for Linda to leave him and confirms his ownership of two guns. What reason would Danny have for keeping two guns in their home? Is Danny a hunter? Ask any of us who have or are currently living near Thompsonville if we would feel the need of one gun, let alone two guns in our homes. Southern Illinois is not the western frontier of the 1800's or the Chicago of the 1930's.

Sister

This post has been edited by sister: Mar 5 2007, 06:18 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
Post #352

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 6 2007, 01:41 AM) [snapback]182785[/snapback]

Never said that.

I'll paste it below.

Danny

Who was chasing Linda away and telling her she had to have other friends already 4 months before her trip to Norway? Common, Bystander, did Danny never tell you about this letter?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 5 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #353

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Hold on! I missed this little tidbit....Danny is a gun totin'...........Uh, Danny carries a gun?

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 5 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]182785[/snapback]

Never said that.

I'll paste it below.

Danny

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 5 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #354

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

The fallible spin.

Anyone reading that email can tell that the final straw for Danny was that Linda hid his gun.

Have you seen any previous correspondence that says that he was thinking of ending his marriage for any other reasons?

Of course, it is to be expected that Danny would blame his decision on something else, like a degraded relationship. But the facts are that anytime a wife's family counsels a wife to hide her husband's gun, he is probably acting pretty kooky.

By the way, Gary Smalley declares that any prolonged problem after 5 years of marriage is always the husband's fault. I read that before I got married and believed it. It made a lot of sense how he explained it.

If Smalley is correct, then it has to be Danny's fault that Linda felt she needed to follow her family's advice and hide his gun, thus making him decide to end it all.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Mar 5 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #355

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 5 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]182798[/snapback]

Bob,

Here you go again! Danny's words: "Anytime that our relationship would degrade to the point that she would listen to such foolish advice as hiding my gun, the relationship is over."

Now, it is obvious in this statement that the relationship was not over because of the hidden gun, it was because the relationship had degraded to the point that Linda would listen to someone who, obvious by the insinuations here, told her she was in some kind of danger. What is obvious is that Danny is not blaming the end of the marriage on a hidden gun - but everything that had happened before. The hidden gun was, for Danny, substantial evidence that Linda had disconnected emotionally a long time previous and that his fears the relationship was indeed past salvaging.

Just once it would be nice to see you not take what people say and so blatantly pass it off as something completely different. We will just have to add this to your growing list of linguistic manipulations.

- FHB

FHB, that post of "here's what he said, here's what said, smacks of desperation. After he once put it in print, he knew it looked ludicrous and started grasping at straws which made it look even more ridiculous.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 5 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]182806[/snapback]

The fallible spin.

By the way, Gary Smalley declares that any prolonged problem after 5 years of marriage is always the husband's fault. I read that before I got married and believed it. It made a lot of sense how he explained it.

If Smalley is correct, then it has to be Danny's fault that Linda felt she needed to follow her family's advice and hide his gun, thus making him decide to end it all.

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif happydance.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

FHB, Aletheia, Lee, Bystander, Are you seeing this??????? I am wiping the tears.......

+Quote Post
Ex3ABNViewer
post Mar 5 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #356

Member No.: 2,913

If Linda had an affair what was lacking in her marriage? If Danny loved her so much. what made her go outside of her marriage to fill the void she was feeling?

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 5 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #357

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Ex3ABNViewer @ Mar 5 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]182816[/snapback]

If Linda had an affair what was lacking in her marriage? If Danny loved her so much. what made her go outside of her marriage to fill the void she was feeling?

What?!?
Here's a better question, to follow your "if Linda had an affair"
If Linda loved God and her husband so much, who or what could make her disobey God?

Ex 20 reads "Thou shalt not commit adultery."

Note that command ends with a "period' it doesn't continue with an "unless...."

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 5 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #358

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 5 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]182810[/snapback]

BP claimed:

-----------------

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif happydance.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

FHB, Aletheia, Lee, Bystander, Are you seeing this??????? I am wiping the tears.......

That is one of the most absurd theories Bob has come up with so far, and a terrible example of logical reasoning.

Yet if true, would be good news to wives everywhere. rofl1.gif

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 5 2007, 07:24 PM

+Quote Post
Ex3ABNViewer
post Mar 5 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #359

Member No.: 2,913

My point is not to justify what she did, IF she did it. The point being the marriage was in BIG trouble before this Dr. came into the picture.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 5 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #360

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ex3ABNViewer @ Mar 5 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]182826[/snapback]

My point is not to justify what she did, IF she did it. The point being the marriage was in BIG trouble before this Dr. came into the picture.

Well that may certainly be true, but there were ways to fix it. Marital infidelity is such a big step that God himself says it's grounds for divorce... and even then it can be repaired, but not with three still in the picture...

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church