Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10145&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:52:07 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Did Linda Buy The Pregnancy Test Kit?, Spin off from the “Thompson Respond to Abrahamsen” thread.
Why did Linda Buy the Pregnancy Test Kit?
Let’s document all the theories we have read here and take a vote.
It was an innocent practical joke on Danny. Come on Danny get with it, lighten up, have a little fun. Theorist, Johann and Watchbird [ 17 ] ** [34.00%]
Linda really thought she could have been pregnant. Hey, after all that sterilization stuff does not always work. Theorist, Summertime. [ 1 ] ** [2.00%]
Linda did it to spite Danny. Man got no business going through my stuff. Theorist, Panama Pete [ 8 ] ** [16.00%]
Hey, Danny planted it. I know Danny, this sounds like him. He is such an evil, wicked man. Theorist, I don’t remember and too lazy to go back through the post and look it up. [ 10 ] ** [20.00%]
I really don't care [ 14 ] ** [28.00%]
Total Votes: 50
Guests cannot vote 
tall73
post Jul 30 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,732

I think the idea of a poll on this is a good one. I just wonder why there is no option that reads "she bought a pregnancy test because she thought she could be pregnant because of an axtra-marital affair."

Because that is actually the other option to the one presented as her side. And it is somewhat of an important factor how many take one side over the other if we are to evaluate all of this out in the open as is the claim.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 30 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #47

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Tall - I actually agree with you. Toss it all up for interpretation....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 5 2006, 05:11 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

This topic says, "Why did Linda buy......"

I thought I had read somewhere that it wasn't even Linda who bought it, and that it wasn't even in Linda's shopping bag, but was rarther in her daughter's shopping bag as she was the one who had bought it.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 5 2006, 05:25 AM
Post #49

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Now Daryl if you or someone else had brought this theory up befroe I did the poll, I would have added it. Don't remember reading that one.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 5 2006, 05:32 AM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 5 2006, 05:11 AM) [snapback]143377[/snapback]

This topic says, "Why did Linda buy......"

I thought I had read somewhere that it wasn't even Linda who bought it, and that it wasn't even in Linda's shopping bag, but was rarther in her daughter's shopping bag as she was the one who had bought it.

That was a question raised by someone. No one who brought the story direct from Linda's telling has ever varied as to who bought it, or even whose idea it was to buy it. There was some variance in the stories as to whose room it was "hidden" in. Johann knows the story best, and he says it was put in the closet in her daughter's room, so I consider that to be the accurate one. (And I interpret "her daughter's room" to mean the one still called that, even though it had been several years since her daughter had actually lived there.)

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 5 2006, 05:25 AM) [snapback]143380[/snapback]

Now Daryl if you or someone else had brought this theory up befroe I did the poll, I would have added it. Don't remember reading that one.

I think it was one that was raised after you did what you did.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Aug 5 2006, 06:14 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Here are the two posts by Johann which said that the test was in Alyssa's bag in her room. The first is from the Maritime forum and starts with a question from the Thompson letter.

Is it right for a married woman to purchase a pregnancy test kit when she knows her husband is sterilized?

Post 1.[Johann Thorvaldsson] This statement is ridiculous. Danny went into another woman's room, where he had no business, searching through a shopping bag where he found this pregnancy test. Looks like he needed so badly some evidence against Linda that he got a pregnancy test that he found in another woman's quarter, and then proclaimed to the whole world that now he had the proof!

Post 2.Well, as far as I recall I knew about this pregnancy test even before before Danny discovered it. Linda and Alyssa were talking about how they could catch Danny in all of his snooping around searching everywhere for his "proofs" of what wasn't there. They were joking and laughing at his strange behavior. This is when they discovered the pregnancy tests, and they laughed about it, and even sent the waves of their laughing to us, her best friends in Scandinavia.

According to Linda, Danny would usually start checking things already in the car, but even though they left the bag in the car for a while this time, Danny wasn't there to snoop. So they carried the bag into Alyssa's room. And this is where Danny took the bag. This is why I said he'd gone into another woman's room to get his "proof", because that is what happened. And you can be certain Alyssa will verify all of this, if needed.

Well, as far as I recall I knew about this pregnancy test even before before Danny discovered it. Linda and Alyssa were talking about how they could catch Danny in all of his snooping around searching everywhere for his "proofs" of what wasn't there. They were joking and laughing at his strange behavior. This is when they discovered the pregnancy tests, and they laughed about it, and even sent the waves of their laughing to us, her best friends in Scandinavia.

According to Linda, Danny would usually start checking things already in the car, but even though they left the bag in the car for a while this time, Danny wasn't there to snoop. So they carried the bag into Alyssa's room. And this is where Danny took the bag. This is why I said he'd gone into another woman's room to get his "proof", because that is what happened. And you can be certain Alyssa will verify all of this, if needed.

My comment:I do believe that someone said that Linda's name was on the receipt which is why I indicated that although it was bought as a joke and to catch Danny snooping, because it was in Alyssa's bag it would have appeared to a normal person that Linda had bought it for Alyssa or that Alyssa could have bought it and borrowed the money from her mom. In other words, it appeared to be Alyssa's not Linda's. As it was in Alyssa's bag in her room, I did not believe that anything would indicate to me that it was Linda's nor did anything indicate that it was bought for her use. To me, it is non evidence of the most laughable kind.

This post has been edited by lurker: Aug 5 2006, 06:16 AM

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 5 2006, 07:08 AM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 30 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]142610[/snapback]

Tall - I actually agree with you. Toss it all up for interpretation....

Daryl, when this first surfaced several people did make comments that the test was purchased either by or for another woman. As the discussion developed it became the consensus that Linda did purchase it.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 5 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 5 2006, 07:08 AM) [snapback]143393[/snapback]

Daryl, when this first surfaced several people did make comments that the test was purchased either by or for another woman. As the discussion developed it became the consensus that Linda did purchase it.

There is quite a difference between discussing whether or not Linda purchased it and if she did whom she purchased it for .... and discussing what an objective observer would conclude from seeing that there was one purchased.

One would be judging the honesty of either Linda or of those who reported the story...or analyzing or speculating on her "real" motives and/or her wisdom (or lack thereof) in doing it.

The other would be based on Danny's interpretation and use of what he found---and comparing his reaction with that which might be made by an objective observer.

Unfortunately, these were all so intermingled that it was not always easy to tell who was doing which. That was one complaint that I had on the poll --- it did not distinguish between the many types of discussions that had been going on in the other thread.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 5 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #54

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 5 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]143393[/snapback]

So even with this...Linda could have purchased the test...but for someone else.....

dunno.gif

Then again - no one discusses the "other" options.....just the one they want to see.

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Fstpicker
post Aug 5 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 1,979

In reading all this about the so-called pregnancy test, has anyone considered why this pregnancy test would have been attributed to be intended for Linda's use? If she is about Danny's age, or even close to it, wouldn't she be past the normal age of pregnancy anyway? Why has she been accused of buying it for herself anyway? How wierd is that?! Doesn't this strike any of you as being totally absurd?

This whole thing seems worse than a soap opera. Worse, because it is real life and not just pretend. Worse, because many people have been hurt by all this, and it isn't over with apparently, either.

My heart goes out to Linda and what she has gone through in all of this, as well as many of the others who either worked for 3ABN, or were some how associated with the organization. She has been a good portion of what I see on the show as a "shining light", and a positive ambassador for the 3ABN organization overall IMO. That light has been thrown out in a manner of which, at the very least, has left a quest mark in the minds of many. She made 3ABN the positive TV show that it was whenever she was on the set with her genuine smile and warm personality, and her Christ-like spirit.

God help us, is all I can say.

Fstpicker

This post has been edited by Fstpicker: Aug 22 2006, 03:05 AM

+Quote Post
Treniece
post Jan 27 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,353

In my judgment of things, planting a pregnancy test was and unwise move by Linda and her daughter.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 27 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #57

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

...if anything - it gave Danny more ammo....but my whole thought on the matter is that if she was preggers - it would be visible to all (unless aborted).

Danny and other "sins" can be hidden.....

JMO

--------------------

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Jan 30 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

I did not find a good answer in the poll, so I cannot vote. I would be obliged to say, "NONE OF THE ABOVE." I think, when the truth eventually comes out (if it ever does due to the sensitivity of the situation) some people may be in for a real surprise on this one.

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Jan 30 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 5 2006, 05:32 AM) [snapback]143382[/snapback]

That was a question raised by someone. No one who brought the story direct from Linda's telling has ever varied as to who bought it, or even whose idea it was to buy it. There was some variance in the stories as to whose room it was "hidden" in. Johann knows the story best, and he says it was put in the closet in her daughter's room, so I consider that to be the accurate one. (And I interpret "her daughter's room" to mean the one still called that, even though it had been several years since her daughter had actually lived there.)
I think it was one that was raised after you did what you did.

Unless Johann was there he only knows the story by second hand information...Linda's

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 30 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 30 2007, 12:29 PM) [snapback]173993[/snapback]

Unless Johann was there he only knows the story by second hand information...Linda's

get thee behind us.......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church