Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10149&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:08:09 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Out With 3abn And In With Hope Tv, A letter writing campaign to get Hope TV on Dish Network
sister
post Jul 28 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

3ABN has started a letter writing campaign to have Danny and company as part of the basic package on Dish Network. Is it your desire to have 30,000,000 souls think Danny Shelton is the face of Adventism? Probably not or you wouldn't be reading this message. There is something you can do! Something that helps the official church bring the gospel directly into peoples homes through the medium of television and help save it from more embarressment once the whole 3ABN scandel makes the headlines.

The following quote is from the 3ABN website. Remember: the more people who watch 3ABN, the more opportunities Danny has to continue his charade of being the humble, holy man, blessed of God. And like the magician he has become, he will wave the false miracles in front of millions and while their attention is diverted, he will spin a tale garenteed to seperate them from their assets. This is what he has been waiting for all these years: the opportunity to move into the big time of television evangelism and reap the big rewards. More money, more power, but unfortunately no more conscience. It is time to isolate this cancer in the body of Christ before it become pandemic.

Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
3ABN has what might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reach approximately 30,000,000 souls with the Gospel by getting Dish Network to add us to their channel lineup. But we can’t do it without your help. We need you to enlist the help of your Church as well as friends, family and the local community in a letter writing campaign requesting Dish Network to carry 3ABN on their basic package. You may address your letters and postcards to:

Mr. Eric Sahl
Senior VP Programming
Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian
Englewood, CO 80112

Thank you for your help in this tremendous evangelistic opportunity!!

I would suggest the following positive course of action:

A letter writing campaign to have Hope TV put on Dish Network, instead of 3ABN. If everyone who reads this enlists the help of your local Church, SDA Conference, friends, family and the local community in a letter writing campaign requesting Dish Network to carry Hope TV on their basic package, something very positive can be accomplished.

Address your letters and postcards to:

Mr. Eric Sahl
Senior VP Programming
Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian
Englewood, CO 80112

A few hints: Make it simple. Let them know if you are already a subscriber to Dish Network or if you are not at this time, having Hope TV on there basic package would make a difference for you. Also, this only valid if you are living in the USA, you have to live in an area that is served by Dish Network. Sorry Johann, you will have to stand aside on this issue. But the rest of you can make a difference. Throw your support to the official SDA television network and let the Gospel of Jesus Christ be the face of the Adventist church to the world!

This post has been edited by sister: Jul 28 2006, 08:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 28 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #2

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Is HopeTV desirous of being on DishNetwork? Shouldn’t we find out first?

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 30 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I guess that depends on why the Hope Channel exists.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 30 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #4

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 30 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]142515[/snapback]

I guess that depends on why the Hope Channel exists.

Good question Daryl. What is their mission? It is to minister to Adventist? Then I guess that is the reason for them to promote everyone buying their own dish. Do they see their mission to spread the gospel to the world? If it is, then I would think they should be trying to get on every cable and satellite system. dunno.gif

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 30 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 30 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]142519[/snapback]

Good question Daryl. What is their mission? It is to minister to Adventist? Then I guess that is the reason for them to promote everyone buying their own dish. Do they see their mission to spread the gospel to the world? If it is, then I would think they should be trying to get on every cable and satellite system. dunno.gif

The last information I had was that they were trying to do just that--"get on every cable and satellite system" in the world, or at least enough of them to cover the world. Take a look at the HOPETV website, http://www.hopetv.org/ -- specifically the questions, "How can I watch Hope Channel?" for a list of satellites carrying HOPETV world wide, and " How can my cable company carry Hope Channel?" for help in requesting that HOPETV be carried by one's local cable company. This may give some hints as to how to go about a request to DISH.

As far as Dish specifically, because of their policy of not accepting religious stations, HOPETV in North America has been focusing their attempts toward the cable systems and encouraging people to write to their cable providers requesting that they carry HOPETV. Now that there is a chance that DISH will take a religious station, I think it opens a window of opportunity for North American viewers that HOPE would love to be able to walk through. I hope that we all take a clue from the 3ABN campaign to get on DISH to mount our own campaign to get them to carry HOPETV instead.

My only question is whether we should work both ways--that is to not only ask for them to carry HOPETV but ask them NOT to carry 3ABN. Or would that "backfire" on us? Maybe those with more marketing knowledge than I have could give us some guidance in these areas.

Having said all this, there is still an advantage to those who are able for having the separate dish that accesses HOPETV--for with that one also gets Loma Linda Broadcasting, which is yet another 24/7 SDA Television Network.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 30 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

If you have a superior product there is no need to bash an inferior one... thus, promote HopeTV, and do not bash 3abn.... btjm....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 30 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #7

site admin
Group Icon

Thank you Watchbired for the information and explanations.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 5 2006, 02:21 AM
Post #8

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

Adventist Press Service
Basel, Switzerland

http://www.caymannetnews.com/cgi-script/cs...0042/004229.htm

LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Adventist Channel and 3ABN

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dear Sir:

3ABN is not an Adventist channel. 3ABN is not owned, operated or funded by any church, denomination or organization, so people from all cultures and backgrounds appreciate 3ABN programming. Nevertheless many of 3ABN's employees and volunteers are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Even the fact that Dr Jeffrey Thompson, president, Cayman Islands Conference, Seventh-day Adventists was inspecting the new transmitter, the Channel has not become an Adventist channel. There are some cooperation agreements between 3ABN and the Adventists for using 3ABN facilities to spread the gospel. That's it.
Thank you for making this distinction.

Adventist Press Service (APD)
Basel, Switzerland

+Quote Post
RosemaryBlack
post Aug 5 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 716

Our local church has started a letter writing campaining to put 3ABN on Dish NETWORK. and evenn went to the lengeth of passing out post cards with a prewritten letter on it. NOT me no way no how did I send in the one that was given to me.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Aug 5 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #10

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 30 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]142535[/snapback]

If you have a superior product there is no need to bash an inferior one... thus, promote HopeTV, and do not bash 3abn.... btjm....

Promoting HopeTV without speaking ill of the other station would be wise. In my estimation It may also be wise to note in any correspondence to Dish tv that Hope is an official arm of the church and not just affiliated with a number of independent Adventist ministries or individual churches within the Adventist church. It's just a thought. dunno.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 5 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Aug 5 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]143426[/snapback]

Promoting HopeTV without speaking ill of the other station would be wise. In my estimation It may also be wise to note in any correspondence to Dish tv that Hope is an official arm of the church and not just affiliated with a number of independent Adventist ministries or individual churches within the Adventist church. It's just a thought. dunno.gif

It is generally best not to make any descriptive statement as they can be interpreted. Best to simply make your request and let the network provide its own descriptive marketing.

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Aug 6 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(RosemaryBlack @ Aug 5 2006, 02:53 PM) [snapback]143414[/snapback]

Our local church has started a letter writing campaining to put 3ABN on Dish NETWORK. and evenn went to the lengeth of passing out post cards with a prewritten letter on it. NOT me no way no how did I send in the one that was given to me.

This happened in my church and I started a thread about it called "3ABN Appeal" but the thread ran offtopic.gif during its course. I don't mind that the thread did so, except that it seems that all the threads end up regurgitating and rehashing much of the same info...I am finding the entire 3ABN forum difficult to navigate as a result...but I don't know how to improve it, really, so I can't suggest anything... dunno.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 12 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 30 2006, 07:01 PM) *

Excellent idea. Why not do something about it?

A Christmas project?

This post has been edited by Johann: Dec 12 2007, 02:40 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:08 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church