Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10338&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:55 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Is Coming Out With An Urban Channel, According to Wintley Phipps
Noahswife
post Feb 8 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

In the past I made a large enough contribution to USDreamAcademy.org that they kept me on their mailing list. I decided two years ago due to professional burnout to take a sabbatical and have not contributed or stayed in touch like the past.

I just went to the website to see if Danny was on their board or if 3ABN was a partner and found nothing listed.

I wrote an email asking for status of the proposed channel. I will let you know if I hear anything.

just fyi
nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 8 2007, 02:23 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Feb 8 2007, 03:58 PM) [snapback]176507[/snapback]

In the past I made a large enough contribution to USDreamAcademy.org that they kept me on their mailing list. I decided two years ago due to professional burnout to take a sabbatical and have not contributed or stayed in touch like the past.

I just went to the website to see if Danny was on their board or if 3ABN was a partner and found nothing listed.

just fyi
nw

Hi NW,

Is there any connection between USDA and a new channel in 3ABN's lineup? I remember back around 1998 sitting with Pastor Phipps over dinner and discussing his dream for this endeavor. At the time there was no mention of a television channel through 3ABN that would reach urban areas.

I remember the excitement in Pastor Phipp's eyes as we discussed all the possibilities. I can only imagine that his involvement in a channel in 3ABN's lineup that will focus it's energies and attentions on the nations largest cities will be a highly successful endeavor. I also know that Pastor Phipp's is a tenacious man (a good thing), so if he is involved I have no doubt it will happen.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 8 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 8 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]176510[/snapback]

Hi NW,

Is there any connection between USDA and a new channel in 3ABN's lineup? I remember back around 1998 sitting with Pastor Phipps over dinner and discussing his dream for this endeavor. At the time there was no mention of a television channel through 3ABN that would reach urban areas.

I remember the excitement in Pastor Phipp's eyes as we discussed all the possibilities. I can only imagine that his involvement in a channel in 3ABN's lineup that will focus it's energies and attentions on the nations largest cities will be a highly successful endeavor. I also know that Pastor Phipp's is a tenacious man (a good thing), so if he is involved I have no doubt it will happen.

- fhb

Hi FHB,

I just don't know enough to answer. It has been at least 3 years since I talked to Pastor Phipps or the Chief Operating Officer at US Dream Academy, C. Dianne Booker, J.D. My parents who are the 3ABN watchers always let me know when they hear anything about Pastor Phipps being on 3ABN and they are the ones who told me about the announcement of the proposed channel.

I always smile when my non-SDA friends in DC would hear something about USDream Academy from their contacts such as Points of Light Foundation or when they attended the inauguration and Pastor Phipps sang. I have followed his career since he sang at AUC in the 70s on Sabbath at the request of Jon Robertson who was the head of AUCs music department. Pastor Phipps was at Julliard at the time.

I digress. Any way, I am in the process of getting my proverbial feet back on the ground and determining where I want to spend my energy at this point in my life. I wrote the email and I will see if anyone ever responds. If no email response, later this year I might take further steps to seek an answer.

Until then, I have nothing I can add to the discussion.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 8 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #34

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Feb 8 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]176504[/snapback]

Thank you Sera. I had been wondering the same thing when the information first came out about this ministry. You asked the questions I had in my mind but was unable to put into word on screen.

Glad to be of service. yes.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 8 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #35

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Feb 8 2007, 02:58 PM) [snapback]176507[/snapback]

I wrote an email asking for status of the proposed channel. I will let you know if I hear anything.

just fyi
nw

NW:

It is very kind of you to follow up to see what the progress is on this project. We look forward to hearing about the response you get.

Danke

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #36

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

money. money and mo money..... looking for additional revenue streams I suppose.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post Feb 8 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,162

The thought of 3abn looking out for urban youth, reminds me of how the Roman Catholic Church looks after the very poor in Mexico...all the while lining their coffers with the few coins that their parishioners can scrape together in hopes of increased blessings and heaven in the future... Maybe Danny will be the new "Urban Cowboy-aka Da Pope" roflmao.gif

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 8 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(4reneyonly @ Feb 8 2007, 10:47 PM) [snapback]176665[/snapback]

The thought of 3abn looking out for urban youth, reminds me of how the Roman Catholic Church looks after the very poor in Mexico...all the while lining their coffers with the few coins that their parishioners can scrape together in hopes of increased blessings and heaven in the future... Maybe Danny will be the new "Urban Cowboy-aka Da Pope" roflmao.gif

Obviously Wintley Phipps doesn't agree with you. And by the way, 3ABN would not be" looking out" for urban youth. Wintley's organization would. 3abn will only air the programs.

edited for content. No more rudeness from you wwjd, count on it.

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post Feb 8 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,162

My comments were about 3ABN, not Mr Phipps, so try being clear on whom I am addressing my comments to, and towards, before you accuse me of ridiculing someone I did not.

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 16 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #40

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

I hope nobody is holding their breath waiting on this to happen... blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church