Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10397&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:27:50 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Found On The 3abn Website
September
post Aug 11 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,857

This was on the 3ABN website today....interesting in light of the events taking place there..

Moments with Dr. Richards

Keep At Your Work

"The Lord has given to every man his work. It is his business to do it and the devil's business to hinder him if he can. So surely as God has given you a work to do, Satan will try to hinder you. He may present other things more promising, He may allure you by worldly prospects, He may assault you with slander, torment you with false accusations, set you to work defending your character, employ pious persons to lie about you, editors to assail you, and excellent men to slander you. You may have Pilate and Herod, Annas and Caiaphas all combined against you, and Judas standing by ready to sell you for thirty pieces of silver; and you may wonder why all those things come upon you. Can you not see that the whole thing is brought about through the craft of the devil to draw you off from your work and hinder your obedience to God?

Keep about your work. Do not flinch because the lion roars; do not stop to stone the devil's dogs; do not fool away your time chasing the devil's rabbits. Do your work. Let liars lie, let sectarians quarrel, let corporations resolve, let editors publish, let the devil do his worst; but see to it that nothing hinders you from fulfilling the work that God has given you.

He has not sent you to make money. He has not commanded you to get rich.
He has never bidden you to defend your character. He has not set you at work to contradict falsehood which Satan and his servants may start to peddle. If you do these things, you will do nothing else; you will be at work for yourself and not for the Lord.

Keep about your work. Let your AIM be as steady as a star. Let the world brawl and bubble. You may be assaulted, wronged, insulted, slandered, wounded and rejected; you may be abused by foes, forsaken by friends, and despised and rejected of men, but see to it with steadfast determination, with unfaltering zeal, that you pursue the great purpose of your life and object of your being, until at last you can say, 'I have finished the work which Thou gavest me to do.'

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SandyColorado
post Aug 11 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 599

QUOTE(September @ Aug 11 2006, 10:24 AM) [snapback]144371[/snapback]

This was on the 3ABN website today....interesting in light of the events taking place there..

I think that this was the paper that Mollie read to Danny last night on the live show. She was trying to encourage him to not be discouraged during his trials and tribulations... dunno.gif

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Aug 11 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #3

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

It is a GREAT devotional message...one that is definitely words for us all to live by! yes.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 11 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Aug 11 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]144374[/snapback]

It is a GREAT devotional message...one that is definitely words for us all to live by! yes.gif

Yes, isn't it. It's also interesting how differently the words come out when they are taken, as I'm sure Dr. Richards intended them, as applying to the poor struggling Christian who is genuinely being "persecuted for righteousness sake"..... as contrasted with how they sound when applied to a man who has been persecuting others and who is only beginning to get a small percentage of the punishment he deserves for that.

Please .. did ANYONE tape this program? If so, please transcribe Shelly Quinn's "sermonette" so we can all take a look at it. I've just received a description of that part that I found totally shocking ..... especially when laid along side this other devotional and other things that were said in the program.

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 11 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Tune in to 3ABN right now as Mollie continues the fight. She spoke again of 3ABN being God's work and that anyone who speaks against the ministry speaks against God. Also please note she is speaking of the vision of 3ABN and the needs for more money. She says that 3ABN are very good stewards of God's money. She is asking for people to join in the unfolding of the mission. They are relaying a re-run from the last Camp Meeting. Yeah, 3ABN is digging their heels in and getting very ready for the fight.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 11 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Jvat @ Aug 11 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]144450[/snapback]

Tune in to 3ABN right now as Mollie continues the fight. She spoke again of 3ABN being God's work and that anyone who speaks against the ministry speaks against God. Also please note she is speaking of the vision of 3ABN and the needs for more money. She says that 3ABN are very good stewards of God's money. She is asking for people to join in the unfolding of the mission. They are relaying a re-run from the last Camp Meeting. Yeah, 3ABN is digging their heels in and getting very ready for the fight.

We have had it (online) on today, and throuhgout the day there is continued asking for MONEY MONEY MONEY...their programming is very structured right now - pay attention closely if you can watch.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 11 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

WB

Okay, in order to understand the tone and context here I want to know if you feel that persecution is your God given work - or maybe not yours personally, but fellow mans in general. Is it yours, mine, Linda's, Johann's role to mete out punishment? What about NAD leadership, GC? Doesn't God handle this? And, would He handle it by employing one of us to do it?

- fallible

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 11 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]144383[/snapback]

Yes, isn't it. It's also interesting how differently the words come out when they are taken, as I'm sure Dr. Richards intended them, as applying to the poor struggling Christian who is genuinely being "persecuted for righteousness sake"..... as contrasted with how they sound when applied to a man who has been persecuting others and who is only beginning to get a small percentage of the punishment he deserves for that.

Please .. did ANYONE tape this program? If so, please transcribe Shelly Quinn's "sermonette" so we can all take a look at it. I've just received a description of that part that I found totally shocking ..... especially when laid along side this other devotional and other things that were said in the program.

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 11 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #8

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 11 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]144468[/snapback]

WB

Okay, in order to understand the tone and context here I want to know if you feel that persecution is your God given work - or maybe not yours personally, but fellow mans in general. Is it yours, mine, Linda's, Johann's role to mete out punishment? What about NAD leadership, GC? Doesn't God handle this? And, would He handle it by employing one of us to do it?

- fallible

Speaking for WB - but I don't think that "persecution" is the "GOD given work"....no more than it is a "GOD given work" to run a religion/religious affiliation as one sees fit and not by any real "rules" ("for self").....

BTW: if the case is that "GOD handles" all stuff as "this" then there is no need for laws right - I mean...after all "GOD will handle it"

dunno.gif I'm jes saying.....

ETA: ("for self") & "BTW" statement

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Aug 11 2006, 09:24 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 11 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 11 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]144468[/snapback]

WB

- fallible

This is rather condescending, isn't it, this " in order to understand the tone " nonsense?

Me thinks you understand everything quite well. That's probably the problem, isn't it?

How is a statement such as, "I want to know if you feel that persecution is your God given work" a serious attempt to understand anything? "And would He handle it by employing one of us?"

These are ad hominem missiles.

I know it was addressed to Watchbird, but I see no reason for her to respond to this.

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 12 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #10

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 11 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]144489[/snapback]

This is rather condescending, isn't it, this " in order to understand the tone " nonsense?

Me thinks you understand everything quite well. That's probably the problem, isn't it?

How is a statement such as, "I want to know if you feel that persecution is your God given work" a serious attempt to understand anything? "And would He handle it by employing one of us?"

I know it was addressed to Watchbird, but I see no reason for her to respond to this.

Yup. Condescending and ad hominem -- like every post so far.

Fallible's posting pattern does not match his stated purpose. He says he wants "the truth" yet demonstrates no evidence of understanding anything that's been posted here while saying he's read it all.

Fallible, if you want "conversation," please be polite and converse instead of attacking folks who have had more than their share of attacks in this life. In the biblical parable, the priest and the scribe merely passed by on the other side. Methinks you are casting stones at the wounded while proclaiming that you are being attacked! dunno.gif

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 12 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Casting stones at the wounded, and at the Samaritans seems to be all too common in the context of "Christianity."

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 12 2006, 07:25 AM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 11 2006, 10:28 PM) [snapback]144489[/snapback]

Thanks .... but I do have something to say in this context.

I definitely think that standing up against persecution ... and against those who persecute ... is a "God given work", for we are all called to do Christ's work, and this certainly was Christ's work... note how he defines his own mission in Luke 4:18

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because
he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;
he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted,
to preach deliverance to the captives,
and recovering of sight to the blind,
to set at liberty them that are bruised,"

And I personally feel called to that task to the limit of my ability and opportunity ... both of which are, admittedly, very limited. But a long time ago in response to a question as what single Bible text would I most want others to apply to me, I instinctively knew that it was Mark 14:8a...... "She hath done what she could". So while I know that fallible intended this comment to be a sneer that implied I was being a persecutor..... in the sense that "persecution" is a class of things against which I fight ... I would have to say that "Yes. I believe that is my God given work".

"And would He handle it by employing one of us?"
How else does God handle his work here on earth? I don't know about fallible, but I grew up in a church that taught us to recite ...... "God hath no hands but our hands....to do His work today".... So yes, I think He would "handle it" by "employing" not "one of us", but each of us ... so that by binding ourselves together ... including all those who are weak and can only lift a little as well as those who have power and influence at their command and who could thus lift a lot ... we can finally accomplish God's will in our church, and erradicate evil wherever it may be found ... and not only in 3ABN, though that is the most urgent place to begin.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church