Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10422&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:38:00 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Presents "the Battle ..." Don't Miss It, Special program rerun times
summertime
post Aug 15 2006, 06:45 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Freedom @ Aug 14 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]145029[/snapback]

Danny did take personal time off in the end of April. They went to Florida. And this wasn't for surgery or recovering from knee surgery.

Apparently Brandy came from the State of Florida---was her older child there with her father, and could Brandy have been visiting her parents?. We do not hear mnuch about Brandy's parents. I assume she has a Mother and Father and if they went to Florida maybe they went to visit her family. Also, does the youngest girl have a father who might live in Florida. I assume if she does have a father there she would want to visit him on occasion.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 15 2006, 07:08 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

It looks like they are repeating that program right now!

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
msraccoon
post Aug 15 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 1,887

Well, I watched this 2 hour whatever Sunday, and it was hard to do.

My history of 3ABN is that I viewed it for years on SkyAngel. I used to TAPE it so I could fast forward thru Danny's incessant, pompous babbling. I always hoped that Linda could shut him up and keep him from hogging the conversation with guests like Doug Batchelor.

Needless to say, I gave up and quit watching long before Linda was booted out. My 6th sense told me something was very wrong with Danny. I had a neighbor come in and notice Danny on TV once. She told me he was crazy and why was I watching.

So this was the first time I have seen Brandi the wallflower. Yes, what is she doing on the set? She is no Linda. I could hardly take her presence, little as it was.

Dr Thompson, so hesitant in his speech, still comes across as Danny's puppet.
Mollie's segment put me to sleep (really).

I have much more on my mind but enough for now.

msraccoon

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 15 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(msraccoon @ Aug 15 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]145235[/snapback]

My history of 3ABN is that I viewed it for years on SkyAngel. I used to TAPE it so I could fast forward thru Danny's incessant, pompous babbling. I always hoped that Linda could shut him up and keep him from hogging the conversation with guests like Doug Batchelor.
Needless to say, I gave up and quit watching long before Linda was booted out. My 6th sense told me something was very wrong with Danny. I had a neighbor come in and notice Danny on TV once. She told me he was crazy and why was I watching.

msraccoon

I feel your pain and suffering...what you stated here has always been my feeling too. I am in recovery now as I have discovered I have not been the only one....makes me wonder just how many of us there are that have always felt this way....when I told Linda this is how I felt, I felt a bit bad inside, two reasons - not a nice thing to hear about your husband, and the other reason was maybe it was ME? I think not. Actually, I know not. Somes gots it, somes don't. dunno.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 16 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 16 2006, 12:51 AM) [snapback]145240[/snapback]

I feel your pain and suffering...what you stated here has always been my feeling too. I am in recovery now as I have discovered I have not been the only one....makes me wonder just how many of us there are that have always felt this way....when I told Linda this is how I felt, I felt a bit bad inside, two reasons - not a nice thing to hear about your husband, and the other reason was maybe it was ME? I think not. Actually, I know not. Somes gots it, somes don't. dunno.gif

People, let's not complaimn too much. We have all reason to rejoice!

Today I talked to an editor I sold a dish to so that he could watch 3ABN - about 3 years ago. He told me how much he'd appreciated the programs then, until Linda disappeared.

- Now 3ABN is not worth the time it takes to watch it, he told me, except for a few of the music programs which my wife enjoys. But I am so happy I can get HOPE with the same equipent.

So let's not despair, but rather turn to HOPE! Let everybody know there is HOPE. Therefore we no longer need 3ABN!

This post has been edited by Johann: Aug 16 2006, 05:17 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Aug 16 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,018

I do not have access to HOPE TV or 3ABN except through Internet...and am thankful I have the choice of HOPE. Some of these people who side with Danny don't know half of what they think they know if they are continuously surprised at what they are learning.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Aug 17 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Lucyladye @ Aug 16 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]145493[/snapback]

...Some of these people who side with Danny don't know half of what they think they know if they are continuously surprised at what they are learning.

What does Danny have that I don't see? I could be duped into falling for something that John Lomacang or Shelly Quinn said -- but Danny? -- I don't think so. no.gif And yet he has a lot of seemingly intellignet people who apparently believe his every word. What am I missing? any-help.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 18 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Ralph @ Aug 17 2006, 11:03 PM) [snapback]145871[/snapback]

What does Danny have that I don't see? I could be duped into falling for something that John Lomacang or Shelly Quinn said -- but Danny? -- I don't think so. no.gif And yet he has a lot of seemingly intellignet people who apparently believe his every word. What am I missing? any-help.gif

that is our curse as humans.... every since Eve was deceived by that serpent, we humans are quite gullible, easily duped, readily believing that we can get something for nothing, which is why people continue to get conned out of their money...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 18 2006, 09:15 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Ralph, apparently Danny is just blessed with the gift of the garb. And some people, lots apparently, may be taken in by that.

+Quote Post
SandyColorado
post Aug 18 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 599

I do want to make a comment about Danny taking a vacation. He mentioned one time several years ago that him and Linda had never had a real vacation. I remember my husband and I thinking that was terrible that they hadn't taken time to get away - just the two of them.

Guess things will be different with Brandy now. She must be worth taking a vacation with... no.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 18 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SandyColorado @ Aug 18 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]146070[/snapback]

I do want to make a comment about Danny taking a vacation. He mentioned one time several years ago that him and Linda had never had a real vacation. I remember my husband and I thinking that was terrible that they hadn't taken time to get away - just the two of them.

Guess things will be different with Brandy now. She must be worth taking a vacation with... no.gif sad.gif

yeah.... maybe... if that's what it is.... it could be a war counsel.... I think they said they were at war... or something like that.... dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chez
post Aug 18 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(Ralph @ Aug 17 2006, 11:03 PM) [snapback]145871[/snapback]

And yet he has a lot of seemingly intellignet people who apparently believe his every word. What am I missing? any-help.gif

So did David Koresh.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Aug 18 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 18 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]146072[/snapback]

yeah.... maybe... if that's what it is.... it could be a war counsel.... I think they said they were at war... or something like that.... dunno.gif

You may be right. I'll have to listen to what they said again. But surely you can't fool all the people all of the time. There appear to be some pretty big names backing him. There's gotta be something keeping them loyal. Money? Seeking high position? Fear? Ignorance? -- I want to believe that our church leaders are men of integrity.

QUOTE(Chez @ Aug 18 2006, 08:05 PM) [snapback]146168[/snapback]

So did David Koresh.

Chez, that scares me. scared.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 18 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ralph @ Aug 19 2006, 12:38 AM) [snapback]146178[/snapback]

You may be right. I'll have to listen to what they said again. But surely you can't fool all the people all of the time. There appear to be some pretty big names backing him. There's gotta be something keeping them loyal. Money? Seeking high position? Fear? Ignorance? -- I want to believe that our church leaders are men of integrity.
Chez, that scares me. scared.gif

wasn't it you that brought up the issue of gullibility? that's all I am saying... the leaders may be men of integrity.... then again they may not be... they may be gullible..... very gullible....

--------------------

+Quote Post
BrotherBill
post Aug 19 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 2,016

QUOTE(msraccoon @ Aug 15 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]145235[/snapback]

msraccoon

I could not agree with your post more. First, NO ONE shuts Danny up. He just is a talking machine, and that is so frustrating, particularly when there is a much more powerful Christian witness there like Doug Batchelor who could be doing the talking.

What frustrated me probably more than anything were the campmeetings when you had all these outstanding Speakers and Singers available, but then Danny would give the sermon, and his family would do most of the singing. What's with that?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church