Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10717&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny On 3abn 8/31/2006, comments made by danny about information online
princessdi
post Sep 18 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #136

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

HopeTV would be there if GC was not busy supporting Danny's independent ministry, instead of boosting their own. That is all they have to do. Take all those shows from 3ABN and put them on their own existing network. Then get them a spot on cable just like the Mormons and the Catholics. It could be "there" in a few months, if they just tried a little bit

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 18 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]152419[/snapback]

I do agree in this context: 3ABN provides a viable means of ministry that at this point in Adventist Missions has not been duplicated.....no disrestpect to Hope TV, but it is not there yet....the name that people associate with Seventh-day Adventism is Christ first....and then 3ABN..... just keepin' it real.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 18 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #137

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 18 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]152432[/snapback]

What I have done is respond to Johann's question....and it is still valid. If it would have come from a spectator, it would have definitely been suspect.

Satan will use any means necessary, as has been stated to divert people from our purpose as Christians. Why would it not be possible indeed that someone manipulated an already unhealthy relationship to move toward divorce versus help them work through their personal situation---or at least try--outside of Adventism circles? Of course it is more than possible.... doh.gif

Johann's question hints at the scenarios I have suggested.... I asked you if that's what you were saying.... given the amount of money that 3ABN has generated, why would someone "on the inside" who is getting paid, want to see that end..... that is my question.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Sep 18 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #138

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,189

Perhaps we all remember September 11, 2001 very clearly. It stands out in our mind because of the significance of the event. Well, the day I heard that Danny and Linda were breaking up, and that Linda would no longer be on the set, I was struck with the significance of the blow in a very similar way. Do you know what one of my first thoughts was? It was that I had not been faithful. It was that Adventists/Christians had not been faithful to their duty to support 3ABN and its leadership through intercessory prayer. We should be praying for our leaders. Our leaders are the special targets of the enemy. It is our duty to support them in the spiritual battle, just as it is our privilege to support them in other ways.

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 18 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #139

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

I respectfully submit a couple of thoughts.

First, saying "souls will be lost" as some of you have, seems to be derived from non-Adventist theology. Many of our brothers and sisters in other denominations believe that "Original Sin" leads to being born damned--but I don't think Adventists believe that, do we? (See 1 Jn 2:2, 2 Cor 5:19, Titus 2:11, especially 1 Tim 4:10, and many others).

Don't we believe that a person must live according to the light they have? If so, only God knows a person's true condition, because only God knows what someone really "knows" or is even capable of knowing. How many thousands of people have rejected (or tried to reject) Christ because of how they were treated by Christians? Is a God of love going to hold it against them--particularly if He knows that if they knew Who He really is, they wouldn't?

So, if people turn away from 3ABN because of this whole mess, they're still in God's hands--the safest place to be. dunno.gif Unless I'm wrong and God would toss a person aside because they were turned off by someone else's behavior ....

People will definitely be hurt--especially in the churches I attend, where a lot of people have promoted 3ABN without relief for the rest of us. I can't help thinking that maybe one reason this came about was the out-and-out idolatry that so many people in the Adventist church have fallen into, regarding our media figures on the channel. Anyone in public ministry has to be careful of idolizing themselves, too.

But God isn't dependent on satellite TV or anything else to reach people. It's anyone's privilege to help the Lord in His work, but it's His work, not ours.

And NOT 3ABN's. Or any other media outlet's.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #140

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Naw...it is not as simple as switcheroo.... no.gif 3ABN has the SDA market and has had the market for now 20+ ? That like saying if TBN went off the air, they could easily be replaced with another similar format TV program.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 18 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]152434[/snapback]

HopeTV would be there if GC was not busy supporting Danny's independent ministry, instead of boosting their own. That is all they have to do. Take all those shows from 3ABN and put them on their own existing network. Then get them a spot on cable just like the Mormons and the Catholics. It could be "there" in a few months, if they just tried a little bit

If you have ever been in corporate America or church administration, you already know the answer to that one....

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 18 2006, 03:37 PM) [snapback]152435[/snapback]

Johann's question hints at the scenarios I have suggested.... I asked you if that's what you were saying.... given the amount of money that 3ABN has generated, why would someone "on the inside" who is getting paid, want to see that end..... that is my question.....

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 18 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #141

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Sep 18 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]152438[/snapback]

First, saying "souls will be lost" as some of you have, seems to be derived from non-Adventist theology. Many of our brothers and sisters in other denominations believe that "Original Sin" leads to being born damned--but I don't think Adventists believe that, do we? (See 1 Jn 2:2, 2 Cor 5:19, Titus 2:11, especially 1 Tim 4:10, and many others).

Don't we believe that a person must live according to the light they have? If so, only God knows a person's true condition, because only God knows what someone really "knows" or is even capable of knowing. How many thousands of people have rejected (or tried to reject) Christ because of how they were treated by Christians? Is a God of love going to hold it against them--particularly if He knows that if they knew Who He really is, they wouldn't?

So, if people turn away from 3ABN because of this whole mess, they're still in God's hands--the safest place to be. dunno.gif Unless I'm wrong and God would toss a person aside because they were turned off by someone else's behavior ....

People will definitely be hurt--especially in the churches I attend, where a lot of people have promoted 3ABN without relief for the rest of us. I can't help thinking that maybe one reason this came about was the out-and-out idolatry that so many people in the Adventist church have fallen into, regarding our media figures on the channel. Anyone in public ministry has to be careful of idolizing themselves, too.

But God isn't dependent on satellite TV or anything else to reach people. It's anyone's privilege to help the Lord in His work, but it's His work, not ours.

agreed Soul..... we forget that... the bible tells us that God is not willing that ANY should perish.... which means he will move heaven if need be to ensure that no one does perish...... sometimes I think we think too highly of ourselves and our methods....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 18 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #142

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 18 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]152439[/snapback]

Naw...it is not as simple as switcheroo.... no.gif 3ABN has the SDA market and has had the market for now 20+ ? That like saying if TBN went off the air, they could easily be replaced with another similar format TV program.
If you have ever been in corporate America or church administration, you already know the answer to that one....

ahhh you mean some would do it just outta spite... now that is something I had not thought about.... the "spite" factor....

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #143

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

"Haterade", baby.....and he may not have even known it.... scratchchin.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 18 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]152443[/snapback]

ahhh you mean some would do it just outta spite... now that is something I had not thought about.... the "spite" factor....

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 10 2006, 07:36 AM) [snapback]151098[/snapback]

It is not impossible that someone else goaded Danny into using such unfounded reasons in order to get him out of the picture too at the end?

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Sep 18 2006, 03:53 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 18 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #144

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

With some being so very persistent that 3ABN must exist in some form in order to ge thte message out, I had the same thoughts, SoulEspresso. I find it quite unsettling that people have more faith in 3ABN than they do in God to handle His buisness. this shake may indeed be warrranted for some very different reason than we believe.

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Sep 18 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]152438[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #145

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Yea...it's called LAODECIAN MENTALITY....If we as a church had the vision for HopeTV 20 years ago, there would have been more than one option.....as it stands in the 21st Century, satelite, internet, and cable are the most accessible in the least amount of time ways in which the Message of Christ can be transmitted, outside of direct contact in your neighborhood, door to door witnessing---and even books. We read e-mail documents more than we sit down to read hard cover books or literature in handouts.

Whatever faults and specifics of the Vision, I do believe God gave Danny the vision. HopeTV is a viable and necessary tool, but definitely has some catching up to do....Look at all of the spin offs to 3ABN---to other countries in different languages....yes God can use anybody, but chose Danny.

Where I will agree is that God sets up kings and kingdoms and takes them down....I just do not believe that 3ABN IMHO will be (not whether or not it can be) replaced by HopeTV.

The edge 3ABN has is the fact that it is an independent ministry that does not "need" the SDA church as a denomination to make it happen, and yet it works inpartnership for the spreading of the Gospel. It has neutrality and yet a responsibility at the same time. A non-Adventist will always view it as more credible and question (on some subconscious level) a denominational cable station as biased--across the board.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 18 2006, 04:06 PM) [snapback]152451[/snapback]

With some being so very persistent that 3ABN must exist in some form in order to ge thte message out, I had the same thoughts, SoulEspresso. I find it quite unsettling that people have more faith in 3ABN than they do in God to handle His buisness. this shake may indeed be warrranted for some very different reason than we believe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #146

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Just read the OP... doh.gif

...and I believe it is Matthew 18 where Christ tells us to go to each other 1st.....

Miss Inga....

....just read your post and now I have to say I agree with you. afro.gif

QUOTE(inga @ Sep 1 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]149271[/snapback]

Wintley's counsel was wise. However, Danny is using it to make it appear that he is not defending himself when, in the very act of telling about the counsel he is actually defending himself and wrapping a mantle of righteous innocense around himself. In actual fact, his regular references to his "situation" and Linda's supposed adultery ("seduced by a professional") are not only self-defense but attack on Linda.

If he had lived by Wintley's counsel from the beginning, this discussion probably wouldn't be happening at all ...

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Sep 18 2006, 04:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 18 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

The work of reaching the world for Jesus is intended to be a one-on-one relationship. Sometimes people come to a church and asked to be baptized without ever having taken Bible studies. They learned all our teachings on 3ABN. BUT they are rare and far between. Most souls who come to Jesus come as result of a relationship with another Christian. SOme 1900 years before satellites were up, Jesus told us to go into all the world, etc.

When 3ABN had three satellites they bounced off to get it to other countries, Danny called THEM "THREE ANGELS FLYING IN THE MIDST OF HEAVEN". They do fly in the midst of heaven but they are only slaves of what is sent to them.

God's work WILL be finished by INDIVIDUALS who would rather tell about Jesus than eat.

When we are so tired of all this high-tech seed spreaders we will do it for far less money and with far greater results, IN PERSON!

It has been nice to have 3ABN but we need to get off our duffs and "GO TELL" about Jesus.

The cities? Oh YES the cities! Work them from 'outposts" as we were instructed, Individuals going in groups to hold small meetings, and to go into BARS and TAVERNS to find souls who are desperate for God's love.

Jesus was/is our example. No better way to reach a broken heart than to be eyeball to eyeball with that broken heart.

Weep with them, Cry with them. Pray with them.

A TV SET CAN'T DO THAT!!!

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #148

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(justme @ Sep 18 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]152473[/snapback]

The work of reaching the world for Jesus is intended to be a one-on-one relationship. Sometimes people come to a church and asked to be baptized without ever having taken Bible studies. They learned all our teachings on 3ABN. BUT they are rare and far between. Most souls who come to Jesus come as result of a relationship with another Christian. SOme 1900 years before satellites were up, Jesus told us to go into all the world, etc.

Jesus was/is our example. No better way to reach a broken heart than to be eyeball to eyeball with that broken heart.

In my humble opinion, there is room for both. I also am of the opinion that there are more than a few who have heard and learned the message from 3abn. Sure, out of 6 billion + on this planet, the percentage might be low, but I don't think it is so rare as some might believe.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 18 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #149

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 18 2006, 08:58 PM) [snapback]152477[/snapback]

In my humble opinion, there is room for both. I also am of the opinion that there are more than a few who have heard and learned the message from 3abn. Sure, out of 6 billion + on this planet, the percentage might be low, but I don't think it is so rare as some might believe.

PB,
I concurr! Every possible means should be used. Thousands opf ways to sow seed of Jesus' love.
Thank you!

Even inviting someone to watch 3ABN is a personal invitation.
I personally like to record 3ABN programs for distribution to friends usong either VHS or DVD. What a wonderful way to be personal AND HiTech. We CAN have it both ways!

IMHO your are right!

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #150

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I think that was probably true in the U.S. in the past, but that CHANGING....more and more people are accepting Christ through the electronic media...

QUOTE(justme @ Sep 18 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]152473[/snapback]

When 3ABN had three satellites they bounced off to get it to other countries, Danny called THEM "THREE ANGELS FLYING IN THE MIDST OF HEAVEN". They do fly in the midst of heaven but they are only slaves of what is sent to them.

God's work WILL be finished by INDIVIDUALS who would rather tell about Jesus than eat.

When we are so tired of all this high-tech seed spreaders we will do it for far less money and with far greater results, IN PERSON!

It has been nice to have 3ABN but we need to get off our duffs and "GO TELL" about Jesus.

The cities? Oh YES the cities! Work them from 'outposts" as we were instructed, Individuals going in groups to hold small meetings, and to go into BARS and TAVERNS to find souls who are desperate for God's love.

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church