Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10942&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:16 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Will Wait Patiently..., but I would rather not
västergötland
post Sep 28 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #136

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,902

There is a small and exclusive group of people that would acctually fly such a plane from western US to Australia, just for the thrill of it. I believe they might be related to the folks who climb Mt Everest and those who try to walk across the antarctic continent.
It is highly doubtfull that anyone discussed in this thread is of this breed however.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 28 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #137

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

My original point was not to poke fun at Summertime either - but an attempt to add some perspective before things spun off into a speculative nosedive (pun intended). Hers would be a conclusion many might arrive at not knowing that the plane is not one you would choose to make such a lengthy flight. Re-reading my first post, I would have left off the "Come on" and "obvious" parts, which, while seeemingly condescending, more correctly grew out of a reaction based on my postion that there is far to much speculative commentary/opinion going on - and not as an indictment of Summertime (and Summertime, if it felt that way in reading, my apologies.) I used this once before, so please excuse the redundancy:

- fhb
[/quote] Never fear that I need apologizes for my inadequacies----I am glad to learn as I walk in other peoples shoes. Have a Happy Sabbah

+Quote Post
AmeliaLD
post Oct 1 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #138

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,692

Wasn't something s'posed to happen today?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_Cheri4Grace_*
post Oct 1 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #139

Guests

QUOTE(watchbird @ Sep 19 2006, 08:12 AM) [snapback]152551[/snapback]

It got started by the announcements made on the 3ABN website at the time, and explicitly on worldwide TV by Danny himself. Probably a most significant moment came at the June 2004 3ABN Campmeeting when Danny pointed to Johann and Arild in the congregation, calling them "demons", the men who had "stolen my wife from me", and then turned to Mark Finley and asked him to pray that God would bring Linda back to him. We now know, of course, that Linda had not even left Danny at that time..... that she was only not at the campmeeting because Danny had made it very plain that he wanted her to be absent. And we also know that the two men were a very well respected and proper Adventist administrator and doctor, respectively. And that Danny in fact was trying to get rid of Linda and did not even want Mark's prayer to be answered affirmatively. But how could the congregation know that.... either the one physically at the 3ABN Campmeeting or those watching live all around the world. How would ANY of us know the truth had not Johann been willing to stand up.... and keep standing up.... for Linda not only then, but until this very day!
I think you have demonstrated one reason that we have to continue to spread the word of truth about 3ABN so that more may hear things gradually rather than being hit with a larger shock than they can handle. So patience is still the order of the day ... so sorry HOTY .... I also am one who tends to pray the "patience prayer" in terms of "Lord GIVE me PATIENCE.... RIGHT NOW!"

But as we said so often a few months ago and have neglected to reiterate recently .... the wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind exceeding small. Justice will come. God does rule. There are many aspects to the "grinding process" that we cannot be privy to, nor can we make public all that we know is going on. Our role is to keep spreading the information, a little bit at a time, as people can bear it. When the time is right, God will bring about a more drastic information explosion, and finally an even more action oriented "explosion".

In the meantime, do not weary. We know Whose side we are on. And we know He will not forever allow his name to be "taken in vain" as we have seen it handled at 3ABN ... and not only merely by Danny Shelton.
Well ....... maybe "technical" wasn't the best choice of words. Not sure how to supply a better word though, without telling Danny too much. So perhaps we should just say once again .... it's a matter of waiting and using the time to develop our patience.

I have only been on this site a couple times.... i am not sure i get it ... the conversation seems so wrong to be. it feels as if ... it's just wrong.
I was told about the site and that people were talking about Danny and Brandy in a way that was negative. i thought it could be one or two people but my goodness... i am ashamed to read this stuff. I believe the devil has a hold on this thread

Jesus hope for us is to love one another... to jump into a couple marriage problems and think we know what happen is rediculous. Watch out for you own soul...

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Oct 2 2006, 01:56 AM
Post #140

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Cheri4Grace @ Oct 1 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]154704[/snapback]

I have only been on this site a couple times.... i am not sure i get it ... the conversation seems so wrong to be. it feels as if ... it's just wrong.
I was told about the site and that people were talking about Danny and Brandy in a way that was negative. i thought it could be one or two people but my goodness... i am ashamed to read this stuff. I believe the devil has a hold on this thread

Jesus hope for us is to love one another... to jump into a couple marriage problems and think we know what happen is rediculous. Watch out for you own soul...

I can see why you are having problems. You mentioned that you have only visited this site a couple times. I have followed this tragedy since it started to unfold when Linda just seemed to disappear from 3ABN. I have watched how the testimony of witness after witness has fitted like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle into "The Televangelist" which I first read on May 19, 2005. Spend a few hours reading the "pinned" articles at the very top. Study them thoroughly before going farther.

I wish BSDA was just a gossip site. I wish all the negative things that are mentioned were pure fabrications. Unfortunately that is not the case.

If 3ABN belonged to any other church group, I would be concerned for Linda, but would leave it at that. But there is so much more at stake.

As a counselor commented, "If your church doesn't clean it up, the media will." We are not only looking at moral issues that the media revels in, but we could be looking at issues that may be of interest to the IRS. Neither the media nor the IRS will have any mercy.

So I not only fear for 3ABN and many wonderful people who work there. I fear for our church. Some of our church leaders, right up to GC level are aware of what is going on, and seem to be at a loss to know what to do. The media will not be so kind. What will the fallout be? Who will trust the evangelists who are featured on 3ABN and how many people who think of 3ABN as their church will be severely distressed when "the anointed one" proves to be a sham?

A storm is coming, and we are not prepared to meet it. Danny, please pay attention to the roar in the distance.

Ralph Seland

ps welcome(1).gif

+Quote Post
summertime
post Oct 2 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

So I not only fear for 3ABN and many wonderful people who work there. I fear for our church. Some of our church leaders, right up to GC level are aware of what is going on, and seem to be at a loss to know what to do. The media will not be so kind. What will the fallout be? Who will trust the evangelists who are featured on 3ABN and how many people who think of 3ABN as their church will be severely distressed when "the anointed one" proves to be a sham?

A storm is coming, and we are not prepared to meet it. Danny, please pay attention to the roar in the distance.

Ralph Seland

ps welcome(1).gif
I hope that you are right that the church leaders simply just do not know what to do about the 3ABN mess. I hope that the evangelists on 3ABN are blind to what is going on there and are simply going about the job of speaking for the Lord. I am truely worried about this because if they are going to be truthful about the message then they need to stop thier idolizing of the Shelton and Co. and tell the truth. In case they simply do not know, I wonder where they have been for the last 2 years. I see people around me becoming discouraged about the ehtics of our church as time goes by.

This post has been edited by Clay: Oct 2 2006, 03:09 PM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Oct 2 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(AmeliaLD @ Oct 1 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]154678[/snapback]

Wasn't something s'posed to happen today?

I am guessing that there was no board meeting and that nothing happened - but then I am not in the loop so I could be wrong. But, the silence seems to indicate that there is a "holding pattern" in effect . . . maybe the east coast investigation team hasn't found anything, or enough of anything, to present a report.

Of course the above is pure speculation so in advance, take it as merely that - just a guess.

On a more factual note, campmeeting seemed to offer some real spiritual meat, and it doesn't matter who it came from - it was there period.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Clay
post Oct 2 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #143

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Oct 2 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]154855[/snapback]

On a more factual note, campmeeting seemed to offer some real spiritual meat, and it doesn't matter who it came from - it was there period.

- fhb

campmeetting offered real spiritual meat in your opinion.... and since many sda's might be vegetarian, don't you mean spiritual vegameat?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 2 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #144

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Clay @ Oct 2 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]154856[/snapback]

campmeetting offered real spiritual meat in your opinion.... and since many sda's might be vegetarian, don't you mean spiritual vegameat?

As George Knight likes to say, "We've got the beast and the image to the beast, and neither of them are good for you." But I think fhb was speaking more positively ... I didn't see any of it myself ...

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Oct 2 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Clay @ Oct 2 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]154856[/snapback]

HA! Okay, maybe it offered a nice Primesteak or a basket of bbq'd Frichick.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Clay
post Oct 2 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #146

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Oct 2 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]154875[/snapback]

HA! Okay, maybe it offered a nice Primesteak or a basket of bbq'd Frichick.

- fhb

lol..... glad you took it in the spirit in which it was offered.... roflmao.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church