Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11517&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:38:31 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hope Tv, Don't miss out on blessings of Hope
Panama_Pete
post Feb 26 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 26 2007, 02:39 PM) [snapback]180807[/snapback]

Even Doug Batchelor can be seen elsewhere than on 3ABN. So why not watch him on the official channel of your church?

This Hope Channel letter from Kandus Thorp is very encouraging news.

(Note: I re-formatted the Kandus Thorp letter for legibility on the BlackSDA platform. Highlighted text is also mine.)

February 16, 2007

Dear friends,

I’m writing tonight from Nairobi, Kenya. Joe Sloan and I have just concluded three long, intensive
days of meetings with division, union, conference and church leadership. This September, in
partnership with the East-Central Africa Division, Hope Channel has an extremely ambitious project in Nairobi.

The project is three-fold:

1. Tape the first ever African NET programme with the ECD president, Pr Geoffrey Mbwana
preaching in his mother language of Kiswahili and with live audience at the Nairobi Central
Church. (17 programmes broadcast by one-week delay on Hope Channel International)
Translation in English and French languages.

2. Set up and outfit the worship room at the division headquarters for production. This will be
the temporary location for media centre in this region. (See attached photo of ECD
grounds and Admin buildings).

3. Train local staff and film in new studio site (and on stage at Central Church) live-to-tape
100 ½ hour shows featuring Family Life, Health Ministries and the best music of this
region of the world.

By God’s grace we believe He will give us success. God has blessed all the appointments,
discussions and plans in Zambia, Philippines and now, Kenya. We are thrilled with the overwhelming
enthusiasm and support.

We would like to invite you to take a few minutes and go to our website and see this very latest
development for Hope Channel. Click on Project Hope ’07—the Ultimate Media Mission Trip! If you like to travel and have thought about a mission trip, maybe this is an opportunity for you.

Participate in an exciting form of evangelism using your talents and gifts in media production. Share your skills and knowledge with young, eager and talented media personnel.

We are looking for volunteers to join us in these hectic three week production intensive projects in Zambia, Philippines and Kenya . Producer/ Director, Andrew Hunt from the Adventist Media Centre in Sydney, Australia will be on site directing and coaching the local media teams in Zambia and the Philippines.

Joe Sloan and the HC production team from the GC will be on site in Kenya to direct
production and train the new media team here. Each location has launched into serious pre-production work following a carefully outlined Preparation Timeline. Your work on location to tape and edit additional packages and graphics will significantly enhance and add production value.

We sincerely believe that God is asking His church to step out and bring Adventist TV to the hearts of viewers in a culturally adapted way.

I’ve been inspired recently by Isaiah 43: 1, 10 – 12 and a rather obscure quote in Reflecting Christ:

“These last-day witnesses are bold soldiers of Jesus Christ. They have tasted of the
powers of the world to come. Their feet are not on sliding sand, but on solid rock.
They are not easily moved away from the faith once delivered to the saints. These will
be strengthened with their leader to cope with difficulties. They are messengers of
righteousness, representatives of Christ, revealing the triumphs of grace. From these
chosen men of God the truth will shine forth. It will be heard from their lips, reflected in
their countenances, and demonstrated in their lives.”

Hope Channel affords a powerful form of witness. Will you pray for Project Hope this year and even
consider coming to join us?

Thanks so much!

Kandus Thorp

Corporate Headquarters:
Hope Channel
P.O. Box 4000
Silver Spring, MD 20914
Phone: 301.680.6689
Fax: 301.680.5147

E-mail: info@hopetv.org
www.hopetv.org

Donation Center:

Hope Channel
P.O. Box 5303
Thousand Oaks, CA 91359

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 26 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Feb 26 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]180859[/snapback]

This Hope Channel letter from Kandus Thorp is very encouraging news.

February 16, 2007

Dear friends,

I’m writing tonight from Nairobi, Kenya.

Thanks Pete for the news letter. I believe they are home now. On Friday, Brad flew into Edmonton from Australia and Kandus flew in from Nairobi. As Kandus was watching Brad get the luggage, she was startled by a man's hand on her shoulder. Their son had flown in from Walla Walla. They have one son attending Canadian University College, so it was almost a family reunion for them.

It was a fantastic weekend and the messages that they all gave was full of HOPE. In question period, I asked Brad if their programming was affected when SkyAngel lost channels, and he said that they are on a different system, so that they did not lose any programming.

If you have broad band internet service, you can pick up 3abn, Hope and Loma Linda there. I also enjoy the music from Walla Walla. The URL's are below.

http://www.3abn.org
http://www.hopetv.org
http://www.llbn.com/
http://www.hymnsandfavorites.com/

+Quote Post
daylily
post Feb 28 2007, 07:33 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

Johann, thanks so much for posting that information about the history of the Sabbath programming. I'm putting that on my calendar and announcing it in church for those who have Hope TV.

NW, I hadn't heard about Blue Mt. Thanks for sharing that link.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 28 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Thursday, February 28, 2007

Hope Channel is sponsoring its annual reception at the National Association of Broadcasters show this coming April 17 from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. ALL Adventist Radio, TV persons attending the NAB are welcome to attend. Light refreshments will be provided. Come join this time of reports and informal networking. Hope Channel will be presenting a report of development and plans for expanded programming and world-wide distribution. This is a time for Adventist Producers, Technical staff and broadcasting personnel to meet and network.

Location information:

Event: Hope Channel Reception

(Downstairs meeting rooms – check the information bulletin board)

City: Las Vegas, Nevada

Date: Tuesday evening April 17

Time: 7:00 – 10:00 p.m.

Cost: Free: There is NO cost for admission.

= = = =

Brad Thorp, Director

Hope Channel

www.HopeTV.org

President@HopeTV.org

“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing and that you may abound in HOPE! (Romans 15:13)

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church