Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11731&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:26:08 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elder Johann Thorvaldsson Letter To Florida Pastor, Letter dated December 6, 2006
Aletheia
post Dec 8 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

Hey,

Being that I am newbie I don't know how to go about this.

Seems some items are pinned and others not. I am not quite sure of the standards to determine this. I tried to post in the pinned topics and as a member found out that's beyond me, as it didn't work.

Nor do I know how, or who or where to submit items. So if I err here, I'm sincerely sorry, move it to the appropriate place, let me know how, and why, so I know what to do in the future.

For what it's worth ... I think the following should be pinned.

[edited for content]

If this is an acceptable avenue , maybe this topic can be used in the future for submitting items??

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 21 2007, 10:46 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 8 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 8 2006, 02:44 PM) [snapback]162642[/snapback]

Hey,

Seems some items are pinned and others not. I am not quite sure of the standards to determine this. I tried to post in the pinned topics and as a member found out that's beyond me, as it didn't work.

Nor do I know how, or who or where to submit items. So if I err here, I'm sincerely sorry, move it to the appropriate place, let me know how, and why, so I know what to do in the future.

For what it's worth ... I think the following should be pinned.

Posted on 12/08/06
At: http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/...=107&page=1
Re: Live 3ABN Rallies
By: Johann Thorvaldsson
Loc: Iceland

If this is an acceptable avenue , maybe this topic can be used in the future for submitting items??

That is an interesting letter, Cindy. Thank you for posting it. It is nice to see that some people are putting their muscles behind their convictions.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Chez
post Dec 8 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Dec 8 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]162643[/snapback]

That is an interesting letter, Cindy. Thank you for posting it. It is nice to see that some people are putting their muscles behind their convictions.

Danny and Tommy are "no shows" in Lauderhill according the CA Murray. He said that they are ill with a bug and little or no voice.

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 8 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #4

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Chez @ Dec 8 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]162659[/snapback]

Danny and Tommy are "no shows" in Lauderhill according the CA Murray. He said that they are ill with a bug and little or no voice.

There are persons who believe that they are right, when they are wrong. While claiming Christ as their Lord, and professedly doing great works in His name, they are workers of iniquity. "With their mouth they show much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness." He who declares God's word is to them "as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear Thy words, but they do them not." Ezekiel 33:31, 32. {MB 146.1}

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 8 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

Can we pin this letter which was to Summertime from Walt Thompson as well?

It used to be on the 3 ABN forum on the "Damage control" thread and was subtitled: " Danny And Walt's E-mails To Me--september". I read it back when it was posted in September, then had a hard time finding it again. When I did and emailed it to others, I gave this link:index.php?showtopic=10836&st=0'edit'>This post has been edited by calvin: Dec 8 2006, 08:07 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 8 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 8 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]162664[/snapback]

Can we pin this letter which was to Summertime from Walt Thompson as well?

It used to be on the 3 ABN forum on the "Damage control" thread and was subtitled: " Danny And Walt's E-mails To Me--september". I read it back when it was posted in September, then had a hard time finding it again. When I did and emailed it to others, I gave this link:index.php?showtopic=10836&st=0"index.php?showforum=48&st=45" target="_blank">http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...r=all&st=45

The longer you are a seeker here at BSDA, the more you will understand about its workings. I have noticed that Calvin has rarely removed anything since I became a member here in August. It's just not the way he works. There are pages and pages of threads on the 3abn forum. The opening page holds the most current, active topics and are listed in order.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
calvin
post Dec 8 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #7

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Dec 8 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]162666[/snapback]

The letter you speak of and posted was not a part of the "Damage Control" thread.

It is still on the 3abn forum and was started September 11, 2006. You can find it on page 4, at least at the present time. Here is the link to that page:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...r=all&st=45

The longer you are a seeker here at BSDA, the more you will understand about its workings. I have noticed that Calvin has rarely removed anything since I became a member here in August. It's just not the way he works. There are pages and pages of threads on the 3abn forum. The opening page holds the most current, active topics and are listed in order.

Thank you PB for helping out our newbie friend.

We (administrators of BSDA) have pinned a few letters in the 3ABN forum with the purpose of giving people the "Readers Digest" version of this sad saga because the amount of information here can be overwhelming. We don't plan to pin anymore topics.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 8 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #8

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Dec 8 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]162668[/snapback]

We (administrators of BSDA) have pinned a few letters in the 3ABN forum with the purpose of giving people the "Readers Digest" version of this sad saga because the amount of information here can be overwhelming. We don't plan to pin anymore topics.

Can I get a exact link to the letter from Walt thompson to Summertime?

the link peacefully bewildered posted doesn't go to it, and the letter I posted was removed.
It seems the old one was removed as well???

If you don't want to pin it, I don't understand, but that's ok, but if it's somewhere else on this forum, can you just tell me where?

Thank you
Aletheia

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 8 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #9

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(calvin @ Dec 8 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]162668[/snapback]

Calvin,

Hopefully we are reaching the conclusion of this sordid mess, but if not, I would suggest that, if possible, a single thread be created and pinned for a particular class of documents, with only comments (from the original threads from which the documents come) that are absolutely critical and pertinent to understanding what has transpired.

Thus certain types of letters or other documents could be included in a single thread, and then folks reading through them would have an easier time finding the info they are looking for. That would allow for more critical information to be pinned without increasing the number of threads that are pinned.

The apologetic comments of FHB, and all the bantering back and forth, if that is all there too, it makes it more difficult for the newbies to locate what they need to in order to understand the situation.

Of course, any comments from FHB that actually refute with documentation an allegation in a letter or other document has to be included, in all fairness and honesty. But if he ever did that, I'm unaware of it.

What we have here is an internal sting operation. Better that we do it than that the world do it.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Dec 8 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #10

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Pickle @ Dec 8 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]162677[/snapback]

Calvin,

Hopefully we are reaching the conclusion of this sordid mess, but if not, I would suggest that, if possible, a single thread be created and pinned for a particular class of documents, with only comments (from the original threads from which the documents come) that are absolutely critical and pertinent to understanding what has transpired.

Don't quite follow what you are asking. But is sounds like more work than I am will to do and then I just don't have much interest. I don't like pinning topics because it has the appearance of a bias for one side or the other. I run a message board, I do have opinions but I have always strived for BSDA to be an open forum where opposing and unpopular views are welcome.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 8 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 8 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]162675[/snapback]

Can I get a exact link to the letter from Walt thompson to Summertime?

the link peacefully bewildered posted doesn't go to it, and the letter I posted was removed.
It seems the old one was removed as well???

If you don't want to pin it, I don't understand, but that's ok, but if it's somewhere else on this forum, can you just tell me where?

Thank you
Aletheia

The link I posted for you still works for me, takes me right to the page with the thread that summertime posted. Perhaps it is your computer. Since you can't seem to follow the link, just go to the bottom (or top) of the opening page of the 3abn forum and click on page 4. You will be taken right there.

I believe the reason your post of the letter disappeared is that Calvin frowns on duplicate posting. It gets clunky and confusing when the same information is posted in multiple places.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 8 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 8 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]162642[/snapback]

Hey,

Dear Aletheia,

Your name is so beautiful and appropriate! It struck me immediately when I first noticed it, because Altetheia is what we all need. It is a word often found in Scripture and Jesus said, I am the Aletheia! (John 14:6.)

So give us Aletheia, and nothing but Aletheia!

God bless you,

Johann

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 9 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Dec 8 2006, 09:01 PM) [snapback]162666[/snapback]

The letter you speak of and posted was not a part of the "Damage Control" thread.

It is still on the 3abn forum and was started September 11, 2006. You can find it on page 4, at least at the present time. Here is the link to that page:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...r=all&st=45

Well I guess I am just going to look like an idiot.. dunno.gif I also said "summertime" when I meant "September" Maybe I am dyslexic when it comes to seasons?

But in any case the letter I was actually referring to and posted here, is also posted here:
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...=10845&st=0

So as it's already on the board elsewhere, I guess this whole thing doesn't matter.

I do want to thank you for the link tho-- I thought I'd read all, and found out I haven't as there's much more.

I'm home sick today, so will probably read some of the bible topics first though. :-)

Happy Sabbath.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 9 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 8 2006, 10:56 PM) [snapback]162683[/snapback]

Dear Aletheia,

Your name is so beautiful and appropriate! It struck me immediately when I first noticed it, because Altetheia is what we all need. It is a word often found in Scripture and Jesus said, I am the Aletheia! (John 14:6.)

So give us Aletheia, and nothing but Aletheia!

God bless you,

Johann

Now that's refreshing. yes.gif Someone who looks up the Greek words and meanings when studying their bible. So many Christians including Adventists have said to me over the years "that's a beautiful name, what does it mean and where does it come from? rolleyes.gif

Of course it's not my real name. Years ago when I first came online, I didn't quite understand the whole anonymous identity thing, but wanted to protect my privacy. I didn't want a silly name, but it seemed kinda dishonest at first to use another common first name, so then I figured if I posted under the name of "Truth" and in the name of "Truth" that I wouldn't be lying. Silly maybe, but I've used the name on various forums and e-lists ever since.

May God bless you too this Sabbath day. :-)

~ Cindy

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Dec 9 2006, 01:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church