Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12023&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:45:42 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Did Walt Admit To Regarding What Danny Told Him About Tommy?, Fallible's complaint and a poll.
Did Walt Thompson admit that Danny told him something that has turned out to not be true?
After carefully comparing Walt Thompson's statements and the 2003 Glenn Dryden letter, please choose the most appropriate answer from the following list:
Walt Thompson admitted that Danny told him that the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations were 30 years old, when in actuality the May 2003 Dryden letter that Walt received indicated that the allegations were as recent as the year 2000. [ 26 ] ** [96.30%]
Walt admitted that Danny told him that the allegations were 30 years old, but you are dead wrong that the 2003 letter asking Tommy to apologize to a church he pastored from 1995-2000 for inappropriate behavior is an allegation more recent than 30 years ago. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
No, Walt never said that the allegations were 30 years old when he said that the allegations were 30 years old, and you have no business saying that he did. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
No, just because Walt said that Danny was his source of information, that in now way means that Walt said that Danny was his source of information. [ 1 ] ** [3.70%]
Total Votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
wwjd
post Jan 12 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Jan 12 2007, 09:53 PM) [snapback]169506[/snapback]

Off topic, but ironic

When I saw the post above, which shows who save3abn.com is registered to, I did a WHOIS search, at http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp, on 3ABN.org.

The search shows a little sample of the home page, and it shows a picture of Linda.

Oops, The post I referred to, which showed who the save3abn.com site belonged to was on Maritime. Sorry, my mistake. I was jumping back and forth, and confused myself.

If you are "looking for the truth" It doesn't appear that you should look here

I’m thankful for the positive remarks I heard from this web-site after my recent letter. I really don’t have the time to spend hours writing nor reading what’s written, but when I can, I’ll be back, hopefully to offer some encouraging words.
My purpose has not been to condemn anyone, only to point out how the devil seems to be deceiving so many and using slander to discourage hundreds. Satan is the real enemy here and will use any of us who will allow it, and when he’s done with us will throw us away. Aren’t we all thankful that we have a God who doesn’t use us, but loves us even when we fail? Ps.103:10 says “He has not dealt with us after our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities—v14-For He knows our frame—that we are dust.” Yet, He loves us as we are, but does love us too much to leave us where we are. We all have to be constantly growing in grace and allowing God’s spirit to make us more like Him.
The whole point of my first letter was only to ask for a balanced and fair investigation, (even though it appears those doing the investigating are unofficial, self appointed investigators) it really seems so one-sided to me. Those doing all the investigating are apparently listening to some very troubled, vindictive people, because the spirit of Christ in a person will want to build up a person, not tear them apart like an angry mob. That’s the spirit I’ve sensed from many remarks on this web-site. May God forgive anyone with that spirit, because that’s the same spirit that crucified His only Son. Jesus cried out on the cross,” Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Which, again, has been my whole point—Satan is a deceiver and will make us think we’re on God’s side when we’re not. Jesus said to the adulterous woman, “neither do I condemn thee.” So, if He doesn’t condemn, why would any of us think we would have the right to?
And who-ever is doing this investigation, if you claim to be a Christian, why won’t you be fair and find out some facts about those who are doing all of this accusing of 3ABN? This network of people have all been such a blessing to me and I feel so badly that they have had such cruel remarks made of them. I have found that those who have experienced real forgiveness themselves, find it easy to forgive others of perceived wrongs. Many times, however, those who are themselves continuing in some sin, seem to take pleasure in condemning others—that’s our sinful nature—but when our nature is changed through the Spirit of Christ, we have a loving, restoring one. I pray that this will be everyone’s goal.
As I’ve said, if the spirit on this web-site doesn’t change soon, many more will be harmed and kept from salvation or a closer relationship with Christ—that’s the burden that won’t leave me. I’m not sitting in condemnation of anyone—just expressing my concerns. If anyone else has this same concern, I’m sure it would be encouraging to all the 3ABN staff to hear from you as well. May God help us all to be His servants, encouraging and loving others where ever we go.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 12 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(västergötland @ Jan 7 2007, 03:42 PM) [snapback]168196[/snapback]

How is this poll not inviting innocent BSDAers to judge the law?

Jam 4:11 Speak not one against another, brethren. He that speaketh against a brother, or judgeth his brother, speaketh against the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judgest the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
Jam 4:12 One only is the lawgiver and judge, even he who is able to save and to destroy: but who art thou that judgest thy neighbor?

Just a point of interest on this vein:

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 says

9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."(from Deut.17:7)

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 12 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 12 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]169507[/snapback]

If the statement you make below is true, then you are not in a position to truthfully make the one above.

I’m thankful for the positive remarks I heard from this web-site after my recent letter. I really don’t have the time to spend hours writing nor reading what’s written, but when I can, I’ll be back, hopefully to offer some encouraging words.

If you haven't read all of what is here... which is obvious that you have not... and you are not willing to take the time to read it... which you say you will not... then nothing you have to say on the matter is of any consequence.

My purpose has not been to condemn anyone,

Re-read you initial statement in this post and then try this again. That statement and this one are mutually exclusive.

only to point out how the devil seems to be deceiving so many and using slander to discourage hundreds. Satan is the real enemy here and will use any of us who will allow it, and when he’s done with us will throw us away. Aren’t we all thankful that we have a God who doesn’t use us, but loves us even when we fail? Ps.103:10 says “He has not dealt with us after our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities—v14-For He knows our frame—that we are dust.” Yet, He loves us as we are, but does love us too much to leave us where we are. We all have to be constantly growing in grace and allowing God’s spirit to make us more like Him.

Physician, heal thyself...

The whole point of my first letter was only to ask for a balanced and fair investigation, (even though it appears those doing the investigating are unofficial, self appointed investigators) it really seems so one-sided to me. Those doing all the investigating are apparently listening to some very troubled, vindictive people, because the spirit of Christ in a person will want to build up a person, not tear them apart like an angry mob. That’s the spirit I’ve sensed from many remarks on this web-site. May God forgive anyone with that spirit, because that’s the same spirit that crucified His only Son. Jesus cried out on the cross,” Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Which, again, has been my whole point—Satan is a deceiver and will make us think we’re on God’s side when we’re not. Jesus said to the adulterous woman, “neither do I condemn thee.” So, if He doesn’t condemn, why would any of us think we would have the right to?
And who-ever is doing this investigation, if you claim to be a Christian, why won’t you be fair and find out some facts about those who are doing all of this accusing of 3ABN? This network of people have all been such a blessing to me and I feel so badly that they have had such cruel remarks made of them. I have found that those who have experienced real forgiveness themselves, find it easy to forgive others of perceived wrongs. Many times, however, those who are themselves continuing in some sin, seem to take pleasure in condemning others—that’s our sinful nature—but when our nature is changed through the Spirit of Christ, we have a loving, restoring one. I pray that this will be everyone’s goal.
As I’ve said, if the spirit on this web-site doesn’t change soon, many more will be harmed and kept from salvation or a closer relationship with Christ—that’s the burden that won’t leave me. I’m not sitting in condemnation of anyone—just expressing my concerns. If anyone else has this same concern, I’m sure it would be encouraging to all the 3ABN staff to hear from you as well. May God help us all to be His servants, encouraging and loving others where ever we go.

Seeing that you have not and will not read all of what is here, you cant draw a conclusion about any investigating that has been done. You came here with an agenda and are leaving with the same agenda, spouting the same failed logical fallacies, positing that your opinion is somehow authoritative and ergo if you say it's not fair then it, of course must not be fair... even after you acknowledge you dont deem it worth your while to actually read what is here beyond the cherry picking you've done.

Again... it's just notworking.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jan 12 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 12 2007, 10:17 PM) [snapback]169507[/snapback]

My purpose has not been to condemn anyone, only to point out how the devil seems to be deceiving so many and using slander to discourage hundreds. Satan is the real enemy here and will use any of us who will allow it, and when he’s done with us will throw us away. Aren’t we all thankful that we have a God who doesn’t use us, but loves us even when we fail? Ps.103:10 says “He has not dealt with us after our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities—v14-For He knows our frame—that we are dust.” Yet, He loves us as we are, but does love us too much to leave us where we are. We all have to be constantly growing in grace and allowing God’s spirit to make us more like Him.

What makes you so sure what's being said is slander? It's the second time you've used the term.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 13 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 12 2007, 09:17 PM) [snapback]169507[/snapback]

First of all, this is a forum where discussion takes place. If you wish to just post and run, that is certainly your perogative but you will miss out on really interacting with the rest of us here.

How much time have you spent reading what is posted here? If it has been minimal, as you suggest, then it would be hard to support such a claim that "if you are looking for the truth""It doesn't appear that you should look here". I came here looking for truth and am certain I have found some.

You seem to be inferring that what is posted here is slander. The Free Online Dictionary defines slander this way:

slan·der (slndr)
n.
1. Law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

There is plenty posted here that has been totally verified. Some have shared their first hand experiences and other information has be verified by multiple witnesses.

I completely agree with you that Satan is the real enemy. He appears to have used a talented, trusted, beloved pastor to allegedly damage the lives of numerous young people, young people that Jesus purchased with His very blood. And then the family of this pastor, himself a precious child of God, do all they can to cover up the alleged abuse instead of confronting it and dealing with it in a Biblical manner so that abuser and abused alike can find true healing. In the process of this cover up, many souls in the communities who are aware of the alleged abuse look at those claiming to be spreading the Gospel to the world and see them as hypocrites.

The scriptures you shared are beautiful. And he does love us as we are but if we are not constantly growing in His grace, if we deny His power we continue to be pawns of Satan's bidding.

There are, indeed, some very troubled people who are giving evidence to the investigators. Alleged victims of abuse are very often troubled and sometimes even vindictive. And yes, sometimes there are those posting here that get angry. It is a volatile subject. Mostly though, it has been my experience that people express their opinions with care.

And who-ever is doing this investigation, if you claim to be a Christian, why won’t you be fair and find out some facts about those who are doing all of this accusing of 3ABN?

From all I have seen the investigators are doing exactly that.

This network of people have all been such a blessing to me and I feel so badly that they have had such cruel remarks made of them. I have found that those who have experienced real forgiveness themselves, find it easy to forgive others of perceived wrongs. Many times, however, those who are themselves continuing in some sin, seem to take pleasure in condemning others—that’s our sinful nature—but when our nature is changed through the Spirit of Christ, we have a loving, restoring one. I pray that this will be everyone’s goal.

I have been blessed by the programming on 3abn. I can even go so far as to say that some of the programming was partly instrumental in my spiritual rebirth. We are told that "by their fruits ye shall know them". I have been troubled by some of the fruits I have seen growing at 3abn. I pray that cherished sin, secret sin and pride will be put away and that those in power at 3abn will not continue "having the form or godliness but denying the power thereof".

1 Timothy 3:1-7 says:
1 Here is a trustworthy saying: If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil's trap.

Until you have become very familiar with the information contained in the 3abn forum and truly see the characters of the bulk of those posting here, you really don't know the true spirit on this website. I can honestly say that if the spirit of 3abn does not change soon, many more will be harmed and kept from salvation or a closer relationship with Christ. And that burden for me keeps me here doing my part to bring truth to light.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 13 2007, 05:01 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jan 13 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]169528[/snapback]

What makes you so sure what's being said is slander? It's the second time you've used the term.

Makes one wonder if the message is not hitting a bit too close to home?

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 13 2007, 06:21 AM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

Once upon a time, a deceiver, in what may be the most often quoted passage on deception said, and I paraphrase.... "It is I, Esau.".... and the bewildered hearer replied.... dunno.gif

".... .... but the voice is the voice of Jacob."

Now there comes another voice saying.... "I am Bystander"..... "I am WWJD"..... but when we listen to the sound of the voice.... ..... ..... .... we too might well reply..... dunno.gif

"...... ..... but the voice is the voice of _____ ______".

Carry on.......

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jan 13 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

They are probably certain ones who have to take turns. I wonder if they do it on (3abn) company time?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church