Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12189&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:23:27 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Is Back!, Thursday nite's "dead" Live on 3ABN
sister
post Jan 19 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

For those of you who missed the pre-recorded "Live" Thursday night on 3ABN, here is an interesting report, with which I concur:

The news was everywhere, calls were placed to major detractors and dissidents and postings were made on web-sites or leaked to news people...finally the real story was coming out. The set was off limits except to a very few and security reached a new low...yes, I was told, tonight we hear the real story.

With baited breathe and dvd recorders at the ready we waited...finally, perhaps we would see the illusive evidence!!! What a letdown, what a melodrama, what a farce...just more of the same old, same old...no evidence, no substance, just send more money!!! And the devil is definitely after us!!! But the annointed one, the messiah of 3ABN, the visionary referred to by Mollie Steenson as the prophet was coming back!!! Is that it???

Yes, it is true, Danny has largely gone missing since the Tommy Shelton Story hit the contributors
e-mail boxes in early December. But Danny's back and 3ABN Today will be his platform to rescue 3ABN from the ravages of internet gossip. By the way, who was that professor that was going around saying 3ABN was bankrupt? Anyone have a clue? I have always maintained they have sufficient assets that if not another dime came in they could operate off borrowed money and matured trusts for at least five years. Unless people start cancelling trusts!!!

The important message is that Danny has turned a new leaf, he had come down from the mountain in 2006 and now he is back at the top in 2007 and going to be a real bystander and let the Lord fight his battles. He is not going to wrestle with pigs based on the advise of CA Murray. But what if he was the pig??? For example just this afternoon Danny spent a pile of time on the phone with his new best friend, Erv Taylor, the editor of AToday working diligently to keep them from publishing a 3ABN story, and getting Erv to see if they would ask me some less than edifying questions to answer...which by the way, as usual , I have absolutely no problem answering. Yup, he was up to the same old stab and twist just this afternoon. Must have climbed back up that mountain just in time for the show!!!

Frankly, I think Danny was looking much better and it appears our informant that told us that he wasn't really taking a hiatus but he was out getting new hair plugs may have been indeed correct...that hair is definitely looking much darker and much thicker than in early December and Danny clearly had better color and looked much better than he has looked in a while....but where was the young philly? Have they indeed taken ASI's advise and taken her permanently off the screen to keep those questions to a dull roar? Or as some have rumored, is there trouble in paradise? I hear Brandy is a good bit less submissive and a good deal fiestier than Linda by millions of miles!!! C'est la vie!!! Wonder if Danny wonders if he made a big mistake yet? To bad he cannot turn the clock back three years!!!

And then Larry Ewing getting rolled out to subtly beg for money...the problem with rolling a reasonably honest CFO out is that he tells the whole truth and nothing but the truth...for example...Danny was declaring Larry had the 2006 financial statements and Larry quickly noted that they wouldn't be done for several months yet and this after bragging about the automation and controls. Guess this is one company that won't be reporting on fourth quarter results this earning season, but why not?

And then the real story rolls out...3ABN had about $17.3 million in revenues in 2006 compared to 15.4 Million in 2005. A whoping increase of $1.8Million above 2005...except that Larry failed to disclose how much of the increase, something in excess of $3.4 Million, was directly related to project giving known as the Ten Commandments Weekend and the Ten Commandments Twice Removed book campaign...remember the nearly 4.8 Million books 3ABN bought from Dwight Halls Remnant Publications at a good premium to production cost and sold for only 25 cents each? And made Danny a good deal wealthier? Take out the project based giving and you find a significant decrease in overall giving. And remember, we do not have the numbers on matured trusts for 2006 or the sale of assetts. One person familiar with the ground station numbers quickly picked up on the fact that the number of ground stations that Ewing says they own was only 90, down from the number our ground station expert recalls of 115. So what happened to 25 ground stations, anyone have any idea?

Oh, yes, and don't forget Larry Ewing went to great pains to differentiate from trust funds and hard assetss valued at a written down value of only $17 Million...but then went on to note that they have no money in the bank and also painfully admitted that here in the second week of January they still owed over $400,000 on their $500,000 line of credit after stating they had no debt? HUH???

As one source quickly admitted, it has been a long time since 3ABN went past the end of December without all the bills paid and all that revolving line of credit at zero. Has Danny become a liablility to 3ABN? We think so and wonder just when will the board and the officers see the handwriting on the wall?? Apparently not very soon!!!

We sincerely pray it is sooner than later. In the interim, DANNY IS BACK!!! Just when will Tommy come back with him??? We believe it is inevitable, despite being fool hardy...but look back three years now and see just how foolhardy this entire mess was, from the beginning!!! Yes, you can fool all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time!!! Advise long since forgotten in the presidents office of 3ABN!!!

Mene, Mene, Teakal, Upharson!!! May the Lord save 3ABN from the judgements of the Lord upon those who live in adultery!!! This is our prayer!!! May 2007 be the end of the story!!! But don't plan on it.!!! Just pray for it, if it be the Lord's will, Amen and Amen!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 19 2007, 09:12 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 19 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]171100[/snapback]
For those of you who missed the pre-recorded "Live" Thursday night on 3ABN, here is an interesting report, with which I concur:

The news was everywhere, calls were placed to major detractors and dissidents and postings were made on web-sites or leaked to news people...finally the real story was coming out. The set was off limits except to a very few and security reached a new low...yes, I was told, tonight we hear the real story.

With baited breathe and dvd recorders at the ready we waited...finally, perhaps we would see the illusive evidence!!! What a letdown, what a melodrama, what a farce...just more of the same old, same old...no evidence, no substance, just send more money!!! And the devil is definitely after us!!! But the annointed one, the messiah of 3ABN, the visionary referred to by Mollie Steenson as the prophet was coming back!!! Is that it???

Yes, it is true, Danny has largely gone missing since the Tommy Shelton Story hit the contributors
e-mail boxes in early December. But Danny's back and 3ABN Today will be his platform to rescue 3ABN from the ravages of internet gossip. By the way, who was that professor that was going around saying 3ABN was bankrupt? Anyone have a clue? I have always maintained they have sufficient assets that if not another dime came in they could operate off borrowed money and matured trusts for at least five years. Unless people start cancelling trusts!!!

The important message is that Danny has turned a new leaf, he had come down from the mountain in 2006 and now he is back at the top in 2007 and going to be a real bystander and let the Lord fight his battles. He is not going to wrestle with pigs based on the advise of CA Murray. But what if he was the pig??? For example just this afternoon Danny spent a pile of time on the phone with his new best friend, Erv Taylor, the editor of AToday working diligently to keep them from publishing a 3ABN story, and getting Erv to see if they would ask me some less than edifying questions to answer...which by the way, as usual , I have absolutely no problem answering. Yup, he was up to the same old stab and twist just this afternoon. Must have climbed back up that mountain just in time for the show!!!

Frankly, I think Danny was looking much better and it appears our informant that told us that he wasn't really taking a hiatus but he was out getting new hair plugs may have been indeed correct...that hair is definitely looking much darker and much thicker than in early December and Danny clearly had better color and looked much better than he has looked in a while....but where was the young philly? Have they indeed taken ASI's advise and taken her permanently off the screen to keep those questions to a dull roar? Or as some have rumored, is there trouble in paradise? I hear Brandy is a good bit less submissive and a good deal fiestier than Linda by millions of miles!!! C'est la vie!!! Wonder if Danny wonders if he made a big mistake yet? To bad he cannot turn the clock back three years!!!

And then Larry Ewing getting rolled out to subtly beg for money...the problem with rolling a reasonably honest CFO out is that he tells the whole truth and nothing but the truth...for example...Danny was declaring Larry had the 2006 financial statements and Larry quickly noted that they wouldn't be done for several months yet and this after bragging about the automation and controls. Guess this is one company that won't be reporting on fourth quarter results this earning season, but why not?

And then the real story rolls out...3ABN had about $17.3 million in revenues in 2006 compared to 15.4 Million in 2005. A whoping increase of $1.8Million above 2005...except that Larry failed to disclose how much of the increase, something in excess of $3.4 Million, was directly related to project giving known as the Ten Commandments Weekend and the Ten Commandments Twice Removed book campaign...remember the nearly 4.8 Million books 3ABN bought from Dwight Halls Remnant Publications at a good premium to production cost and sold for only 25 cents each? And made Danny a good deal wealthier? Take out the project based giving and you find a significant decrease in overall giving. And remember, we do not have the numbers on matured trusts for 2006 or the sale of assetts. One person familiar with the ground station numbers quickly picked up on the fact that the number of ground stations that Ewing says they own was only 90, down from the number our ground station expert recalls of 115. So what happened to 25 ground stations, anyone have any idea?

Oh, yes, and don't forget Larry Ewing went to great pains to differentiate from trust funds and hard assetss valued at a written down value of only $17 Million...but then went on to note that they have no money in the bank and also painfully admitted that here in the second week of January they still owed over $400,000 on their $500,000 line of credit after stating they had no debt? HUH???

As one source quickly admitted, it has been a long time since 3ABN went past the end of December without all the bills paid and all that revolving line of credit at zero. Has Danny become a liablility to 3ABN? We think so and wonder just when will the board and the officers see the handwriting on the wall?? Apparently not very soon!!!

We sincerely pray it is sooner than later. In the interim, DANNY IS BACK!!! Just when will Tommy come back with him??? We believe it is inevitable, despite being fool hardy...but look back three years now and see just how foolhardy this entire mess was, from the beginning!!! Yes, you can fool all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time!!! Advise long since forgotten in the presidents office of 3ABN!!!

Mene, Mene, Teakal, Upharson!!! May the Lord save 3ABN from the judgements of the Lord upon those who live in adultery!!! This is our prayer!!! May 2007 be the end of the story!!! But don't plan on it.!!! Just pray for it, if it be the Lord's will, Amen and Amen!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

For those who missed seeing it, you should be able to catch it again on Sunday at 5:00 p.m. AST, 4:00 p.m. EST, 3:00 p.m. CST, 2:00 p.m. MST, and 1:00 p.m. PST, therefore, if you didn't tape it, make sure you tape it then, or on Tuesday, as it will also most likely be repeated again then.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 19 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

Has Dan been gone? I've seen him there each week taping programs... dunno.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Lee
post Jan 19 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Sister, you have reached a "new low" also. When the moderators here need to censor what you say, when the posts drip with ridicule and hatred--well, it makes me feel sick at heart. It makes me feel ashamed of our sex--that woman-kind would stoop to this. sad.gif

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 19 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 19 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]171137[/snapback]

Sister, you have reached a "new low" also. When the moderators here need to censor what you say, when the posts drip with ridicule and hatred--well, it makes me feel sick at heart. It makes me feel ashamed of our sex--that woman-kind would stoop to this. sad.gif

Lee, I think you failed to notice that the summary Sister shared was from Gailon Joy, who is not a woman, to the best of my knowledge. She said she agreed with the summary, though I suspect she would have worded it differently.
So perhaps you should save your righteous indignation for the male of the species? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 19 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #6

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 19 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]171169[/snapback]

Lee, I think you failed to notice that the summary Sister shared was from Gailon Joy, who is not a woman, to the best of my knowledge. She said she agreed with the summary, though I suspect she would have worded it differently.
So perhaps you should save your righteous indignation for the male of the species? wink.gif

Hey, I resemble that! happydance.gif

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 19 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 19 2007, 02:32 PM) [snapback]171170[/snapback]

Hey, I resemble that! happydance.gif

roflmao.gif Well, I said to save her (unfounded) indignation, not mine. smile.gif

This post has been edited by inga: Jan 19 2007, 04:23 PM

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 20 2007, 02:54 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 20 2007, 02:11 AM) [snapback]171137[/snapback]

Put a sock in it Lee. We're all getting quite fed up with your 'righteous indignation! I'm glad to see that a (Church) sister of mine has the intestinal fortitude to agree with a post made by a male of the species. We don't all get down and kiss DS feet (or his picture, or whatever). clap.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
vanburton
post Jan 20 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #9

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,813

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 19 2007, 07:25 AM) [snapback]171100[/snapback]

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 19 2007, 07:25 AM) [snapback]171100[/snapback]

Gailon Arthur Joy

AUReporter

For a good read:

Testimonies for the Church, volume 3, #23, "Duty to Reprove Sin"
and . . .
Testimonies for the Church, volume 3, #24, "Despisers of Reproof"

+Quote Post
Treniece
post Jan 20 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,353

Thanks for the information.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 20 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(vanburton @ Jan 20 2007, 07:49 AM) [snapback]171343[/snapback]

For a good read:

and . . .

Thank you. Very good to read and I think needed as well. Good timing.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 20 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(vanburton @ Jan 20 2007, 08:49 AM) [snapback]171343[/snapback]

For a good read:

and . . .

vanburton, I apologize for misunderstanding your selections. I didn't see the #23 and #24 in among the chapters in Testimonies Volume 3. Thanks so much sonshineonme for pointing out my error!

Even though my post has been replied to and, thus, reproduced, I am going to remove the bulk of it so as not to distract others with its content. Sonshineonme, if you wish to edit out my post you may do so unless you don't think it would be a distraction to readers.

I will read the correct passages referenced by vanburton!

Once again, vanburton, I apologize and thanks for the direction to the Spirit of Prophecy quotes on these subjects.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 20 2007, 10:04 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 20 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 20 2007, 04:09 PM) [snapback]171399[/snapback]

Well, I read both and I think you may have, purposely or inadvertantly, misrespresented the subjects of the chapters.

Chapter 23 deals with counsels to pastor not to engage in debates.
Chapter 24 deals with counsels to young people caught up in amusements and "chatting".

Both are very informative chapters.

"In the presentation of unpopular truth, which involves a heavy cross, preachers should be careful that every word is as God would have it. Their words should never cut. They should present the truth in humility, with the deepest love for souls and an earnest desire for their salvation, and let the truth cut. They should not defy ministers of other denominations and seek to provoke a debate. They should not stand in a position like that of Goliath when he defied the armies of Israel. Israel did not defy Goliath, but Goliath made his proud boasts against God and His people. The defying, the boasting, and the railing must come from the opposers of truth, who act the Goliath. But none of this spirit should be seen in those whom God has sent forth to proclaim the last message of warning to a doomed world. {3T 218.1}"

"God's servants should come nearer to Him. Brethren K, L, M, and N should be seeking to cultivate personal piety, rather than to encourage a love of debate. They should be seeking to become shepherds to the flock, rather than to be fitting themselves to create an excitement by swaying the feelings of the people. These brethren are in danger of depending more upon their popularity and their success with the people as smart debaters than upon being humble, faithful laborers and meek, devoted followers of Christ, co-workers with Him. {3T 221.1}"

If you meant these two chapters as counsel against the discussions here on BSDA, I think you missed your mark. It would be, of course, wise counsel to the pastors who come here as antagonists and attempt to push truth back into darkness.

Interestingly enough, I originally thought you meant pages 23 and 24 of 3T as you didn't specify that they were chapters. They are found in 3T, Chapter 2 and I am posting them here:

"Brother B's education has not been such as to strengthen those high moral qualities that would enable him to stand alone in the strength of God in defense of truth, amid the severest opposition, firm as a rock to principle, true to moral character, unmoved by human praise or censure or rewards, preferring death rather than a violated conscience. Such integrity is needed in the office of publication, where solemn, sacred truths are going forth, upon which the world is to be tested. {3T 22.3}

The work of God calls for men of high moral powers to engage in its promulgation. Men are wanted whose hearts are nerved with holy fervor, men of strong purpose who are not easily moved, who can lay down every selfish interest and give all for the cross and the crown. The cause of present truth is suffering for men who are loyal to a sense of right and duty, whose moral integrity is firm, and whose energy is equal to the opening providence of God. Such qualifications as these are of more value than untold wealth invested in the work and cause of God. Energy, moral integrity, and strong purpose for the right are qualities that cannot be supplied with any amount of gold. Men possessing these qualifications will have influence everywhere. Their lives will be more powerful than lofty eloquence. God calls for men of heart, men of mind, men of moral integrity, whom He can make the depositaries of His truth, and who will correctly represent its sacred principles in their daily life. {3T 23.1}

In some respects Brother B has ability that but few have. If his heart were sanctified to the work he could fill an important position in the office with acceptance to God. He needs to be converted and to humble himself as a little child, and seek pure, heart religion, in order for his influence in the office, or in the cause of God anywhere, to be what it ought to be. As his influence has been, it has injured all connected with the office, but more especially the young. His position as foreman gave him influence. He did not conduct himself conscientiously in the fear of God. He favored particular ones more than others. He neglected those who, for their faithfulness and ability, deserved special encouragement, and he brought distress and perplexity upon those in who he should have had a special interest. Those who link their affections and interest to one or two, and favor them to the disadvantage of others, should not retain their position in the office for a day. This unsanctified partiality for special ones who may please the fancy, to the neglect of others who are conscientious and God-fearing, and in His sight of more value, is offensive to God. That which God values we should value. The ornament of a meek and quiet spirit He regards of higher value than external beauty, outward adornment, riches, or worldly honor. {3T 23.2}

The true followers of Christ will not choose intimate friendship with those whose characters have serious defects, and whose example as a whole it would not be safe to follow, while it is their privilege to associate with persons who observe a conscientious regard for duty in business, and in religion. Those who lack principle and devotion generally exert a more positive influence to mold the minds of their intimate friends than is exerted by those who seem well balanced and able to control and influence the defective in character, those lacking spirituality and devotion. {3T 24.1}

Brother B's influence, if unsanctified, endangers the souls of those who follow his example. His ready tact and ingenuity are admired, and lead those connected with him to give him credit for qualifications that he does not possess. At the office he was reckless of his time. If this had affected himself only, it would have been a small matter; but his position as foreman gave him influence. His example before those in the office, especially the apprentices, was not circumspect and conscientious. If, with his ingenious talent, Brother B possessed a high sense of moral obligation, his services would be invaluable to the office. If his principles had been such that nothing could have moved him from the straight line of duty, that no inducement which could have been presented would have purchased his consent to a wrong action, his influence would have molded others; but his desires for pleasure allured him from his post of duty. If he had stood in the strength of God, unmoved by censure or flattery, steady to principle, faithful to his convictions of truth and justice, he would have been a superior man and would have won a commanding influence everywhere. Brother B lacks frugality and economy. He lacks the tact which would enable him to adapt himself to the opening providence of God and make him a minuteman. He loves human praise. He is swayed by circumstances, and is subject to temptation, and his integrity cannot be relied upon. {3T 24.2}"

PB, I don't think this is what I read today. I found in Test. v.3 an area names #23 and read there about Laodacia. Is this from that? I will check again...I was going to copy and paste some in my thanks comment to Vanburton, but declined as I wasn't sure the admin would want all that I was going to put here. I shall look at this again.

ok, this is how it starts out (what I read)

"Number Twenty-Three
Testimony for the Church-

Chapter 27 - The Laodicean Church"

AND

"Number Twenty-Four

Testimony for the Church-

Chapter 31 - The Great Rebellion"

Is this what you read today?

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jan 20 2007, 06:22 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jan 20 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

sonshine,

looking up on my EGW CD, the pages you are looking for are:

3T 265
3T 358

added:

http://egwdatabase.whiteestate.org/nxt/gat...036;vid=default

click on "go to book and page"

select testimonies 3 and put the page 265 or 358 into the next box and click on search...
takes you right to the page.

This post has been edited by roxe: Jan 20 2007, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
eye witness
post Jan 21 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 19 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]171137[/snapback]

Lee we are not alone with feeling sick about this one of our sisters address these kind years ago.

It pains me to say that there are unruly tongues among church members. There are false tongues that feed on mischief. There are sly, whispering tongues. There is tattling, impertinent meddling, adroit quizzing. Among the lovers of gossip some are actuated by curiosity, others by jealousy, many by hatred against those through whom God has spoken to reprove them. All these discordant elements are at work. Some conceal their real sentiments, while others are eager to publish all they know, or even suspect, of evil against another.
I saw that the very spirit of perjury, that would turn truth to falsehood, good into evil, and innocence into crime, is now active. Satan exults over the condition of God’s professed people. While many are neglecting their own souls, they eagerly watch for an opportunity to criticize and condemn others. All have defects of character, and it is not hard to find something that jealousy can interpret to their injury. “Now,” say these self-constituted judges, “we have facts. We will fasten upon them an accusation from which they can not clear themselves.” They wait for a fitting opportunity and then produce their bundle of gossip and bring forth their tidbits.
In their efforts to carry a point, person who have naturally a strong imagination are in danger of deceiving themselves and deceiving others. They gather up unguarded expressions from another, not considering that words may be uttered hastily and hence may not reflect the real sentiments of the speaker. But those unpremeditated remarks, often so trifling as to be unworthy of notice, are viewed through Satan’s magnifying glass, pondered, and repeated until molehills become mountains. Separated from God, the surmisers of evil become the sport of temptation. They scarcely know the strength of their feelings or the effort of their words. While condemning the errors of other, they indulge far greater errors themselves. Consistency is a jewel.
Is there no law of kindness to be observed? Have Christians been authorized of God to criticize and condemn one another? Is it honorable, or even honest, to win from the lips of another, under the guise of friendship, secrets which have been entrusted to him, and then turn the knowledge thus gained to report, to unearth everything that will cast suspicion on the character of another, and then take delight in using it to injure him? Satan exults when he can defame or wound a follower of Christ. He is “the accuser of our brethren.” Shall Christians aid in his work?
God’s all-seeing eye notes the defects of all and the ruling But if you walk humbly and prayerfully you will come forth from the proving process more precious than fine gold, even than the golden wedge of Ophir. If careless and prayerless, you will be as sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal.
Some have become almost lost in the mazes of skepticism. To such I would say: Lift your mind out of that channel. Fasten it upon God. The more closely faith and holiness bind you to the Eternal One, the clearer and brighter will the justice of His dealings appear to you. Make life, eternal life, the object of your pursuit.
I know your danger. If you lose confidence in the testimonies you will drift away from Bible truth. I have been fearful that many would take a questioning, doubting position, and in my distress for your souls I would war you. How many will heed the warning? As you now hold the testimonies, should one be given crossing your track, correcting your errors would you feel at perfect liberty to accept or reject any part or the whole? That which you will be least inclined to receive is the very part most needed. God and Satan never work in co-partnership. The testimonies either bear the signet of God or that of Satan. A good tree cannot bring forth corrupt fruit, ye shall know them. God has spoken. Who has trembled at His word?

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jan 20 2007, 02:54 AM) [snapback]171329[/snapback]

Put a sock in it Lee. We're all getting quite fed up with your 'righteous indignation! I'm glad to see that a (Church) sister of mine has the intestinal fortitude to agree with a post made by a male of the species. We don't all get down and kiss DS feet (or his picture, or whatever). clap.gif

No you do not get down and kiss DS feet (or his picture, or whatever). WHAT YOU DO IS TALK ABOUT HIM ALL THE TIME. "Thou Shalt have no other Gods before me." giggle.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church