Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12259&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:41:56 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asi Responds
NormF
post Jan 28 2007, 08:32 AM
Post #151

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,691

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 28 2007, 05:43 AM) [snapback]173462[/snapback]
There is one problem, Norm. In this case Harold Lance did take an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

I can't give you the exact date, but I know for certainty that he did.

Everyone who becomes a Seventh-day Adventist takes solemn vows before God, similar to marriage vows, and those vows include a pledge to keep the 10 Commandments, one of which says, "Thou shalt not bear false witness."

"Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay" (Eccl. 5:5).

Hmm. Theoretically, of course, so did Danny, Tommy, Walt, John, Kay, and a few others here and there, too. Is being maybe more than one problem, yes/no?

Regards,
Norm

--------------------
Debile fundamentum, fallit opus. - "Where there is a weak foundation, the work falls."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 28 2007, 08:56 AM
Post #152

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 27 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]173328[/snapback]

Yes, it really is.

When the 3ABN school/gym was built, it was announced as a "community center."

All it needs now is a community audience... rofl1.gif

I remember that, HOTY.

When the 3ABN Worship Center (Thompsonville SDA Church) was begun, it was funded specifically to be a life-size Sanctuary Exhibit and announced as such. WHERE is the Sanctuary Exhibit?

When the guest apartments on Angel Lane were built it was announced it would be decent, affordable housing for employees. Well, Walt Thompson has a permanent studio apartment there.

And the list goes on and on...

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 28 2007, 09:12 AM
Post #153

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 27 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]173363[/snapback]

As usual there is "some" truth to what you say about T'vill hating 3abn. But from what I have heard it is not because they knew administration before they were administration. It is because they are Sventh day adventists. Rumors have went around for years in the town that the adventist denomination are a cult and that they working along with 3abn, have built hidden tunnels and have weapons and all the junk that goes into small town gossip. If 3ABN were babtist or methodist or Church of God, all would be well and accepted. If Ellen White lived in Thompsonville even she, would be the object of ridicule.

As usual there is "some" truth in what you have said. Excuse me, but isn't that the ruse the serpent used with Eve in the Garden of Eden? Basically, if you were to talk to the mayor of Thompsonville and many of the townsfolk, they would give you an ear full of information. The problems people have with the Sheltons have very little to do with Adventism. Being an Adventist living in Thompsonville, I had some lively discussions with Baptists over religion, but that did not make them unwilling to be friendly or neighborly. Of course if you mentioned the name Shelton, you got quite another reaction.

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 27 2007, 10:09 PM) [snapback]173367[/snapback]

In looking at many of your posts it seems fairly obvious that you know just the right questions to ask that will have negative answers. You do it so innocently but yet anyone that goes back aways can see you have a nice little pattern to what you are doing. You already know the answers to the questions you ask and you are secure they will be answered in a negative way, which is why you choose those particular questions. I notice that you have never ask a question that I can find, that would be answered in the positive towards 3abn. Good Strategy but game over.

And what is your game plan? I see a nice little pattern developing there, also. Attack those who disagree with you and hopefully weaken or discredit their testimony. Live up to your self chosen BSDA name. WHAT WOULD JESUS DO. He definitely never did anything like what you have done here. Could anyone suggest a more appropriate title for WWJD? Clay, any ideas? What if she were to join the Heathen Family? Perhaps, "Keeper of the Red Herring"? Or has Bystander already been "anointed" with that title. Maybe they all belong to a lost tribe? Clay?

This post has been edited by sister: Jan 28 2007, 09:25 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 28 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #154

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 28 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]173480[/snapback]
Live up to your self chosen BSDA name. WHAT WOULD JESUS DO. He definitely never did anything like what you have done here. Could anyone suggest a more appropriate title for WWJD?

I already did, Sister. I guess you missed it.... I think it stands for What Would Jacob Do?....

Deceive?

Sell his birthright for a mess of pottage?

No need to change the BSDA "handle" to something more appropriate. I think it fits perfectly. Good choice. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jan 28 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #155

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 28 2007, 09:31 AM) [snapback]173510[/snapback]

I already did, Sister. I guess you missed it.... I think it stands for What Would Jacob Do?....

Deceive?

Sell his birthright for a mess of pottage?

No need to change the BSDA "handle" to something more appropriate. I think it fits perfectly. Good choice. yes.gif

Hmmm... someone clarify this for me please. I thought it was Esau who sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Oh well I have to be wrong. WWJD is always right. It was Jacob. Gotta go rewrite the Bible now.. see ya later folks.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 28 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #156

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jan 28 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]173514[/snapback]

Hmmm... someone clarify this for me please. I thought it was Esau who sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Oh well I have to be wrong. WWJD is always right. It was Jacob. Gotta go rewrite the Bible now.. see ya later folks.

oops.gif OOPSIE big time.... But come back.... Hands off the Bible.... I'll confess... I goofed....

WWJD is for Jacob the deceiver.... and stop right there... forget what I said about Esau... so sorry... so embarrassed.... where is that couch to hide behind.... sofa1.gif... or the hole... that's it... I'll dig a hole and hide in it.... digging.gif.... OTOH....

..... signthankspin.gif... for correcting me.... .... there... I feel much better now.... cloud9.gif....

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jan 28 2007, 12:53 PM

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 28 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #157

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 28 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]173479[/snapback]

I remember that, HOTY.

When the 3ABN Worship Center (Thompsonville SDA Church) was begun, it was funded specifically to be a life-size Sanctuary Exhibit and announced as such. WHERE is the Sanctuary Exhibit?
I assume the original donor was someone with deep pockets to fund such a major project?

Also, I assume that the original donor was consulted before using the funds for a very differetn project. Am I assuming correctly?
When the guest apartments on Angel Lane were built it was announced it would be decent, affordable housing for employees. Well, Walt Thompson has a permanent studio apartment there.
So Walt Thompson has one apartment. How much time does he spend at 3ABN that he needs an apartment there? I'm assuming that if he's a hands-on guy who actually rubs shoulders with the rank-and-file employees, he might need an apartment there.

How many apartments were built, and who lives in the others?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 28 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #158

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 28 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]173527[/snapback]

oops.gif OOPSIE big time.... But come back.... Hands off the Bible.... I'll confess... I goofed....

WWJD is for Jacob the deceiver.... and stop right there... forget what I said about Esau... so sorry... so embarrassed.... where is that couch to hide behind.... sofa1.gif... or the hole... that's it... I'll dig a hole and hide in it.... digging.gif.... OTOH....

..... signthankspin.gif... for correcting me.... .... there... I feel much better now.... cloud9.gif....

Easy correction to make for those using a UNIX text editior:

echo 'sell his birthright for a mess of pottage'| perl -pi -e 's/sell\ his/steal\ his\ brother\'s/g

Geek has it's privileges smile.gif

But I had concluded the 'j' in 'wwjd' stood for Judas; that explains the whole betrayal and rationalization, seeking after 30 pieces of silver thing we see...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jan 28 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #159

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Well you at least made eating crow funny. thats-funny.gif

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 28 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]173527[/snapback]

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 28 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #160

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jan 28 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]173535[/snapback]

Well you at least made eating crow funny. thats-funny.gif

Thanks.... secret.gif The secret to making a tasty dish out of road-kill is to get it while it's still really fresh.... yes.gif ..... rofl1.gif .... notworthy.gif ....

But I like Mr. J's way maybe even better....
So we have What Would Jacob do?....

Steal his brother's birthright.... with a mess of pottage....

and What Would Judas Do?....

Sell the Lord for 30 pieces of silver....

Yup... fits.... thanks Mr. J...... clapping.gif

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 28 2007, 02:58 PM) [snapback]173534[/snapback]

Easy correction to make for those using a UNIX text editior:

echo 'sell his birthright for a mess of pottage'| perl -pi -e 's/sell\ his/steal\ his\ brother\'s/g

Geek has it's privileges

But I had concluded the 'j' in 'wwjd' stood for Judas; that explains the whole betrayal and rationalization, seeking after 30 pieces of silver thing we see...

In His service,
Mr. J

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 28 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #161

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 28 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]173547[/snapback]

Thanks.... secret.gif The secret to making a tasty dish out of road-kill is to get it while it's still really fresh.... yes.gif ..... rofl1.gif .... notworthy.gif ....
But I like Mr. J's way maybe even better....
So we have What Would Jacob do?....

Steal his brother's birthright.... with a mess of pottage....

and What Would Judas Do?....

Sell the Lord for 30 pieces of silver....

Yup... fits.... thanks Mr. J...... clapping.gif

There are a number of men and women in the Bible with a name beginning with a "J." I guess one could pick any one of them.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jan 28 2007, 06:43 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 29 2007, 03:13 AM
Post #162

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 28 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]173529[/snapback]

I assume the original donor was someone with deep pockets to fund such a major project?

Also, I assume that the original donor was consulted before using the funds for a very differetn project. Am I assuming correctly? So Walt Thompson has one apartment. How much time does he spend at 3ABN that he needs an apartment there? I'm assuming that if he's a hands-on guy who actually rubs shoulders with the rank-and-file employees, he might need an apartment there.

How many apartments were built, and who lives in the others?

Make some calls, you can find out easily...You are correct Inga. Dr. Thompson spends several days a month there and stays in one of the apartments when he does. what is incorrect, is the implication that it sets empty while he isn't there. It doesn't. They are for whoever comes to do music, programming, cooking ect ect. The guest that are on all the shows that we see have to have somewhere to stay while they are making their programs. Some are there just a few days and some are there for several weeks depending on their program schedule. The apartments may or may not have been meant for low cost housing in the beginning but the need for guest rooms became priority. There are 6 or 8 (didn't get clear on that ) apartments that 3abn built and there are several homes where volunteers live that have small apartment quarters in their basements. According to those in charge of scheduling they say that many times throughout the year, they are filled up and really need several more.

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 28 2007, 09:12 AM) [snapback]173480[/snapback]

As usual there is "some" truth in what you have said. Excuse me, but isn't that the ruse the serpent used with Eve in the Garden of Eden? Basically, if you were to talk to the mayor of Thompsonville and many of the townsfolk, they would give you an ear full of information. The problems people have with the Sheltons have very little to do with Adventism. Being an Adventist living in Thompsonville, I had some lively discussions with Baptists over religion, but that did not make them unwilling to be friendly or neighborly. Of course if you mentioned the name Shelton, you got quite another reaction.
And what is your game plan? I see a nice little pattern developing there, also. Attack those who disagree with you and hopefully weaken or discredit their testimony. Live up to your self chosen BSDA name. WHAT WOULD JESUS DO. He definitely never did anything like what you have done here. Could anyone suggest a more appropriate title for WWJD? Clay, any ideas? What if she were to join the Heathen Family? Perhaps, "Keeper of the Red Herring"? Or has Bystander already been "anointed" with that title. Maybe they all belong to a lost tribe? Clay?

Sister you are at the top of the list for nasty and mean comments along with accusations. Wasn't it your post that said that DS was a red neck hick conman that took money from little old ladies ect and you could smell the aroma of the honey dew truck... my my.. is that what Jesus would do? You know it isn't.

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Jan 26 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]172833[/snapback]

I have never even tried to pretend that I am completely on the Linda bandwagon, I didn't like some of the things that she did, but that doesn't mean that I think that she was treated fairly and that is the reason that I started posting on this site. So don't try to act like you know who I am or what I am about.

Ok, I won't

QUOTE(Hawk @ Jan 27 2007, 01:33 AM) [snapback]173083[/snapback]

Danny came on this forum and lied. Bystander said he was leaving and lied. Eye Witness bore false witness and lied. 3ABN couldn't even tell the truth in something as small as the names of four little children and lied to all of their viewers. How can anything you'uns say be given any credibility? Reminds me of a joke. "How do you know when a televangelist is lying? His lips are moving."

If you are referring to the Mundell children No One from 3ABN told that their name had been changed. Not only did they not say it, no one there even thought it...I ask

edited for content...... Bystander your attempt to identify other posters who have chosen not to reveal themselves will not be tolerated.... this is a warning, do not go there....

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 29 2007, 03:45 AM
Post #163

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Ralph @ Jan 25 2007, 06:35 PM) [snapback]172591[/snapback]

Thanks, Observer for putting so much effort into this difficult project.

So it looks like we are again left with the shadow on 3ABN of alleged improprieties. The more we learn, it appears that this shadow has substance. Let us not get sidetracked by the smell of red herrings.

I agree, let's not.. instead lets think about the fact of how many upstanding people and organizations you all have accused of being biased, corrupt, ect ect. ASI is maybe the most esteemed, recognized and respected groups in the Adventist denomination. They have hundreds of intelligent, diligent and god fearing people as members. As mentioned before, people like Ellsworth McKee from Little Debbie, Harold Lance, and the highly esteemed McNeilus family. Someone on this forum said there was no way that the McNeilus family would be unbiased because they had invested heavily in 3ABN. Please, whatever the amount of money that they may have given is not even a dent in their finances. 3abn is just one of hundreds of ministries and missionary's that they support. They build churches and orphanages and send in medical help to the people in 3rd world countries. They don't just pay the bill, they go themselves and work right alongside everyone else. If 3abn went under, they would never come close to feeling it financially. It is the same scenario with many other members of ASI. 3ABN is just a very small spec in the whole picture of ASI's finances which is why that they would and could have been totally unbiased. GAILON YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS TOTAL TRUTH, and you are dishonoring the people on this forum if you don't admit it. If your pursuit of truth has not caused you to come to this conclusion then, I must agree with those that say, you couldn't investigate your way out of a paperbag.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 29 2007, 04:55 AM
Post #164

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 29 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]173640[/snapback]

- - -
There are 6 or 8 (didn't get clear on that ) apartments that 3abn built and there are several homes where volunteers live that have small apartment quarters in their basements. According to those in charge of scheduling they say that many times throughout the year, they are filled up and really need several more.
- - -
Sister you are at the top of the list for nasty and mean comments along with accusations. Wasn't it your post that said that DS was a red neck hick conman that took money from little old ladies ect and you could smell the aroma of the honey dew truck... my my.. is that what Jesus would do? You know it isn't.
- - -
Ok, I won't
- - -
If you are referring to the Mundell children No One from 3ABN told that their name had been changed. Not only did they.not say it, no one there even thought it...I ask

´Mr. 'bystander'. This post of yours is a strong indication that you, just like Queen Esther, have come to the kingdom for such a time as this. You have provided us with a remarkable demonstration of what truth is and isn’t. You don't know the arguments so you make a call to Thompsonville for instructions, and not even then do you get an accurate count of the number of apartments available. This is the first clue that not all of the other tales you get are accurate. But there is much more. . .

You acknowledge that the truth can hurt. So when you face it, it might even seen nasty, when you don’t have the whole truth.

Your faulty information on the Mundall issue demonstrates that you have been connected to a fallible source. When than program was first broadcast the Mundall children were all listed as Firestone.

When the children's father called 3ABN and protested to Mr. M, he was told it could not be changed without the approval of the BOSS.

When we pointed out right here on BSDA that it was illegal what they were doing, and that they might be sued for it, then they changed it, so on the re-runs of the program the children's names were listed as Mundall. The information you received shows that they would lie in order to protect them against the consequence of their former lie. This we have seen again and again in our dealings with 3ABN. Truth, to 3ABN, can be swayed in any direction to protect themselves against the results of earlier issued falsehoods. Back in 2004 Mr. Danny Shelton demonstrated this so clearly right here on BSDA, and this is one good reason why the words of 3ABN no longer are accepted without a good verification.

So, Mr. whatever your real name is, we must be grateful to you for providing yet another proof beyond doubt that our perceptions are correct.

For this matter, with which you have now been contaminated, there is a clear way out. Fall on your knees before the Cross of Jesus Christ in confession, and you will experience the power of divine healing because there is a Balm in Gilead. And it is the cleansing in the Blood that we pray for that the administrative staff of 3ABN will experience, so that the Gospel and Advent Message may be proclaimed with power of the Holy Spirit to a dying World. Thank you, Mr. Bystander, for your part in making this possible.

May God Bless You,

Johann Thorvaldsson
Former Director of European Development for 3ABN
Until fired for refusing to tell the lie demanded by the boss.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 29 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #165

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 29 2007, 04:13 AM) [snapback]173640[/snapback]

Make some calls, you can find out easily...You are correct Inga. Dr. Thompson spends several days a month there and stays in one of the apartments when he does. what is incorrect, is the implication that it sets empty while he isn't there. It doesn't. They are for whoever comes to do music, programming, cooking ect ect. The guest that are on all the shows that we see have to have somewhere to stay while they are making their programs. Some are there just a few days and some are there for several weeks depending on their program schedule. The apartments may or may not have been meant for low cost housing in the beginning but the need for guest rooms became priority. There are 6 or 8 (didn't get clear on that ) apartments that 3abn built and there are several homes where volunteers live that have small apartment quarters in their basements. According to those in charge of scheduling they say that many times throughout the year, they are filled up and really need several more.

edited for content...... Bystander your attempt to identify other posters who have chosen not to reveal themselves will not be tolerated.... this is a warning, do not go there....

Danny Shelton, himself, on one of the Behind the Scenes programs and on other occassions, made the statement that the appartments were being built as employee housing. THAT IS A FACT.

Bystander, unless the situation has changed recently, Walt Thompson has permanently had an apartment in that complex (four studio apartments and four 2 bedroom apartments with a small coin operated laundry building) since it was built. He has clothing and other personal items in there all the time, I know, I have been inside his apartment. On occasion he has allowed personal guests of his to use it. Personally, I can remember whole months or more when it was vacant ready for Walt's return. THIS IS FACTUAL.

Secondly, I assume that the the houses you are referring to with apartments in their basements for volunteers are Bob and Bea's place and Tammy Larson's parents home. Their homes were built with the understanding that the basement apartments were to be used for guests accommodations. These homes were built on 3ABN property and paid for by the individuals that live there, with the understanding that the "owners" could remain living there until their death, upon which time 3ABN becomes the sole owner and the entire house becomes guest housing.

Dee also had a home with a number of guestrooms and an apartment in the basement. Unfortunately, Danny made a deal with Dee to exchange her large home for the double-wide trailer that Melody lived in on 3ABN property. Which really surprized me since Dee loved that house, but Dee's whole life is 3ABN and she wouldn't know where to go if she was not working there. So the reason there is not enough guest rooms at 3ABN is because Danny has authorized a change in usage of what was once available.

I must admit that you are correct in that it was my post you quoted and I continue to stand behind that statement and it's accuracy, in my opinion. I do believe that I am on the top of your list, but for reasons other than you have mentioned. I believe I am on the top of your list because I continue to pull back the curtain and reveal the truth in regard to the Shelton family and 3ABN.

Sister

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:41 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church