Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12290&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:25:09 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So Let It Be Written, So Let It Be Done
Seraphim7
post Jan 26 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #1

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

OK, as one outside looking in, help a sista understand what the purpose of striking any reference to Linda from things related to 3ABN, as noted in the article below?

Such action draws my mind to the movie "The Ten Commandments" where Pharoh had Moses name stricken from everything:
Sethi: Let the name of Moses be stricken from every book and tablet. Stricken from every pylon and obelisk of Egypt. Let the name of Moses be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of man, for all time.

At this site, "Struck"
At this site, "Founder"
A Read Here

Now what you see on the 3ABN site is that "I" (Danny) had a vision and I was given some help from another pastor friend etc. To that my grandmother would say: Baby a lie don't care who tell it. no.gif

It is a fact that Linda is, and always will be, the co-founder of the 3ABN ministry? Regardless of ANY attempts to deny it that fact will not change. Was she supposed to just fall of the face of the earth after her name was struck from things related to the ministry? uhm.gif What, are supporters of 3ABN, who have a genuine love and concern for Linda, supposed to do, make believe she no longer exists? blink.gif

How can this ministries leadership, as a whole, continue to "claim" to be honest and above board when those in charge seem to be attempting to negate any contributions made by Linda to that very same ministry.

God don't like ugly. nono.gif

Sorry, this sista is just not feelin that at all. nonono.gif

Thankfully mention of Linda has not been "struck", as the article above puts it, from everything on line.

3ABN: Three Angels Broadcasting Network - Independent 24-hour Christian Television Network established by Danny and Linda Shelton in 1984 with a mission to reach the world with the gospel...

More links:
http://atoday.net/197.0.html
http://bg.mixonline.com/ar/audio_bradley_soundelux_mics/

Peace, and Shabbat Shalom

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Jan 26 2007, 10:47 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 26 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #2

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

The first link does not seem to be working.

[url=http://atoday.net/197.0.html]

This AT article is not dated. But I assume it was written in 2004? Does anyone know where on the time line the publication of this article fits with other events being discussed here that happened after Danny was interviewed for the article. Also does anyone know what ever became of the AP reporter's article that is referred to?

Did Danny respond in writing or in public to this.....?

The AT writer's impressions and analysis of Danny's behavior and attitude on the issues discussed are consistent with how he has behaved since. And the author said.....

"What once was seen as Danny Shelton’s precocious, hands-on style is now interpreted by critics as heavy-handed control of 3ABN’s small, compliant board. "

Interesting.

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Jan 26 2007, 08:43 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 26 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jan 26 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]173015[/snapback]

OK, as one outside looking in, help a sista understand what the purpose of striking any reference to Linda from things related to 3ABN, as noted in the article below?

Such action draws my mind to the movie "The Ten Commandments" where Pharoh had Moses name stricken from everything:

At this site, "Struck"
At this site, http://www.religion-info.com/christtv.html...t;Founder"
A Read Here

Now what you see on the 3ABN site is that "I" (Danny) had a vision and I was given some help from another pastor friend etc. To that my grandmother would say: Baby a lie don't care who tell it. no.gif

Sorry, this sista is just not feelin that at all. nonono.gif

Thankfully mention of Linda has not been "struck", as the article above puts it, from everything on line.

3ABN: Three Angels Broadcasting Network - Independent 24-hour Christian Television Network established by Danny and Linda Shelton in 1984 with a mission to reach the world with the gospel...

Well, Seraphim, it is clear that someone from 3ABN Admin is reading this board, because already that article has been changed and Linda's name has been purged! (The URL you posted no longer works and this URL http://www.religion-info.com/christtv.html
now reads:
"[Channel] Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) , which offers 24x7 Christian programming that is broadcast on UHF stations via satellite uplink stations in North America. 3ABN Christian programming is also available in parts of Russia, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. 3ABN was founded by Danny Shelton in Southern Illinois in 1984. "

The Shelton folks have no shame!!!!!! no.gif thumbdown.gif

This post has been edited by inga: Jan 26 2007, 10:41 PM

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jan 26 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

not only do they have no shame... they don't read to the bottom of that site page either!! nonono.gif

So, before you donate money to any television ministry, it may be wise to check them out first.
Does the minister live a life of excess luxury?
From the Holy Bible (- The New Testament in the Language of Today by William F. Beck (B.A., B.D., M.S.T., Th.D.), 1963 Concordia Publishing House) ,
1. Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, "How hard it is for rich people to get into God's kingdom." - Mark 10:23
2. Jesus Christ of Nazareth warned: "No servant can be the slave of two masters....You can't serve God and money" - Luke 16:13
(emphasis mine)

This post has been edited by roxe: Jan 26 2007, 11:03 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 26 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #5

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Mercilations!

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 26 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #6

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 26 2007, 11:36 PM) [snapback]173056[/snapback]

Well, Seraphim, it is clear that someone from 3ABN Admin is reading this board, because already that article has been changed and Linda's name has been purged! (The URL you posted no longer works and this URL http://www.religion-info.com/christtv.html
now reads:
"[Channel] Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) , which offers 24x7 Christian programming that is broadcast on UHF stations via satellite uplink stations in North America. 3ABN Christian programming is also available in parts of Russia, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. 3ABN was founded by Danny Shelton in Southern Illinois in 1984. "

The Shelton folks have no shame!!!!!! no.gif thumbdown.gif

Inga:

I don't believe her name was listed on the particular article you are referring to, when I originally found it. But, at some point prior, it may have listed her as well. I apologize for any confusion.

The questions asked however should still be addressed. Seeing that this "ministry" is supposed to be for Gods glory, and to draw others to Jesus, how is God glorified by removing any evidence of Linda's contributions?

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Jan 26 2007, 11:58 PM

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 27 2007, 10:02 AM
Post #7

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jan 27 2007, 12:56 AM) [snapback]173072[/snapback]

Inga:

I don't believe her name was listed on the particular article you are referring to, when I originally found it. But, at some point prior, it may have listed her as well. I apologize for any confusion.

The questions asked however should still be addressed. Seeing that this "ministry" is supposed to be for Gods glory, and to draw others to Jesus, how is God glorified by removing any evidence of Linda's contributions?

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Jan 27 2007, 10:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Treniece
post Jan 27 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,353

A sad situation.

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 27 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jan 27 2007, 12:56 AM) [snapback]173072[/snapback]

Inga:

The URL you supplied led to a "page not found" error. So there must have been some change since you posted the URL and when I tried it. (Then I searched the site and came up with another reference to 3ABN that falsely claims that Danny Shelton, without Linda, founded the ministry.)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 27 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 27 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]173261[/snapback]

The URL you supplied led to a "page not found" error. So there must have been some change since you posted the URL and when I tried it. (Then I searched the site and came up with another reference to 3ABN that falsely claims that Danny Shelton, without Linda, founded the ministry.)

COMPLETLY false, another lie slithered out of his mouth, as though no one notices, out there as if people were just born yesterday. Does anyone realize how this makes Linda feel? Can you all imagine? Can you see why she feels about 3abn the way she does STILL (see her website). It's like one of her children. She made great pains for that ministry, and loves it dearly. What a mess he has made of this whole thing. He has tried to erase her, but God won't let it happen. Even the rocks can cry out when no one else will.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 28 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #11

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 27 2007, 06:08 PM) [snapback]173261[/snapback]

Yes, I've come across a couple of places where he has made that claim also. That is the reason I was impressed to asked why is that lie being told when, for something like 20 years, the original stance was that THEY, Linda and Danny, CO-FOUNDED 3ABN. The supporters of this "ministry" have heard this and read it over many many years, so let us pray that these supporters will see this double minded man for what he is, get their heads out of the sand, and realize that something is seriously wrong.

Or does this "bro." really think that their viewers are a bunch of... silly woman laden with sin... seeking after teachers having itching ears... and will just say doh.gif how could we have thought otherwise. Why of course I'll keep sending money to this "ministry":blink:

BTW, I did not post ALL the places where they are both still listed as co-founders, because it is obvious that "revisions" will be made, if at all possible. flirt.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Jan 28 2007, 01:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 28 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #12

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 27 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]173270[/snapback]

COMPLETLY false, another lie slithered out of his mouth, as though no one notices, out there as if people were just born yesterday. Does anyone realize how this makes Linda feel? Can you all imagine? Can you see why she feels about 3abn the way she does STILL (see her website). It's like one of her children. She made great pains for that ministry, and loves it dearly. What a mess he has made of this whole thing. He has tried to erase her, but God won't let it happen. Even the rocks can cry out when no one else will.

Just for interest's sake:

I watched "Exalting the Word" yesterday with Shelley Quinn. Linda was listed in the credits at the end of the program. She has not been erased from the series, it seems.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 29 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #13

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 28 2007, 06:08 AM) [snapback]173457[/snapback]

I watched "Exalting the Word" yesterday with Shelley Quinn. Linda was listed in the credits at the end of the program. She has not been erased from the series, it seems.

Let's see how often that happens, if ever again. scratchchin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jan 30 2007, 01:14 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 28 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]173457[/snapback]

Observer,
i noticed a year and half ago that Linda's name was in the credits every time i watched Shelley's program. perhaps it is still there as a silent signal from Shelley for some reason; or perhaps she refuses to retape the series...

dunno.gif

whatever, i'm glad it is still there... happydance.gif

This post has been edited by roxe: Jan 30 2007, 01:15 AM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 30 2007, 08:58 AM
Post #15

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

I do find it interesting that when we "discuss" something a change takes place. That says a grip to me....

What does it say?

Someone (directly) from 3ABN that has computer capabilities/access is "changing" stuff slowly but surely on websites...

...and that's sad indeed.... sadwalk.gif Like folks gonna jes die and not know that Linda Shelton did exist?

Like all the folks around the world that remember "another woman" sitting up next to him are gonna forget that the woman existed? Come on nah!
dunno.gif

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Jan 30 2007, 09:19 AM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:25 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church