Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:37 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
princessdi
post Mar 14 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #166

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

They are not obligated to "give" Danny's side, especially since they have asked him and he has refused to answer. From the email from Bob, we see that long before save3abn.com he was emailing DS, WT continually asking them for answers. If I am not mistaken, some accused him of "harrassing them, he was so persistent. Now, as far as I know, I would think that Bob would have also posted those responses, as he did with what response he received. Danny wants his "side" out there, put it out there. I know, I know......in due time..........But know in ithe meantime nobody knows his side so ther is only one "side" to see.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 14 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]185317[/snapback]

Well nice job, PB, that's exactly what they intend. You are only reading what they reveal, to give the slant they are presenting. Do you think they are into presenting Danny fairly? Or did you think they weren't representing Linda?

Look at the letters impartially and take note of how much has been edited out.

Then ask yourself, if they are so into making all known, why are they doing that?

What did Linda say that Danny was replying to? What did Danny say that they don't want you to know?

Or you can just stick to your opinions and keep confirming them. And never consider who's really been trashing who, and who they got those letters from.

Your choice.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Mar 14 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #167

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,650

Just for the record, what do the people on Linda's side want to happen at this point? I cannot imagine that these personal emails were ever intended to be put out in public. I believe they are private, meant to be between a husband and wife, even after the divorce.

Maybe if these thins were not being put out for the world to see 3ABN could move on and so could Linda. Both sides have done enough trashing. Maybe they could call a truce?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 14 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #168

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 14 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]185317[/snapback]

Well nice job, PB, that's exactly what they intend. You are only reading what they reveal, to give the slant they are presenting. Do you think they are into presenting Danny fairly? Or did you think they weren't representing Linda?

Look at the letters impartially and take note of how much has been edited out.

FYI, I looked at them impartially the very first time I went through them. I only find things edited out in Danny's emails. Two of them I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt that whoever was editing did so for a valid reason. The last edit, (Insult about Linda's mother deleted) I don't have any problem with at all.

Then ask yourself, if they are so into making all known, why are they doing that?

What did Linda say that Danny was replying to? What did Danny say that they don't want you to know?

Or you can just stick to your opinions and keep confirming them. And never consider who's really been trashing who, and who they got those letters from.

Your choice.

I would like to know why those other 411 words were edited out. Do you have access to an unedited copy of Dan's email of Friday, September 24, 2004 11:33 PM ? I don't see anything deleted from Linda's emails. Are you certain those 411 words are something "they" don't want me to know. If you have a copy, I would love to have you post it here or PM it to me so that I could find out if the message of Dan's email would be seen in a more positive light if the 411 words had been left in.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 14 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #169

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Mar 14 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]185319[/snapback]

Just for the record, what do the people on Linda's side want to happen at this point? I cannot imagine that these personal emails were ever intended to be put out in public. I believe they are private, meant to be between a husband and wife, even after the divorce.

Maybe if these thins were not being put out for the world to see 3ABN could move on and so could Linda. Both sides have done enough trashing. Maybe they could call a truce?

First of all, it would be better to call the other side the aggrieved, or some such thing, since some of the aggrieved cannot be called "Linda's side." So I think a good starter would be for Danny's side to admit that it isn't all about Linda.

Secondly, what terms do you propose for a truce? I think at this point we need a surrender that includes Danny et. al. being willing to consider making restitution to all the aggrieved. That includes loss of wages due to wrongful termination, and things like that. One non-Lindaite told me he/she wasn't looking for much at all, but that was one of the things they wanted.

Thirdly, for the good of 3ABN it needs a thorough house cleaning. Now that could mean simply repentance, confession, and restitution on the part of some, and it could mean reassignment on the part of others.

Fourthly, I think we're going to need a full disclosure of Danny's assets, whether they be here in the States or offshore. It needs to be made clear to everyone that he isn't trying to gip his ex out of her due, that he hasn't been gipping 3ABN, and that there isn't anything laying around that needs to be returned to 3ABN. And that includes the book royalties that could jeopardize 3ABN's tax-exempt status.

Get the powers that be to agree to these four things, and I'll chat with Gailon and try to talk him into it.

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Mar 14 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #170

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

I seriously doubt that these terms would ever be agreed to by Danny or anyone at 3ABN. So does this mean this thing just keeps going?

Is Linda doing any ministering? It seems to me in clearing her name she may do more damage by posting these type of emails that we see on save3ABN. If they were her personal emails she had to give them to someone, because I am sure Danny didn't share them. It seems like she is stooping to Danny's level by making this public. Unless she comes clean on everything she has and the people that know just come clean with what they know.

How much longer before we know "everything"? Or do we have to wait for it to go to court?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 14 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #171

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Mar 14 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]185319[/snapback]

Uncle Sam,

It is unfortunate that it has had to come to the point of posting emails as documentation. If those who had taken a wrong course had set pride aside and made things right before now, it would not have come to it.

Too often, things are swept under the proverbial rug and that allows unrepented sins to claim more victims. I think "Anonymous 1" over on save3abn.com (an SDA man who has "served our church in a number of ways") said it very well when he said:

"For the sake of mending broken people, especially the children, I sincerely hope and pray that every Christian will seek his or her responsibility before God regarding this situation!"

http://www.save3abn.com/letters-of-support-anonymous-1-1.htm

His statement referred not only to the situation at 3abn but the propensity of our church and other religious organizations to sweep this kind of behavior under the rug.

What I personally think we are doing here on the 3abn forum is bringing wrong out into the light of day as we are charged to do by scripture and SOP, so that it can be dealt with properly instead of hidden

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 14 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #172

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Uncle Sam, you got to be kidding. Neither Danny nor the powers that be are willing to do the right and Christian and honorable thing? The place can't be that far gone, can it?

Is Linda the one providing all the emails? Is she the one posting them? If not, do your statements about her indicate that you have an extreme case of denial? "She may do more damage by posting these ...." "She is stooping to Danny's level ...." How can you say such things? Have you never met the lady, never talked to her once?

Let's start with point 1: Repeat after me, Uncle Sam: "This is not all about Linda. There are those who are not part of her 'side' who honestly feel aggrieved."

After you bring yourself to say that, we'll move on to discuss #2.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 14 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #173

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Mar 14 2007, 02:12 PM) [snapback]185344[/snapback]

I seriously doubt that these terms would ever be agreed to by Danny or anyone at 3ABN. So does this mean this thing just keeps going?

Is Linda doing any ministering? It seems to me in clearing her name she may do more damage by posting these type of emails that we see on save3ABN. If they were her personal emails she had to give them to someone, because I am sure Danny didn't share them. It seems like she is stooping to Danny's level by making this public. Unless she comes clean on everything she has and the people that know just come clean with what they know.

How much longer before we know "everything"? Or do we have to wait for it to go to court?

Working from the conclusion that many have come to by various forms of documentation and personal testimony, if Danny isn't willing to recant the things he has said about Linda that destroyed her reputation starting back in 2004 and continuing on over all these years , somebody has to help her rebuild it. If it takes showing the world the truth through these personal items, is that wrong? After all, these very things would be used in a court of law.

And this is only, as Bob points out, a small part of the whole problem.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 14 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #174

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 14 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]185318[/snapback]

They are not obligated to "give" Danny's side, especially since they have asked him and he has refused to answer. From the email from Bob, we see that long before save3abn.com he was emailing DS, WT continually asking them for answers. If I am not mistaken, some accused him of "harrassing them, he was so persistent. Now, as far as I know, I would think that Bob would have also posted those responses, as he did with what response he received. Danny wants his "side" out there, put it out there. I know, I know......in due time..........But know in ithe meantime nobody knows his side so ther is only one "side" to see.

Great point Di. As long as the other side isn't nor has it been "out there" how can anyone come to the staunch conclusions that they have come to. One can never come to an intelligent conclusion when only one side has been presented.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 14 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #175

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Mar 14 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]185344[/snapback]

Sam, you seem to be one of the few that are able to see things from both sides. All we have heard is how Linda just wants to minister and has kept her mouth shut through all of this. As you pointed out where are all these emails been coming from. The ones between The doc and DS, the doc or LS submitted. All of those between DS and Ls, of course, LS submitted. If LS was as trashed by 3abn as several claim, the "evidence" of a 3rd party relationship would have been made public when it all first happened. My opinion. they made a big mistake by not making it public in the beginning. If they had, all of us would not be here at the present time. Sure DS is human. He might have made a few subtle references in the beginning. Out of hurt, anger, humiliation, who wouldn't. But Trashing her? No way do a few remarks (if they were even made) fit into the category of trashing. As I said, If they wanted to truly "trash" her, they could have a long time ago.
On the other side LS has made some brudal accusations toward Ds and several others. Just because she accomplished her "trashing" through others, doesn't make it any less incriminating. She used those tactics then and she continues to use them now. She does have talent. She makes other people her gophers and makes them feel happy to do it. That is how we have heard the same old song and dance that she has taken the high road, she has kept silent, she is forgiving of those that have wronged her. When, in fact, she has done just the opposite. Maybe those of you who never actually knew her, should be forgiven for your Lindanite attitudes. After all, the "real" person" was almost beyond comprehension.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 14 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #176

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

you know Bystander while you are just standing there doing all that spinning you are apt to get dizzy...... can you give us a warning if you feel like you are going to throw up? thanks...

Maybe those of you who never actually knew her, should be forgiven for your Lindanite attitudes. After all, the "real" person" was almost beyond comprehension.

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif and this statement was made by a dannyclone...... dude you crack me up.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Mar 14 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #177

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

Bystander, you are not a very nice person. sad.gif I would hate to have you on my bad side. Now let me go back to my quiet corner and continue to read. soapzip.gif

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 14 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #178

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Mar 14 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]185319[/snapback]

Your question is valid, and multi-faceted. But, I will respond:

1) The first part of your question deals solely with Linda, and that may be the easy one:

Linda deeply wishes that this mess would soon get over, and she could move on with her life, and ministry.

Linda believes that others continue to prevent her from doing that.

Linda has decided that a priority for her is to clear her name. She feels that everything about her has been so deeply trashed that she now has nothing to lose. In other words, let everything come out into the open and into the public eye. She may be shown to be imperfect, but Linda believes than she is at a point where she can not be trashed any lower, and therefore she has nothing to lose. She is willing to have fulll public disclosure, and is willing to accept the consequences of individuals making up their own mind in regard to her overall guilt.

2) The second aspect of your question is the hard one. It is clearly multi-faceted. It involves a number of individuals, as well as 3-ABN itself. There is no one clear answer that can be given to this issue. What may be appropriate of one individual may not be appropriate for another.

Speaking for myself, and in giving a personal opinion, I will say that certain of the issues involving 3-ABN, and specific individuals can only be resolved by the civil authorities. While it is possible that this may include criminal trials, I do not intend to imply that criminal trials will take place, or that all issues can be resolved in that manner. I include in this mix the possibility that civil litigation may resolve some issues, and in truth may be the only way to resolve some, or all, issues.

Let me be clear: I am not stating that criminal conduct has occured that can be prosecuted. I do not know. I am stating that civil litigation may be what is needed to resolve certain issues.

But, to respond in another way to your question: I believe that those of us who support Linda, are united in a belief that there are some management changes that need to be made in the corporate structure of 3-ABN. I am not willing to say at this time the extent of what I believe to be the needed management changes. As you would probably suspect, most people probably would want the President, and the Board Chairperson to be changed. I am not willing to take a position at this time on the extent of the needed management changes.

I believe that there are people who have worked at 3-ABN who should be retained. I believe that there are people who have worked at 3-ABN who have supported the position of the President, and the Board Chair who should be retained. I will not make my decision on the basis of their support of, or lack of support of Danny and the position that he has taken. In other words, I would not advocate a wholesale firing of all of the employees. I think that would be counter-productive.

If the time comes, and it may not, that I think the civil (or whatever) processes have clearly identified the people who should be removed, I will publicy call for their removal, based upon clear and authorative information. But, that time has not come. I will therefore not do so. And, I simply have not made up my mind at this point in time.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 14 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #179

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

And he's not even doing any favors for Danny giggle.gif

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Mar 14 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]185363[/snapback]

Bystander, you are not a very nice person. sad.gif I would hate to have you on my bad side. Now let me go back to my quiet corner and continue to read. soapzip.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 14 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #180

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 14 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]185346[/snapback]

His statement referred not only to the situation at 3abn but the propensity of our church and other religious organizations to sweep this kind of behavior under the rug.
What I personally think we are doing here on the 3abn forum is bringing wrong out into the light of day as we are charged to do by scripture and SOP, so that it can be dealt with properly instead of hidden

Dem folks don't want to see this....the exact same folks won't say the same thing if they find out their children were molested by Tommy. Same folks won't say the same thing if they find out that Danny covered up the molestation of their children.

We are quick to sacrifice others...but have yet to put our child up on the alter.
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church