Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12426&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:57 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Suggetsted End To The Conflict
inga
post Feb 7 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Feb 7 2007, 02:14 AM) [snapback]176025[/snapback]

Inga, I thought Solomon was Bethsheba son, anyway I cant look it up at this time.

Yes, you are correct that Solomon was the son of Bathsheba. It does demonstrate the astonishing mercy of God and how he can bring good out of evil. (Solomon was born to David and Bathsheba after they were married; thus he was not "illegitimate.")

However, the "illegitimate" son resulting from David's adultery was specifically taken by God as a judgment on David -- in spite of his long days of fasting and lying prostrate before the Lord.

I just wanted you to know tho I was in no way trying to imply no consequences for actions what I was saying was the just compensation was not given because God tempered it with love. The penalty for David was and should have been death but God so loved.
Sorry if I misquoted or seem to have implied something like no consequences, obviously 3ABN and the rest have already suffered some consequences for their actions. I was saying how loving God is that he tempers what should be the result of our sin due to his great love for us. Also often he only allowes the punishment not because he did not forgive but to be as a lesson to others not to repeat the same sin. David's resulting punishment was I believe for one thing as a deterrent for use today. Men (smiley face) already use David as an excuse just think how out of control we would be if David suffered no consequences.
I do appreciate your posts very much. smile.gif

God is, indeed, incredibly loving while still being just. In fact, that's why Christ had to die -- that God could be just as well as merciful. Such self-sacrifice is something the minions of hell can never comprehend. dunno.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aunt B
post Feb 7 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 2,378

It is so true that forgiveness does not erase consequences. The first example we have of that on earth, is Eden.

God forgave Adam and Eve, yet they still had to leave the garden. They were never allowed to enter it again before they died. God restored them with the plan of salvation, but here on earth they had to live with many consequences of their sin. Leaving the garden was only the first

What God does is stay with us as we experience the consequences of our sin after we have repented. He is able (Romans 8:28) to work the consequences out for our good, and accomplish his plan as if we had not sinned.

It is also true that restitution is part of true repentance. It is one way to know that the repentance was genuine.

Aunt B

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 8 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 7 2007, 08:34 AM) [snapback]176073[/snapback]

Mystery man, thanks for your comments.

Speaking for myself, I do believe in my heart I have forgiven Tommy, but because of the very nature of what he did, he must be prevented from doing it again. It has happened over and over and over. Forgiveness does not include overlooking sin, especially when there is the potential of others being harmed.

Well put, Duane!

My own message to Danny and Tommy:

There can be freedom from the dark burden, stress and shame of past sins when one accepts responsibility and allows accountability. This is where healing can begin.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Feb 8 2007, 04:23 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 16 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #19

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

The following bears repeating:

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 7 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]176073[/snapback]

[size=1]Mystery man, thanks for your comments.

Speaking for myself, I do believe in my heart I have forgiven Tommy, but because of the very nature of what he did, he must be prevented from doing it again. It has happened over and over and over. Forgiveness does not include overlooking sin, especially when there is the potential of others being harmed.[/size]

bump.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Mar 16 2007, 04:06 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church