Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12495&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:24:34 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> What Really Happened At The Campmeeting In 2004?, Questions for Johann and any others who were there.
Aletheia
post Feb 11 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

I have asked about this many different times and never got a straight answer from Johann, so I'm starting a new topic to discuss all this.

I would also like to know the date Johann and the Doctor flew in for the campmeeting, and when did they each fly back out and leave?

Was it separately or the same time?

It is my understanding from eyewitness reports that they came with papers which they were handing out at the campmeeting denouncing Danny and 3ABN, and were going to publish, or hoping to publish this in the local paper? And came NOT to meet privately, but to have a public confrontation which they had been warned not to do.

Johan maybe you could clarify?

In addition as that was the same night you refused to leave when asked, and you assualted Walt Thompson in front of all those witnesses. Why did you e-mail me: "You quoted some old material, where you discovered that my old college mate, Walt, accused me of touching his shirt. I really don't think it was Walt himself who objected so much to this, as Danny's lawyer who jumped on me
immediately and pushed me aside, demanding there be no "physical". Now I have already gone too far, Aletheia, for you might now accuse me of telling the story in different words"

I'm accusing you of no such thing. It's just the witnesses all have other words...

Also , it seems you gave your side of the story to members of the board on Sabbath? I understand from a post around here from you that at the end WT asked you if you still wanted to come to the meeting?

What did you answer?

You also wrote around here that you sent a letter to the board, I'm wondering was this a letter from Linda, or in addition to her letter?

I've asked for your comments before about Walt Thompson's statements as yours and the Doctors leave out so much, and yet it was all very public and so many people saw all this and verify it. it really can't be disputed.

I know the police were called, but it seems there was reason for them to be called. Public nuisanceor disturbance and assualt are reasons...

Here are the statements again:

Date a few weeks after the May 2004 Campmeeting
THE STORY OF LINDA SHELTON
By Johann Thorvaldsson

Former 3ABN liaison for Europe

It is a fact that Linda Shelton has been fired - and Danny Shelton has told his version of events to the World audience. He warned us not to listen to rumors, so what are the facts of this heart- breaking experience? Unfortunately Linda Shelton has been judged and dismissed from the establishment she loved and helped build up - on the basis of rumors. Facts that have been twisted, embroidered and presented as real. This is quite a complicated matter. A few weeks ago I was in Southern Illinois, wanting to attend the camp meeting at 3ABN, together with a Norwegian medical doctor - the one Linda has been accused of committing spiritual adultery with. We went there in an attempt to clear up misunderstandings, all caused because my wife and I introduced this doctor to Danny and Linda Shelton. This doctor is also the head elder of the most flourishing conservative SDA church in Norway - and has for several years been a financial supporter of 3ABN. Some of the problems were caused because the 3ABN archives had misspelled the name of this supporter, so Danny was convinced he was an impostor. Later Danny has named him a devil, a demon, or evil spirit, or bad counselor - like he did during the transmission to the whole world on Thursday evening at Camp Meeting. Also during that meeting we were requested to leave the premises of 3ABN, and if we ever showed up again at the meetings the police would be requested to remove us as trespassing private property - and this at meetings where all are invited.

To: [Removed by GM.]
Subject: Re: 3abn
Date: [Removed by GM.]
Dear [Removed by GM.], GM = Gregory Matthews who says he posts here as "Observer"
At camp meeting time (the end of May), we also had a board meeting. On Friday night of camp meeting, the doctor and Johann (our European representative before this all developed) came and sat in the back row. Danny was very uncomfortable with them there, fearful they would make a scene on international television. He asked us to ask them to leave. They refused. They walked out just as the meeting was ending. I and some other people went out after them. When we got outside, Johann grabbed me by the shirt and started to shake me in anger. When other bigger people came to my support, he calmed down, and we all talked together for a half hour or so - I am not sure of the total time. In the meantime, Mark Finley spoke with the doctor. I joined them for a few minutes. While I was with Mark and the doctor, something was said that upset Johann, and he and the doctor left, angry and fast, spinning dirt as they left. Because they had begun to hand out papers of a proposed article they were planning to submit to the local newspaper discrediting 3ABN, we warned them not to come back.

The next day, Sabbath, we got hold of Johann by phone and he agreed to meet with us at a park and talk things out. The doctor was also invited, but he said he had said all he had to say the night before, and refused to come. We spent an hour or two with Johann, going over all of the events until then. Finally, I took him to the hotel where they were staying. We sat in the car and talked for some time. At that time he confessed to me that maybe he was wrong in supporting Linda. We had prayer and parted. The three of them left and returned to Springfield shortly after that.

Linda did not come to the board meeting on Sunday morning. She sent a letter instead. The board considered her letter carefully in light of all that had gone on, and unanimously agreed that she could no longer serve the ministry under these conditions, nor continue to serve on the board. (We have since been accused of refusing to let the doctor and Johann represent her at the board. No such request was ever made, either by voice or by pen.)

June 20, 200 First Letter from Dr Arild Abrahamsen

Rumors of Linda's so-called "affair" were flying throughout the churches and the General Conference in May of 2004, rumors which were begun by her husband. It was communicated to me that Linda was going to be fired at the Board meeting, which would occur in May, following the 3ABN camp meeting. Johann and I decided to go to the camp meeting and talk to the Board members and tell them the truth about the situation. When we walked into the 3ABN building we were surrounded by about 10 people. One person stood directly behind me for the entire service. Walt Thompson and Nick Miller (3ABN's attorney) asked us to leave. We stayed until nearly the end of the service. (At this camp meeting an announcement was made regarding Linda. There were tearful appeals by Danny, which raised a record-breaking amount of money for 3ABN. Danny also claims that an additional two million dollars was raised the year of their divorce.) When Johann and I went to the door, once again we were followed by a small crowd of people. I spoke to Mark Finley about the situation at length in the parking lot. John Lomacang tried to stop the conversation. He said 'It is not good for you to talk to him alone.' What was he afraid of? He was standing with me when Danny drove up and said that if I returned to camp meeting I would be arrested and thrown in jail. He had already talked to the Sheriff. I decided to not return, as it was Mark Finley's suggestion to avoid the possibility of disrupting the camp meeting for all of the people attending. Linda was staying in her daughter's apartment in Springfield, so we drove there on Saturday to stay in a hotel for the weekend. During this weekend we were followed by three private investigators all the time. What kind of actions was that, for a man that REALLY wanted to save his marriage?

Thanks for answering

Aletheia

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 11 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #2

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 12 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]177554[/snapback]

I have asked about this many different times and never got a straight answer from Johann, so I'm starting a new topic to discuss all this.

IThanks for answering

Aletheia

When you start giving some honest answers to questions asked of you, then maybe folk will be inclined to answer you. blink.gif

Not to mention, the items in question are likely Already here on BSDA somewhere. With that in mind, here is a lil advice, stop being lazy and read till you find it... afro.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 11 2007, 11:23 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Feb 11 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,846

Sounds like a personal issue and not for public discussion. offtopic.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 11 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Yes, Cindy. We are not going to rehash all of that for you because you don't feel like using the "search" feature. As I haave said before, you really should stop posting until you read more of the existing posts and documentation. I am sure you can PM some members familiar witht he docs and posts to lead you in the right direction. And then there are your new friends, I am sure they will be able to fill you in.

*****This thread is closed******

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church