Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12505&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:33:25 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AToday NewBreak Article on 3ABN
LaurenceD
post Feb 27 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

I think I'd rather not know who this character Bystander admittedly is. I would hate to think he is who he appears to be. This character likes to leave people to guess. By contrast, Christ didn't. And, that speaks as much for itself as does, "by their fruits shall ye know them."

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 27 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 27 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]181039[/snapback]

Until you apply your statement about Christ to the others on this board who say they have first hand evidence, you only show your partiality to that side. Have you applied your statement to sister who has given a large percentage of the information that has been posted. Certainly down through the months, everyone else has carried on with it but we are talking origination. Sonshineonme and watchbird also speak (by their own admission) for Linda. Have you applied your statement to them also?
Sorry, criticism just for my identity doesn't fly here, when there are so many others. Just happens, I am on the wrong side, so receive all the flak. That's ok I can take it.

No, you can't take it. That is why you keep at what you are keeping at. No one buys it. You know this, but you keep at it anyway...
And I beg your pardon....to say that by my own admission I speak for Linda? What are you trying to say again? I have a brain. I don't "speak" for anyone. I speak. I tell my opinons and I tell what I know. The fact that Linda has friends that won't keep quiet is what eats at you, period. Stop trying to make that a bad thing. My origination didn't come from Sister. Many of us has personal expiriences that neither you or DS (and you being whoever you are at this moment) can take away from us. We arne't talking heads - mouth pieces for Linda. We speak what we know, get over it. If you don't like it, too bad. You only understand being a robot/slave/pawn for someone else, and so you assume that's all anyone can do with their mouth or brain. Maybe one day you will find liberty to be yourself and think for yourself. You clearly have a lot to learn in this area.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Feb 27 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]179558[/snapback]

The giving to the community was explained on the live. Maybe I can make it clearer. Because their is many astute business people on the 3abn board, they believe it is very important to have community support. For this reason certain ones that can afford to have given donations specifically earmarked for community projects. These donations are in addition to, what they give to support 3abn. Ida, if you are seeking truth with an open mind, you will find that most talk about finances are always twisted to insinuate that the hard earned money that someone gives is going to pay for all sorts of things it shouldn't. Not true. The accountability factor is higher than usual for a non profit organization. There are 7 financial workers, accountants, a chief financial officer with a very impressive resume, there are outside auditors and the 3abn board goes over the financial statements at every meeting.
This board takes anything and everything said and puts the "I heard", I think, It appears, and It seems spin on it with no facts to back it up. Also, if you will notice, sonshineonme, watchbird, johann, beartrap, sister, pickle, joy and observer and probably several I don't know about, get their information directly from Linda or others who use her as the source, while at the same time, they say she is humbly going about her own life and not trashing anyone. A child could see the discrepancies here.

You claim to be very very close to the 3ABN compound and innerworkings, I was wondering if you and Linda had some sort of falling out while she was there. Care to comment? I must have missed the kind remarks you made about Linda in this forum.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 27 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 27 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]181039[/snapback]

- - -

Another point I wanted to make to you is a suit for slander is a suit for slander. You are not allowed to bring in all kinds of other things. If a person is charged with murder, evidence of a possible robbery that he may have done that has absolutely no bearing on the murder trial, cannot be brought up. that would be a separate case altogether.
Another important thing to think about is, that whoever is charged with slander and served papers, will not only have to pay their own transportation fees to whatever state or city, they will have to pay an attorney to defend them unless they want to be their own defense. Many attorneys, now days, charge 500.00 an hour. In my opinion, there is no way I would want to involve myself and others in something so serious just to be able to "air" my opinions in a chat room. It is one thing to say He might have, or she may have it is quite another to refer to specific individuals as Pedophiles, embezzlers, child molesters, adulterers, liars ...that is where it gets serious, especially, if you are wrong and making these judgments and statements on the heresay of others and can be proven that what you are involved in has caused harm to the organization and public figures involved.
- - - -

So we should live in fear and trembling??? Does that remind of one or more texts from the Bible?

How many millions through the centuries have had to suffer from the hands of those who forced their "truth" on others? Claimed to be Christian?

Time is short. Satan knows that he might be able to get us away from what is right by having people sho claim to be preaching the Advent message threaten us like this. How else can he reach us who belong to Christ? He knows that infidels would not have any influence on us or intimidate us. He is very clever!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 27 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #80

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Point of information: All members of BSDA can be as anonymous or open with their identity as they want to be. I know, we can’t help to speculate and wonder who some of us are. But I don’t consider any of you any more worthy or privileged as members because of your identity…and you should not either.

So please don’t badger anyone to reveal themselves. They have there reasons to remain anonymous, respect them for that.

To the point: When they tell you no, I ain’t telling, LEAVE IT ALONG.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Feb 27 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 27 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]181031[/snapback]

There is a difference, Bystander. It's called a power imbalance.

Let me break it down for you.

Danny has got a satellite channel and all the people on it shilling for him, and the thousands or millions who believe what he says--not to mention all the people, like yourself, shilling for him here. Have you been hired by 3ABN, Bystander, to come on here and muddy the waters?

Who is sister? Sister does not have her own satellite channel or talking heads to repeat what she says. If what we're to read on these boards is plausible, sister may be afraid of retribution from Danny and 3ABN. I don't know for myself that that's the case, but any casual student of human nature or history can tell you that people who are not in power have plenty to fear from the people who are. (300 years of slavery in the New World, for example ...)

Who do you have to be afraid of? Surely sister doesn't have secrets on you she wants to expose to the world!

Anyway, I didn't automatically believe her. I thought it might be plausible, because "power corrupts" (history and human nature again) and I already knew that my church, the Adventist Church, has a horrible history of corruption, particularly when it comes to sexual sin. But I came back here after months of absence because of save3abn.com--and suddenly sister's accounts became 100x more credible.

Techniques used in this post by Bystander:
1. Deflect the issue in question by comparing himself with another poster who has greater reason to remain anonymous.

Back to the issue, Bystander--we're to believe you because you're close to the situation. How do we know? Why can't you tell us who you are? Can you at least explain why you choose to remain anonymous?
Erik is right. In spades.

Bystander's identity is not really the issue for me.

Bystander's posts = confusion and lies and coverups (says he has truth but wll hold till court time. Mabe the court will never mention Bystander's wonderful secrets... tooo bad about that, Bystander won't have his day in court.)

Sister's posts = telling a story thus victims and personal testimonies come forward putting clothes on the stories and more to come.

Bystander please don't tell us those victims and personal testimonies are parotting what Linda wants to tell the world.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 27 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #82

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 27 2007, 05:41 PM) [snapback]181063[/snapback]

Point of information: All members of BSDA can be as anonymous or open with their identity as they want to be. I know, we can’t help to speculate and wonder who some of us are. But I don’t consider any of you any more worthy or privileged as members because of your identity…and you should not either.

So please don’t badger anyone to reveal themselves. They have there reasons to remain anonymous, respect them for that.

To the point: When they tell you no, I ain’t telling, LEAVE IT ALONG.

The flip side of this is they cant complain when their perspective is disregarded because it's credibility is dependent on their being who and what they claim to be; without identifying themselves their argument is specious.... granted even if they were to indentify themselves, their argument could remain specious... but when an argument like Bystanders "joe Blow" defense is made, in making the argument he puts his identity into play, unsolicited, of his own volition.

Perhaps he does so because he knows you wont force him to 'fess up... perhaps not... but the argument is utterly devoid of credibility without divulging identity. he retains the right to not respond to the question... and those with whom he debates retain the right to view him as not credible when he exercises that right...

That, IMO, is the sole intent of the question being posed... and had he not hung his position so heavily on his identity, it probably would not have been asked at all...

BTJM.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 27 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #83

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Bystander, wwjd, Aletheia, Lee, make comments that instead of clarifying actually confound, or muddy the waters... their intent clearly is to confuse and misdirect.... is not Babylon symbolic of a place of confusion?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 27 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #84

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 27 2007, 04:52 PM) [snapback]181067[/snapback]

The flip side of this is they cant complain when their perspective is disregarded because it's credibility is dependent on their being who and what they claim to be; without identifying themselves their argument is specious.... granted even if they were to indentify themselves, their argument could remain specious... but when an argument like Bystanders "joe Blow" defense is made, in making the argument he puts his identity into play, unsolicited, of his own volition.

Perhaps he does so because he knows you wont force him to 'fess up... perhaps not... but the argument is utterly devoid of credibility without divulging identity. he retains the right to not respond to the question... and those with whom he debates retain the right to view him as not credible when he exercises that right...

That, IMO, is the sole intent of the question being posed... and had he not hung his position so heavily on his identity, it probably would not have been asked at all...

BTJM.

In His service,
Mr. J

I agree, and this question of creditbility holds for the other side too. We got a whole book here on the history of 3ABN, that most of us don't know who wrote it.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 27 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 27 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]181075[/snapback]

The ONLY reason for 3abn and Danny taking anyone to court is so that their lawyers can speak for them on their terms in a tightly controlled venue. If they really wanted the truth to be known they could just state it on here or on their web site. If Danny really wanted the truth to get out there would not be any need for the courts. They are just so sad and pitiful. It's all about the money IMO.

Richard

At this point, would you really know if or what is truth if it came from DS? I'm not sure he knows how to tell the straight truth. He mixes a little truth with a lot of error. I think the court room is the only place for the real truth to come out now. AND, many who have come together here to tell their stories. What DS doesn't realize (or maybe he does) is there are MANY who are here...not all have spoken yet. What has worked and still works here is how many tellings of expiriences from those that have shared so far here fit together so well without anyone forcing it. It just comes together, because truth is what it is - truth. You can't just change truth as some have tried. It is what it is.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 27 2007, 05:44 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 26 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]180734[/snapback]

Bystander cruel? You must have the wrong person Pastor Johann. I know him personally and he is not cruel. I'm afraid you and your wife have been duped by Linda as well as others by her willingness to alledgedly play the part of the victim--you know, the "poor me" syndrome and "pity party" method. But then many on this board have been rude and condescending towards Bystander, making fun of him, using his forum name as a means of ridicule--it would seem your wife might feel sorry for Bystander because of this.

Bystander lies with distain? Nope--wrong again! Could you list his lies here for me? I happen to know that if any of his information posted was incorrect, Bystander would be the first to correct it.

So there you have it folks--the truth of the matter. Just remember when you read accusations against a brother--remember who the "accuser of the brethren" is.

Interesting that you quoted Hal Steenson's sermon "Accuser of the Brethren."

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Feb 27 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #87

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 27 2007, 05:44 PM) [snapback]181083[/snapback]

Interesting that you quoted Hal Steenson's sermon "Accuser of the Brethren."

Well, Danny can make veiled accusations against his ex all day long on international television for two years, but when the accusations start to fly at him from multiple directions, the shoe is on the other foot. blink.gif

What's really unfortunate is that typically, ministries who reach this level of conflict lose their effectiveness regardless of who is right. The Spirit doesn't often move in the same room as contention. thumbdown.gif

This is why a free and open inquiry is so critical to the channel and to the Adventist Church. The board, the good doctor, Danny and all must step down and open the doors, the books, everything. To a panel of unbiased, thinking Adventist leaders (I don't mean church employees either, I mean leaders). 12 is a good number, was it Erik that suggested 12?

I know it means giving up control, but all control was ultimately an illusion anyway ... God is in control.

Souls are at stake, and souls are not served, God is not served, by dissembling, denial, covering up, and a general lack of transparency.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 27 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #88

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Well put sir. And it all could happen, if only Danny humbles himself before the Creator and repents.

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 27 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]181091[/snapback]

Well, Danny can make veiled accusations against his ex all day long on international television for two years, but when the accusations start to fly at him from multiple directions, the shoe is on the other foot. blink.gif

What's really unfortunate is that typically, ministries who reach this level of conflict lose their effectiveness regardless of who is right. The Spirit doesn't often move in the same room as contention. thumbdown.gif

This is why a free and open inquiry is so critical to the channel and to the Adventist Church. The board, the good doctor, Danny and all must step down and open the doors, the books, everything. To a panel of unbiased, thinking Adventist leaders (I don't mean church employees either, I mean leaders). 12 is a good number, was it Erik that suggested 12?

I know it means giving up control, but all control was ultimately an illusion anyway ... God is in control.

Souls are at stake, and souls are not served, God is not served, by dissembling, denial, covering up, and a general lack of transparency.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Feb 27 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 27 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]181081[/snapback]

At this point, would you really know if or what is truth if it came from DS? I'm not sure he knows how to tell the straight truth. He mixes a little truth with a lot of error. I think the court room is the only place for the real truth to come out now.

all those who believe that the Dannyites in court will tell the truth and nothing but the truth raise your hands...

all those who believe that the evidence given by the Dannyites in court will be the truth and nothing but the truth raise your hands...

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 27 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 27 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]181094[/snapback]

Well put sir. And it all could happen, if only Danny humbles himself before the Creator and repents.

Why would he need to repent to allow unbiased parties to look at 3abn? I would think a comment like that should be saved until conclusions are reached by whatever panel would be appointed.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:33 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church