Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12508&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:39:50 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn.org Announcement, February 17, 2007 worship service
sister
post Feb 19 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 19 2007, 01:37 AM) [snapback]179236[/snapback]

Watchbird, so happy this particular post came from you. Even though others added to it, you specifically make the suggestion about talking to the pastor. See, in proving liability to someone's slanderous remarks, one must prove, (among other things) that the "slanderer" is trying to hurt the individual or organization financially. You, as well as others, prove this is your intent by calling, emailing, etc to try and "discourage" a pastor or church from hosting a 3abn event. Shame on you. Even though you hate Danny S. guts, even you, know of the thousands of lives that have been changed through the ministry. Your little campaign to get them cancelled shows that your "hate" seems to overcomes your "love" where souls are concerned.
When you and others go so far as trying to get churches to cancel 3abn, it speaks volumes as for your motive and intent on this site. (not to mention your liability) You especially have proven by your words that you are not interested in the business of healing, restoration or ministering to others, as long as the ministering is coming from 3abn airwaves. Because God knows better than we, the motives of your heart when you want to make these "special" little phone calls, he will not let you succeed to the detriment of a great ministry.
For those of you (if any) that sent your little emails or made your little phone calls, it had absolutely no effect on the pastor or his people. I understand that those who had heard of your "little campaigns" felt you were being used as tools of Satan to undermine, divide and destroy what God has done and continues to do through the 3abn ministry.
You can fight, defame, gossip and slander the administration all you want, but God and God alone will win this battle to keep the 3angels message traveling around the globe. How thankful you, as Adventists should be to know, that people in all parts of our globe can receive that message. Instead, you waste your own time and God's judging people and instances that you had no part in, and know not of. I now understand mrs. White's statement when she says there will be more persecution from within the church, than without.

Well, Birdy, it seems that you have now joined the privileged class of those who are being threatened with lawsuits. And on what authority does Bystander make his threats? Does he now speak officially for the great prophet of 3ABN? Actually, he sounds like the prophet himself: same pride, same self-righteousness, same posturing. Vanity, Vanity, all is Vanity. There is nothing new under the sun...

Sister
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Feb 19 2007, 01:24 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

Watchbird, ...

Bystander, How was the service at Milpitas?

+Quote Post
nick
post Feb 19 2007, 02:09 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 820

mmmmmm..... interesting!!

--------------------
"If we know Christ, we cannot be proud; if we know ourselves, we must be humble" Author Unknown

SOMETIMES YOU MUST LOSE TO WIN....CHRIST LOST OMNIPRESENCE TO WIN HUMANITY

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 19 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #19

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

Watchbird, so happy this particular post came from you. Even though others added to it, you specifically make the suggestion about talking to the pastor. See, in proving liability to someone's slanderous remarks, one must prove, (among other things) that the "slanderer" is trying to hurt the individual or organization financially. You, as well as others, prove this is your intent by calling, emailing, etc to try and "discourage" a pastor or church from hosting a 3abn event. Shame on you. Even though you hate Danny S. guts, even you, know of the thousands of lives that have been changed through the ministry.

You have the audacity to slander another member of BSDA by accusing them of the very behavior you yourself are displaying with your own remarks. Accusing Watchbird, or any other member on BSDA, of hating Danny S. because they call sin by its right name and refuses to turn a blind eye to the misdeeds those, who proclaim themselves true representatives of the church, while their consistent, on and off air, behavior says otherwise, is foolishness in the extreme. Your attempts to deny anyone, who does not represent your brand of truth, their right to stand up and speak out against the things they know displeases their heavenly Father speaks volumes.

ohmy.gif Bystander, you who speaks with a fork tongue, we strongly advise that you seal your lips. It is also our hope that you will fall to thy knees and beg the Lords forgiveness. It is our prayer that you will repent and seek the forgiveness of every brother and sister here that you have accused falsely, for all those you have betrayed, and all that you are being a stumbling block to, by spewing such venom from your lips. For your sake, wash the blood of fellow believers and any others from your hand.

Bystander please repent now before it is everlasting to late.

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 19 2007, 07:44 AM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 19 2007, 09:10 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 19 2007, 01:55 AM) [snapback]179237[/snapback]

Well, Birdy, it seems that you have now joined the privileged class of those who are being threatened with lawsuits. And on what authority does Bystander make his threats? Does he now speak officially for the great prophet of 3ABN? Actually, he sounds like the prophet himself: same pride, same self-righteousness, same posturing. Vanity, Vanity, all is Vanity. There is nothing new under the sun...

Sister

Ah yes... and thus does the fox who raids the henhouse reveal his identity when by complaining about those who attempt to board up the holes the weasels chewed in the henhouse floor....

btw.... where now are the denials that such threats have ever been made by the paragons of virtue at 3abn..... uhm.gif ......

Stay tuned......

..............TVsnack.gif..............

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 19 2007, 08:42 AM) [snapback]179255[/snapback]

ohmy.gif Bystander, you who speaks with a fork tongue, .....

Hmmmm..... are you suggesting uhm.gif ...... scratchchin.gif .....Yes, I believe you are... and come to think about it.... perhaps your metaphor is more fitting than mine... since it is the beings who slither on their bellies on the ground who slip in to steal the eggs from the henhouse....

Ah well... there are a wide variety of kinds of varmits that are a danger to the inhabitants of the henhouse..... To all of them we should be giving a mighty corporate thumbdown.gif

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 19 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 19 2007, 12:37 AM) [snapback]179236[/snapback]

I now understand mrs. White's statement when she says there will be more persecution from within the church, than without.

Hmmm. The "p" word again. Now, where have we heard that before? Let me think....

Oh, yeah. Now I remember. That's the word that Danny and Tommy always use to describe what's happening to them.

This post has been edited by ex3ABNemployee: Feb 19 2007, 09:38 AM

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 19 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 19 2007, 04:21 PM) [snapback]179264[/snapback]

Hmmm. The "p" word again. Now, where have we heard that before? Let me think....

Oh, yeah. Now I rememeber. That's the word that Danny and Tommy always use to describe what's happening to them.

rofl1.gif

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Feb 19 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Fran @ Feb 17 2007, 02:01 AM) [snapback]178851[/snapback]

Maybe their lawyer/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/ ... (14) put ..."THEM" ... under a "Gag Order" ? ? ? ? ? ?

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif lol.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

Watchbird, so happy this particular post came from you. Even though others added to it, you specifically make the suggestion about talking to the pastor. See, in proving liability to someone's slanderous remarks, one must prove, (among other things) that the "slanderer" is trying to hurt the individual or organization financially. You, as well as others, prove this is your intent by calling, emailing, etc to try and "discourage" a pastor or church from hosting a 3abn event. Shame on you. Even though you hate Danny S. guts, even you, know of the thousands of lives that have been changed through the ministry. Your little campaign to get them cancelled shows that your "hate" seems to overcomes your "love" where souls are concerned.
When you and others go so far as trying to get churches to cancel 3abn, it speaks volumes as for your motive and intent on this site. (not to mention your liability) You especially have proven by your words that you are not interested in the business of healing, restoration or ministering to others, as long as the ministering is coming from 3abn airwaves. Because God knows better than we, the motives of your heart when you want to make these "special" little phone calls, he will not let you succeed to the detriment of a great ministry.
For those of you (if any) that sent your little emails or made your little phone calls, it had absolutely no effect on the pastor or his people. I understand that those who had heard of your "little campaigns" felt you were being used as tools of Satan to undermine, divide and destroy what God has done and continues to do through the 3abn ministry.
You can fight, defame, gossip and slander the administration all you want, but God and God alone will win this battle to keep the 3angels message traveling around the globe. How thankful you, as Adventists should be to know, that people in all parts of our globe can receive that message. Instead, you waste your own time and God's judging people and instances that you had no part in, and know not of. I now understand mrs. White's statement when she says there will be more persecution from within the church, than without.

It is painfully obvious to me that you are not knowledgable about the elements of which a legally sound case for defamation of character are comprised... no.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 19 2007, 10:21 AM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Feb 19 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]179277[/snapback]

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif lol.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

It is painfully obvious to me that you are not knowledgable about the elements of which a legally sound case for defamation of character are comprised... no.gif

...and she has that law degree you'd have gotten if it wasnt for all that readin' and writin' and thinkin' that was required...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 19 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Welcome back, Bystander! shake2.gif
I trust that you and yours enjoyed our pleasant California weather. It was supposed to rain but changed its mind at the last minute.

Before you can prove liability for someone's slanderous remarks, you must first prove that those remarks are actually slanderous. Let's take a look at the definition of "slander" from The Free Dictionary: (bolding and emphasis supplied by yours truly)

1. Law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A false [i]and[i] malicious statement or report about someone.

BTW, congratulations on your correct spelling of "etc"! spoton.gif

I can't speak for WatchBird, but as for myself I don't hate Danny's guts. He is my brother in Christ and I love him as such. Tommy, too. The problem is that the Vine, our Lord, is good but sometimes the branches get rotten. While 3abn is producing fruit for the kingdom, which is glorious, the evidence shows that the ministry has not pruned out the disease within, allowing it to grow stronger and more pervasive until it may rot the whole branch. This is what has the potential to ruin this soul-winning ministry. I just wish you could step away from the denial and see that.

And what does it say when a Seventh-day Adventist pastor, John Lomacang, or the president of 3abn calls churches to urge them to cancel Linda Shelton's appearances? Or how about emails sent to churches and people to slander and discredit her name? I guess there will be a point when the true tools of Satan will be revealed.

What I would say to this, Bystander, is that you are entitled to your opinion even though it is wrong. Sure, there are some here who may fit this category but most are keenly interested in seeing this situation resolved properly and the cause of God strengthened instead of sullied by those who would cherish their sinful ways.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 19 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

[
And what does it say when a Seventh-day Adventist pastor, John Lomacang, or the president of 3abn calls churches to urge them to cancel Linda Shelton's appearances? Or how about emails sent to churches and people to slander and discredit her name? I guess there will be a point when the true tools of Satan will be revealed.

Bystander,

I would really like you answer that question?

Erik

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 19 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 19 2007, 02:14 PM) [snapback]179338[/snapback]

I, too, would like to have an answer from Bystander to these questions, especially since Bystander has raised the issue as it relates to the weekend 3ABN Rally at the Adventist Church in Milpitas, California.

If it is good for the goose it is good for the gander.

Pete

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 19 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 19 2007, 02:14 PM) [snapback]179338[/snapback]

Welcome back, Bystander! shake2.gif
I trust that you and yours enjoyed our pleasant California weather. It was supposed to rain but changed its mind at the last minute.

PB, Again you insinuate that Bystander is Danny S. by your california comment. You are wrong. As for the other statement about JL and Danny S. calling churches. Show me evidence that Danny ever called a church where Linda was scheduled to try to have her canceled. Show me where JL did. Even if you were 100% right, (which you are not) would 2 wrongs make a right. Should the Linda supporters, here, do exactly what they are accusing DS team of doing? If so, then they have no right to gripe about it. PB where is your info coming from to make these allegations?

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 19 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

I suppose you are going to tell us where all your info is coming from? Since you are making the same demands on others?

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 10:42 PM) [snapback]179436[/snapback]

PB, Again you insinuate that Bystander is Danny S. by your california comment. You are wrong. As for the other statement about JL and Danny S. calling churches. Show me evidence that Danny ever called a church where Linda was scheduled to try to have her canceled. Show me where JL did. Even if you were 100% right, (which you are not) would 2 wrongs make a right. Should the Linda supporters, here, do exactly what they are accusing DS team of doing? If so, then they have no right to gripe about it. PB where is your info coming from to make these allegations?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 19 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 08:42 PM) [snapback]179436[/snapback]

I am not insinuating that Bystander is Danny S., only that he is possibly closely connected. It was a playful

As far as where I got my information the about JL and others making phone calls, etc., it came from the same place you got your information, right here, from various members here who I hold as credible witnesses.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church