Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12554&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:31:51 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter From Linda Shelton @ Www.lindashelton.org - Feb. '07, Linda Shelton demands the evidence be made public
Aletheia
post Feb 16 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 16 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]178645[/snapback]

We say that we do not want to destroy 3-ABN. I do not believe that we could do so, if we wanted to do so. 3-ABN is in God's hands for as long as 3-ABN is in compliance with the mission of God for it. If 3-ABN is destroyed, whatever that may mean, it will be because such was in the will of God for it.

The Bible is clear that there are times in human and spiritual history that God does destroy, so to speak, so that God can build anew.

God destroyed the Earth with a flood, so that God could build anew.

God will at a later tieme destroy the Earth with fire so that God can build anew.

God burned Battle Creek so that God could build anew out of the ashes of Battle Creek. That destruction came only after God had sent warnigs by humans, which were rejected.

If God allows 3-ABN to be destroyed, so to speak, there are two possibilities

There is a big difference here. In your examples God carried out the judgments, NOT MAN. His servants role was only to rebuke and warn...

You claim "*if* God allows 3ABN to be destroyed.." that indicates it is others attempting to do the destroying.

And indeed such appears to be the situation.

What will you conclude *IF* God does not allow 3ABN to be destroyed?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 16 2007, 07:58 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 16 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #47

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 16 2007, 06:53 AM) [snapback]178650[/snapback]

There is a big difference here. In your examples God carried out the judgments, NOT MAN. His servants role was only to rebuke and warn...

You claim "*if* God allows 3ABN to be destroyed.." that indicates it is others attempting to do the destroying.

And indeed such appears to be the situation.
What will you conclude *IF* God does not allow 3ABN to be destroyed?

Aletheia:

No, I am not indicating that others are attemptiing to destroy 3-ABN. If a lightening bolt set a building on fire, God would have allowed it, but humans would not have done it. Your logic is a typical mesrepresentation of my statement.

If God does not allow 3-ABN to be destroyed, I will give thanks to God that God has been able to reform 3-ABN, and again use it according to God's purpose.

Yes, in my examples, God did not use humans to destroy. However, I assume that you know Scripture well enough to know that there are many examples in the Bible where God did use people to destroy so that God could rebuild. So, I do not think that I will need to cite them here.

Again, the questions as to humans destroying 3-ABN is not revelant for our purpose. It's destruction is not our goal. If it is destroyed, it will likely be because people rejected God's call to change. In that examples that I gave (flood, etc.) that is very clear. It is upon those people that the responsibility for the destruction that came rests.

This post has been edited by Observer: Feb 16 2007, 08:48 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 16 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 16 2007, 10:46 AM) [snapback]178658[/snapback]

. . . It's destruction is not our goal . . .

Gregory,

In regards to this, and I posted this in the Thursday night thread but it applicable here, how is one to interpret the following statements in Gailon Joy's plea to G. Spence a the save3abn site?

"Will require very aggressive litigation team but assets of the ministry, it's founder and directors are substantial."

"In my experience, strong possibility of recovery from jury demand and believe we have documentary foundation for punitive damages"

The very site that claims it exists to "save" the ministry for God has petitioned a high power attorney to assist in draining it of its financial resources. How is one not to come to the conclusion that there are those in the "small group", of which you are a part, that 3ABN's demise is the desired outcome?

This along with other comments made on various BBS and on Gailon's site indicate that there are a a number of individuals who do desire to see 3ABN disappear. Their desire is to take a ministry that has reached tens of thousands of people with the love of God and the message of His soon return and the joy that each one of us can be carried away in the clouds - and shut it down.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 16 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 16 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]178694[/snapback]

Gregory,

In regards to this, and I posted this in the Thursday night thread but it applicable here, how is one to interpret the following statements in Gailon Joy's plea to G. Spence a the save3abn site?

"Will require very aggressive litigation team but assets of the ministry, it's founder and directors are substantial."

"In my experience, strong possibility of recovery from jury demand and believe we have documentary foundation for punitive damages"

The very site that claims it exists to "save" the ministry for God has petitioned a high power attorney to assist in draining it of its financial resources. How is one not to come to the conclusion that there are those in the "small group", of which you are a part, that 3ABN's demise is the desired outcome?

This along with other comments made on various BBS and on Gailon's site indicate that there are a a number of individuals who do desire to see 3ABN disappear. Their desire is to take a ministry that has reached tens of thousands of people with the love of God and the message of His soon return and the joy that each one of us can be carried away in the clouds - and shut it down.

- FHB

O. K. Let us apply the above to the situation in a court of law:

1) If punitive damages were to be awarded, it is a stretch to believe that theye would be awarded in an amount that would destroy 3-ABN. Most of the time U. S. courts have some modicum of reasonableness. Look at the tobacco companies. Punitive damages have not been awarded in an amount that has destroyed them.

2) Certainly some punitive damages could (?) be awarded to a number of people to include Linda. But, again, I find it a stretch to believe that any court would order the assets of 3-ABN to be liquidated in order to pay damages. Look to the Roman Catholic chruch. Regional assest that belong to it have not been liquidated in total.

3) Under the right set of circumstances, should they come into being, a court could potentially order a change in management, and policy.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 16 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 16 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]178701[/snapback]

O. K. Let us apply the above to the situation in a court of law:

1) If punitive damages were to be awarded, it is a stretch to believe that theye would be awarded in an amount that would destroy 3-ABN. Most of the time U. S. courts have some modicum of reasonableness. Look at the tobacco companies. Punitive damages have not been awarded in an amount that has destroyed them.

2) Certainly some punitive damages could (?) be awarded to a number of people to include Linda. But, again, I find it a stretch to believe that any court would order the assets of 3-ABN to be liquidated in order to pay damages. Look to the Roman Catholic chruch. Regional assest that belong to it have not been liquidated in total.

3) Under the right set of circumstances, should they come into being, a court could potentially order a change in management, and policy.

Gregory,

While your response is reasoned and contains a possible logical look at what could happen, it doesn't answer my question or comment on my point.

My point: It seems obvious that Gailon Joy and others in his "small group" do want to see an end to 3ABN.

My question: How is one to interpret his statements any other way than supporting the idea that he has no problem with the disappearance of 3ABN.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Feb 16 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 15 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]178595[/snapback]

Linda has been charged with being responsible for just about everything that her supporters say about her. They tell us that we who support her could not know X if Linda had not told us X.

Well, the publication of this draft letter demonstrates that people who support Linda are not acting under her control.

Here is how the situation developed, and the facts became known.

1) Daryl F. of MSDAOL, and I acting independently checked our Linda's website and noted that it had not been posted there. Both of us attempted to make contact with Linda. Daryl succeeded before I made contact with her.

2) When Daryl made the contact, and Linda told him the facts, Daryl contacted me. I attempted to contact Linda, and succeeded. Linda told me, as I related it here.

3) When I discovered that the letter had not been posted on Linda's website, I wondered. However, in the early days of Linda's website, Linda was working with others, as I recall, to keep the website going. As I remember, sometimes her letters, etc. were not posted immediately on her website by the webmaster. So, I thought that might have been the case. But, I wanted to tell Linda about the letter that had been posted on three forums.

4) Then when Daryl informed me of his contact with Linda, I re-doubled my efforts to contact her, and I did.

So that is how this all came about.

Yes, I did wonder why it wasn't on even one of those two websites, particularly Linda's own website, especially when I was told they were on there. This prompted me to inquire about it to Linda and to the main person of the other website, which prompted Linda to respond accordingly. Linda, at first asked me if they could be removed, but before I could respond, she realized it was to late and decided to leave them there.

In light of the draft letter, I will be glad when the final one appears.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 16 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

The charge that there is a desire to destroy 3ABN only flies if one believes that 3ABN cannot exist without DS and the current leadership.

If this is the case, then it is not God's ministry... the benefit derived from it by viewers notwithstanding.

God doesn't do single points of failure; if it is truly His ministry then He will, if need be raise someone up who had nothing to do with the failings of the current leadership to carry it forward.

God doesn't need DS... or any other man and just because someone may hold a position now does not mean that he is indispensable

As was shown with Nebuchadnezzar, God can depose and maintain without the one engulfed by his hubris... there be a lesson in that for those with ears to hear...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Feb 16 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 16 2007, 11:24 AM) [snapback]178702[/snapback]

Gregory,

While your response is reasoned and contains a possible logical look at what could happen, it doesn't answer my question or comment on my point.

My point: It seems obvious that Gailon Joy and others in his "small group" do want to see an end to 3ABN.

My question: How is one to interpret his statements any other way than supporting the idea that he has no problem with the disappearance of 3ABN.

- FHB

Well, you can't tell from what you posted here that he "has no problem" with the disappearance of 3ABN. All we know is that he believes that substantial punitive damages are possible or even likely. The existence of 3ABN doesn't factor into his statements.

I think what Greg is saying is that courts don't award such large punitive damages that those who have to pay them are wiped out.

But even the court of public opinion would eventually forgive the channel, if Danny loses in court. They may not forgive him. People are more tolerant of adultery than public and malicious deceit.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 16 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 16 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]178706[/snapback]

. . . God doesn't need DS...

Mr. J

On this point you and Danny agree as he said the same last night.

- FHB

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Feb 16 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I am not aware of anybody, especially in this so-called small group, that wants 3ABN itself to come to an end.

I, for one, definitely doesn't want to see 3ABN come ot an end.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 16 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 16 2007, 12:31 PM) [snapback]178706[/snapback]

The charge that there is a desire to destroy 3ABN only flies if one believes that 3ABN cannot exist without DS and the current leadership.

If this is the case, then it is not God's ministry... the benefit derived from it by viewers notwithstanding.

God doesn't do single points of failure; if it is truly His ministry then He will, if need be raise someone up who had nothing to do with the failings of the current leadership to carry it forward.

God doesn't need DS... or any other man and just because someone may hold a position now does not mean that he is indispensable

As was shown with Nebuchadnezzar, God can depose and maintain without the one engulfed by his hubris... there be a lesson in that for those with ears to hear...

In His service,
Mr. J

Exactly, Kevin... and the "charge" is MADE because those who make it equate Danny with 3abn such that any move against Danny is equated with a move against 3abn as a separate entity.

The facts are... as we have noted here on BSDA many times... that it is Danny himself that makes that equation... and who has said multiple times that 3abn in HIS baby... and that NO ONE is going to take "HIS BABY" away from him.

Those who are uncovering the evil at 3abn are wanting to SAVE 3abn from the evil being perpetrated by its present owner/directors. If those owner/directors will not allow 3abn to be saved from the evil that has exuded from its pores increasingly over the years... then they themselves will be the ones who destroy 3abn. And those who wished to have saved it for future use by God will have failed in their mission.... even though they succeed in exposing and destroying the evil.

It looks to be a hopeless muddle ... from a human point of view... But God is still working through the events and persons responsible... on all sides of the issue... and eventually He will reveal to all ... all that needs to be revealed. And eventually Right and Justice will prevail.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 16 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 16 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]178708[/snapback]

On this point you and Danny agree as he said the same last night.

- FHB

The difference is, I actually believe it...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Feb 16 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 16 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]178730[/snapback]

The difference is, I actually believe it...

In His service,
Mr. J

Well, if Danny meant what he said, he should step down immediately and allow a free and open inquiry into all aspects in question at 3ABN.

But if he doesn't believe God just has to have him, why are his acolytes equating him with the "anointed ones" of the Bible? (Hebrew--"messiahs") Why is questioning him the same as questioning God? This isn't hearsay either, it was broadcast over 3ABN ...

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 16 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 16 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]178733[/snapback]

Well, if Danny meant what he said, he should step down immediately and allow a free and open inquiry into all aspects in question at 3ABN.

But if he doesn't believe God just has to have him, why are his acolytes equating him with the "anointed ones" of the Bible? (Hebrew--"messiahs") Why is questioning him the same as questioning God? This isn't hearsay either, it was broadcast over 3ABN ...

guess you no longer need a golden calf to have idolatry in the camp...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Feb 16 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 16 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]178694[/snapback]

Gregory,

- FHB

If you will look in the Bible-God used others to bring judgement on Israel when they wouldn't repent and do his will. What makes you think God won't bring judgement on 3ABN if they don't come clean. Israel was supposed to do much more than 3abn could ever do-look what happened to them in their history. No human institution has the right to trample on God's people and think they are immune from judgement.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church