Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12591&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:50:49 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Five Minute Transcript From 3abn "live" - 2/15/07, Danny's preamble to explaining the legal proceedings
Clay
post Feb 23 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #106

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 23 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]180125[/snapback]

This is no cheap shot. Lee, has made a point that I would agree. I have read here where people speak of Danny trashing Linda who admit that they don’t even watch 3ABN. You would think Danny took out a billboard ad on Times Square from what you read here and every engagement Linda attempted was intercepted by Danny, which I find hard to believe. My wife was an avid viewer of 3ABN until it when off of Sky Angel, she never saw this trashing and the viewers don’t see it either. .

have you forgotten? MzRobby and Odell were at a rally where Danny was speaking and heard for themselves how he made references to Linda and not in a kind way.... so it wouldn't have to be on camera if in his personal appearances he trashed her.... likewise who was making the phone calls preventing her from speaking at the various churches? Let's not forget that one of our own (Darius) was uninvited to speak after someone read something here on BSDA and called the church where he was to be speaking.... so yes I believe Danny trashed her reputation every chance he could.... and it didn't have to be on camera......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 23 2007, 07:38 AM
Post #107

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 23 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]180160[/snapback]

have you forgotten? MzRobby and Odell were at a rally where Danny was speaking and heard for themselves how he made references to Linda and not in a kind way.... so it wouldn't have to be on camera if in his personal appearances he trashed her.... likewise who was making the phone calls preventing her from speaking at the various churches? Let's not forget that one of our own (Darius) was uninvited to speak after someone read something here on BSDA and called the church where he was to be speaking.... so yes I believe Danny trashed her reputation every chance he could.... and it didn't have to be on camera......

There were also the personal phone calls he made... personal emails sent out.... the mass mailings of his "news" magazine... and the most public of all... the announcements that appeared on the 3abn website. While veiled, they definitely left one with the impression that Linda had "run off" from her husband with someone else. In fact the website announcement was the first thing that I saw, and I immediately thought that she must be having an affair. Only because I willed myself to not believe that as a fact until I had checked it out personally with my good friend Johann who at that time (I thought) was actively working to promote 3abn in Europe, did I not become part of the ever widening network of spreading false information. Once I heard back from him I learned not only the truth about Linda, but the fact that Johann had himself been severed from his position at 3abn because he had refused to testify falsely against Linda.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 23 2007, 07:43 AM
Post #108

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 22 2007, 11:14 PM) [snapback]180125[/snapback]

This is no cheap shot. Lee, has made a point that I would agree. I have read here where people speak of Danny trashing Linda who admit that they don’t even watch 3ABN. You would think Danny took out a billboard ad on Times Square from what you read here and every engagement Linda attempted was intercepted by Danny, which I find hard to believe. My wife was an avid viewer of 3ABN until it when off of Sky Angel, she never saw this trashing and the viewers don’t see it either. .

Calvin,
In late May of 2004 I, an occasional viewer of 3abn, heard many references to Linda and her negative direction from Danny's own lips. On air there were numerous references but, admittedly, many of them were cryptic. Over the years, I began watching more and more of the broadcasts and saw many instances where Danny would interview someone and then tie his own marital problems to their trials. The messages were clear.

My mother, a faithful viewer and supporter of 3abn, noticed the poor way Danny was treating Linda on air, "humorously" putting her down in a way that made my mother quite uncomfortable. She was not at all surprised when Linda disappeared.

Of course then there was talk of an email. A relative who was in the LLU area at the time was privy to the informational email about Linda's supposed affair with a doctor even before campmeeting.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 23 2007, 07:52 AM
Post #109

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 21 2007, 01:03 AM) [snapback]179711[/snapback]

This is what concerns me. If it were just 3abn, I would be writing on other subjects on BSDA. (and some of the forums are great.) We don't have a dish but we enjoy the HOPE channel on the Internet.

For many Adventists who are shut-ins or live in other countries, 3abn has been the vehicle that has carried the message of Adventist speakers.

I believe that our top evangelists are compromising their credibility by being bed fellows of Danny.

Can we say D E E P?

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 23 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #110

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 23 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]180160[/snapback]

There were also the personal phone calls he made... personal emails sent out.... the mass mailings of his "news" magazine... and the most public of all... the announcements that appeared on the 3abn website.

While veiled, they definitely left one with the impression that Linda had "run off" from her husband with someone else. In fact the website announcement was the first thing that I saw, and I immediately thought that she must be having an affair. Only because I willed myself to not believe that as a fact until I had checked it out personally with my good friend Johann, who at that time (I thought) was actively working to promote 3abn in Europe, did I not become part of the ever widening network of spreading false information. Once I heard back from him I learned not only the truth about Linda, but the fact that Johann had himself been severed from his position at 3abn because he had refused to testify falsely against Linda.

After that I heard about the broadcast from the campmeeting in June 2004... where Danny had announced to the world publicly not only that Linda had left him, but that the "devils" who stole her from him were right there in the room .... the announcement about her leaving him embedded in an on camera request to Mark Finley to pray for God to "bring her back to him".

It is WAY too well substantiated by way too many people for there to be any room for an objective claim that Danny did NOT trash Linda publicly.... just because some didn't recognize the things he said as being untruths or didn't happen to hear them themselves.

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 21 2007, 01:03 AM) [snapback]179711[/snapback]

This is what concerns me. If it were just 3abn, I would be writing on other subjects on BSDA. (and some of the forums are great.) We don't have a dish but we enjoy the HOPE channel on the Internet.

For many Adventists who are shut-ins or live in other countries, 3abn has been the vehicle that has carried the message of Adventist speakers.

I believe that our top evangelists are compromising their credibility by being bed fellows of Danny.

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 23 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]180165[/snapback]

Can we say D E E P?

I believe that we can. And the fact that Mark Finley allowed himself to be used by Danny in the way that he did... and that Mark openly supported Danny.... and has still not PUBLICLY stepped forward to withdraw that support.... means that the SDA evangelist who has since been placed at the head of all SDA evangelists.... is STILL in a very "compromising" position.

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 23 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #111

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 21 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]179829[/snapback]

Sorry, Lee, I would like to agree with you, but when I said that Linda disappeared from 3ABN without any explanation I was talking about the first few days. After a very short time, I started hearing people on the air, DS and others, trashing Linda, first in a veiled way, then more openly. I immediately thought that that was wrong. And I still think so now, even more strongly.

That's what I said. I think it's a fact.

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 23 2007, 08:45 AM
Post #112

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Just for the record:

3-ABN is not available in my home. However, I am able to watch it sometimes, and I do watch it.

I have heard Danny mention Linda in cryptic comments, several times. I have heard him make comments ragarding physicians who seduce women, and other such. One would need to be award of the issues to realize what Danny was saying.

In very recent times, I have not heard that done. Perhaps, Danny has stopped doing so on TV? I do not know.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 23 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #113

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 23 2007, 09:45 AM) [snapback]180172[/snapback]

Just for the record:

3-ABN is not available in my home. However, I am able to watch it sometimes, and I do watch it.

I have heard Danny mention Linda in cryptic comments, several times. I have heard him make comments ragarding physicians who seduce women, and other such. One would need to be award of the issues to realize what Danny was saying.

In very recent times, I have not heard that done. Perhaps, Danny has stopped doing so on TV? I do not know.

He has not stopped doing so. In every segment of his 3ABN Today show that I have watched, he manages to bring the topic around so that he not only makes a not-so-veiled side-swipe at Linda... without, of course, calling her by name... but he also leads his guest into making "reassuring comments" regarding the "persecution" he is suffering from all of the "lies" being told about him. It is not a pretty sight, and as some here have attested, it is sometimes plain enough so as to raise questions in the minds of those who had not previously been "aware of the issues".

Especially when he has others of his "crew" on the show, a major portion of the show is aimed at bolstering Danny's ego and his self-perceived "righteousness".... as he and they refer over and over to those who are "persecuted for righteousness sake".... and apply it very directly to Danny .... as though he were righteous rather than guilty..... scratchchin.gif ........ thumbdown.gif .........

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 23 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 23 2007, 08:03 AM) [snapback]180166[/snapback]

I believe that we can. And the fact that Mark Finley allowed himself to be used by Danny in the way that he did... and that Mark openly supported Danny.... and has still not PUBLICLY stepped forward to withdraw that support.... means that the SDA evangelist who has since been placed at the head of all SDA evangelists.... is STILL in a very "compromising" position.

Yes. I seem to remember a post by wwjd on 2-8-07 that said something like this:

I will take you up on that because it's not even a challenge. The pastor you refer to is MARK FINLEY. He will be happy to verify that he counseled with Linda by phone, 3 different times for 45 minutes to an hour. MARK FINLEY . HAS HE BEEN DUPED TOO? He will also be happy, if it comes to that, to verify that she did, indeed, have an inappropriate relationship with Arild that went way beyond a doctor treating her son. He can also verify that she was not willing to "give him up" to restore her marriage and/or her place in the ministry.

And wwjd again on 2-8-07:

Easy to solve. Ask Mark Finley if he counseled her on the phone 3 different times and what was said. He is willing to make that statement or sign a document saying so. Read my other post in corporate worship. It will fill in the details. THERE ARE RECEIPTS for 8 hours of out of state counseling with 2 christian counselors that are not adventist to the best of my understanding.

Here we are on 2-23-07. Pasto Finley has been contacted at least twice that I know of, and still,no response from him. He doesn't seem too "happy" and "willing" to make any statement. (I don't blame him.) Just more empty words from the dannyscribes.

Has anyone else noticed that they can talk big about verification and proof, but never seem to be able to produce? However, nearly everything at save3abn.com is signed testimony.

Now, who has the credibility problem?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 23 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #115

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 23 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]180182[/snapback]

Yes. I seem to remember a post by wwjd on 2-8-07 that said something like this:
And wwjd again on 2-8-07:
Here we are on 2-23-07. Pasto Finley has been contacted at least twice that I know of, and still,no response from him. He doesn't seem too "happy" and "willing" to make any statement. (I don't blame him.) Just more empty words from the dannyscribes.

Has anyone else noticed that they can talk big about verification and proof, but never seem to be able to produce? However, nearly everything at save3abn.com is signed testimony.

Now, who has the credibility problem?

Yes, I sent him an e-mail, and he never responded. That tells me that the claims that he will verify are unfounded. It appears that he will not. I should be noted that Linda is willing to release him from any privacy concerns that he may have. Linda is not the reason he has not responded.

Watchbird: Yes, when I have watched 3-ABN Today, I have noted that Danny typically finds a way to bring Linda into the picture without mentioning her name.

This post has been edited by Observer: Feb 23 2007, 10:52 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 23 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #116

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 23 2007, 10:52 AM) [snapback]180182[/snapback]

...Here we are on 2-23-07. Pasto Finley has been contacted at least twice that I know of, and still,no response from him. He doesn't seem too "happy" and "willing" to make any statement. (I don't blame him.) Just more empty words from the dannyscribes......

For the record, let's look a bit at the time line....
Spring 2004.... Mark Finley was, IMO, duped by Danny into believing that Linda had left him and that Danny wanted her back.

On the basis of that, he didn't bother to try and find out "her side" from Linda, but just treated the whole thing as a simple "lovers quarrel" that would blow away with a few words of prayer.

When Johann let him know otherwise, he still trusted Danny above Johann, and promoted Danny as being in the right rather than being willing to listen to the views of those who realized very early that Danny was NOT wanting Linda to return, but was actually trying to get rid of her.

This held for roughly the next two years. I don't know when he began to question a little bit... but by the time Alyssa's statement came out, he was beginning to take at least a neutral position rather than a supportive one for Danny.... but only in private mail or conversations.

Since that time I have heard from different sources that he has made non-supportive private statements, even saying that he would not make any more appearances on 3abn.

However, he has NEVER made any public acknowledgement of these statements attributed to him. He has not requested that his old tapes at 3abn be destroyed (as a few have done). He has not responded to anyone on anything that has appeared on any public board. And he has not made any public retractions of earlier statements attributed to him as saying that Danny Shelton was the face of Adventism, therefore nothing should be done that would hurt Danny's image. (Very randomly paraphrased, but I have seen the quotes.)

OTOH, he has also not given any more public statements affirming the things claimed for him by the dannyscribes. So let's give him credit at least for that much... although there is so much more that he needs to say in order to repair the damage that has been done to his credibility, that it seems like only a feather stroke on a fresh-from-the-mines coal-miner's face when compared to the cleanup job that needs to be done.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 23 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #117

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 23 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]180125[/snapback]

I agree. People wanted to know what happened to her. It was either try to explain by a word here or there, or tell all. No matter what is said here, truth is 3abn could have done some major damage and they didn't want to. DS didn't want to. Shortly thereafter, she began to accuse DS and 3abn on all kinds of things, naturally a little more would have to be said in defense to the rumors. What most on here are calling trashing is a joke. They could have had some "real" trash going and chose not to. no one from 3abn has written books like sister's and the naive story. That is trash and it's trash against lots of people that didn't have anything to do with the divorce and should not have to be hurt by it. But there it is...now...under those circumstances, who really has taken the high road. At least what little DS has ever said, he said it. He didn't have unknown authors writing tell alls, for him.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 23 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #118

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 23 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]180199[/snapback]

I agree. People wanted to know what happened to her. It was either try to explain by a word here or there, or tell all. No matter what is said here, truth is 3abn could have done some major damage and they didn't want to. DS didn't want to. Shortly thereafter, she began to accuse DS and 3abn on all kinds of things, naturally a little more would have to be said in defense to the rumors. What most on here are calling trashing is a joke. They could have had some "real" trash going and chose not to. no one from 3abn has written books like sister's and the naive story. That is trash and it's trash against lots of people that didn't have anything to do with the divorce and should not have to be hurt by it. But there it is...now...under those circumstances, who really has taken the high road. At least what little DS has ever said, he said it. He didn't have unknown authors writing tell alls, for him.

I see you are back at it again.... Thomas Jefferson has nothing on you.... you've decided not to creep down to the slave quarters but to actually walk boldly looking to have your way with Sally.... dude... you are full of untruths..... not to mention that "fever" of yours..... You have stood by when injustice to Linda was done, yet would have us believe that Danny has been treated unfairly.... no slave, nor jew, nor christian would be safe in your world.... you would stand by as slaves were returned to their masters, jews put on the trains, and christians persecuted..... keep on standing by dannyscribe....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 21 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 18 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]179145[/snapback]

You should ask Bob your questions. I believe D.S. was referring to Bob Pickle. He sometimes attaches the title to his name and writes as "Dr Pickle".

Apparently the so called "little group" have also been passing themselves off as Conference officials, to try and dig up more dirt, and accusations.

I call that lying.

HEAR-SAY, HEAR-SAY.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 18 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]179181[/snapback]

Based on what? Your extensive experience as a prevaricator?

In His service,
Mr. J
He never addressed what he may have heard or not heard... you were so indignant at others when you presumed them to be putting words in your mouth; do unto others as you would have them do unto you...
Not when the IL conference president, as a member of the 3ABN board, is complicit in all their misdeeds... that's like Karl Rove vouching for Scooter Libby... Haldeman vouching for G. Gordon Liddy... Cassius vouching for Brutus... Annas vouching for Caiaphas... etc...

In His service,
Mr. J

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif lol.gif THANK GOD FOR HUMOR

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 18 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]179222[/snapback]

Maybe you hear things backwards? Just because Tommy says this does not mean that Gailon has claimed to be what Tommy is pointing out he is not. ANYONE can investigate. There is NO crime in investigating anything (as you should also be investigating to find things out - it's the facts that come out that make the point of truth, not who is doing it.

So are you taking the bait Aletheia? Are you saying you are only willing to accept (and this is what Tommy is trying to put in your head) that an official SDA investigator has to do the investigating? When we know that the church has no authority so to speak over 3abn, how would they put about official conference paid investigators? You are falling in to the spinning pool right where they want you. No thanks, it's too icey for me, I'm not jumping in.

And you should keep in mind, here are any helping with the investigation - not just three people that includes people that work for the SDA church as well. Keep that in mind. You don't see everything going on and all who are involved in it. You are only seeing what Tommy and Danny and the Shelton clan are wanting you to THINK you see.

AREN'T WE ALL "SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST ECCLESIASTICAL INVESTIGATORS"? NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT OFFICIAL, OR ON THE PAYROLL OR ANY OF THAT. (GOTTA DO SOMETHING about that caps button) roflmao.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 22 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #120

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 23 2007, 06:43 AM) [snapback]180162[/snapback]

Calvin,
In late May of 2004 I, an occasional viewer of 3abn, heard many references to Linda and her negative direction from Danny's own lips. On air there were numerous references but, admittedly, many of them were cryptic. Over the years, I began watching more and more of the broadcasts and saw many instances where Danny would interview someone and then tie his own marital problems to their trials. The messages were clear.

I will add to that: My mother-in-law, lives in this area in assisted living. That place provides 3-ABN to those who live there. I will typically turn her TV to the 3-ABN channel and watch it during the time we are visiting with my MIL. On several occasions, I watched an interview program. During such, Danny would often manage to make cryptic comments about physicians and other professions who would lead women astray, and seduce (or whatever Danny said at that point) them. On occasion, but not always, he would come right out and make a reference to 'his situation."

In fairness, I have not seen Danny do that in recent times.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church