Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12592&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:31:41 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Conclusions
runner4him
post May 19 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Clay @ May 19 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]196076[/snapback]

no.... one must accept that Jesus is our hope in glory....

Amen!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FineArt
post May 21 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,517

I find it dis heartning to be with other SDAs when the subject of this "merger" comes up. I never introduce this subject but there are those that are wondering why?? There are so many that don't have a clue as to what is going on at 3ABN and if you mention one little hint of the trouble that is going on at 3 ABN, you meet with condemnation. There is so much unbelief and silence among our people that it is only wise to speak here. Bye the way....those that speak only find DS the good guy and LS the bad. They have no basis for what they are saying, only feeling and believing what has been spoken of by the staff on Camera. wallbash.gif boxing.gif dunno.gif

--------------------

God's blessings to you all

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His Commandments for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good or whether it be evil" Ecc. 12: 13,14

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 21 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(FineArt @ May 21 2007, 07:07 PM) [snapback]196292[/snapback]

I find it dis heartning to be with other SDAs when the subject of this "merger" comes up. I never introduce this subject but there are those that are wondering why?? There are so many that don't have a clue as to what is going on at 3ABN and if you mention one little hint of the trouble that is going on at 3 ABN, you meet with condemnation. There is so much unbelief and silence among our people that it is only wise to speak here. Bye the way....those that speak only find DS the good guy and LS the bad. They have no basis for what they are saying, only feeling and believing what has been spoken of by the staff on Camera. wallbash.gif boxing.gif dunno.gif

That depends on where you are. There is a fast growing number of SDA churches and communities where the opposite would be true.

+Quote Post
FineArt
post May 21 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

beartrap,

I feel there has to be the group that has had their eyes opened. The group of associates around me is small compared to the SDAs in this area and it is true, I don't know what is in the minds of so many that do not speak up or don't feel comfortable talking in a group. I pray it will be solved soon.

--------------------

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His Commandments for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good or whether it be evil" Ecc. 12: 13,14

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 22 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE(FineArt @ May 21 2007, 09:07 PM) [snapback]196292[/snapback]

I also have found it somewhat disheartening to see how many people are in the mode of indifference or blind support of what they thought DS and 3abn stood for. The majority of those I have shared with have made comments like...."they have done so much good"..."you cannot make anyone do anything"...."she (Linda) should be happy now"...."you cannot help the corruption"..."not sure about all this". I still believe in our people and in God's ability to wake them up so I am praying for strength and courage for myself and for those who will to continue to speak up. I have crawled out on that limb and will remain there praying and doing what little I can do.

+Quote Post
FineArt
post May 22 2007, 08:44 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Thanks runner4him,
I need encouragement to not fear speaking up, even though what i say is called malicious gossip and what is posted on line is probably from those that have an axe to grind.

I agree with the conclusions posted above. That said......

Which bring up a subject that needs some input from you all so i may have a greater understanding of the words "Sons of God". "Child of God".

So often when speaking of people that are commiting crimes of whatever, in the church or in the world i have been told "we must pray for them for they are children of God." or "he is a child of God"

My research finds:

Joh 1:12 "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

I see there are conditions for being a childs of God. Someone said to me once, Sadam Hussain [sp] has done so much evil but we must pray for him for he is a Child of God. Whoa! He did not in anyway to my knowledge "born again by the Spirit". Pray for Him? yes! But his fruits were that he served a different master.

Now lets bring this home:

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

How do we apply this to 3ABN and the above conclusions ?:

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

PRAY? YES PRAY? YES

Selected Messages Book 1---- Safeguarding the New Experience-----PG- 137

The Child of God a Laborer With God
All spiritual life is derived from Jesus Christ. "As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God" (John 1:12). But what is the sure result of becoming a child of God? The result is that we become laborers together with God. There is a great work to be done for your own soul's salvation, and to qualify you to win others from unbelief to a life sustained by faith in Christ Jesus: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me {with a casual faith?--No, with an abiding faith that works by love and purifies the soul} hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. . . . I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he
shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. . . . Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the
last day. . . . It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father" (John 6:47, 48, 51, 53, 54, 63-65).

smile.gif yes.gif

I would really like your input on this post. We can not serve two masters...give me your thoughts.

This post has been edited by FineArt: May 22 2007, 08:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 22 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(howdy @ Feb 24 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]180433[/snapback]

Now every day that passes is another big lie by DS pretending he did it all by himself!

There is nothing new under the sun; we have seen that very spirit of hubris before:

Dan 4:30 The king spoke, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honor of my majesty?

What men who embrace this spirit always fail to grasp is that such hubris comes at great cost; Nebuchadnezzar got off easy.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 22 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(FineArt @ May 21 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]196292[/snapback]

There are so many that don't have a clue as to what is going on at 3ABN and if you mention one little hint of the trouble that is going on at 3 ABN, you meet with condemnation.

Last August after talking with a church leader, I realized that this whole thing was going to be challenging. Anyone who has confidence in Danny would dismiss the allegations out of hand because they are just so weird and off the wall.

Only if one's confidence in Danny is shaken a little can one begin to objectively look at some of these allegations.

Believe me, there are more bombshells in the wings that may jolt many of us back to reality.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 22 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(FineArt @ May 22 2007, 08:44 AM) [snapback]196355[/snapback]

Thanks runner4him,
I need encouragement to not fear speaking up, even though what i say is called malicious gossip and what is posted on line is probably from those that have an axe to grind.

I agree with the conclusions posted above. That said......

Which bring up a subject that needs some input from you all so i may have a greater understanding of the words "Sons of God". "Child of God".

So often when speaking of people that are commiting crimes of whatever, in the church or in the world i have been told "we must pray for them for they are children of God." or "he is a child of God"

Now lets bring this home:

How do we apply this to 3ABN and the above conclusions ?:

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

I would really like your input on this post. We can not serve two masters...give me your thoughts.

Your research and words are appreciated....a thought provoking subject. Thank you!

My input for what it is worth is as follows....."Child of God"....we all start out as children of our Father since He is our wonderful Creator but as your research shows, we are clearly told that our fruits must demonstrate whom we serve. God knows the heart and since He is the Creator, Redeemer and perfect Judge, He alone can determine who goes where. He cannot save anyone who is not safe to save. Sin will not rise up a second time after the New Earth experience so it is simple...are you or the next guy or girl safe to save? I think that we, as fruit inspectors, have seen men and women who have appeared to be on the side of evil perish in that state...they lost that "child of God" label or maybe never had it. (Although I have never seen a wee baby who did not look like a precious "child of God".) Reading the history books and viewing CNN today will shed light on those poor souls who live now or have died without Him or His grace.

We must not be in the army of the enemy so we have to do a little evaluation of which army to join. We are just off track if we think we can just blindly turn a deaf ear or close our eyes or just remain indifferent to what is going on in our family, the neighborhood, the church, (3abn), the city, the state, the country, the world. I believe in being involved even if it is not popular. We do not have to get out the bullhorn but we can do something in our small space. Make a difference and let our actions speak loudly but with Christian love.

If we stand for nothing then we are taking up too much space in this world. If we say nothing about this 3abn mess then when the next crisis comes along and maybe we are ones who are being persecuted for Righteousness sake then who will speak for us? Look at the many who have been persecuted thoughout the ages...look at the ones who spoke up....look at the ones who did not.....I am thankful for those who did find their voice and pray that in that time I would have done the same.

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 22 2007, 11:04 AM) [snapback]196377[/snapback]

Last August after talking with a church leader, I realized that this whole thing was going to be challenging. Anyone who has confidence in Danny would dismiss the allegations out of hand because they are just so weird and off the wall.

Only if one's confidence in Danny is shaken a little can one begin to objectively look at some of these allegations.

Believe me, there are more bombshells in the wings that may jolt many of us back to reality.

So true...thinking the allegations are off the wall. I wondered when I first heard of all this mess..."how can it be?".

Bombshells in the wings....not that I cherish that idea or want to hear more but I am awake and faith is strong...enough to withstand the winds of strife. Isn't it a daily experience....to be strong in His Word and able by His grace to stand true?

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post May 22 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 22 2007, 09:36 AM) [snapback]196348[/snapback]

I also have found it somewhat disheartening to see how many people are in the mode of indifference or blind support of what they thought DS and 3abn stood for. o.

I have been in touch with two relatives the past week regarding 3abn. I want to share quotes from their emails......

The first is from CA and the wife of the former pastor of a relatively large congregation there. She said:

We don't know about the 3abn mess. I asked XXX and he doesn't know. I had read in
Adventist Today (the online version) months ago that the head guy had
divorced his wife and married someone else. I guess this was his 3rd or 4th
divorce. What have you heard?

The second is from MA and from my niece concerning her mother's views of the matter (her mother is active 3abn supporter):

My mother knows all about this!!!
She's on Danny's side.

I'm not even going to bring it up with her again.
Mom's view is basically, "she cheated, he divorced her, end of story, we
love the network" She didn't seem interested in discussing it. I
don't know any details about what happened or what allegations are true
or false so I cannot even have an informed conversation about it. So,
if the whole thing is based on lies, then you are right, she doesn't
know anything else.

I suspect these two views still represent the typical "in the pews" SDA member in good standing......

They both have always highly respected my opinions and judgements on just about anything and everything else ever discussed for decades. I wonder if that will change for either when i can sit down and talk to them?

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: May 22 2007, 05:18 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
steffan
post May 22 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 22 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]196448[/snapback]

Adventist Today (the online version) months ago that the head guy had
divorced his wife and married someone else. I guess this was his 3rd or 4th
divorce. What have you heard?

nw
C"i"

So, my question is, did you straighten out another vicious rumor on the above? Or did you let it go? After all since you have involved yourself so heavily in this subject, I am certain you wouldn't want false rumors to continue being spread. Linda was his first and only divorce. You know that so I hope you did the right thing.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post May 22 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(steffan @ May 22 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]196453[/snapback]

So, my question is, did you straighten out another vicious rumor on the above? Or did you let it go? After all since you have involved yourself so heavily in this subject, I am certain you wouldn't want false rumors to continue being spread. Linda was his first and only divorce. You know that so I hope you did the right thing.

Actually Steffan,

The email came in over the weekend and I have only had time to write a short response thus far. But I did in fact correct the error as I do not let such things go. How about you? Can you consistently say you do the right thing rather than encourage the spreading of false rumors? After all you too appear heavily involved in this subject for someone who claimed/claims distance from the principals and has posted on more than one forum.

Will you be at campmeeting this weekend?

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post May 22 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 22 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]196455[/snapback]

Actually Steffan,

The email came in over the weekend and I have only had time to write a short response thus far. But I did in fact correct the error as I do not let such things go. How about you? Can you consistently say you do the right thing rather than encourage the spreading of false rumors? After all you too appear heavily involved in this subject for someone who claimed/claims distance from the principals and has posted on more than one forum.

Will you be at campmeeting this weekend?

nw
C"i"

"Touchie" as Tommy Smothers was want to say...

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 22 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #29

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
joyce
post May 22 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 2,766

QUOTE(steffan @ May 22 2007, 04:13 PM) [snapback]196453[/snapback]

The truth about Danny and his marriages, is that there has only been one divorce but two failed marriages. Surprised no one has mentioned it here as it was no secret that the first wife was in the process of leaving Danny due to his abuse when she died in the car accident. She had already pickod the place she would be moving to. Many close to the family were informed as to why she was leaving the marriage. Some of us have known about this for many years.

Joyce

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church