Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12613&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:24:12 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions For Linda?, I'm gathering some questions for her website
sonshineonme
post Feb 19 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

smile.gif After talking with Linda today, the idea came up that before she gets her new website changes uploaded, it might be nice to hear from anyone here that may have a question she may be able to address publicly on her website. She wants to address questions she feels are particularly pertinent.

Because of deadline constraints, you will have only until noon tomorrow (pacific time) to post your questions here. As you post them in this thread, I will copy them and get them off to her as soon as I can. We’ll do the best we can do in this last minute effort!

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 19 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 19 2007, 06:11 PM) [snapback]179397[/snapback]

smile.gif After talking with Linda today, the idea came up that before she gets her new website changes uploaded, it might be nice to hear from anyone here that may have a question she may be able to address publicly on her website. She wants to address questions she feels are particularly pertinent.

Because of deadline constraints, you will have only until noon tomorrow (pacific time) to post your questions here. As you post them in this thread, I will copy them and get them off to her as soon as I can. We’ll do the best we can do in this last minute effort!

I would like to know when Linda became aware of the allegations against Tommy Shelton and what her opinion of it all was.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 19 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 19 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]179397[/snapback]

It would interesting to hear linda speak to the charges of the wrong use of funds, what she was aware of and when, and if she needs to say any thing about her votes on the such matters?

Also the charge from her daughter that danny well was less the fatherly in actions, would like to her side of that.

Also the crazy PTK issue, would like to her thoughts on that these many years later, maybe hear what she wishes she might have done?

ERik

+Quote Post
Ex3ABNViewer
post Feb 20 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,913

I would like to know Linda's version of the pregnancy test.

What was said on the tape recording that Danny says they have, the one sided tape?

Also, I want to know why Danny wasn't with Linda in Norway? I asked Danny and he said Linda didn't want him to go with her.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 20 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

Did Linda find any bugging devices in any place where she lived?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 20 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #6

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Ex3ABNViewer @ Feb 20 2007, 06:54 AM) [snapback]179506[/snapback]

I would like to know Linda's version of the pregnancy test.

What was said on the tape recording that Danny says they have, the one sided tape?

Also, I want to know why Danny wasn't with Linda in Norway? I asked Danny and he said Linda didn't want him to go with her.

If that is accurate, it may be because of the relationship that Danny is said to have had with Nathan, and the claimed lack of involvement in Nathan's life.

If it were me: I would be involved in my stepson's life. If my wife went to acrosss the ocean to visit a clinician, we would have had a discusison of the need for me to be involved. Substance abuse problems require involvement of family members.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 20 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #7

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 20 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]179519[/snapback]

If that is accurate, it may be because of the relationship that Danny is said to have had with Nathan, and the claimed lack of involvement in Nathan's life.

If it were me: I would be involved in my stepson's life. If my wife went to acrosss the ocean to visit a clinician, we would have had a discusison of the need for me to be involved. Substance abuse problems require involvement of family members.

Good points.... obviously someone ignored the counsel given in Child Guidance.....(emphasis mine)

An Errant Youth Who Needed Sympathy.--Your letters I have read with interest and sympathy. I would say your son now needs a father as he has never needed one before. He has erred; you know it, and he knows that you know it; and words that you would have spoken to him in his innocency with safety, and which would not have produced any bad results, would now seem like unkindness and be sharp as a knife. . . . I know that parents feel the shame of the wrongdoing of a child that has dishonored them very keenly, but does the erring one wound and bruise the heart of the earthly parent any more than we as the children of God bruise our heavenly Parent, who has given us and is still giving us His love, inviting us to return and repent of our sins and iniquities and He will pardon our transgression? {CG 266.1}

Do not withdraw your love now. That love and sympathy is needed now as never before. When others look with coldness and put the worst construction upon the misdeeds of your boy, should not the father and mother in pitying tenderness seek to guide his footsteps into safe paths? I do not know the character of your son's sins, but I am safe in saying, whatever they may be, Let no comments from human lips, no pressure from human actions, of those who think they are doing justice, lead you to pursue a course which can be interpreted by your son that you feel too much mortified and dishonored to ever take him back into confidence and to forget his transgressions. Let nothing cause you to lose hope, nothing to cut off your love and tenderness for the erring one. Just because he is erring, he needs you, and he wants a father and a mother to help him to recover himself from the snare of Satan. Hold him fast by faith and love, and cling to the all-pitying Redeemer, remembering that he has One who has an interest in him, even above your own. . . . {CG 266.2}

Do not talk discouragement and hopelessness. Talk courage. Tell him he can redeem himself, that you, his father and mother, will help him to take hold from above to plant his feet on the solid Rock, Christ Jesus, to find a sure support and unfailing strength in Jesus. If his fault be ever so grievous, it will not cure your son to press this constantly upon him. A right course of action is needed to save a soul from death and keep a soul from committing a multitude of sins. {CG 267.1}

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 20 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 19 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]179397[/snapback]

Linda,

I friend of mine asked if you or danny has taken a polygraph test about this whole topic, if not is it something that you would consider?

Erik

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 20 2007, 09:00 AM) [snapback]179540[/snapback]

Good points.... obviously someone ignored the counsel given in Child Guidance.....(emphasis mine)

An Errant Youth Who Needed Sympathy.--Your letters I have read with interest and sympathy. I would say your son now needs a father as he has never needed one before. He has erred; you know it, and he knows that you know it; and words that you would have spoken to him in his innocency with safety, and which would not have produced any bad results, would now seem like unkindness and be sharp as a knife. . . . I know that parents feel the shame of the wrongdoing of a child that has dishonored them very keenly, but does the erring one wound and bruise the heart of the earthly parent any more than we as the children of God bruise our heavenly Parent, who has given us and is still giving us His love, inviting us to return and repent of our sins and iniquities and He will pardon our transgression? {CG 266.1}

Do not withdraw your love now. That love and sympathy is needed now as never before. When others look with coldness and put the worst construction upon the misdeeds of your boy, should not the father and mother in pitying tenderness seek to guide his footsteps into safe paths? I do not know the character of your son's sins, but I am safe in saying, whatever they may be, Let no comments from human lips, no pressure from human actions, of those who think they are doing justice, lead you to pursue a course which can be interpreted by your son that you feel too much mortified and dishonored to ever take him back into confidence and to forget his transgressions. Let nothing cause you to lose hope, nothing to cut off your love and tenderness for the erring one. Just because he is erring, he needs you, and he wants a father and a mother to help him to recover himself from the snare of Satan. Hold him fast by faith and love, and cling to the all-pitying Redeemer, remembering that he has One who has an interest in him, even above your own. . . . {CG 266.2}

Do not talk discouragement and hopelessness. Talk courage. Tell him he can redeem himself, that you, his father and mother, will help him to take hold from above to plant his feet on the solid Rock, Christ Jesus, to find a sure support and unfailing strength in Jesus. If his fault be ever so grievous, it will not cure your son to press this constantly upon him. A right course of action is needed to save a soul from death and keep a soul from committing a multitude of sins. {CG 267.1}

Clay,

Amen is all i can say, and brings up the whole questions of danny duties has father, if maybe he let them slide?

Erik

+Quote Post
Chez
post Feb 20 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 19 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]179397[/snapback]

Linda,
Was Danny abusive to you? If so, in what way(s)? Did you know about the rumors concerning Danny's relationships with Brenda and Brandy and also Tommy Shelton's relationships with boys? Was the Shelton family kind to you during your marriage to Danny? How was your relationship with Melody and Danny's other children? Why did you agree to a divorce? Were you coerced to consent to a divorce? How are you doing and when will the book be available to the public?

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 20 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 20 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]179519[/snapback]

Greg it would seem that you have joined the crowd here with assumptions instead of fact. You used the "if that is accurate" "it may be". The truth is, other than your original source, you don't know Nathan or Danny and you have know idea what kind of relationship they had. That is what is so ridiculous about this forum. Those of you that listen to 1 person or her friends as your source believe what they say over lot's of people that know the ones involved and therefore, don't have to speculate or assume. Your source has all kind of axes to grind and reasons for doing what they do, when many others, here, that know the people involved, know the things that happened, know who was wrong and who was right, and have no reason to say otherwise, are dismissed because they are not saying what the Linda supporters want to hear. Truth is, none of the people from 3abn, discussed on this forum, are anything like you paint them to be. That is what happens when many painting the picture don't know anyone involved and are going on gossip, innuendo and allegations. Mr. J was a perfect example on his assessment of Carol Shelton. He knows absolutely nothing about her, but he had her all figured out. Greg, you are smart enough to see the truth in what I say. Think it over.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 20 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]179565[/snapback]

Greg it would seem that you have joined the crowd here with assumptions instead of fact. You used the "if that is accurate" "it may be". The truth is, other than your original source, you don't know Nathan or Danny and you have know idea what kind of relationship they had. That is what is so ridiculous about this forum. Those of you that listen to 1 person or her friends as your source believe what they say over lot's of people that know the ones involved and therefore, don't have to speculate or assume. Your source has all kind of axes to grind and reasons for doing what they do, when many others, here, that know the people involved, know the things that happened, know who was wrong and who was right, and have no reason to say otherwise, are dismissed because they are not saying what the Linda supporters want to hear. Truth is, none of the people from 3abn, discussed on this forum, are anything like you paint them to be. That is what happens when many painting the picture don't know anyone involved and are going on gossip, innuendo and allegations. Mr. J was a perfect example on his assessment of Carol Shelton. He knows absolutely nothing about her, but he had her all figured out. Greg, you are smart enough to see the truth in what I say. Think it over.

Yes, I put "if" and "it may be" in there for a reason. You are correct. I gave a possible reason.

I will remind you that when the work of Danny's divorce first came out I contacted Dr. Thompson and asked him if Danny had divorced Linda. Dr. Thompson replied to the effect that he was not going to comment on a personal issue with Danny. Latter he informed me that he was not going to comment on anything that I asked him.

I do not fault him for that. He had that right.

But, that is a good example of how this has been mishandled from day one. When 3-ABN, and its official spokesperson will not comment on a matter that is a public record, it leaves people to with no recourse who attempt to find the truth. (I guess I just did fault him.)

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 20 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 20 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]179566[/snapback]

Yes, I put "if" and "it may be" in there for a reason. You are correct. I gave a possible reason.

I will remind you that when the work of Danny's divorce first came out I contacted Dr. Thompson and asked him if Danny had divorced Linda. Dr. Thompson replied to the effect that he was not going to comment on a personal issue with Danny. Latter he informed me that he was not going to comment on anything that I asked him.

I do not fault him for that. He had that right.

But, that is a good example of how this has been mishandled from day one. When 3-ABN, and its official spokesperson will not comment on a matter that is a public record, it leaves people to with no recourse who attempt to find the truth. (I guess I just did fault him.)

Greg, there is never an excuse for spreading false allegations because you have been given no information to the contrary.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 20 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #13

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]179565[/snapback]

Greg it would seem that you have joined the crowd here with assumptions instead of fact. You used the "if that is accurate" "it may be". The truth is, other than your original source, you don't know Nathan or Danny and you have know idea what kind of relationship they had. That is what is so ridiculous about this forum. Those of you that listen to 1 person or her friends as your source believe what they say over lot's of people that know the ones involved and therefore, don't have to speculate or assume. snip........

well we do know that it was Linda and not Danny who went to get treatment for the son..... the fact is that most men who are fathers would be the ones to get treatment for their son (step or otherwise) and not leave it to their wives to handle that..... Now maybe you would do what Danny did, but the men I know, would never do that....

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]179568[/snapback]

Greg, there is never an excuse for spreading false allegations because you have been given no information to the contrary.

It hasn't stopped you.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 20 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 20 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]179569[/snapback]

well we do know that it was Linda and not Danny who went to get treatment for the son..... the fact is that most men who are fathers would be the ones to get treatment for their son (step or otherwise) and not leave it to their wives to handle that..... Now maybe you would do what Danny did, but the men I know, would never do that....
It hasn't stopped you.....

Clay I have addressed sister, you answered, I have addressed Greg, you answered, Are you following me? Maybe I need to get a restraining order. roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 20 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #15

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]179589[/snapback]

Clay I have addressed sister, you answered, I have addressed Greg, you answered, Are you following me? Maybe I need to get a restraining order. roflmao.gif

no need to follow you.... your path is predictable.... we know where you are going.... just like the mistress of the house knew where her slavemaster hubby was sneaking away to in the middle of the night....

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church