Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12614&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:38:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could I Have Been A Victim Of Tommy Shelton?
Ralph
post Feb 21 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(PJMusic @ Feb 21 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]179867[/snapback]

I honestly don't know how to answer this.
------

You did a wonderful job of answering it. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I can only imagine what you are going through as you write. You mention the anger, the guilt and the hurt. I just wish we could talk and weep together.

I have no platitudes to offer. Like you, I find them hollow. Please continue to talk over these things.

You've heard it before, but I want to say it again, It's not your fault. It's not your fault . It's not your fault.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Feb 21 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

Dear PJMusic:

Please know that your musicality is truly a gift from God. Thank you for giving Tommy credit for how he helped you with it, but that in NO WAY makes you a part of his sins. And I, too, am very glad that you were spared the pain of physical abuse by Tommy. The emotional abuse you endured in feeling sorrow for your friends who went through it was traumatic enough. I do not blame you for not speaking out either to your parents or to your friends. Again, you are not responsible for what happened to them. The fault lie squarely in Tommy's lap.

I know how you feel. I was raped by a family member (not my father!) when I was nine years old and never said a word about it because I felt that maybe I was partly responsible for what happened. We were very poor at the time and he offered me candy if my memory serves me. I know now that this person was jealous of me from the time I was born and he took it out on me - he was very sly because he knew the trouble he would get in if the 'powers that be' found out what he was doing. He had been punished in the past and blamed me for it.

Now, a question for everybody else: In light of the Oprah Show today and the mention of the fear that is put into victims more often than not - What dire consequenses might Tommy have threatened those little boys with which allowed them to stay quiet - Oh, that's right! CAROL might KILL HERSELF and it will be YOUR FAULT! And there probably were other threats as well. . . .

Just a thought!

JT

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 21 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(PJMusic @ Feb 21 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]179867[/snapback]

I can no longer believe in the common phrases of "everything happens for a reason", or "God works in mysterious ways", and other little catchphrases that churches use to help try to ease suffering. It angers me that this is the best type of advice that I can ever hear. If I had a choice, I wish I never believed, but unfortunately I have to believe. The church and pastor I was in made sure of that.

PJMusic,
I can understand your bitterness and how what you have gone through has sullied your outlook on your past life experiences. The tendrils of sin touch far more than those in its immediate grip. The actions of the sinner are far reaching, far greater then the one committing the sin realizes or grasps. Satan understands this oh, so well and I imagine chortles with glee when one submits to his plans.

The common phrases you mentioned can feel not like words of encouragement but rather like attempts at minimizing the gravity of the experience or victimization. This is typical of the impotency of the denial that often surrounds situations such as this.

It certainly does not bring hope and healing to think that God would allow such things to happen for a reason! The truth is that Satan is behind all of this sin and suffering and hopelessness. The only silver lining I can offer, as one who was victimized, is that after sin has rampaged through your life due to the choices of one under Satan's spell, God can pick you up and help you to use the experience to benefit yourself and others.

There will come a point in Earth's history when all will see clearly the father of all lies and all suffering. And there will be no more of either!

hug.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 21 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #34

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

amen.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church