Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12742&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:59:34 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Condolences, for the Sheltons....
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 3 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

wwjd it was hard to lose them so close together, but my mom was 87 and had Alzhimers so her loss was really a relief, since we felt like she had left years ago. My father was 92 and was just miserable after my mom died so his suffering also ended. They both lived good long lives and they were both super dedicated Christians. The next thing they will see is Jesus, then each other. Death is really not all that bad for some. I praise Him every day that my parents are no longer suffering and are on a hill top about a mile away, awaiting His return.

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 2 2007, 11:20 PM) [snapback]181846[/snapback]

My point in saying it was 3 weeks ago was addressing the comment that all the DS supporters must be gone to the funereal or whatever it was that was said.

Richard, my heart indeed goes out to you. We might be on different sides on this thread but we are on the same side of the grief felt when we lose our parents. I can't imagine losing them a month apart. Only God could bring you through something like that. To me, death is the worst punishment of all for living on this earth. Thank God we know we will be united with our loved ones in the heavenly kingdom. I don't know how people that "don't believe" can make it through the deaths of their loved ones. A year and a half would seem like yesterday in the grief process. I will pray for you.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 3 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #17

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Whether a year and a half, seven, ten, or in my Grandmother's case over twenty years - grief is still grief to that person. When my Mother speak of her Mother she still will cry at times.... that's still grief and longing/missing.

Regardless of the timespan wwjd. Can we just pray for peace for the family? Can we just pray? Is this a time to justify being right?
sadwalk.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church