Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12754&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:53:18 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda Has Finally Updated Her Website, Check it out
Lee
post Mar 3 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 3 2007, 09:24 AM) [snapback]181902[/snapback]

Now if the church authorities would change their directives, that no church "take sides" by inviting Linda to their church..... and change them publicly enough so that even individuals within the church heirarchy would not have to consider that their "future" with the church as being dependent on their expressed attitude to what Danny thinks and wants..... THEN there might be some way that Linda could keep completely silent about the past and merely "get on with her life".

Do you think this statement about individuals within the church heirarchy is too strong? Let me assure you that I did not fabricate this from my own imagination.... neither did I get this from Linda or any of those who are publicly on Linda's "side". But I got it directly from conversations with church employees.... some on a very high level.... and the message was not only clear, but explicit and unequivocal..... that any one who was far enough from retirement to need to think of their future in the church would be putting that future in jeopardy if they spoke out either against Danny or for Linda.

The statements above I don't believe are correct Watchbird. How do I know that? We have a big Church--with many individuals in it. And we live in a free country. Linda can start up her own ministry within the Church with no problem. The GC would have no jurisdiction to stop her. And there are other ministries within the Church Linda could do--we always need missionaries and workers within the Church.

You imply that Church leadership doesn't dare take a side in this by speaking out freely. Well, Elder James Gilley is in Conference Leadership and yet he spoke right up on 3ABN quite freely just the other day. And many Conference pastors and those in leadership have been on 3ABN, supporting it and helping it. And most of them currently working in the GC, including Conference Presidents.

This post has been edited by Lee: Mar 3 2007, 09:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 3 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 3 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]181913[/snapback]

WB,

Until you present verifiable evidence that this has happened, not trumped up, manufactured, manipulated, or speculated at evidence . . . this has to be identified as a red herring presented by the Lindanites and has to put over to the side as something being used to just detract attention away from Linda's responsibility as the co-founder and one time VP of 3ABN. Maybe the book should provide admission for her role in many of the various issues presented here and on other sites on the Internet.

- FHB

FHB...... what can I say man.... asked you to do one thing, you've been duckin and dodging..... a simple way to test the climate to see if Linda was still be shunned.... ask the minister of your church if she would be allowed to speak..... and have you done that? You haven't said.... I suspect if you had and the pastor said no problem you would have rushed back here to tell us that she was not being blocked..... but you have returned with more of your drivel.... you my friend are "Full of it Human Being" you have joined the rest of the dannyclones.... no credibility..... have a good day sir.....

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 3 2007, 09:20 AM) [snapback]181914[/snapback]

The statements above I don't believe are correct Watchbird. How do I know that? We have a big Church--with many individuals in it. And we live in a free country. Linda can start up her own ministry within the Church with no problem. The GC would have no jurisdiction to stop her. And there are other ministries within the Church Linda could do--we always need missionaries and workers within the Church.

You imply that Church leadership doesn't dare take a side in this by speaking out freely. Well, Elder James Gilley is in Conference Leadership and yet he spoke right up on 3ABN quite freely just the other day. And many Conference pastors and those in leadership have been on 3ABN, supporting it and helping it.

Lee I challenge you as I have FHB, go ask your pastor if Linda would be or could be invited to speak in your church.... then report to us what he says.... quit typing nonsense and try that....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 3 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 3 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]181912[/snapback]

FHB... hadn't seen you in a while.... did you ever ask that question? Or did you opt not to....just curious.... it was a simple request..... what happened?

Clay,

I did. It is going to be taken to the church board for consideration.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 3 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Clay it is up to each individual Pastor and Church Board what they want to do. We DO still live in a country were we still have some freedoms to choose!

Just because one or two people have refused Linda doesn't mean the whole Church has! And if they choose not to--well, maybe it is time Linda changed her career - there are many things she could do within the Church, I am sure.

But writing a book about this whole 3ABN mess won't earn her any brownie points with many SDA's because it will look vindictive.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

scratchchin.gif

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 3 2007, 05:43 AM) [snapback]181888[/snapback]

I tend to agree FHB. Despite all the discussion here, most people, most Adventist don't care about a 3 year old messy divorce. Yeah, we know Linda, you have been hurt, your reputation sullied, lost your job, well stuff happens. Get over it, move on. You are in no position and have no leverage to demand evident of adultery. Now you are going to write a book on the ordeal, so the pity party continues.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 3 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 3 2007, 09:29 AM) [snapback]181922[/snapback]

Clay it is up to each individual Pastor and Church Board what they want to do. We DO still live in a country were we still have some freedoms to choose!

Just because one or two people have refused Linda doesn't mean the whole Church has! And if they choose not to--well, maybe it is time Linda changed her career - there are many things she could do within the Church, I am sure.

But writing a book about this whole 3ABN mess won't earn her any brownie points with many SDA's because it will look vindictive.

then go ask Lee... go ask your pastor if she could be invited.... and save all that other stupidness....

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 3 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]181919[/snapback]

Clay,

I did. It is going to be taken to the church board for consideration.

- FHB

do all invites go through the church board for consideration?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 3 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 2 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]181802[/snapback]

Maybe if she spent more time working on developing the ministry that she has "always desired to have" she would have achieved it by now. If she is in God's camp then He would help her over the hurdles and over all those "attempts to minimize her and keep her from ministry" (which of course is one of the red herrings that is played by the Lindanites).

She can do whatever she wants as long as her hand is clasped lightly in the hand of the Saviour. She can do nothing as long as all she attempts to do is to destroy the work of God. All she has to do is walk away from the vortex she helped create and focus on her relationship with her God and His leading in her life to minister to those she is lead by His guiding hand to minister to.

She can continue to whine and complain that she is being manipulated, that she is being stifled, but as I recall from my early childhood Sabbath school days and the words of my parents - nothing stops the Lord, nothing can tie the hands of God, nothing keeps us from doing his work. If she were about his work, nothing would stop her . . . unless of course man really is more powerful than God.

- FHB

FHB:

You certainly did not help your cause.

If you continue to post such, Danny will decrease in reputation.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 3 2007, 08:01 AM) [snapback]181910[/snapback]

DL,

What the book will do is line her pockets. As for Danny's "talk" he has been battered ad nauseum in regards to that here. When Linda "whines" and plays the victim card (which American's do to perfection these days) there are those who are going to give the good old "bootstraps" response.

- FHB

FHB:

How much monely have you earned by writting a book.

I doubt that Linda's pockets will be lined by sales from that book.

This post has been edited by Observer: Mar 3 2007, 09:59 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 3 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

After some thought about it, this is probably the way that most SDA Christians feel about this issue, in particular Black SDA Christians. I have spoken with (some with influence, some without) most either do not want to discuss it or have the same perception Calvin posted below.....because most of them see it as a trial, much like that we all face---at least I know I have: A person feels lied on or misrepresented, and has to deal with being "demoted" because of it. Some might even say that as a Christian, take it like the 3 Hebrew boys did....determine that if you have to "die" because of it, PTL.gif, but if God chooses He is able to restore.

Linda has the opportunity for restoration. She has a loyal, loving following.... PTL.gif especially because, not many women or men can come through such an ordeal with the ability to still minister....she can! No one is stopping her, but herself.

If it were me, I would see as an opportunty to launch a full-time independent ministry, and allow God to take it and me to it's fullest potential. smile.gif

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 3 2007, 07:48 AM) [snapback]181893[/snapback]

She can tell her story all she wants to. I won’t be buying the book. Someone said “The best revenge is living well” and I would add to that living in God’s grace and love.,,,and also praying that His will be done in our lives.

I could have miss-spoke, I don’t know Linda personally to know the amount of effort she is putting into clearing her name and telling her side of the story. But it appears to me her time would be better spent perusing here music ministry that writing a book.

Yall have admonished Danny for not taking the high road in this ordeal with his ex-wife and business partner. Well now that the gag order on Linda has been lifted and she can speak freely doesn’t mean that she has too, as some here seem to be waiting with baited breath to hear. IMO, the best thing she can to do to repair her image is to let God use the spirit gifts she has to reach others and tell of the good news of Jesus Christ.

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 3 2007, 05:43 AM) [snapback]181888[/snapback]

I tend to agree FHB. Despite all the discussion here, most people, most Adventist don't care about a 3 year old messy divorce. Yeah, we know Linda, you have been hurt, your reputation sullied, lost your job, well stuff happens. Get over it, move on. You are in no position and have no leverage to demand evident of adultery. Now you are going to write a book on the ordeal, so the pity party continues.

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Mar 3 2007, 10:24 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 3 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Clay, why thank you for the compliment--I've never been called "stupid" before! But it seems I've heard somewhere it "takes one to know one" right? thankyou.gif

PS: let me save you the time and say "whateva...." roflmao.gif

This post has been edited by Lee: Mar 3 2007, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 3 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Way to go Lee, in trying to dispute WB you have just proved her point. All the conference people are lined up behind Danny and 3abn.

Within the SDA church these days I don't see how anyone can start a singing ministry without being on 3abn or the Hope Channel. My guess is that the Hope channel will not be inviting Linda to sing anytime soon. I hope I'm proved wrong. And we already know what 3abn think of Linda.

Richard

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 3 2007, 10:20 AM) [snapback]181914[/snapback]

You imply that Church leadership doesn't dare take a side in this by speaking out freely. Well, Elder James Gilley is in Conference Leadership and yet he spoke right up on 3ABN quite freely just the other day. And many Conference pastors and those in leadership have been on 3ABN, supporting it and helping it. And most of them currently working in the GC, including Conference Presidents.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 3 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 3 2007, 10:35 AM) [snapback]181944[/snapback]

Clay, why thank you for the compliment--I've never been called "stupid" before! But it seems I've heard somewhere it "takes one to know one" right? thankyou.gif

nope... not at all, your posts can contain stupidness without you being stupid... most people would be able to tell the difference.... you can save the foolishness too....

--------------------

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 3 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin)
All the conference people are lined up behind Danny and 3abn.

There may be a very good reason for that, Richard--if you get my drift.

(The GC μπορώ θέλω αγοράζω 3abn)

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 3 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 3 2007, 08:20 AM) [snapback]181914[/snapback]

Lee,

Yes, Elder James Gilley spoke quite freely on 3abn a week ago Thursday. Did you notice how he didn't say anything against Danny? His position is still secure, just a WB pointed out. Now, if he had been outspoken for Linda, the program would probably have never aired. Of course, who knows what would have happened to his Conference position. No way to tell now.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 3 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Like I said, Lees proved WB's point, the very point she was trying to dispute! These people just never learn how much they are hurting their cause by posting on here.

Richard

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 3 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]181958[/snapback]

Lee,

Yes, Elder James Gilley spoke quite freely on 3abn a week ago Thursday. Did you notice how he didn't say anything against Danny? His position is still secure, just a WB pointed out. Now, if he had been outspoken for Linda, the program would probably have never aired. Of course, who knows what would have happened to his Conference position. No way to tell now.

PB

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 3 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 3 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]181934[/snapback]

....do all invites go through the church board for consideration?

Yup, standard process at our church.

- FHB

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 3 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]181937[/snapback]

FHB:
If you continue to post such, Danny will decrease in reputation.
FHB:

How much monely have you earned by writting a book.

I doubt that Linda's pockets will be lined by sales from that book.

Ob,

On point one, these are my words, my opinions and unless you are accusing me of being Danny I can't see why my words cause Danny any "decrease in reputation." And, if this is the case, when the allegations are proven to have originated from Linda and proven false what will happen to her reputation?

As to the second point, I'll tell you when I have written my first book. In the mean time since you are so close to Linda and are probably privy to her book deal, maybe you can tell us what the royalties will be on each book - then again maybe she will get the printing and marketing donated and she can self publish and get all the profits.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church