Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12871&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:32 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Expanding Coverage Areas And Success At Shiloh!
watchbird
post Mar 11 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 11 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]184537[/snapback]

rofl1.gif as I was writing that I was thinking the same thing.

I really don't know how to do it. I support 3abn with my prayers but would never support it with my money as long as Danny is at the helm. Hope TV, yes.

No matter how valuable or elegant the glove... one cannot support the glove without supporting the hand that is in it. So long as Danny and 3abn are one entity then it is hardly consistent to be giving prayer support on the one hand and withholding financial support on the other hand. It is when we are consistent in our prayers and our work that God can step forward and act.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 11 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 11 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]184546[/snapback]

Divine favor from God is not humanly subjective....in other words it won't make sense to mortals for "[God's] My ways are not your ways, and my thoughts are not your thoughts".

Perhaps a question that some may place before God in prayer is why does He continue to bless it....and wait for His response.

The Psalmist had a problem with this very concept.... as to why the wicked continued to prosper. He found his answer when he stepped into the Sanctuary and understood their final end.

The souls under the altar express a similar concern in their prayer... "How long, O Lord, How long".... in that context, how long before God would avenge those who had done wicked things to them. We who now "wait for His response" keep our trust "stayed upon Him" in view of these two opposite but similar concepts and questions.... why does God allow the wicked to prosper and why does God not speedily bring them to justice.

We already, in these months now stretching into years in which we have learned more and more about the interior workings of 3ABN, have seen some glimpses as to why God has delayed this long. For had He acted promptly we might never have realized many of the hidden things which have come to light... some only in the past few months. So, knowing this to be one reason why He has delayed, our faith is strengthened to believe that He also has ample reason for delaying longer, and we wait patiently for Him to act.... at the same time that we work diligently at whatever task He points us to, trusting Him to use it to accomplish His purposes.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 11 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

I think the whole idea of another 10 Commandment weekend is a bit perilous right now. Some people sound so worked up, it would be easy to imagine someone holding a picket sign that reads, "Danny, please keep the 10 Commandments!" And that would attract media attention.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 11 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 11 2007, 07:53 AM) [snapback]184532[/snapback]

I think we can support the ministry of 3abn without supporting the leadership. Danny needs to step down now, however 3abn needs to go forward taking the message to the world. It's definitely a tight rope situation.

I can not and will not support this ministry. I care about the people it reaches, they will be reached one way or another as they are God's children. God has his hand on each one, just like on the rest of the people on this planet. The means He uses is up to Him. He is God and has a million ways to communicate. I won't support this supposed 3abn ministry as long as I know who and how it's being run. Simple. If and when that changes, then it becomes a different situation.

I hate to sound negative, so I have withheld my comments on WWJD's "approach" in starting this thread, but I will just say (IMO) that it is a form of propaganda, minipulation and distraction, and that is all. I can see what's really being potrayed and played out in the statement.

Shred me if you like.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Mar 11 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 11 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]184553[/snapback]

Shred me if you like.

Why should anyone shred you? Aren't all writers Christians?

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 11 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ralph @ Mar 11 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]184558[/snapback]

Why should anyone shred you? Aren't all writers Christians?

roflmao.gif

I was predicting the future of some posters replys.... dunno.gif

Some things are inevitable. It is what it is.

God is good. He is in control, even of this ugly situation. What could be more comforting?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 11 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 11 2007, 09:17 AM) [snapback]184547[/snapback]

No matter how valuable or elegant the glove... one cannot support the glove without supporting the hand that is in it. So long as Danny and 3abn are one entity then it is hardly consistent to be giving prayer support on the one hand and withholding financial support on the other hand. It is when we are consistent in our prayers and our work that God can step forward and act.

In my past I made a decision about a relationship that my parents could not support. They withdrew all financial support from me but continued to support me with their prayers. Although it was a traumatic period in my life I appreciated the fact that they were acting on a principle that they strongly believed.

While the evidence is piling up that Danny and others in leadership positions at 3abn have made many inappropriate and devastating choices that have negatively impacted numerous lives, I believe that the ministry that God raised up still has at least a tenuous attachment to the Vine and is still producing some precious, good fruit among the rotten ones.

God knows and has His own timetable for 3abn. He knows every good and wicked thing that is and has been done there. He knows the hearts of each person involved in the ministry - from volunteers to employees, to leadership - and knows how best to deal with each one.

I believe it is appropriate to continue to pray for the ministry of 3abn, that God will clean out the rot, will trim the sickly branch and restore it to vibrant health. I also continue to pray for the souls that have been damaged by the sinful choices of those in leadership as well as the souls of those leaders who remain in Satan's clutches.

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 11 2007, 09:29 AM) [snapback]184548[/snapback]

The Psalmist had a problem with this very concept.... as to why the wicked continued to prosper. He found his answer when he stepped into the Sanctuary and understood their final end.

The souls under the altar express a similar concern in their prayer... "How long, O Lord, How long".... in that context, how long before God would avenge those who had done wicked things to them. We who now "wait for His response" keep our trust "stayed upon Him" in view of these two opposite but similar concepts and questions.... why does God allow the wicked to prosper and why does God not speedily bring them to justice.

We already, in these months now stretching into years in which we have learned more and more about the interior workings of 3ABN, have seen some glimpses as to why God has delayed this long. For had He acted promptly we might never have realized many of the hidden things which have come to light... some only in the past few months. So, knowing this to be one reason why He has delayed, our faith is strengthened to believe that He also has ample reason for delaying longer, and we wait patiently for Him to act.... at the same time that we work diligently at whatever task He points us to, trusting Him to use it to accomplish His purposes.

This is an excellent point! I hope the message can get through to the ones who need to hear it most.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 11 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]184553[/snapback]

I can not and will not support this ministry. I care about the people it reaches, they will be reached one way or another as they are God's children. God has his hand on each one, just like on the rest of the people on this planet. The means He uses is up to Him. He is God and has a million ways to communicate. I won't support this supposed 3abn ministry as long as I know who and how it's being run. Simple. If and when that changes, then it becomes a different situation.

I hate to sound negative, so I have withheld my comments on WWJD's "approach" in starting this thread, but I will just say (IMO) that it is a form of propaganda, minipulation and distraction, and that is all. I can see what's really being potrayed and played out in the statement.
Shred me if you like.

sonshineonme,

I agree that this thread was started as a form of propaganda. I think everyone who has their eyes open can see that. It is just my position that good can still come out of 3abn.

I am reminded of the testimony of Ivor Myers. As he and others drank and abused substances one Friday evening, a fellow partier, who had been raised SDA, shared thoughts from the Bible and The Great Controversy. They began throwing copies of the book out to the crowds during their rap concerts and eventually their journey evolved to where they were actually hearing God's voice and following the truth. One day we will know if any of the concert-goers joined that journey. One day we will all know how many came to Jesus by the 10 Commandments Meetings.

BTJMO

PB

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Mar 11 2007, 12:53 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 11 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 11 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]184546[/snapback]

Divine favor from God is not humanly subjective....in other words it won't make sense to mortals for "[God's] My ways are not your ways, and my thoughts are not your thoughts".

Perhaps a question that some may place before God in prayer is why does He continue to bless it....and wait for His response.

God has not stated 3ABN was favored...divinely or otherwise. The lesson of Solomon's temple is that to the less than discerning, there may still seem to be the same grandeur long after God's glory has departed.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 11 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 11 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]184562[/snapback]

God has not stated 3ABN was favored...divinely or otherwise. The lesson of Solomon's temple is that to the less than discerning, there may still seem to be the same grandeur long after God's glory has departed.

In His service,
Mr. J

True.

However, those folks who are walking into SoulEspresso's church and other SDA churches after hearing the message on 3abn have a very good chance of growing into strong followers of God.

PB

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Mar 11 2007, 12:56 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 11 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 11 2007, 01:55 PM) [snapback]184564[/snapback]

True.

However, those folks who are walking into SoulEspresso's church and other SDA churches after hearing the message on 3abn have a very good chance of growing into strong followers of God.

PB

totally irrelevant... that still does not mean 3ABN is in any wise 'favored'... as Paul notes in 1Cor 9:27; one can preach the gospel to others while he himself is 'cast away'...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 11 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 11 2007, 12:10 PM) [snapback]184565[/snapback]

totally irrelevant... that still does not mean 3ABN is in any wise 'favored'... as Paul notes in 1Cor 9:27; one can preach the gospel to others while he himself is 'cast away'...

In His service,
Mr. J

I agree. What I said does not have anything to do with whether or not 3abn is being favored.

I was just adding on to your thoughts a similar sentiment as 1 Corinthians 9:27. Donations, souls and opening doors do not necessarily mean the ministry is blessed by God. That there are still being souls reached may only demonstrate that God is still is reaching souls in spite of those in charge.

If it is not cleansed of evil and rot that fruit will become less and less until the branch will completely fail.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 11 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 11 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]184567[/snapback]

I agree. What I said does not have anything to do with whether or not 3abn is being favored.

I was just adding on to your thoughts a similar sentiment as 1 Corinthians 9:27. Donations, souls and opening doors do not necessarily mean the ministry is blessed by God. That there are still being souls reached may only demonstrate that God is still is reaching souls in spite of those in charge.

If it is not cleansed of evil and rot that fruit will become less and less until the branch will completely fail.

PB

On this we are agreed yes.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 11 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 11 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]184560[/snapback]

sonshineonme,

I agree that this thread was started as a form of propaganda. I think everyone who has their eyes open can see that. It is just my position that good can still come out of 3abn.

PB

Second that - very well said, PB... yes.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 11 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #29

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 11 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]184567[/snapback]

...If it is not cleansed of evil and rot that fruit will become less and less until the branch will completely fail.

True dat!
yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 11 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 11 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]184569[/snapback]

Second that - very well said, PB... yes.gif

God has and is using many things...that's the point. This is just a thing. He is not limited. Whatever works. OTOH, I do believe that God uses things for many reasons too, maybe not what we think He is using it for. dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church