Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13443&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:02:57 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Rosie Lies Of 26th April 2007, 02:08 Pm Allowed On Cf, not all forums are created equal
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(tall73 @ Sep 11 2007, 08:02 AM) *
Actually she is quite questionable if you mean in doctrinal ways. She is turned off on the church right now, though she wasn't when you were regularly posting there.

As to backing a husband, ah well, I hardly call that a bad trait.

If you are speaking of moderation calls then I am pretty sure she did not participate in any reports on me. But if she did you had access to the CF appeals system where it could be heard by an independent party, as did all the others here who are complaining.
Finally I rather think folks on CF would disagree that I took Danny's side early on. But I think you are referring to my comments about Linda saying that a pregnancy test was a joke. I still think that was a very hard story to believe, true or not. You don't have to be pro-Danny to see problems with that story.

well Tall as I said back in April, I rather like you and your wife, and think you guys did well considering what you were faced with..... spoton.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tall73
post Sep 11 2007, 08:01 AM
Post #47

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,732

QUOTE(lurker @ Sep 11 2007, 08:55 AM) *
Tall, What is the IJ?

Investigative judgment, which is a part of the sanctuary teaching.

+Quote Post
tall73
post Sep 11 2007, 08:01 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 1,732

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 08:55 AM) *
well Tall as I said back in April, I rather like you and your wife, and think you guys did well considering what you were faced with..... spoton.gif

Thanks for the support Clay.

Glad you have been around at CF more lately.

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Sep 11 2007, 08:05 AM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

QUOTE(tall73 @ Sep 11 2007, 09:02 AM) *
Finally I rather think folks on CF would disagree that I took Danny's side early on. But I think you are referring to my comments about Linda saying that a pregnancy test was a joke. I still think that was a very hard story to believe, true or not. You don't have to be pro-Danny to see problems with that story.

Why would Linda put a pregnancy kit where her husband could find it, as Danny's reaction says, she and her husband were not having relations?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Statrei @ Sep 11 2007, 09:05 AM) *
Why would Linda put a pregnancy kit where her husband could find it, as Danny's reaction says, she and her husband were not having relations?

thumbing her nose at authority?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Sep 11 2007, 08:42 AM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Statrei @ Sep 11 2007, 10:05 AM) *

Not everyone understands my attempts at humor and I know I sure don't always find the same things funny as others. For that reason if those who know Linda claim this was an attempt at humor on her part I have no problem accepting that explanation.

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 11 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Sep 11 2007, 08:42 AM) *
Not everyone understands my attempts at humor and I know I sure don't always find the same things funny as others. For that reason if those who know Linda claim this was an attempt at humor on her part I have no problem accepting that explanation.

Speaking about myself: My wife tells me that I have a sense of humor that others do not see as funny, at times. In addition, there are times when I do dumb things, and pay a consequence.

Speaking about Linda: There have been times when she has done something that was not carefully considered before doing it.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 11 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(tall73 @ Sep 11 2007, 10:01 AM) *
Investigative judgment, which is a part of the sanctuary teaching.

Given the concept of "present truth" that this church is supposed to embrace, there should be room enough for your position (whatever that position may end up being as you continue to seek truth) without your having to leave from under the umbrella of Adventism... we are not the RCC... even though there is a propensity in some aspects of Adventism to do a really good RCC imitation... there can be no mandatory monolithic thought... not ever for ministers... and as the discussions we've seen here and in other forae where one is not required to toe the party line on EGW, IJ and other points of Adventist doctrine demonstrate, church theologians are all over the map... and still remain not only as members but as clergy and church administrators.

Tall, there's "plenty good room" for you... doubts, questions, concerns and all.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 09:31 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 4,362

I was just made aware of this thread. This all happened some time ago now, but I feel that I need to set the record straight on a few things.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 30 2007, 01:42 PM) *
She isn't even questionable; she is the wife of tall73 who is an SDA pastor who took Danny's side very early on and she tends to back her husband like Sapphira did Ananias...

There couldn't be a lesson in that, could there?

In His service,
Mr. J

Please don't make judgments about me when you don't even know me. You haven't been to CF regularly for a long, long time.

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Sep 11 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Sep 11 2007, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 11 2007, 10:02 AM) *
Speaking about myself: My wife tells me that I have a sense of humor that others do not see as funny, at times. In addition, there are times when I do dumb things, and pay a consequence.

Speaking about Linda: There have been times when she has done something that was not carefully considered before doing it.

Observer/NW, I think you both make good points. Many months ago when this was a huge hot topic, I remember thinking that the two most likely explanations of this incident involved the sharpness of the tools in the shed or a calculated attempt to escalate what was already a bad situation in the marriage.

I'm now not sure it's fair to try to impute motives for either party. I know that I certainly wouldn't want any number of silly things I've done in life scrutinized at this level. Is it possible that this incident along with a host of others hotly debated here and elsewhere, are really not appropriate to discuss?

-bear

This post has been edited by YogusBearus: Sep 11 2007, 09:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 11 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I would just say that at that point, they both might have been at a place where they were saying and doing things that made no sense out of hurt and anger. At the very basis of this whole matter is a marriage gone bad, unfortunately, for whatever reason. There is probably alot done and said that few outside the marriage will understand. EVen those involved have a hard time understadining how they got to that point. I may be wrong, but I dont' think so.

QUOTE(Statrei @ Sep 11 2007, 07:05 AM) *

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #57

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 30 2007, 01:58 PM) *
well, turns out, she (sophia7, tall73's wife) is the one that deleted TMs thread. i have had several conversations with her and her husband and if they were more "watered-down" they would drown. in my dealings with the mods over at CF, it appears that they only respond if you complain. in fact that is what they have told me. just today sophia7 told me they don't have time to read every thread so they can only respond if someone makes a complaint so that is what i needed to do. i wrote them back and said "the opponents of Rosie55 and tomatoe are not cry-babies that run to momma if someone gives back what they dish out. i told her we don't believe in those hit and run tactics. "
not meaning to sound self-righteous or judgemental, but, it's truly sad how many unconverted souls are in the churches and even getting paid!!
i was thinking about that this morning while thinking about our church wondering why there is no growth. i imagined myself preaching to the church and saying, "there are so many lost souls out there...........and there are many in here as well". let's get those in here right with God before we go trying to bring anybody else in. it's amazing to think how many people forget "God is watching".

You can believe what you like, but just for the record, it's true that the mods at CF don't have time to read every thread. They rely on reports from members to let them know when people spot rule violations.

Also, I don't appreciate being called an "unconverted soul." Please refrain from judging the state of my salvation and my husband's.

This post has been edited by SOPHIA7: Sep 11 2007, 09:39 AM

+Quote Post
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #58

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 30 2007, 07:29 PM) *
I rather like Sophia and Tall.... watered down, whatever does that mean? not everyone can be (or needs to be) a rabid sda..... dunno.gif

Thank you, Clay. smile.gif

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Sep 11 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(SOPHIA7 @ Sep 11 2007, 10:38 AM) *
You can believe what you like, but just for the record, it's true that the mods at CF don't have time to read every thread. They rely on reports from members to let them know when people spot rule violations.

Also, I don't appreciate being called an "unconverted soul." Please refrain from judging the state of my salvation and my husband's.

Welcome Sophia! In this particular case you might want to apply the "shut door" approach to the criticism (shut the door and forget about it).

I think you will find that generally the discussion here is fairly enlightened and we try to be tolerant of each other's views, regardless of how misguided they might be. Case in point, they haven’t thrown me out yet. Yes, we do have some extreme positions but that is to be expected.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 10:08 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ May 1 2007, 01:06 PM) *
Yes, I am also disappointed in the moderation being done over at CF.

They closed down the 3AVBN Continued (2) topic. As I was the originator of that topic, I received a PM saying it was closed while under staff review. That was several days now. Upon discovery of the closed thread, I replied to the PM, but didn't even receive a courtesy reply, therefore, I PMed another person there today, and am now waiting to see what kind of a reply, if any, I will receive.

Here is what I actually said in my first PM in response to the closed thread message:
I didn't ask a question, however, what I did say deserved a response, don't you think?

I'm disappointed in you, Daryl. I see that you were quick to judge me, too, and to come over here and complain about it. The PM that you got notifying you of the thread closure was an automatic PM sent by the system. That happens every time a thread is closed there.

Staff protocol at the time directed us to close threads when they became so contentious that we were getting too many reports to handle in a timely fashion. Those 3ABN threads were so fast-paced that we couldn't keep up with all of the posts and the reports. Threads also were often shut down permanently for this reason, if too many edits and post deletes would have been required in order to clean things up. Many people disagreed with such protocols, but that was the way the old system worked. We kept those threads open as long as we could deal with all of the reports, but they became overwhelming, and we were short-staffed. There was no theological bias involved, whatever some may think.

Also, I did respond to your PMs several times, but you failed to mention that here. You may not have liked my answers, but don't misrepresent me. It was a busy time, and I couldn't reply to everyone as quickly as they expected, nor was I obligated to.

The CF (or Foru.ms) system is different now, and you have been elected a mod in the SDA forum. You also have a part in making the new rules. I didn't have that option when I was a mod in the SDA forum. I had to follow the rules and protocols that were in place then. I did so even though I disagreed with some of them, and I did so fairly, regardless of whether I agreed with anyone's theological beliefs. I wish those who disagree with my theological beliefs would give me the courtesy of not making biased judgments against me. Your statements here really make me question whether you will be fair as a mod toward those who disagree with you because you are reading a bias into my actions where none exists. I hope I am wrong in this concern. Nevertheless, I am disappointed in you for being respectful to me over there and then coming over here and bad-mouthing me behind my back.

This post has been edited by SOPHIA7: Sep 11 2007, 10:10 AM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:02 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church