Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13535&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:41 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News Release From Amazing Facts---4-25-07
summertime
post May 24 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 24 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]196725[/snapback]

Wow!! I sure hope the AF board has more clout than the 3ABN board ... if it does, we may see some change after all.
Today, in the mail, I received a program bulletin from 3ABN for the month of June. I am still receiving these even though I discontinued my contributions to 3ABN a long time ago. On the front cover I see Pastor Batchelor and Dan SHelton In a warm, closely united handshake. The picture made my blood turn cold. How in the world Pastor B. can have this picture gracing (or disgracing) the 3ABN bulletin with the full knowledge of what has been going on at 3ABN is beyond me. I have turned my satelitte station to listen to everthing that DB has to say about anything because I trusted him fully. Obviously, the picture speaks for itself and it makes me sad. I pray that the Lord will intervene in whatever way He can to aid in the world evangelism without letting so many wrongs being swept under the rug. I hope and pray that there is more to all this merger in a way that will serve the Lord than has been apparent to me today.

'summertime'
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 24 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(summertime @ May 24 2007, 04:54 PM) [snapback]196729[/snapback]

Today, in the mail, I received a program bulletin from 3ABN for the month of June. I am still receiving these even though I discontinued my contributions to 3ABN a long time ago. On the front cover I see Pastor Batchelor and Dan SHelton In a warm, closely united handshake. The picture made my blood turn cold. How in the world Pastor B. can have this picture gracing (or disgracing) the 3ABN bulletin with the full knowledge of what has been going on at 3ABN is beyond me. I have turned my satelitte station to listen to everthing that DB has to say about anything because I trusted him fully. Obviously, the picture speaks for itself and it makes me sad. I pray that the Lord will intervene in whatever way He can to aid in the world evangelism without letting so many wrongs being swept under the rug. I hope and pray that there is more to all this merger in a way that will serve the Lord than has been apparent to me today.

I took it completely differently, especially in light of Elder Pederson's comments posted by NW. I thought Doug looked like he just took over the world, has tucked in his napkin and is reaching for a fork (not intended as a slam btw); Danny looks relieved. dunno.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 25 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

NW, thanks so much for taking the time to post all that info. It was very encouraging to see that "someone" in authority over at AF is willing to discuss these issues and is actually being careful and wise and also seemingly open and honest in his correspondences. that's refreshing. thanks again, Mo

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 25 2007, 04:23 AM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(summertime @ May 25 2007, 01:54 AM) [snapback]196729[/snapback]

'summertime'

I also received some interesting information. I hope it is true, but it is not yet verified. It says that Doug B has apologized to his board. . . making statements before approved by the board. Therefore I will merely apply that as meaning we must not jump to conclusions too soon.

That picture you mentioned might not be approved. . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
maggiecttr
post May 25 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 3,067

QUOTE(Johann @ May 25 2007, 06:23 AM) [snapback]196764[/snapback]

I also received some interesting information. I hope it is true, but it is not yet verified. It says that Doug B has apologized to his board. . . making statements before approved by the board. Therefore I will merely apply that as meaning we must not jump to conclusions too soon.

That picture you mentioned might not be approved. . .

This morning, I finally sat down to watch the opening night (Weds.night) of 3abn's spring campmeeting which I had taped. I was dozing off, as I tend to do during the music, then snapped awake as I heard the following, herewith transcribed:

(Walter Thompson & Danny on stage)

Danny: " We're still facing challenges -- We'll be honest with you--there's [sic] a lot of challenges going on, but if we aren't facing challenges, something's wrong. Am I right?"

Walt, interjecting: "And, we haven't given up on our merger with Amazing Facts yet, either -- that's moving forward and (pause) keep it in your prayers."

Danny: "Yeah. We're working to merge it -- Did any of you (addressing the audience) hear about the merger? (looking for a show of hands---very few people that were on camera raised their hands) OK--some of you have, and some of you haven't. We're looking at merging with Amazing Facts, and..uh....all we know how to do is announce it to you all to pray about it. There's [sic] a lot of extenuating circumstances -- a lot of things that have to be looked at legally, and looked at contractually. But spiritually, we see a lot of things we have in common (then some talk about AF's school of evangelism, 3abn's satellite capabilities), so you be praying ; if it's the Lord's will, we're going to do this. If, for some reason, it isn't, then we're still gonna be friends, we're still gonna work together every way we can, because we support Doug Batchelor and Amazing Facts; they'll still support 3abn...but right now, it's up--we want you all to pray about it, that...that the Lord's will be done. (He they quickly changed the subject to the 10 Commandments Weekend.)

Blessings,
Maggie

+Quote Post
IMM
post May 25 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 1,938

Hmmm...

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post May 25 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(maggiecttr @ May 25 2007, 10:16 AM) [snapback]196790[/snapback]

Walt, interjecting: "And, we haven't given up on our merger with Amazing Facts yet, either -- that's moving forward and (pause) keep it in your prayers."

"haven't given up on"---what a fascinating choice of words! For something that was announced with much fanfair as pretty much a sure thing just a few weeks ago.... uhm.gif

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 25 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ May 25 2007, 09:22 AM) [snapback]196795[/snapback]

"haven't given up on"---what a fascinating choice of words! For something that was announced with much fanfair as pretty much a sure thing just a few weeks ago.... uhm.gif

shepherdswife

I thought so also.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Grith
post May 25 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 3,399

QUOTE(Observer @ May 25 2007, 11:46 AM) [snapback]196798[/snapback]

I thought so also.
I'll second that. What seemed like such a sure thing just a month ago must not be looking quite so sure now.

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 25 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

If you listen closely to the words, and put that together with certain mannerisms, I think you'll find a gifted con artist. Language is the scenery along the path to the banks of the Dollar River, right? Or was that the river Sham? (just kidding with the "right" language--it was borrowed from my favorite artist)

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
maggiecttr
post May 25 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 3,067

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ May 25 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]196802[/snapback]

If you listen closely to the words, and put that together with certain mannerisms, I think you'll find a gifted con artist. Language is the scenery along the path to the banks of the Dollar River, right? Or was that the river Sham? (just kidding with the "right" language--it was borrowed from my favorite artist)

Also, during that same program (Opening Night 3abn Spring Campmeeting '07), I transcribed the following regarding the downturn in giving to 3abn:

Danny: "When we lost the Sky Angel group---about, probably 50,000 homes---our monthly donations went way down. Out of sight, out of mind, as they say..."
Hmmm...

Maggie

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 25 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(maggiecttr @ May 25 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]196806[/snapback]

Also, during that same program (Opening Night 3abn Spring Campmeeting '07), I transcribed the following regarding the downturn in giving to 3abn:

Danny: "When we lost the Sky Angel group---about, probably 50,000 homes---our monthly donations went way down. Out of sight, out of mind, as they say..."
Hmmm...

Maggie

if the gospel you preach includes asking for money... it ain't the gospel.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 25 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(maggiecttr @ May 25 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]196806[/snapback]

Hmmm...

Maggie

Somehow, I don't think he wanted anyone to think about other possibilities donations might be down. I suppose you could say if some were not able to watch it, it might have dropped a bit, but if you have been faithfully giving, and suddenly the ministry you have been giving too is swept away from the channel you watch it on, but you are still receiving those magazines and "donation" envelopes, I don't think it's really out of mind at all...but, ds didn't bother telling you that he makes sure to remind people he is still there and still needs money. He just isn't one to say "oh well".

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 25 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Maggie...have you noticed the big push for "monthy" regular donations in the last few months? I hear it a lot, from a lot of different people on 3abn. It's come down to this: $5, $10, $50...whatever you have. These are the last days.... (over and over and over and over). I'm kinda getting tired of it.

In the beginning, I think they started out with good intentions, and had the right spirit, I just don't think they realized how successful the donation/wills/trust agreements could ever become. The temptation may have just become too great. Tying donations in with a TV ministry, and appeals built on a conservative foundation of the last days....almost stealing the light from the regular church system of ministering, and right in the face of older, richer, conservative SDA's that are retired and watching TV all day. Mix in a little music (as the organ plays softly now), and add a little WW bread cooking programs, and you've got quite a combination. And, stardom will (may?) keep the players loyal.

The church has a system of responsibility with money, but in the hands of an independent ____ ____ _______, red flags begin to fly everywhere. Even a marriage can fall apart. And recovery can often become so dismal, like one step forward, two steps back...repositioning for a better hold.

Clay, looking on, we all understand what all was meant when Christ separated himself, and his disciples, from the mamon of unrighteousness. But, when you're a receiving participant, you can rationalize it away so easy...a thousand ways. Money. It can do away with so many inconveniences, yet build such huge problems.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 25 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

I wasn't in front of the tv screen during the opening campmeeting and have not had the chance to watch it ever since for one reason or another so the remarks above have been very enlightning. Thank you family notworthy.gif

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: May 25 2007, 11:28 AM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church