Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13724&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:32:07 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Gaj A Scrutator?
Who is a scrutator?
Check those you believe to be a scrutator.
Gailon Joy [ 8 ] ** [47.06%]
Bob Pickle [ 5 ] ** [29.41%]
Fran [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Kay Kuzma [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Dr. Walter Thompson [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
The Pink Panther [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Doug Batchelor [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Skyhook
post Jun 5 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jun 5 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]198484[/snapback]

I plead ignorance Gregory. Would you enlighten me to the meaning of "Scrutator" please?
Lexie

Watchbird is correct. Here are a couple of examples of old English usage. "Master Camden, a singular scrutator of antiquities." (1676) "The very disquisitation concerning any one part of the brain, the eye, the nerves, the blood hath preplexed the most exact scrutators." (1593)

Oxford English Dictionary
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 5 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

spoton.gif rofl1.gif that's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat discrrrrrrrrrrrrrrizitaytin' laddy.

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 5 2007, 10:57 PM) [snapback]198527[/snapback]

Watchbird is correct. Here are a couple of examples of old English usage. "Master Camden, a singular scrutator of antiquities." (1676) "The very disquisitation concerning any one part of the brain, the eye, the nerves, the blood hath preplexed the most exact scrutators." (1593)

Oxford English Dictionary

This post has been edited by mozart: Jun 8 2007, 10:09 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Jun 8 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(roxe @ Jun 4 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]198351[/snapback]

rofl1.gif
i love your joke about it, duane...

(screw-tator)

i really like deliberately mispronouncing words... specially french ones...
and no, i have no idea how to pronounce scrutator... haven't looked it up... yet...

so i for one can understand why you said "spiral snacks"...
cuz till i read your post, i hadn't even TRIED to pronounce it... giggle.gif

So, are you saying that you like French Scrutators?

I believe they serve them at Arby's. I find them very appeeling.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jun 8 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Jun 8 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]198958[/snapback]

So, are you saying that you like French Scrutators?

I believe they serve them at Arby's. I find them very appeeling.

sure and
russian, danish, italian, austrian.... but not islamic or babylonian giggle.gif

+Quote Post
steffan
post Jun 11 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(roxe @ Jun 8 2007, 11:32 PM) [snapback]199050[/snapback]

sure and
russian, danish, italian, austrian.... but not islamic or babylonian giggle.gif

John A is no friend of 3ABN and yet he seems to have suffered at the hands of GJ.

http://www.atomorrow.com/discus/messages/1...html?1181145027

John Alfke (John8verse32)
Username: John8verse32

Post Number: 2818

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 3, 2007 - 8:21 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"shower"??? ha!!! I took a 14,000$ "bath" from the originator of that save3abn web site.... I rented him property, he failed to pay and caused lost rent and damages to the place. I found out later that this same individual had done similar to 4 previous landlords after I finally (and belatedly) found and talked to them.

moral of the story?

trust, but verify!!!
especially from "bretheren", and
especially from folks who love to divert your attention with long talks about the good they do, how they love SisterWhite, how they put their tithe to use.....

get references from PREVIOUS landlords, not the current one who may quietly hide pertinent info in order to get a bad tenant out!!!

dont believe everything people "tell" you, especially when they have something to gain.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 11 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 11 2007, 09:37 AM) [snapback]199437[/snapback]

John A is no friend of 3ABN and yet he seems to have suffered at the hands of GJ.

http://www.atomorrow.com/discus/messages/1...html?1181145027

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"shower"??? ha!!! I took a 14,000$ "bath" from the originator of that save3abn web site.... I rented him property, he failed to pay and caused lost rent and damages to the place. I found out later that this same individual had done similar to 4 previous landlords after I finally (and belatedly) found and talked to them.

moral of the story?

trust, but verify!!!
especially from folks who love to divert your attention with long talks about the good they do, how they love SisterWhite, how they put their tithe to use.....

get references from PREVIOUS landlords, not the current one who may quietly hide pertinent info in order to get a bad tenant out!!!

dont believe everything people "tell" you, especially when they have something to gain.

Hmmmm,

Interesting that you, Steffan, would bring John Alfke up.

He has some pretty serious claims that could go a long way to bring the credibility of GJ into question, and yet he would never answer my emails.

Well, I'll try again and see if he will back up what he is claiming.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jun 11 2007, 11:58 PM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Could be. Who knows. Maybe Gailon did fall behind on rent on not catch up. I don't know. I do know that there were people in London during the 1930s who saw German aircraft aproaching, and cried out warnings. Some of these people were criminals and scoundrels, yet theirs warnings were absolutely sound and saved lives. There have been many people who have been successfully prosecuted in both criminal and civil court who saved people's lives and more through their warnings words and actions. Did Danny ever file for bancruptcy? Did he ever leave his creditors holding the bag? If so, does that mean that he has no crdibility?

moral of the story?

trust, but verify!!!

[/quote]

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jun 12 2007, 12:08 AM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 12 2007, 04:19 AM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jun 12 2007, 07:58 AM) [snapback]199531[/snapback]

Could be. Who knows. Maybe Gailon did fall behind on rent on not catch up. I don't know. I do know that there were people in London during the 1930s who saw German aircraft aproaching, and cried out warnings. Some of these people were criminals and scoundrels, yet theirs warnings were absolutely sound and saved lives. There have been many people who have been successfully prosecuted in both criminal and civil court who saved people's lives and more through their warnings words and actions. Did Danny ever file for bancruptcy? Did he ever leave his creditors holding the bag? If so, does that mean that he has no crdibility?

I find it quite interesting that Steffan finds this story of John quite credible. I wonder if you, Steffan, find all the things he says about Danny Shelton just as credible? Do you trust him fully?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 12 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Steffan,

One of the big differences between Mr. Alfke's allegations and the information on allegations that both Gailon Joy and Bob Pickle have brought forward is that Mr. Alfke has made serious statements that he and others have been financially mistreated by GJ (you can read all the claims and subsequent discussions HERE)but has never backed up his claims with ANY supporting documentation, period. That is not the case with the lion's share of information posted on Save3abn.com.

Worth reading are Gregory Matthews' well-reasoned comments on all of the claims that Mr. Alfke had made:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=188418

Folks, we have been down this tired road before and it lead nowhere. We did not get confirmation about Mr. Alfke's claims because Mr. Alfke never deemed it important enough to do so. GJ, BP, and others addressed the issues at length and, finally, on page 22 of the previous discussion of this man's claims, Clay finally stepped in and said:

I think there have been enough pages of this exploration.... unless there are new allegations of Mr. Joy being less than credible let's take a break from this one.....

Steffan, unless you can bring documented support for Mr. Alfke's claims, I would suggest that you drop the subject. It just makes you appear to be a mud-slinger.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jun 12 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 12 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]199568[/snapback]

Steffan, unless you can bring documented support for Mr. Alfke's claims, I would suggest that you drop the subject. It just makes you appear to be a mud-slinger.

PB,

Excellent post in response to Steffan's latest attempts to distract and/or control discussion.

I have made this request before both publicly and privately and will make it again. Why do we feel it always necessary to respond to every single thing posters of Steffan's persuasion post? We waste so much valuable time responding when he rarely if ever responds to our requests for very simple facts or agreements on matters.

Has anyone forgotten my post quoting Steffan from CF stating that he does not post anonymously?
Until Steffan is prepared to even be consistent with his own statement why continue him to manipulate things. Just ignore him until he shows anything he says is of value or has any credibility at all.

I am now off my soapbox....
And all the time everyone wastes on him is far more valuable than just 2 cents...

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jun 12 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #41

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 12 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]199568[/snapback]

PB,

Excellent post in response to Steffan's latest attempts to distract and/or control discussion.

I have made this request before both publicly and privately and will make it again. Why do we feel it always necessary to respond to every single thing posters of Steffan's persuasion post? We waste so much valuable time responding when he rarely if ever responds to our requests for very simple facts or agreements on matters.

Has anyone forgotten my post quoting Steffan from CF stating that he does not post anonymously?
Until Steffan is prepared to even be consistent with his own statement why continue him to manipulate things. Just ignore him until he shows anything he says is of value or has any credibility at all.

I am now off my soapbox....
And all the time everyone wastes on him is far more valuable than just 2 cents...

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:32 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church