Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:18 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
Snoopy
post Jun 9 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #196

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 9 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]199179[/snapback]

All those voices...how can one keep track? rofl1.gif

Is this what desperation sounds like??? blink.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 10 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #197

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 9 2007, 07:24 PM) [snapback]199158[/snapback]

I happen to know that Danny met him one time several years ago at ASI as in HI I'm so and so blah blah. So right off, he has misrepresented his relationship with Danny....

Umm, Steffan, you sure you want to stick with that fact???

Are you saying that that was the ONLY time Dan has talked with him?? Since you say "Danny met him one time". scratchchin.gif

Or are you saying that was A time he spoke to him? As in maybe he has spoken to him more then once, but you are only mentioning once to give the impression there was only one time talking, therefore misrepresenting how many times he has spoken to or met after the first time meeting? scratchchin.gif

And, don't you meet people once, and then you have met them and they become someone you have met? But, you only meet them once? Right? Now you have met them, and when you see them again, they are someone you have met, therefore you somewhat know each other...and if you see each other again, like in the following years to come (or in-between), you usually speak again? scratchchin.gif

I wouldn't want you to get the facts wrong or anything. Sometimes, you talk to so many people so many times, and you forget what you all you have said and how many times you have told people things, you know what I mean "steffan"? scratchchin.gif

Are you also saying that Dan had to tell him who he was too? Mr. Paulsen didn't know who Danny was till Danny told him who he was? scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 10 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #198

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 10 2007, 01:04 AM) [snapback]199191[/snapback]

Umm, Steffan, you sure you want to stick with that fact???

Are you saying that that was the ONLY time Dan has talked with him?? Since you say "Danny met him one time". scratchchin.gif

Or are you saying that was A time he spoke to him? As in maybe he has spoken to him more then once, but you are only mentioning once to give the impression there was only one time talking, therefore misrepresenting how many times he has spoken to or met after the first time meeting? scratchchin.gif

And, don't you meet people once, and then you have met them and they become someone you have met? But, you only meet them once? Right? Now you have met them, and when you see them again, they are someone you have met, therefore you somewhat know each other...and if you see each other again, like in the following years to come (or in-between), you usually speak again? scratchchin.gif

I wouldn't want you to get the facts wrong or anything. Sometimes, you talk to so many people so many times, and you forget what you all you have said and how many times you have told people things, you know what I mean "steffan"? scratchchin.gif

Are you also saying that Dan had to tell him who he was too? Mr. Paulsen didn't know who Danny was till Danny told him who he was? scratchchin.gif

BRILLIANT POINTS!!...... notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif .........NOW.....who is the clever one??? giggle.gif giggle.gif

I want to start a PI business with you SSOM!!

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jun 10 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #199

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 9 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]199165[/snapback]

So Paulson is a pastor, and has issues? you all make up your mind.... dunno.gif

C'mon Steve... you know a whole lot of pastors with issues in this church still cashing denominational checks...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 10 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #200

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jun 10 2007, 08:39 AM) [snapback]199198[/snapback]

C'mon Steve... you know a whole lot of pastors with issues in this church still cashing denominational checks...

In His service,
Mr. J

you are right.... my apologizes... let me go back to the lurking corner..... sadwalk.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 10 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 8 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]198992[/snapback]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 00:57:30 +0000

Subject: [GCOList] 3abn status
Dear Brothers and Sisters:

...Recent issues involving the conduct of 3ABN leadership are not

the only reason faithful Adventists have been concerned about this

ministry. For some time, certain speakers and music styles on that

network have fallen far short of Bible and Spirit of Prophecy

standards...

Can anyone tell me what the above "music styles" refers to? He mentions "certain music styles" only.

The music on 3ABN all sounds the same to me. (Maybe I should say that I am a classical musician and may not notice variations in other styles of music.)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 10 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #202

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 10 2007, 02:08 PM) [snapback]199268[/snapback]

Can anyone tell me what the above "music styles" refers to? He mentions "certain music styles" only.

The music on 3ABN all sounds the same to me. (Maybe I should say that I am a classical musician and may not notice variations in other styles of music.)

that's a code word for all music that is not eurocentric in nature.... don't get us started...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 10 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #203

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 10 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]199268[/snapback]

I pass over the comments about "music styles" because a person could write a 500-page book on the subject and still only scratch the surface of the subject.

However, I can say this: Music is segmented. Send ten people to the music department of any big box store, and each of the ten will head for a different category or style of music.

The second concept is the question of what a "broadcaster" should or should not be. There are at least two kinds of religious broadcasters.

A. Broadcasting stations.
B. Stained Glass Stations.

The first category, A, does not feel it is a church, or a substitute for a church, but a broadcaster in the broadcasting industry, with broadcasting standards. They seek a "broad" audience as the word "broad-casting" implies. Their funding often comes from a broad range of people through fund-raising events and appeals, such as periodic "Praise-a-thons" and "Share-a-Thons." These events are what some broadcasters derisively call "Beg-a-Thons."

B. Stained Glass Stations. These are sometimes seen as being a surrogate for the church. They mirror or reflect the church, itself, with sermons, church music, and broadcasting of church events.

A compliment for a Stained Glass Station is, "Listening to your station for eight hours is like being in church for eight hours."

Stained Glass stations are narrow-casters, not broad-casters; They have a narrow audience; Narrowcasters seem happy with that for whatever reasons they may present. For instance, a wealthy donor to the narrowcasting station may actually be choosing the music and sermons that the wealthy donor prefers -- and that's what everyone else ends up hearing or seeing. Stained Glass Stations may have little or no on-air fund raising, but rely on a "bricks-and-mortar" congregation for the lion's share of station funding.

I realize I have over-simplified this, but this explains the approach which accounts for the varying stations and their styles of music which exist in the world today.

Therefore, music styles needs to be presented in context of the goals of the broadcaster or narrowcaster. It's not a topic we really need to be overly concerned about.

We can't expect everyone to go to the restaurant buffet and all choose the exact same items and it's the same way with music. Different people have different tastes.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 10 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #204

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Interesting summation, Panama_Pete.

Now, where between "A" and "B" does 3abn fall in this regard?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 10 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #205

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 10 2007, 02:31 PM) [snapback]199276[/snapback]

Interesting summation, Panama_Pete.

Now, where between "A" and "B" does 3abn fall in this regard?

I'm leaving that as a point of discussion. Different people will have different ideas.

But there are some interesting words, such as "wealthy donor" that are laced into the summation for the readers' consideration. smile.gif

Pete

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 10 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #206

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

This is a little off topic, but I noticed that Shelly Quinn interviewed Jerry and Janet Page a few days ago. Jerry is president of Central CA. Conference and Janet is his wife and the director of Women's Ministries, and the conference Prayer Coordinator. They had been featured on Don Schneider's "Really Living" program on Hope Channel 2 or 3 weeks ago or so. They have some REAL miracle stories concerning the offering taken at campmeeting for outreach and evangelism. They can directly attribute to prayer by several individuals that the offering has increased from (if I recall correctly) about $100,000 7 or 8 years ago, Which was considerd a lofty goal to the $2.2 million taken in at the 2006 campmeeting. 1.1 mil was from matching funds from a wealthy donor.
In my (Im sure unfounded) cynicism, I wonderd if they hit on the Jerry for a few of those evangelism dollars for 3abn. I'm pretty sure the money is to go only for Central Conference projects.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 10 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #207

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

CCC has a great Campmeeting my Mom and Pops gofor the entire ten days. Now, you won't catch me up there that long, but they have good weekend speakers, this year Barry Black and Walter Pearson, I believe.

However, my Mom did tell me about the money tey did raise for evangelism and also for their youth.

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 10 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]199326[/snapback]

This is a little off topic, but I noticed that Shelly Quinn interviewed Jerry and Janet Page a few days ago. Jerry is president of Central CA. Conference and Janet is his wife and the director of Women's Ministries, and the conference Prayer Coordinator. They had been featured on Don Schneider's "Really Living" program on Hope Channel 2 or 3 weeks ago or so. They have some REAL miracle stories concerning the offering taken at campmeeting for outreach and evangelism. They can directly attribute to prayer by several individuals that the offering has increased from (if I recall correctly) about $100,000 7 or 8 years ago, Which was considerd a lofty goal to the $2.2 million taken in at the 2006 campmeeting. 1.1 mil was from matching funds from a wealthy donor.
In my (Im sure unfounded) cynicism, I wonderd if they hit on the Jerry for a few of those evangelism dollars for 3abn. I'm pretty sure the money is to go only for Central Conference projects.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jun 10 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #208

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 10 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]199327[/snapback]

CCC has a great Campmeeting...

pdi, you talking about Soquel?? (pronounced so-kel... accent on last syl)

we used to call it So-cool... and it was cool with all that fog coming in off the bay... until the mosquitos started eating you at night!!

oh the memories... giggle.gif

This post has been edited by roxe: Jun 10 2007, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 10 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #209

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 10 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]199273[/snapback]

that's a code word for all music that is not eurocentric in nature.... don't get us started...

Hmmm... All music that is not eurocentric... That sounds interesting!

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Jun 10 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #210

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 10 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]199327[/snapback]

CCC has a great Campmeeting my Mom and Pops gofor the entire ten days. Now, you won't catch me up there that long, but they have good weekend speakers, this year Barry Black and Walter Pearson, I believe.

However, my Mom did tell me about the money tey did raise for evangelism and also for their youth.

Yes, Berry Black and Ron Halvorsen, didn't see Walter Pearson's name. Also David Asscherick is going to be there.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church