Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13891&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:11:49 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Latest Of God's Blessings Of 3abn
sdaguy
post Jun 21 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Welcome Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,751

On May 23rd Dish Network placed 3ABN back on their previous channel space at 9710 on Sky Angel which immediately returned around 50,000 Adventist lifetime subscribers to the Godly programs that 3ABN is offering to the world. Also, on May 23rd Dish Network put 3ABN on their “basic package” which immediately made 3ABN available to more than 35 million new viewers and there is great expectation that another major cable provider will put 3ABN in their lineup in the near future resulting in another 40 plus million new viewers - and this is just in America alone! With the addition of the new satellite which covers China and India, the total number of satellites that carry 3ABN is 11 which literally covers the whole earth with the undiluted Three Angels messages, one that counteracts the counterfeit, and brings 3ABN’s potential viewing audience into the billions.

It sure looks like it that God is still blessing 3ABN, smile.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 21 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

But is God blessing 3ABN because of its leadership or in spite of it?

It is possible to spread the Gospel and yet be lost.

1 Cor 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jun 21 2007, 11:01 AM

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 21 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 21 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]200845[/snapback]

But is God blessing 3ABN because of its leadership or in spite of it?

Amen lurker!
God gave Israel great victories over Ben Haddad and his armies even when Ahab, "who did more evil than all the rest who were before him" was king. (see 1 Kings 20) But God has set limits, and He will surely put everything right. "There is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be made known." (Luke 12:2)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 21 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

interesting that the assumption persists that if something good happens its from God and thus constitutes a blessing, and if its bad, then God has not blessed.... that might explain why we are so confused.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Jun 21 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

I guess that means TBN is doing what is right too....It seems to be every where whether you have cable or not.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jun 21 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #6

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Nothing wrong with a billion people sitting in front of their tube watching someone dispense the "undiluted" three angel's messages. But, when I read sdaguy's "50,000" I asked myself...where have I seen that number before. I remembered seeing that as the number of William Miller's followers--an example of having the heart in the right place, but the wrong mind/understanding.

I was just watching the Hope Channel, and as I watched a program on how to avoid divorce in your family, it occured to me why we'd never see a program like that on 3abn again. The world needs to see progamming by precept and example. 1Tim 3 says...
"For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?"

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 21 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jun 21 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]200854[/snapback]

Nothing wrong with a billion people sitting in front of their tube watching someone dispense the "undiluted" three angel's messages. But, when I read sdaguy's "50,000" I asked myself...where have I seen that number before. I remembered seeing that as the number of William Miller's followers--an example of having the heart in the right place, but the wrong mind/understanding.

I was just watching the Hope Channel, and as I watched a program on how to avoid divorce in your family, it occured to me why we'd never see a program like that on 3abn again. The world needs to see progamming by precept and example. 1Tim 3 says...
"For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?"

This is so true!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 21 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #8

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

God would never keep His Word from His child who was earnestly seeking Him, because the messenger was corrupt. No where in the Bible were any of God's messengers perfect. God still sent Jonah to Niniveh, and he knew Jonah still habored hatred for those people, and didn't mean a single word he was repeating about them changing their ways to be spared God's wrath. So we end up at the end of that book with the people saved, but jonah mad because the people were saved, but the tree was destroyed. Bottom line, the people got god's Word from a corrupt messenger.

Same thing here.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 21 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 21 2007, 11:56 AM) [snapback]200859[/snapback]

God would never keep His Word from His child who was earnestly seeking Him, because the messenger was corrupt. No where in the Bible were any of God's messengers perfect. God still sent Jonah to Niniveh, and he knew Jonah still habored hatred for those people, and didn't mean a single word he was repeating about them changing their ways to be spared God's wrath. So we end up at the end of that book with the people saved, but jonah mad because the people were saved, but the tree was destroyed. Bottom line, the people got god's Word from a corrupt messenger.

Same thing here.

Many years ago there was a Broadway play, and later a movie entitled JESUS CHRIST, SUPERSTAR. Most who have seen it would say it was a corrupted message that did not accurately present the gospil--When has Hollywood ever presented the true Christian message?

Yet, there were peple who bagn thier spiritual journey to God/Christ in the theatre wacchin that play/movie. And of those one (some?) became SDA Christians!

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 21 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Jun 21 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]200851[/snapback]

I guess that means TBN is doing what is right too....It seems to be every where whether you have cable or not.

A VERY GOOD POINT!!!

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 21 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sdaguy @ Jun 21 2007, 10:39 AM) [snapback]200843[/snapback]

On May 23rd Dish Network placed 3ABN back on their previous channel space at 9710 on Sky Angel which immediately returned around 50,000 Adventist lifetime subscribers to the Godly programs that 3ABN is offering to the world. Also, on May 23rd Dish Network put 3ABN on their “basic package” which immediately made 3ABN available to more than 35 million new viewers and there is great expectation that another major cable provider will put 3ABN in their lineup in the near future resulting in another 40 plus million new viewers - and this is just in America alone! With the addition of the new satellite which covers China and India, the total number of satellites that carry 3ABN is 11 which literally covers the whole earth with the undiluted Three Angels messages, one that counteracts the counterfeit, and brings 3ABN’s potential viewing audience into the billions.

Personally, I think a disease can grow and spread to epidemic proportions. It must be the result of a blessing on the little viruses and bacteria. Based on this mistaken concept, the Black Plague was Europe's greatest blessing.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jun 21 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 21 2007, 02:36 PM) [snapback]200871[/snapback]

Yet, there were peple who bagn thier spiritual journey to God/Christ in the theatre wacchin that play/movie. And of those one (some?) became SDA Christians!

Were you the one?

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 21 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]200875[/snapback]

Personally, I think a disease can grow and spread to epidemic proportions. It must be the result of a blessing on the little viruses and bacteria. Based on this mistaken concept, the Black Plague was Europe's greatest blessing.

Great point that's hard to forget.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 21 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

SDAguy,

I thought India had pulled the 3abn plug. Has it been allowed back again?

Has 3abn started ministering to the folks surrounding the compound yet? I look forward to the day when that community will be viewed as worthy of Christian outreach. Let me know when that happens, okay?

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 21 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

How about the Playboy Channel. It's all over the place as well. Success does not mean God is blessing something.

Richard

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Jun 21 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]200851[/snapback]

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jun 21 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(sdaguy @ Jun 21 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]200843[/snapback]

MTV is on virtually every satellite and cable provider in the US. God must be blessing them, too.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:11 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church