Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13900&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:31:45 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Court Posts Legal Documents., How to acces posted court documents.
Ozzie
post Jun 24 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jun 25 2007, 09:39 AM) [snapback]201238[/snapback]

I just got on, no problem.

Yep. I did too just then. Couldn't get on last night or even 20 minutes ago though.

Had trouble accessing BSDA on Friday afternoon and evening as well, as did other Ossie friends. Kept getting a mesage similar to "The maximum number of participants has bben reached. Please try again later". We suspected that the news on BSDA was so hot, that we'd have to wait in line! LOL

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 24 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

So now tell me why when you quoted me it said I had posted it tomorrow morning? Or maybe I did go into the future and posted it to the past smile.gif

Richard

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jun 24 2007, 06:47 PM) [snapback]201239[/snapback]

Yep. I did too just then. Couldn't get on last night or even 20 minutes ago though.

Had trouble accessing BSDA on Friday afternoon and evening as well, as did other Ossie friends. Kept getting a mesage similar to "The maximum number of participants has bben reached. Please try again later". We suspected that the news on BSDA was so hot, that we'd have to wait in line! LOL

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jun 24 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jun 25 2007, 10:18 AM) [snapback]201244[/snapback]

So now tell me why when you quoted me it said I had posted it tomorrow morning? Or maybe I did go into the future and posted it to the past smile.gif
Richard

Maybe... it's coz it's Monday here in Australia. Actually, 9:35am right now! laugh.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 24 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Hey now that is so cool. I never looked to see where you lived and even if I did it might not have occurred to me. what was going on. So you really can post back from the future tongue.gif Not to mention you can post from winter to summer.

Richard

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jun 24 2007, 08:32 PM) [snapback]201247[/snapback]

Maybe... it's coz it's Monday here in Australia. Actually, 9:35am right now! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 24 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #20

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

TVsnack.gif pepsi.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 24 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

WB, I can understand the wording, and I even understand,a s I said, that they willplay on words and say that they never claimed to be a SDA ministry. However, the part that got me and will probably get the most taunch member toe ven blink an eye, is sayign they are non denominational. These days, ND is a denomination unto itself. it will almost be like they ARE associating themselves with another denom. Remember the ranka nd file actually believe them to be part of the church.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Jun 24 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

Forgive me if I appear to be a little sceptical, most adventist will make little or no attempt to realize they have been dupped into believe 3abn is something it is not. Just like the General Conference was allowed to call the members customers without any real outrage by its members. I believe that 3abn has learned from that and believe that many adventist will simply close their eyes to the reality of the words and continue to give and say "it is Gods will". And also dont forget that TS was not a adventist and was Vice President for a time until his health failed.

The taking a member to court thing is not an invention of DS but rather a continuation of the actions of the denomination to justify prosecuting its members when they fall out of line. They SDA have appealed to the state on a number of issues to solitify their control on the Adventist people. We have to a large extent, even tho as a people we have the truth, sumitted ourselves to a cult. Yes, salvation is unto the Adventist and they have the truth, but the truth does not have them.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 25 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Jun 25 2007, 12:52 AM) [snapback]201281[/snapback]

Yes, salvation is unto the Adventist and they have the truth, but the truth does not have them.

You say things in interesting ways: We have the truth, but the truth does not have us.

That's something to think about, Mystery-man.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jun 25 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jun 23 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]201094[/snapback]

I've had people come up to me and ask why don't you put in your flyers who you are? I don't know what to tell them. I guess my feeling is that we should say "hi, I'm Richard from the SDA church would you like to come to some meetings about Bible prophesy at our church?". Instead we're told to say "hi, I'm Richard, how would you like to come to a prophesy meeting at the VFW hall?" I feel like a Jehovah's Witness since they do the same thing.

I once while hiking the AT in New York had a guy give me a piece of literature and I asked him if he was SDA, man did he ever do everything he could not to answer. Finally when I saw it was from Amazing Facts and told him I was SDA as well did he finally admit he was.

Why not go boldly proclaiming that we are SDA Christians?

I guess it's a good thing I'm not in marketing.

offtopic.gif Sorry.

Richard

I had a fellow putting in a water softener once, and he asked me what I did. I told him I pastored an Seventh-day Adventist church. He said he had one in his town, which I knew he didn't. So I enquired some more, and he said he did have one, "Latter-day Saints, Seventh-day Adventist." So I had to explain that LDS wasn't the same as SDA.

I was following up Bible study enrollment cards in another district, and when asked what church was behind it I would say that people of all faiths do those lessons and enjoy them, but that I personally was a Seventh-day Adventist.

In one case I got a phone call from a fellow after leaving lessons with a lady, and I responded in that way. He then told me that he was her pastor, and that she didn't want the lessons anymore. I thought that was totally wrong, since she hadn't told me that. I talked to him as long as possible and then dropped a GC by his home.

On another occasion I called a fellow whom I had left lessons with, and answered his question in the same way. He said, "I thought so," and hung up. I called him back and asked him if there was something wrong with the lessons. His preacher, whom I knew, had warned him about them. Before we were done talking, he apologized for hanging up on me, and told me that Adventists don't believe in hell. I told him we definitely believe in hell. After finishing the call I sent him an AFacts folder to show him that Adventists definitely believe in hell.

I could go on.

It is because of unreasonable prejudice toward and confusion about Adventists that evangelists follow Jesus' example as recorded in the Bible in not boldly proclaiming everything about themselves. But that doesn't mean we have to be ashamed of who we are.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 25 2007, 04:03 AM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Jun 25 2007, 12:52 AM) [snapback]201281[/snapback]

Forgive me if I appear to be a little sceptical, most adventist will make little or no attempt to realize they have been dupped into believe 3abn is something it is not. Just like the General Conference was allowed to call the members customers without any real outrage by its members. I believe that 3abn has learned from that and believe that many adventist will simply close their eyes to the reality of the words and continue to give and say "it is Gods will". And also dont forget that TS was not a adventist and was Vice President for a time until his health failed.
The taking a member to court thing is not an invention of DS but rather a continuation of the actions of the denomination to justify prosecuting its members when they fall out of line. They SDA have appealed to the state on a number of issues to solitify their control on the Adventist people. We have to a large extent, even tho as a people we have the truth, sumitted ourselves to a cult. Yes, salvation is unto the Adventist and they have the truth, but the truth does not have them.

Mystery Man;

Well, I thought you had passed away or something!

I am going to diagram your post so I can figure out what you are saying. You seem to be speaking English, right? Then I will find you to be on the right, on the left, or straddling the fence. Maybe you are everywhere, therefore, you may be positioned on all of the above.

Once I gather preposition phrases, direct objects, indirect objects, gerunds and all that good stuff, I will be able to tell if you are on every side, or just 2 sides!

Time will tell. I am kind of slow. roflmao.gif

Folks;

Sorry I have to bold everything and make it blue or red. Last July the fifth, my eye was operated on, 4 hours later the same eye was damaged by a flying object and I lost a lot of my vision. I bold and change the color so I can edit my stuff. I magnify all the other posts, and still can't read some of them.

The Easter Skin was so nice on my eyes! I miss it. I really loved the cross on the right side of each post. I felt that God was watching me. Sometimes I tend to forget that. I jJust thought I would explain why I bold everything. It isn't to make any great statement, it is just to help me see better.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 25 2007, 04:13 AM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

I have been asked how to register for a Pacer acount so you can view documents in the Pacer legal system as are the 3-ABN documents.

Go to: http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov

You will need a valid credit card for billing purposes.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jun 25 2007, 09:53 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jun 25 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 25 2007, 02:03 AM) [snapback]201302[/snapback]

Mystery Man;

Well, I thought you had passed away or something!

I am going to diagram your post so I can figure out what you are saying. You seem to be speaking English, right? Then I will find you to be on the right, on the left, or straddling the fence. Maybe you are everywhere, therefore, you may be positioned on all of the above.

Once I gather preposition phrases, direct objects, indirect objects, gerunds and all that good stuff, I will be able to tell if you are on every side, or just 2 sides!

Time will tell. I am kind of slow. roflmao.gif

Folks;

Sorry I have to bold everything and make it blue or red. Last July the fifth, my eye was operated on, 4 hours later the same eye was damaged by a flying object and I lost a lot of my vision. I bold and change the color so I can edit my stuff. I magnify all the other posts, and still can't read some of them.

The Easter Skin was so nice on my eyes! I miss it. I really loved the cross on the right side of each post. I felt that God was watching me. Sometimes I tend to forget that. I jJust thought I would explain why I bold everything. It isn't to make any great statement, it is just to help me see better.

Thank you Fran. That helps so much when we understand things like this. When a person has visual problems life is viewed in a way that can be so frustrating. I have some family members who have different kind of visual problems. I try to accomodate where needed.
Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Jun 25 2007, 06:24 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church