Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14167&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:10:47 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top Ten Amazing Facts About The Proposed Amazing Facts-3abn Merger, From: Spectrum and the Association of Adventist Forums
calvin
post Jul 13 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #1

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

http://www.spectrummagazine.org/onlinecomm...70712dwyer.html

When Three Angels Broadcasting network and Amazing Facts announced in April that the two organizations planned to merge, there was much speculation about who would lead the organization and what it would mean. As of June 20, there were signs that the deal was in major trouble. Or, "dead in the water," as one official described it. Here, then, are ten facts that may explain why.

Ten. Amazing Facts is not truly an independent ministry. It is a supporting ministry of the Northern California Conference and Jim Pedersen, president of the NCC, chairs the Amazing Facts board. The assets of Amazing Facts cannot be transferred without the vote of the Northern California Conference Executive Committee, which is the constituency of Amazing Facts.

Nine. A letter from General Conference President Jan Paulsen and North American President Don Schneider to Amazing Facts and 3ABN listed concerns about the planned merger.

Eight. Employee credentialing may be a major deal breaker. The denomination would most likely decline to credential the employees of 3ABN. Credentialing of employees is one thing that the Northern California Conference does for Amazing Facts.

Seven. One deal breaker for the Northern California Conference would be any suggestion of a property transfer to an entity outside the denomination.

Six. Becoming a denominational entity could negatively affect the fund-raising efforts of 3ABN.

Five. Danny Shelton’s personal and legal problems present a major liability.

Four. Doug Batchelor’s responsibilities as senior pastor of the Sacramento Central Seventh-day Adventist Church need to be clarified.

Three. Control of the 3ABN programming could be another deal breaker.

Two. The more likely merger is Amazing Facts with Weimar Institute. That merger is on track to strengthen Amazing Facts College of Evangelism, Church Empowerment, and Health Programs, rather than broadcasting.

And the number one Amazing Fact about Amazing Facts is that Doug Batchelor’s mother-in-law is his secretary. (Perhaps if Danny Shelton had hired his mother-in-law he would not have the problems he is now experiencing and talks of a merger would have remained only a dream.)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 13 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #2

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 13 2007, 07:23 PM) *
Nine. A letter from General Conference President Jan Paulsen and North American President Don Schneider to Amazing Facts and 3ABN listed concerns about the planned merger.

Whoa! This is the biggest one to me. If Spectrum's reporting is accurate, and GM brokered the merger in the first place, perhaps the GC is telling GM, "Thus far and no farther."

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 13 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 13 2007, 07:06 PM) *
Whoa! This is the biggest one to me. If Spectrum's reporting is accurate, and GM brokered the merger in the first place, perhaps the GC is telling GM, "Thus far and no farther."

And that would be truly an Amazing Fact!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Jul 13 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,252

I am very pleased about the letters from Paulsen and Schneider. This is pretty clear evidence that the church leadership have been paying attention. I wonder what impact this will have on the talk going around about a giant ASI incorporation of 3ABN, AF, & Weimar. I hope that one is dead in the water too.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 13 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Jul 13 2007, 07:52 PM) *
I am very pleased about the letters from Paulsen and Schneider. This is pretty clear evidence that the church leadership have been paying attention. I wonder what impact this will have on the talk going around about a giant ASI incorporation of 3ABN, AF, & Weimar. I hope that one is dead in the water too.

Can you spell M*O*N*O*P*O*L*Y ?

Yes I believe that GC is paying attention. clapping.gif

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 13 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 13 2007, 06:23 PM) *
http://www.spectrummagazine.org/onlinecomm...70712dwyer.html

When Three Angels Broadcasting network and Amazing Facts announced in April that the two organizations planned to merge, there was much speculation about who would lead the organization and what it would mean. As of June 20, there were signs that the deal was in major trouble. Or, "dead in the water," as one official described it. Here, then, are ten facts that may explain why.

And the number one Amazing Fact about Amazing Facts is that Doug Batchelor's mother-in-law is his secretary. (Perhaps if Danny Shelton had hired his mother-in-law he would not have the problems he is now experiencing and talks of a merger would have remained only a dream.)

I wonder which mother-in-law she was thinking of here?? DS is up to three now.... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 13 2007, 10:41 PM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 13 2007, 11:27 PM) *
I wonder which mother-in-law she was thinking of here?? DS is up to three now.... scratchchin.gif

Visualize this if you will:

All three mothers-in-law there, all at one time. Totally scary!
ohmy.gif boxing.gif 2guns.gif fear.gif whip.gif scared.gif giljotiini.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 14 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 13 2007, 10:27 PM) *

One comment and one only.............everyone should be careful who is answering the phone...who is helping in the office...your helper family member could be hindering your case. Funny how someone can be so familiar that they get carried away repeating things they ought not to be repeating. Figure that one out. scratchchin.gif gossip.gif

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 14 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 14 2007, 12:15 PM) *
One comment and one only.............everyone should be careful who is answering the phone...who is helping in the office...your helper family member could be hindering your case. Funny how someone can be so familiar that they get carried away repeating things they ought not to be repeating. Figure that one out. scratchchin.gif gossip.gif

Were you referring to Doug Batchelor's mother-in-law giving out various bits of interesting information on the phone?

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 14 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 14 2007, 03:47 PM) *
Were you referring to Doug Batchelor's mother-in-law giving out various bits of interesting information on the phone?

Have you heard that?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 14 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

That was a cute little dance, Artiste and r4h!

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 14 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 14 2007, 01:55 PM) *
Have you heard that?

No, actually I haven't.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 14 2007, 02:55 PM) *
Have you heard that?

oops, not sure how I got double posted here..??

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jul 14 2007, 04:07 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 14 2007, 02:55 PM) *
Have you heard that?

giggle.gif Is that a general question to anyone? giggle.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 14 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 14 2007, 04:05 PM) *
giggle.gif Is that a general question to anyone? giggle.gif

Sure...general question.............. lol.gif tabletalk.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:10 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church