Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14209&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:11:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> University President Fired After Alleged Rape Cover-up
Pickle
post Jul 16 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

"University president fired after alleged rape cover-up"

I hope Walt and the rest of the 3ABN board ask themselves the question, "Does the world have higher standards than we do?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jul 16 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 16 2007, 03:04 PM) *

I hope Walt and the rest of the 3ABN board ask themselves the question, "Does the world have higher standards than we do?"

Well, PB, I stand corrected and it's outta-of-here. Just speculating which we can believe for sure will lead to a a coverup, smile.gif

This post has been edited by mikell: Jul 16 2007, 06:01 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 16 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

mikell,

Not sure what that has to do with a rape cover-up and subsequent firing of the cover-upper. Kind of hard to speculate on the status of a marriage when we know nothing really about the dynamics within that marriage. I mean, perhaps Brandy enjoys this kind of intrigue and drama, or maybe she doesn't.

I just don't think it helps any discussion to speculate wildly about anything. However, this is a forum and all folks are free to express their opinions within Calvin's guidelines.

And I've just expressed mine.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 16 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #4

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 16 2007, 03:04 PM) *

... and not, "How did they screw up so we don't make the same mistake?"

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 16 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 16 2007, 01:04 PM) *

In reading the article, I notice that the University (a state institution, or a non-profit?) violated a Federal act with the cover-up, leading to a federal investigation and the firings.

In the parallel suggested above, has 3abn violated a federal law with a cover-up? The violation of the cover-up cannot be tested within the context of the SDA church since 3abn claims not to be affiliated with that.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 16 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Whether or not 3ABN and/or Danny violated a federal law, it seems that each of our churches and supporting ministries should have standards that are at least as high as the standards of society that lead to the making of such federal laws.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 16 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 16 2007, 08:13 PM) *
The violation of the cover-up cannot be tested within the context of the SDA church since 3abn claims not to be affiliated with that.

Actually 3ABN has very tight affiliations with the Seventh-day Adventist Church that, in my opinion, can be proven without a reasonable doubt. Amazing Facts is part of the Church, ASI is by it's own name Adventist, and how about "Atlantic Union and 3ABN productions?" That name is splashed across a production truck up in the Atlantic Union, and the organization was formed through a formal affiliation between the Atlantic Union of Seventh-day Adentists, and 3ABN. There is also the agreement that 3ABN and the Seventh-day Adventist Church signed back in the nineties with Robert Folkenberg. Virtually all of 3ABN's fundraisers and rallies are held in Seventh-day Adventist venues, and it they are not, they are publicized almost exclusively in Adventist churches and communities. It would seem that there is an affiliation there, but then all of this is just an opinion.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 17 2007, 07:01 AM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Artiste said:
The violation of the cover-up cannot be tested within the context of the SDA church since 3abn claims not to be affiliated with that.

beartrap responded:

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 16 2007, 09:24 PM) *
Actually 3ABN has very tight affiliations with the Seventh-day Adventist Church that, in my opinion, can be proven without a reasonable doubt. Amazing Facts is part of the Church, ASI is by it's own name Adventist, and how about "Atlantic Union and 3ABN productions?" That name is splashed across a production truck up in the Atlantic Union, and the organization was formed through a formal affiliation between the Atlantic Union of Seventh-day Adentists, and 3ABN. There is also the agreement that 3ABN and the Seventh-day Adventist Church signed back in the nineties with Robert Folkenberg. Virtually all of 3ABN's fundraisers and rallies are held in Seventh-day Adventist venues, and it they are not, they are publicized almost exclusively in Adventist churches and communities. It would seem that there is an affiliation there, but then all of this is just an opinion.

my two cents:

3abn Chairman explains that the lawsuit statement that 3abn is non-denominational, not affiliated with any denomination and not funded by any denomination really doesn't mean that it is not affiliated or funded by the SDA denomination.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 17 2007, 07:04 AM
Post #9

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(mikell @ Jul 16 2007, 02:40 PM) *
Well, PB, I stand corrected and it's outta-of-here. Just speculating which we can believe for sure will lead to a a coverup, smile.gif

mikell, smile.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Grith
post Jul 17 2007, 08:54 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,399

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 17 2007, 09:01 AM) *
my two cents:

3abn Chairman explains that the lawsuit statement that 3abn is non-denominational, not affiliated with any denomination and not funded by any denomination really doesn't mean that it is not affiliated or funded by the SDA denomination.

Me thinks they speak with fork-ed tongue.

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 17 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 17 2007, 06:01 AM) *

Oh, ok, Walt's statement totally clears that up. wacko.gif uhm.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 17 2007, 09:26 AM
Post #12

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 17 2007, 08:01 AM) *

Walt's statement reminds me of the immortal words of Chuckles the Clown:

A little song,

A little dance,

And a little seltzer down your pants.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jul 17 2007, 09:27 AM

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jul 17 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 17 2007, 09:26 AM) *
Walt's statement reminds me of the immortal words of Chuckles the Clown:
A little song,

A little dance,

And a little seltzer down your pants.

PP, that was GOOD! notworthy.gif clapping.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:11 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church