Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14246&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:11:15 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Judgments Against Linda, Has the court ruled against Linda?
Observer
post Jul 18 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

It has been stated/implied that the courts have issued recent rulings against Linda. To what extent is that so?

1) As is well known, Linda filed an action (in accord with the divorce decree issued in Guam) which asked a U.S. Court to determine the marital property, and to issue an order as to how it should be divided.

Certain aspects of that division of marital property have beeen settled, and are unlikely to be further litigated. I consider those aspects to be settled.

However, the entire issue is not settled. At this point in time, as I understand it and unless an immediate ruling has been made of which I am not informed, litigation continues.

The court is still attempting to determine what royalities, if any are obligated to be paid in regard to the book TEN COMMANDMENTS . . . .. Once that determination is made, the court will be asked to decide if any royalities, if they exist, are marital property and therefore subject to division with Linda.

2) It has been stated that a court has issued a judgement against Linda in the amount of $5,000, which she is obligated to pay Danny Shelton and/or his attornies.

A judgement was issued against Linda for an error on the part of her attorney. That attorney is no longer representing Linda, and Linda is being represented by another attorney.

The court has now reduced the judgement against Linda to about half of what was first issued against her.

Attempts are being made to shift the responsibility for the judgement to the lawyer who made the error on the basis that Linda, who is not an attorney should not be held responsible for an error made by a licensed attorney.

It remains to be seen what the court will do. Often the court will granat such requests, and order that the lawyer involved not bill the client for the lawyer's error. But, that does not always happen.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 19 2007, 06:38 AM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Observer @ Jul 18 2007, 10:01 PM) *
It has been stated/implied that the courts have issued recent rulings against Linda. To what extent is that so?

1) As is well known, Linda filed an action (in accord with the divorce decree issued in Guam) which asked a U.S. Court to determine the marital property, and to issue an order as to how it should be divided.

Certain aspects of that division of marital property have beeen settled, and are unlikely to be further litigated. I consider those aspects to be settled.

However, the entire issue is not settled. At this point in time, as I understand it and unless an immediate ruling has been made of which I am not informed, litigation continues.

The court is still attempting to determine what royalities, if any are obligated to be paid in regard to the book TEN COMMANDMENTS . . . .. Once that determination is made, the court will be asked to decide if any royalities, if they exist, are marital property and therefore subject to division with Linda.

2) It has been stated that a court has issued a judgement against Linda in the amount of $5,000, which she is obligated to pay Danny Shelton and/or his attornies.

A judgement was issued against Linda for an error on the part of her attorney. That attorney is no longer representing Linda, and Linda is being represented by another attorney.

The court has now reduced the judgement against Linda to about half of what was first issued against her.

Attempts are being made to shift the responsibility for the judgement to the lawyer who made the error on the basis that Linda, who is not an attorney should not be held responsible for an error made by a licensed attorney.

It remains to be seen what the court will do. Often the court will granat such requests, and order that the lawyer involved not bill the client for the lawyer's error. But, that does not always happen.

All this indicates that Mr. Danny Shelton still attempts to turn every word said anywhere to benefit himself and prove himself innocent, while condemning others. What kind of Christianity is this? An indication that his ministry is preaching a fully independent message of their own?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 19 2007, 06:56 AM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 19 2007, 06:38 AM) *
What kind of Christianity is this?

Apostate ....

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 19 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 19 2007, 02:56 PM) *
Apostate ....

How are we to treat them?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 19 2007, 07:37 AM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 19 2007, 07:20 AM) *
How are we to treat them?

Prayer. Meeting needs.

Salvation begins with judgment, though--a person has to know that they've sinned before they can accept salvation from it. That requires a penitent spirit.

Which takes me back to ... prayer. Since a penitent spirit doesn't seem to be forthcoming. Yet.

I found the following helpful, in a local conflict awhile back:

"Almighty and tender Lord Jesus Christ,
Just as I have asked You to love my friends,
So I ask the same for my enemies.
You alone, Lord, are mighty.
You alone are merciful.
Whatever you make me desire for my enemies,
Give it to them.
And give the same back to me.
If I ever ask for them anything
Which is outside Your perfect rule of love,
Whether through weakness, ignorance or malice,
Good Lord, do not give it to them,
And do not give it back to me.
You who are the true Light, correct their errors.
You who are the incarnate Word, give life to their souls.
Tender Lord Jesus,
Let me not be a stumbling block to them
Nor a rock of offense.
My sin is sufficient to me, without harming others.
I, a slave to sin,
Beg Your mercy on my fellow slaves.
Let them be reconciled to You,
And through You reconciled to me."

-- Anselm of Canterbury,
eleventh century A.D.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jul 19 2007, 07:39 AM

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 19 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 19 2007, 06:37 AM) *
Prayer. Meeting needs.

Salvation begins with judgment, though--a person has to know that they've sinned before they can accept salvation from it. That requires a penitent spirit.

Which takes me back to ... prayer. Since a penitent spirit doesn't seem to be forthcoming. Yet.

You alone are merciful.
Give it to them.
Tender Lord Jesus,
Nor a rock of offense.
I, a slave to sin,

-- Anselm of Canterbury,
eleventh century A.D.

SE,
Wow, those ancient words say a lot! Thank You!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Jul 21 2007, 08:36 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 19 2007, 08:37 AM) *
Prayer. Meeting needs.

You alone are merciful.
Give it to them.
Tender Lord Jesus,
Nor a rock of offense.
I, a slave to sin,

-- Anselm of Canterbury,
eleventh century A.D.

Thanks for that prayer. I copied it and will use it because I am not were I should be with those I consider my "enemies".

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 21 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #8

500 + posts
Group Icon

I sure have a long way to go. I was glad to find it myself.

So ... what things can we pray for, for both 3ABN's leaders and for ourselves?

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 21 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #9

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 21 2007, 04:41 PM) *
I sure have a long way to go. I was glad to find it myself.

So ... what things can we pray for, for both 3ABN's leaders and for ourselves?

Sorely needed, SE. We neede ourselves all that we pray about for others. so let's keep close to the Source of TRUTH in all that we do.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:11 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church