Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14344&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:11:13 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Blog: Save3abn.blogspot.com, by Brutha Leroy, no less.
Pickle
post Jul 21 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

Well folks, Brutha Leroy a.k.a. Alfred Smith, from what i can tell, has now shown his true colors: http://save3abn.blogspot.com/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 21 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

To give you an idea of Brutha Leroy's position, here's a portion of his new page:

SIGN - A SPECIAL ANOINTING

It was not unusual for a prophet to be anointed.

"It's obvious, Danny, that the Lord's anointing is on your life.

"Moses was the instrument that God used as Danny Shelton is the instrument that God uses here at 3ABN. ... He's simply the chosen servant of God."

John Lomacang, August 10, 2006, 3ABN Live

It pretty obvious that we're dealing with a teacher who fills a prophetic office.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 21 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Here's another of Brutha Leroy's signs that Danny is a prophet:

SIGN - EARNEST EFFORTS TO SAVE LOST SOULS

Danny Boy was forced to deal with iniquity in the camp!

Was he equal to the challenge?

Prophet Danny Shelton didn't want to see Linda Shelton go down into hell over a matter like adultery, so he tried to save her soul.

Danny encouraged Linda to repent, or as Arild puts it, "unreasonable demands by her husband were repeatedly being made to confess things she had not done".

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 21 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

After quoting just one more part, I'll let others quote parts they think illustrative of Brutha Leroy's position, but it seems clear to me that he is being extremely sarcastic and trying to paint Danny as an abusive husband.

OLD TIME GOSPEL PREACHING

The preaching was apparently forceful, because unrepentant Linda became exhausted by hearing it ("she found it necessary to go to her daughter's home in Springfield, Illinois for safety and rest on several occasions").

+Quote Post
inga
post Jul 21 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 21 2007, 09:47 PM) *
After quoting just one more part, I'll let others quote parts they think illustrative of Brutha Leroy's position, but it seems clear to me that he is being extremely sarcastic and trying to paint Danny as an abusive husband.

Well, Bob, if one reads all the blog entries, what seems most clear is that this is written by someone with considerable literary skill who simply likes to stir the pot. (It reminds me of someone Fran called a Voltaire wannabe.) The "letters" are likely all written by "Leroy" himself, unless he actually suckered some folks into replying ...

I realize that folks on this list have been offended by the racial caricatures, and the feeling is understandable if the blog is seen as an attempt to ridicule black people.

What if this is written by someone who accepts his own black heritage?

In other cultures, it is usually acceptable for members of the culture to tell self-deprecating jokes but not acceptable for those of another culture to tell the identical jokes.

How about it? Is it okay to tell "black" jokes if you are black?

If so, then perhaps you might want to consider that that's what "Brotha Leroy" is doing is similar to telling self-deprecating jokes while he busily stirs the Danny/Linda pot. (He's not easy on Linda either.)

By the way, I'm not saying that I personally approve of the contents of the blog. ... just throwing out a thought ...

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 21 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

I can't say that I approve of or appreciate this writer's literary skill, but I am a little impressed that the writer was able to find the picture of Arild on the internet. So, we have established that the writer knows how to use image search on either Google or Yahoo, LOL!

(BTW, I found the same pic back in August so I know it is someone with the same name.)

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jul 21 2007, 10:25 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 21 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

When he walked into the church overseas where I was at on June 30, I was able to recognize him from the picture. So it must be him.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 22 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 22 2007, 06:43 AM) *
When he walked into the church overseas where I was at on June 30, I was able to recognize him from the picture. So it must be him.

Some weeks back I saw an ad in the Norwegian Union paper that a representative from 3ABN was coming to an Independent Ministry there for a revival weekend. The founder told me that the Lord had prevented that visit. I discovered that Bob Pickle was also an old friend, and I understand he was invited there to give the students some of the same instructions on Ellen G. White to their students as he gives at seminars elsewhere sponsored by the Ellen G. White Estate. Thus Bob's ministry is greatly appreciated in many places.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 22 2007, 08:02 AM
Post #9

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Johann,

Correction: I have never given a seminar sponsored by the Ellen G. White Estate.

And the Bible classes I taught at the supporting ministry in question in June concerned more one of my other hobby horses, the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation, rather than Ellen White. But the seminar I did for a conference in January did concern defending the faith and answering objections regarding Ellen White.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 22 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 22 2007, 04:02 PM) *
Johann,

Correction: I have never given a seminar sponsored by the Ellen G. White Estate.

Well, that was an indication as I understood it from a person I spoke to from the EGW Estate. I was told your work was greatly appreciated by that official. I should have been more careful about how I used the popular word seminar. The enthusiasm from the EGW official about your work diminished that it was actually a conference that was footing. . . but at least a SDA institution.

This post has been edited by Johann: Jul 22 2007, 08:46 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:11 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church