Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14385&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:25 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Court Hearing 7/07/23, Read legal documents associated with this hearing.
Johann
post Jul 25 2007, 02:59 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jul 25 2007, 05:50 AM) *
You know what's sad? I knew who wrote that before I even clicked the link to look at it. The apologists are SO predictable.

Desperation is setting in big time.

a good excuse for the court case?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jul 25 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

I am going to have some fun, and post a staement that I have never made before (NOTE: I posted this earlier today in MSDAOL.):

When the plaintiffs filled against Joy/Pickle, in my opinon they made two major mistakes in legal judgement. I personally believe that those two major mistakes place those on the side of Linda in a potential position to win major victories in the legal rulings.

I have shown certain of the documents to attorney friends of mine, who agree with my evaulation of the points that I am making.

One of the mistakes I simply did not understand. My lawyer friends have had to explain it to me as to why that decison was made by the 3-ABN team. Perhaps it was the correct one. But, in my mind, is was greatly to the advantage of the Joy/Pickle team.

The second major mistake, in my mind I understand why it was made. I can understand why the 3-ABN team probably believed that they had no other choice than to make that decision. But, I will suggest that it gave the Joy/Pickle team MUCH more than the 3-ABN team expected to give to Joy and Pickle.

I will suggest that there may have been a second approach that might (?) have given the 3-ABN team what they wanted, without giving Joy and Pickle what they needed. But, that approach had some danger in that it might not have worked that way. It is possible that Joy and Pickle would still have gotten what they wanted. In any case, the 3-ABN team took an approch that was less costly, and gave Joy and Pickle what they needed in the very beginning.

I am not about to discuss legal strategy in a public forum such as this. So, do not even think of asking me to be specific. The above is simiply just my thoughts, for whatever they are worth, or not worth.

In any case as we watch events unfold, we shall see what develops.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 25 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Gregory,

Interesting and provocative statement. While I am glad that you posted said statement, I can't help but remember FHB quoting Bill Moyers some time back:

"Once you decide to titillate instead of illuminate . . . you create a climate of expectation that requires a higher and higher level of intensity" Bill Moyers.

You have certainly created a climate of expectation! Now, to have the patience to wait and see what two things you were referring to...

Glad you had some fun. Will be sure to return the favor someday. roflmao.gif

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jul 25 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 25 2007, 12:36 PM) *
Gregory,

Interesting and provocative statement. While I am glad that you posted said statement, I can't help but remember FHB quoting Bill Moyers some time back:

"Once you decide to titillate instead of illuminate . . . you create a climate of expectation that requires a higher and higher level of intensity" Bill Moyers.

You have certainly created a climate of expectation! Now, to have the patience to wait and see what two things you were referring to...

Glad you had some fun. Will be sure to return the favor someday. roflmao.gif

PB

The above was first posted in MSDAOL, in response to a provocative post by Aletheia. Remember her.

However, see my newest thread, If anyoen wants to see a photo of Bob Pickle go to:

http://references4links.blogspot.com/2007/...sentatives.html

He is a handsome dude.

That website evidently intends to post about me. We shall see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 25 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Jul 25 2007, 12:03 PM) *
The above was first posted in MSDAOL, in response to a provocative post by Aletheia. Remember her.

However, see my newest thread, If anyoen wants to see a photo of Bob Pickle go to:

http://references4links.blogspot.com/2007/...sentatives.html
He is a handsome dude.

That website evidently intends to post about me. We shall see.

Gregory,

While I still find my own self anxious to find out what these two major prosecution mistakes are, I'm pleased to see that you took such great care to respond to Aletheia's provocative post in kind. spoton.gif

Now, have you provided truth4seekers with your photo yet? Will be checking back regularly to see.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jul 25 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 25 2007, 05:40 PM) *
Gregory,

While I still find my own self anxious to find out what these two major prosecution mistakes are, I'm pleased to see that you took such great care to respond to Aletheia's provocative post in kind. spoton.gif

Now, have you provided truth4seekers with your photo yet? Will be checking back regularly to see.

PB

No,I will make them work for anything that they post. My life is pretty open. They should not have much trouble finding any informaiton that they want. But, I am not going to give it to them. I will simply wait to see what they come up with and how hard they tried.

By the way, I am the old guy, not Bob. He is handsome. Me----well, if they were to purchase a stock photo from a supply house I guess they could say some good looking dude is me! Maybe they could get a photo of one of my sons. That would keep it in the family.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jul 25 2007, 09:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 26 2007, 05:53 AM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Jul 25 2007, 08:23 PM) *
No,I will make them work for anything that they post. My life is pretty open. They should not have much trouble finding any informaiton that they want. But, I am not going to give it to them. I will simply wait to see what they come up with and how hard they tried.

By the way, I am the old guy, not Bob. He is handsome. Me----well, if they were to purchase a stock photo from a supply house I guess they could say some good looking dude is me! Maybe they could get a photo of one of my sons. That would keep it in the family.

Gregory,

I checked "truth4seekers" blog again this morning and still no further information posted about you. What I did notice, though, was amazingingly familiar language in truth4seekers' statement "Clarification & Disclaimer":

Clarification & Disclaimer
This blog is for informational purposes only. It is neither affiliated with; nor owned, operated, or managed by The Three Angels Broadcasting Network. Those seeking further information or answers to questions should contact 3ABN at their website

I also noticed that this non-denominationalesque disclaimer didn't include that the blog was in any way funded by The Three Angels Broadcasting Network - either an oversite or maybe truth4seekers is still honing the statement for any future law suits they may plan to file. Or, perhaps the blog is funded by 3abn.

Must keep checking to see if there is further clarification made and any new photos.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jul 26 2007, 05:54 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Grith
post Jul 26 2007, 09:10 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 3,399

Molly Steenson included several exhibits with her affidavit including Exhibit G: Adventist Today Email Newsletter. This is the first time that any evidence has been presented from the plaintiff's side that mentions the (alleged*) pedophilia of Tommy Shelton. My question is-- does this now open the door for the defendants to bring this subject into the lawsuit (assuming that since it was not addressed in the original filing of the lawsuit, it could not be addressed by the defendants, which assumption may be wrong on my part)?

*I use the word alleged because it is the legal term for someone suspected of a crime, but has not been found guilty in a court of law. All the evidence I've seen says he is guilty.

It is also interesting that Exhibit J of MS affidavit is a letter titled Action by the South Pacific Division against 3ABN which is certainly proof that what has been written on this forum regarding this issue is true.

BTW, all the exhibits are at save3abn.

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 26 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Grith @ Jul 26 2007, 09:10 AM) *
Molly Steenson included several exhibits with her affidavit including Exhibit G: Adventist Today Email Newsletter. This is the first time that any evidence has been presented from the plaintiff's side that mentions the (alleged*) pedophilia of Tommy Shelton. My question is-- does this now open the door for the defendants to bring this subject into the lawsuit (assuming that since it was not addressed in the original filing of the lawsuit, it could not be addressed by the defendants, which assumption may be wrong on my part)?

*I use the word alleged because it is the legal term for someone suspected of a crime, but has not been found guilty in a court of law. All the evidence I've seen says he is guilty.

It is also interesting that Exhibit J of MS affidavit is a letter titled Action by the South Pacific Division against 3ABN which is certainly proof that what has been written on this forum regarding this issue is true.

BTW, all the exhibits are at save3abn.

Interesting new documents on save3abn

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jul 26 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 23 2007, 09:38 PM) *
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS

Case No.: 4:07-cv-40098 FDS
Three Angels Broadcasting Network, Inc., an Illinois non-profit corporation, and

Danny Lee Shelton, individually,

Plaintiffs,

v.

Gailon Arthur Joy and

Robert Pickle,

Defendants.
JOINT RULE 26(f) CONFERENCE REPORT (PROPOSED by Defendants)

snip....

Plaintiffs have fraudulently relied upon the Seventh-day Adventist world-wide congregation for the funds to operate, claiming to proclaim the unique-to-Seventh-day Adventists Three Angels’ Messages, while coming to this court and representing themselves as operating a non-denominational institution.

snip...

I was doing a little research last night and came across this "Catch the Vision" publication from 2000:

http://www.beglad.com/download/3abn/cv_winter_2000.pdf

Of particular interest to me was the "About 3ABN" write-up on the second page of their own document which states:

"3ABN is a not-for-profit supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and is a member of Adventist-laymen's Services and Industries (ASI)."

No wonder the judge is getting frustrated!!!

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jul 26 2007, 01:35 PM
Post #41

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 26 2007, 11:19 AM) *

R4H.....

Thanks for the reminder to check for updated documents at save3abn.com. Since Aletheia is now posting at Maritime and has told us she has connections that she claims adds credibility to her "truthful" statements, I thought I would ask her to get the facts for us regarding who has been paying the monthly lease on that jet we all thought a supporter was paying for. Or is it just I that was confused on that fact?

http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/...90777#Post90777

Snoopy, thanks for the link in your post. I think it is unlikely the judge is going to be confused on this but maybe 3abn's law firm might be? I can only wonder how many documents have been printed and distributed over the years claiming they are a "supporting ministry" or how many times it has been said in their televised programing.

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 26 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jul 26 2007, 01:06 PM) *
... "Catch the Vision" publication from 2000:

http://www.beglad.com/download/3abn/cv_winter_2000.pdf

~~Snoopy~~

I went; I saw; I miss Linda more than I thought!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 26 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 26 2007, 08:19 AM) *

Amazed, once again.

PLAINTIFFS' RESPONSIVE MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFFS' MOTION FOR PERMANENT IMPOUNDMENT

Reader's Digested Version: Please hide the facts so they don't tarnish our carefully crafted image.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 27 2007, 05:40 AM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Jul 25 2007, 08:23 PM) *

Gregory,

Guess your mentioning here that you were old worked. It was posted yesterday evening on that blog that they have no interest in seeing your picture because of it. The more likely scenerio is that they probably just couldn't find a picture of you. It does demonstrate, though, how they obviously sit here watching what we post!

Then they had the nerve to get all critical of Bob's facial hair! Talk about a rigid outlook on life. Must be very troubled folk not to like a good beard!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jul 27 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 27 2007, 05:40 AM) *
Gregory,

Guess your mentioning here that you were old worked. It was posted yesterday evening on that blog that they have no interest in seeing your picture because of it. The more likely scenerio is that they probably just couldn't find a picture of you. It does demonstrate, though, how they obviously sit here watching what we post!

Then they had the nerve to get all critical of Bob's facial hair! Talk about a rigid outlook on life. Must be very troubled folk not to like a good beard!

PB

I have had fun with this.

My life is pretty open. If they knew what they were doing they could have found my photo on the Internet, along with a lot of stuff about me. I guess that they just do not know how to research.

Oh, well?

No, I am not posting my photo here. That would be to easy. I am not going to give to them what they could have found with some effort and thinking about it.

They could have found out enough information about me to have written a nice biography.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church