Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14476&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Jonathan Smith Emails To 3abn, and Walt Thompson's replies
PeacefulBe
post Aug 20 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 20 2007, 06:20 PM) *
I wouldn't mention it if I did not.

Yes.... that was the words that were used.

Donations, I assume. The point of the information was that there was no "large donor" who was footing the bills.

Just confirming that it wasn't hearsay for those reading who may not know you well enough to realize that.

I hope this news, that regular donations are supporting this lawsuit, will be either verified or refuted by someone in 3abn leadership.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 20 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Weather it is "regular" donations or not, it's still money being spent that could have been better used elsewhere. Like buying out Danny so he would leave.

Richard

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 20 2007, 09:35 PM) *
Just confirming that it wasn't hearsay for those reading who may not know you well enough to realize that.

I hope this news, that regular donations are supporting this lawsuit, will be either verified or refuted by someone in 3abn leadership.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 21 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 20 2007, 07:23 PM) *
Information I received said it was being paid out of the "general fund".

WB,

Your information source is not correct. The law suit is not being paid for from the "general fund". In fact, it is not being paid for out of general donations at all. According to a member of the BoD, the bills from the law firm are being paid for by a small group of donors who feel that the libelous, slanderous, and misleading content being spread by the save/not site is detracting from and hampering the spread of the gospel.

I asked the following question in an email yesterday:

to: ********** <****************@**********.com>
date: Aug 20, 2007 7:39 PM
subject: Case

Hi ****************,

Who is paying for the law suit and can you give me an idea of how much it has cost to this point?

Thanks,

Here is the exact quote I received via email yesterday:

to: ******** <***********@***********.com>
cc: **************** <**********@**********.com>
date: Aug 20, 2007 10:03 PM
subject: Re: Case

Hi *****************,

3ABN's law suit is not being paid for by our regular donors and supporters, but by those who see and understand the seriousness of the accusations and are willing to sacrifice whatever it costs to continue to glorify God through the work of 3abn. There is no reason to reveal the names of those who prefer to remain anonymous. Likewise, since it is being done anonymously, there is no reason other than curiosity to know the cost.

I hate to be so direct, but so it is.

It would certainly be nice for the save/not group if the legal costs were being paid out of general funding as this would give them a new rant, but as with a large quantity of information spread by this group this "tidbit," thrown out without documentation, is not the truth. From the beginning it was made clear that the law suit would not be funded from donations coming into 3ABN, but would be taken care of by supporters who specifically feel called to defray these specific costs - and this has been the case.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 21 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 21 2007, 08:57 AM) *
Your information source is not correct. The law suit is not being paid for from the "general fund". In fact, it is not being paid for out of general donations at all. According to a member of the BoD, the bills from the law firm are being paid for by a small group of donors who feel that the libelous, slanderous, and misleading content being spread by the save/not site is detracting from and hampering the spread of the gospel.

Well thank you, fhb, for conveying this information straight from one of the board members.

We all know how reliable and straightforward they are.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Aug 21 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 21 2007, 09:57 AM) *
WB,

- FHB

I think the problem is that since no one is sitting in the PR Department chair it has become a "think on the feet" and "shoot from the hip" type of reactions.

You get one e-mail and another person gets another e-mail saying quite a different thing....all coming from "a Board" member".

I know someone who has asked the same question and received a response saying donors ARE paying for the law suit but if they do not want to pay for it, they can state that when they send in their money. It was even stated that the Board is sure the donors would not mind supporting the law suit. Now, I ask how are the donors to know that they NEED to make any clarification as to how their contributions are to be used? A donor just thinks they are giving to the spreading of the Gospel.

The Board needs to understand that it is all about knowing what the right and left hands are doing and keeping truth out in the front where there is no need to backtract and cover up.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Aug 21 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 21 2007, 09:57 AM) *
WB,

- FHB

I think the problem is that since no one is sitting in the PR Department chair it has become a "think on the feet" and "shoot from the hip" type of reactions.

You get one e-mail and another person gets another e-mail saying quite a different thing....all coming from "a Board" member".

I know someone who has asked the same question and received a response saying donors ARE paying for the law suit but if they do not want to pay for it, they can state that when they send in their money. It was even stated that the Board is sure the donors would not mind supporting the law suit. Now, I ask how are the donors to know that they NEED to make any clarification as to how their contributions are to be used? A donor just thinks they are giving to the spreading of the Gospel.

The Board needs to understand that it is all about knowing what the right and left hands are doing and keeping truth out in the front where there is no need to backtract and cover up.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 27 2007, 03:29 AM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(runner4him @ Aug 21 2007, 06:27 PM) *

Attempts have been made to re-structure 3ABN and make it more trustworthy. Without a foundation based on truth it will not function.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 27 2007, 03:32 AM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

We need to keep this in mind:

-------- Original Message --------
Organization: Management Studies, UWI Mona
To: Mollie Steenson, Walt Thompson
CC: Pastor John Lomacang
Subject: Re: 3abn and Lawsuits - Tell it not in Gath
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:44:19 -0500

Dear Dr. Thompson,

Your decision is yours and anyone else involved; I cannot decide for you. Somehow I get the feeling that you believe that a lawsuit may not be the ideal thing but you are going along with it anyway. Note that once you agree to it, you are held responsible for any consequences that may result, both now and hereafter along with the other decision makers.

It is very sad that I sense a certain amount of retribution being sought by this lawsuit, even though Jesus said we should forgive 70 times 7, and that vengeance is His, He will repay.

God's words are "My grace is sufficient for thee." ... That can keep you. If you choose not to operate within the grace of God, then you go it alone. I am not saying you are right or wrong with your complaints - that is to be determined when all the evidence is examined. What I am saying is that your methodology is ungodly, unacceptable to God.

Comparison to Job should not enter the picture any at all, since it defeats your thesis. Though his friends accused him falsely, he did not retaliate. If you are like Job you would lay yourself in the arms of God and say "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him." Job 13:15.

What are the ways that Job would maintain? How was Job described? "... that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." Job 1:1.

In light of 1 Corinthians 6 and the quotes from EGW, I think a lawsuit is evil. If you were like Job you would behave like Job ... this current attitude makes me fear for the souls of the leaders of 3ABN. Do not be railroaded into a decision you may regret. What personal benefit is there in a lawsuit? Can you win? Even if you silence Joy and Pickle, even if you bankrupt them, what prevents people from sending stories all over the place using phantom names and addresses? What prevents stories like what is found in "The Televangelist" (some of which are obviously false, some remain to be proved or disproved) from spreading like wildfire? What prevents 3ABN from spending a lot of time and resources fighting these fires the rest of its time?

A court ruling in your favour is not a victory. It proves nothing - a lot of the outcome is dependent on high-priced lawyers and suspect tactics; it exposes dirty allegations which will bring this sordid mess into the land of the Philistines. There will be great rejoicing in Gath and Ashkelon. God has never approved of a lawsuit between brethren and never will. You have received bad advice ? bad, bad counsel.

This may very well be my last letter to you on this matter; I will still pray for the success of 3ABN but certainly I will not pray for this matter in the way it is handled. My prayer is that God will spare the organization for the good of souls worldwide and for the souls of its staff and friends.

When David got rich and relaxed, he lusted after Bathsheba ? he should have been at war. When Solomon got rich and at ease, he bowed to the gods of his wives. When 3ABN starts operating in forbidden waters, a hellish delight will resound in the satanic world as God's resources are diverted from their true cause. Can you truly say then that we are standing on holy ground?

I pray and I beg you to cease and desist before it is too late.

----------------------------------------------
Jonathan E. Smith

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 27 2007, 08:36 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 21 2007, 10:57 AM) *
WB,

[i]

It would certainly be nice for the save/not group if the legal costs were being paid out of general funding as this would give them a new rant, but as with a large quantity of information spread by this group this "tidbit," thrown out without documentation, is not the truth. From the beginning it was made clear that the law suit would not be funded from donations coming into 3ABN, but would be taken care of by supporters who specifically feel called to defray these specific costs - and this has been the case.

- FHB

Sorry, I'm going to need more documentation and proof of this.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 7 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 27 2007, 11:32 AM) *
We need to keep this in mind:

-------- Original Message --------
Organization: Management Studies, UWI Mona
To: Mollie Steenson, Walt Thompson
CC: Pastor John Lomacang
Subject: Re: 3abn and Lawsuits - Tell it not in Gath
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:44:19 -0500

Dear Dr. Thompson,

Your decision is yours and anyone else involved; I cannot decide for you. Somehow I get the feeling that you believe that a lawsuit may not be the ideal thing but you are going along with it anyway. Note that once you agree to it, you are held responsible for any consequences that may result, both now and hereafter along with the other decision makers.

It is very sad that I sense a certain amount of retribution being sought by this lawsuit, even though Jesus said we should forgive 70 times 7, and that vengeance is His, He will repay.

God's words are "My grace is sufficient for thee." ... That can keep you. If you choose not to operate within the grace of God, then you go it alone. I am not saying you are right or wrong with your complaints - that is to be determined when all the evidence is examined. What I am saying is that your methodology is ungodly, unacceptable to God.

Comparison to Job should not enter the picture any at all, since it defeats your thesis. Though his friends accused him falsely, he did not retaliate. If you are like Job you would lay yourself in the arms of God and say "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him." Job 13:15.

What are the ways that Job would maintain? How was Job described? "... that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." Job 1:1.

In light of 1 Corinthians 6 and the quotes from EGW, I think a lawsuit is evil. If you were like Job you would behave like Job ... this current attitude makes me fear for the souls of the leaders of 3ABN. Do not be railroaded into a decision you may regret. What personal benefit is there in a lawsuit? Can you win? Even if you silence Joy and Pickle, even if you bankrupt them, what prevents people from sending stories all over the place using phantom names and addresses? What prevents stories like what is found in "The Televangelist" (some of which are obviously false, some remain to be proved or disproved) from spreading like wildfire? What prevents 3ABN from spending a lot of time and resources fighting these fires the rest of its time?

A court ruling in your favour is not a victory. It proves nothing - a lot of the outcome is dependent on high-priced lawyers and suspect tactics; it exposes dirty allegations which will bring this sordid mess into the land of the Philistines. There will be great rejoicing in Gath and Ashkelon. God has never approved of a lawsuit between brethren and never will. You have received bad advice ? bad, bad counsel.

This may very well be my last letter to you on this matter; I will still pray for the success of 3ABN but certainly I will not pray for this matter in the way it is handled. My prayer is that God will spare the organization for the good of souls worldwide and for the souls of its staff and friends.

When David got rich and relaxed, he lusted after Bathsheba ? he should have been at war. When Solomon got rich and at ease, he bowed to the gods of his wives. When 3ABN starts operating in forbidden waters, a hellish delight will resound in the satanic world as God's resources are diverted from their true cause. Can you truly say then that we are standing on holy ground?

I pray and I beg you to cease and desist before it is too late.

Jonathan E. Smith

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church