Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14596&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:22:48 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Merger Off?
awesumtenor
post Aug 13 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #166

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 12 2007, 08:18 PM) *
are you serious? being vegan will help you to be closer to God?

I think the last person to insist there was a causal relationship between veganism and heightened spirituality did so immediately preceding his admitting that he had a sexual liason outside marriage which resulted in his fathering a child... also out of marriage... all after he became a vegan...

You don't need a PhD to see this doesnt add up; I know a brotha or three with a GED who can see what time it is there...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denny
post Aug 13 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #167

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 13 2007, 04:35 PM) *
I think the last person to insist there was a causal relationship between veganism and heightened spirituality did so immediately preceding his admitting that he had a sexual liason outside marriage which resulted in his fathering a child... also out of marriage... all after he became a vegan...

You don't need a PhD to see this doesnt add up; I know a brotha or three with a GED who can see what time it is there...

In His service,
Mr. J

Maybe he was working off the undigested parts of his animalistic diet when he 'fell'...... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 13 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #168

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 12 2007, 05:31 PM) *
Anything that helps the mind think more clearly can help us in our relationship with God.

So ... scratchchin.gif does knowledge bring us closer to God? Does knowledge have any relationship with a more sanctified life?

And the Greek word for knowledge is ... band2.gif drumroll ...

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 13 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #169

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Aug 13 2007, 04:41 AM) *
Obviously, everything is not in the bible---Television cds, and a number of other things. Now if you no longer believe what Adventist say then why call yourself Adventist the doctrins and truth will not change. But really folks common sense must apply bangin.gif Thank goodness for the writings of Ellen White which allow us to escape some of the sickness and suffering and to pass on this knowledge to others. Again the polution and things that exist now did not exist in Jesus time----I am so thankful for he light we have now.

True, there are forms of pollution today that were not present in Jesus time. Knowledge and health are fine and good. I have no problem with the dissemination of health information as a means of helping people to feel better and live fuller lives, but to create a salvational doctrine out of it is another thing entirely.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 13 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #170

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

SE, epignosis? That's the only Greek word for it that I have found with Google so far.

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 13 2007, 11:13 AM) *
True, there are forms of pollution today that were not present in Jesus time. Knowledge and health are fine and good. I have no problem with the dissemination of health information as a means of helping people to feel better and live fuller lives, but to create a salvational doctrine out of it is another thing entirely.

beartrap,

Pretty much the only metal present in fish around the time of Jesus was the silver shekel Peter was to find and use to pay the temple tax. Now, most every variety of fish has mercury and who knows what else lodged in its flesh thanks to some who have been careless with their manufacturing waste.

Are we ready to form a consensus that veganism in not salvific?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 13 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #171

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

SE, epignosis? That's the only Greek word for it that I have found with Google so far.

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 13 2007, 11:13 AM) *

beartrap,

Pretty much the only metal present in fish around the time of Jesus was the silver shekel Peter was to find and use to pay the temple tax. Now, most every variety of fish has mercury and who knows what else lodged in its flesh thanks to some who have been careless with their manufacturing waste.

Are we ready to form a consensus that veganism in not salvific?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 13 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #172

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 13 2007, 09:19 AM) *
so then its safe to say that your veganism cannot help (did not help) you to determine when an action is unethical.... and you wish for more people to adopt a vegan eating style.... that is scary....

I fail to see how publishing the Nick Miller story was unethical, especially when his email had become a part of court discovery amterials.

Now can you imagine what I could say next as a retort, but won't, since it might be a tad unethical?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 13 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #173

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 03:23 PM) *
I fail to see how publishing the Nick Miller story was unethical, especially when his email had become a part of court discovery amterials.

Now can you imagine what I could say next as a retort, but won't, since it might be a tad unethical?

Did it's being part of "court discovery materials" make it part of the public record?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 13 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #174

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

It will at some point, but that kind of thing isn't automatic anymore. Discovery materials can be turned over to the other side at this stage without being filed with the court.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 13 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #175

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 03:43 PM) *
It will at some point, but that kind of thing isn't automatic anymore. Discovery materials can be turned over to the other side at this stage without being filed with the court.

It "will at some point" means it is not currently... which begs the question of what benefit is derived from not waiting until it is actually a matter of public record; most would agree that once it entered the public record, that would have released you from any agreement of confidentiality you may have made with Nick Miller... and this never becomes an issue. Perhaps there is some benefit that you'd have missed out on had you not disclosed this... but the reason you've gotten so much opposition is because few, if any, can see that there is such a derived benefit much less that it outweighed the agreement made with Nick Miller.

You of course, retain the prerogative to disagree with any or all... my admonition to you is that in exercising said prerogative you do not approximate that which you fight so valiantly against...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 13 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #176

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Aug 13 2007, 01:19 AM) *
Could it be the reason you think the way you do is because you are a meat head smile.gif

Did you call me a meat head?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 13 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #177

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 13 2007, 01:57 PM) *
So ... scratchchin.gif does knowledge bring us closer to God? Does knowledge have any relationship with a more sanctified life?

And the Greek word for knowledge is ... band2.gif drumroll ...

Let's leave Marcion and his merry band of theological miscreants out of this, ok? I don't think they're ready for that...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 13 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #178

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 02:23 PM) *

Nope I cannot imagine what thoughts run through your vegan influenced mind. If your not being able to see that releasing the Miller email was wrong and you claim that veganism helps one to think clearly, I shudder at the thoughts bouncing around in your head.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 13 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #179

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 13 2007, 03:34 PM) *
It "will at some point" means it is not currently... which begs the question of what benefit is derived from not waiting until it is actually a matter of public record; most would agree that once it entered the public record, that would have released you from any agreement of confidentiality you may have made with Nick Miller... and this never becomes an issue. Perhaps there is some benefit that you'd have missed out on had you not disclosed this... but the reason you've gotten so much opposition is because few, if any, can see that there is such a derived benefit much less that it outweighed the agreement made with Nick Miller.

You of course, retain the prerogative to disagree with any or all... my admonition to you is that in exercising said prerogative you do not approximate that which you fight so valiantly against...

In His service,
Mr. J

I see now where part of the problem may be coming from. Did Gailon ever make such an agreement with Nick?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 13 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #180

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 13 2007, 04:35 PM) *
Nope I cannot imagine what thoughts run through your vegan influenced mind. If your not being able to see that releasing the Miller email was wrong and you claim that veganism helps one to think clearly, I shudder at the thoughts bouncing around in your head.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you have yet explained how Duane releasing Tommy's letter without Tommy's permission is different than Gailon releasing Nick's letter without his permission.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:22 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church