Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14951&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:44 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Curious, Curious
appletree
post Aug 19 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 19 2007, 06:22 AM) *
y
Fran states she has experienced their accounting procedures, and she is an experienced accountant. With what greater authority can you prove that she is wrong?

Simple. No offense to Fran but read her posts. They are full of accusations, her opinion, what if's and could be's. Her comment above about "forgery" as well as many other like minded statements prove nothing. Neither does her one specific donation and her opinion that it was handled "all wrong." Fran says she has never been to 3abn but then continues on with "breakdowns" of all of their financial documentation. Her "opinions" come from the limited records that she can access online. Hardly a fully structured financial picture. Unless she is there, everday, hands on in the accounting department, she could not possibly have a clear picture of what they do or don't do. Anything else is speculation.

Documentation is one thing, and accountability something else, with that I agree. As a cash and item supporter, I have dealt with 3abn in both area's. They were willing and able to answer all of my questions and then back it up with documentation. Accountability has been shared over different issues to thousands of supporters all through the years with no problem. Sharing with Pickle, Joy and their accomplices, is a different story altogether. How intelligent do we need to be to figure out why?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Aug 19 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 19 2007, 03:14 PM) *
Unless she is there, everday, hands on in the accounting department, she could not possibly have a clear picture of what they do or don't do. Anything else is speculation.

Hi Appletree,

If the above statement is true, why does every conference have at least one auditor, whose job is to examine local church records every year or so and pronounce them complete and accurate or not? How can they possibly in that few hours, have an idea of the health of that particular church's books if they were not there, everyday, hands on? How do forensic accountants have any credibility with the courts? I am not an accountant, but have had business/treasurer experience in several venues, and that is what a paper trail and documentation are for, so that someone who wasn't there every day can see what went on, even while they were not there.

Many crimes (and I am not accusing anyone of a crime here, just making an observation) happen with no witnesses other than the perpetrator and the victim. But that doesn't keep the courts from investigating them. I was on a jury once for a DUI case. None of us had been there when he wrecked. But the scene was combed for clues and facts that were available--the time he left the bar, the length of the skid marks, his blood alcohol level, his behavior in the bar, all was brought out and examined and we came to a decision based on information that was (gasp) secondhand. That we did not see ourselves, nor have any part in discovering. Clues are not as good as being a witness to the facts, that is true. But taken with other clues and other clues, especially if there is accurate documentation, they can exhonerate a person or organization.

So if the correct procedures have been followed, 3ABN has nothing to worry about. Their honesty and integrity will be proven.

shepherdswife
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church