Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15058&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:06:51 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Build-a-poll, (franchises coming to your neighborhood soon)
Johann
post Aug 29 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 29 2007, 05:04 PM) *
You lost me on this one Johann. How does this apply to anything? I suspect you aren't suggesting that this should be a policy of the church today as the sudden vacancies might be quite numerous.

-bear

I don't have my historic notes here by my laptop, but as I remember it was one of the early GC presidents by the name of Olson. I was referring to how some so called historic Adventists refer to that we should follow the teachings and example of our pioneers in everything. Here is but one example from our early history.

The principle that would still apply today in this case would, in my opinion, demand of Danny Shelton to step down as president of 3ABN while all of the allegations are being examined by the church. A number of tribunals have taken place, bur Linda nor her supporters have not had access to a single one of these to date. This is quite contrary to the rules of the Seventh-day Adventist church.

In stead Danny Shelton has remained in office, yielding his whip at anyone questioning the propriety of his immoral actions, especially because of position he holds in a ministry affiliated with the Church. He has now even gone so far as to taking those questioning his behavior to a federal civil court.

Some of us feel this is highly inappropriate, and we feel it is our Christian duty to discuss the issues openly, because his behavior has been exhibited openly before the whole world.

I invite you to read a letter to Linda written by a Judge who has watched Danny's behavior on 3ABN. It is found under Letters to Linda.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 29 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 29 2007, 10:50 AM) *
I don't have my historic notes here by my laptop, but as I remember it was one of the early GC presidents by the name of Olson. I was referring to how some so called historic Adventists refer to that we should follow the teachings and example of our pioneers in everything. Here is but one example from our early history.

The principle that would still apply today in this case would, in my opinion, demand of Danny Shelton to step down as president of 3ABN while all of the allegations are being examined by the church. A number of tribunals have taken place, bur Linda nor her supporters have not had access to a single one of these to date. This is quite contrary to the rules of the Seventh-day Adventist church.

In stead Danny Shelton has remained in office, yielding his whip at anyone questioning the propriety of his immoral actions, especially because of position he holds in a ministry affiliated with the Church. He has now even gone so far as to taking those questioning his behavior to a federal civil court.

Some of us feel this is highly inappropriate, and we feel it is our Christian duty to discuss the issues openly, because his behavior has been exhibited openly before the whole world.

I invite you to read a letter to Linda written by a Judge who has watched Danny's behavior on 3ABN. It is found under Letters to Linda.

Thanks for the clarification Johann. I have no idea what the circumstances were surrounding the resignation you referenced and I guess for me it's not really that important. The man made a personal decision that he apparently felt was right and that's good enough. I can't personally accept his resignation as a binding principle on anyone else. We do well to answer for our personal shortcomings without assuming guilt for others.

This does bring an intriguing question to mind though. Would membership today be more concerned with this out of wedlock birth or with the same mother that chose to terminate the birth through abortion? I've never been able to get a handle on the church position on abortion. Do you know if the church has a position on abortion?

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 29 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 29 2007, 09:22 AM) *
Thanks for the clarification Johann. I have no idea what the circumstances were surrounding the resignation you referenced and I guess for me it's not really that important. The man made a personal decision that he apparently felt was right and that's good enough. I can't personally accept his resignation as a binding principle on anyone else. We do well to answer for our personal shortcomings without assuming guilt for others.

This does bring an intriguing question to mind though. Would membership today be more concerned with this out of wedlock birth or with the same mother that chose to terminate the birth through abortion? I've never been able to get a handle on the church position on abortion. Do you know if the church has a position on abortion?
-bear

Sounds like good poll fodder, bear.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 29 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 29 2007, 01:05 PM) *

Maybe PB, but not by me. I would not want to detract from the seriousness of the issue by trying to devise a poll that would work. You know me, I couldn't resist adding a choice to the question of why the church frowns on pre-marital sex, such as "The church is convinced it will undoubtedly lead to dancing."

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 29 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 29 2007, 11:05 AM) *

Off topic.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 29 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 29 2007, 11:25 AM) *
Off topic.

I apologize, Artiste. I will petition both Yogus Bearus and the administrators to take immediate action to rectify this breech in decorum and ask that they consider removing the offensive post and decide whether or not a temporary suspension is in order for me, as well. Heaven only knows that I deserve it.

I will try not to let it happen again.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 29 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 29 2007, 02:06 PM) *
I apologize, Artiste. I will petition both Yogus Bearus and the administrators to take immediate action to rectify this breech in decorum and ask that they consider removing the offensive post and decide whether or not a temporary suspension is in order for me, as well. Heaven only knows that I deserve it.

I will try not to let it happen again.

OK, PB, that was funny. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 29 2007, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 29 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 29 2007, 01:25 PM) *
Off topic.

Let's see here, a reference to "poll fodder" under the topic "Build-A-Poll" is....

You're absoulutely right! Thanks for getting us back on track. I will join PB and requesting forgiveness for this breech.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 29 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 29 2007, 02:23 PM) *
Let's see here, a reference to "poll fodder" under the topic "Build-A-Poll" is....

You're absoulutely right! Thanks for getting us back on track. I will join PB and requesting forgiveness for this breech.

-bear

The poll with questions on-out-of wedlock births, abortion, and sex leading to dancing, as suggested by YB, might be appropriate in the "Cafe" forum.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 29 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 29 2007, 02:48 PM) *
The poll with questions on-out-of wedlock births, abortion, and sex leading to dancing, as suggested by YB, might be appropriate in the "Cafe" forum.

And let us not forget, when building that poll in the proper forum, that pre-marital sex also leads to 4/4 beat praise music, which we all know to be the root of every evil known to modern man.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 29 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 29 2007, 04:48 PM) *

There we go. Thank you for saying what you really meant.

I agree that the questions regarding out-of-wedlock births, and abortion would probably not be topical for the 3abn section. I'm guessing Theology would be appropriate but you of course are entitled to your opinion as to where. As to "sex leading to dancing", that was a ill advised comment on my part and I apologize to any who were offended. I have to remind myself that a few will not find the humorous memories that I have of growing up Adventist that funny.

I would ask if you had any thoughts on the churches stance on abortion but you probably want me to do that elsewhere.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:06 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church