Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15137&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:05:10 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New 3abn President, Jim Gilley
Snoopy
post Sep 4 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 4 2007, 01:27 AM) *
All of you, and that means YOU Beartrap! and Snoopy! and Princess Di! and Ex-3ABN!

Someday REAL soon, you are each going to find yourselves with curly red-dyed hair & the beginnings of a red-dyed moustache... You might even have a little bit of a drawl in your voice too.

How dare any of you question the Prophet & lone visionary of this non-denominational network?

I can do the draaawwwllll when I need to... but I ain't never had a moustache bafore...

Ya might wanna be ceerful who ya threaten wid dat facial hair....or yur stasy might git threatened too...

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Sep 4 2007, 12:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 4 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Sep 4 2007, 01:34 AM) *
I can do the draaawwwllll when I need to... but I ain't never had a moustache bafore...

Ya might wanna be ceerful who ya threaten wid dat facial hair....or yur stasy might git threatened too...

Snoopy, with your experience as the Sopwith Camel pilot, you might consider flying Danny in his jet to his many fund-raising appearances now that he is no longer 3ABN's president...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 4 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #123

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Sep 3 2007, 11:34 PM) *

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif Now Snoopy! Don't you be threatening to apost anyone's stasy... especially with a drawl. And I've already told Lowender that it is not a mustache, it is pigtails!

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 4 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

OK you two...cut it out.

Didn't ya know?? I ain't allowed on no planes no more - not pilotin, not photographin, nothin. So there.

And as for you, beatrap...ya ain't got no handle on aposting people's stasy's. So there. Not until yer willin to share sum of dem herbs n spices...dat might be werth flyin fer...

AND...it ain't moustaches OR pigtails. It's LONG FLOPPY EARS! Got it? Good.

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Sep 4 2007, 01:04 AM

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 4 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 4 2007, 01:45 AM) *
roflmao.gif rofl1.gif Now Snoopy! Don't you be threatening to apost anyone's stasy... especially with a drawl. And I've already told Lowender that it is not a mustache, it is pigtails!

Now since ya'll have been cursed with a red moustache, red curly hair & a drawl, just don't go out and pick up on a girl younger than your daughter!

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 4 2007, 04:34 AM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 4 2007, 09:02 AM) *
Now since ya'll have been cursed with a red moustache, red curly hair & a drawl, just don't go out and pick up on a girl younger than your daughter!

who'll be the last one to get serious here?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Sep 4 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #127

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 4 2007, 01:34 AM) *

Appletree posted:
Beartrap, I have watched you for many months. Even though one definitely knows what side you are on, you have been very careful in how you word your posts. Lately you have done just the opposite. As in the above, calling Danny and 3abn liars. Could it be that Pickle's and Joy's claims of financial settlements have tempted you to go against your better judgement and make rash accusations stated as fact? Since they have proven time and again to be, less than credible, maybe you would be safer to curb your allegations lest your statements come back to bite you in the...well, you know.

Do you know who you are talking to? I'm jes' askin'............... Or maybe you do, and are you threatening another member? Now, one just makes you ignorant and the other will get you banned. Which one is it?dunno.gif

Just an observation, but in reading the above. one could ask Princess Di the exact same thing...

And one could take her words as either a warning or a threat depending on how different people view her and (or) the situation.

I myself think there is a big difference between warnings and threats.. Christ's people warn,and point out the consequences to help people understand or see. others threaten, coerce, and intimidate.

To me this is a good example of people reading the exact same words and interpreting it in different ways, and a good example of why we should not judge motive and intent based on our own opinions.

Which one is it?

I read Appletrees post and words too and I would say it is neither of the above

I'm quite sure Appletree knows who beartrap is, and I'm equally sure it wasn't a threat.

I took it as a admonition to go back to being careful, and to think before making accusations which can't be proved. Opinions after all aren't proof. That is wise advice for all here on both sides in these issues.

My 2 cent piece.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Sep 4 2007, 07:36 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 4 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #128

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 4 2007, 09:32 AM) *
Do you know who you are talking to? I'm jes' askin'............... Or maybe you do, and are you threatening another member? Now, one just makes you ignorant and the other will get you banned. Which one is it?dunno.gif
Just an observation, but in reading the above. one could ask Princess Di the exact same thing...

And one could take her words as either a warning or a threat depending on how different people view her and (or) the situation.

As a forum administrator, it is her prerogative to threaten... if you find that unacceptable, remember the door that brought you in here swings out just as easily.

I myself think there is a big difference between warnings and threats.. Christ's people warn,and point out the consequences to help people understand or see. others threaten, coerce, and intimidate.

So now, Di is not one of Christ's people? Do you really want to go there, especially given the tenor of a great number of your posts and the attempts in them on your part to cajole, coerce and intimidate... Based on said posts, should we then conclude you are not one of Christ's people?

To me this is a good example of people reading the exact same words and interpreting it in different ways, and a good example of why we should not judge motive and intent based on our own opinions.

Which one is it?

I read Appletrees post and words too and I would say it is neither of the above

I'm quite sure Appletree knows who beartrap is, and I'm equally sure it wasn't a threat.

I took it as a admonition to go back to being careful, and to think before making accusations which can't be proved. Opinions after all aren't proof. That is wise advice for all here on both sides in these issues.

My 2 cent piece.

And when you open Cindy's forum it will matter how you viewed appletree's post... until then, however...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Sep 4 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #129

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

*sigh* blink.gif so...a new president has been announced...will anything change at 3ABN or will it be business as usual? Well...as the old Caribbean folk say: "We shall see what we shall see..."

This post has been edited by caribbean sda: Sep 4 2007, 08:51 AM

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 4 2007, 09:16 AM
Post #130

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 4 2007, 03:32 PM) *
[color="#800080"]

And your posts are a good example, which proves your point. Thanks!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 4 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #131

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 4 2007, 04:50 PM) *
*sigh* blink.gif so...a new president has been announced...will anything change at 3ABN or will it be business as usual? Well...as the old Caribbean folk say: "We shall see what we shall see..."

It is reported through church channels that the new president will have nothing to do with the court case. Will 3ABN then give it up, if their president will have nothing to do with it?

Does that leave Danny out in the cold? Will Danny then fight the case all by himself, or with whose support? How will 3ABN define the case, if it is not supported by the new president?

We are also told that a church administrator states, as his personal opinion, that the Seventh-day Adventist Church has no more use for 3ABN, since the Lord has provided other and better avenues of proclaiming the message to the World. Not all of us agree fully with him, and this is why we think 3ABN should be saved to proclaim the gospel.

Neither do we agree with an AF insider stating that if Joy and Pickle knew all they have discovered about 3ABN, then J/P would be having a heyday in court.

This post has been edited by Johann: Sep 4 2007, 09:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 4 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #132

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 3 2007, 11:15 PM) *
As in the above, calling Danny and 3abn liars.

Please demonstrate that what BearTrap said was not true.

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 3 2007, 11:30 PM) *
He used the words that he wanted to be a help to Danny and 3abn. Not take over, not clean up supposed corruption, but a help to spreading the gospel which is as it should be. ...

When you thought it would be Doug, you attacked him. Now you know it is Jim G. so he is under fire. Or, in your case Pickle, Walt is under fire for repeating what Jim said. Same old story, same old line. Nothing new here under the sun.

So we have AppleTree on the record that he believes Jim Gilley will not be cleaning up the corruption. Thus, according to AppleTree, Elder Gilley will be part of the problem, not part of the solution. I beg to differ, since I choose to give Elder Gilley the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

And AppleTree, could you be so kind as to quote where I "attacked" Doug?

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 3 2007, 11:38 PM) *
Yes he has accepted
Yes Danny will remain as founder/consultant
Yes he will move to Southern Il

Danny will remain? How so? Linda wasn't allowed to remain even though the charges against her were never documented to the point that the charges against Danny presently are. Why the diff? Is this how we spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y?

Will Danny be CEO? Will Jim Gilley answer to Danny, or will Danny answer to Jim Gilley? Which is it?

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 3 2007, 11:46 PM) *
Long ago allegations against TS have nothing to do with 3abn past present or future. Contrary to the lies told here, the board minutes will prove, if need be, that TS WAS NOT fired many years ago from 3abn for any wrong doing. Now, that being said, there were no accusations against him during the time that he worked at 3abn in recent years and is no longer there anyway.

And are you prepared to certify under oath that the board minutes have not been altered in any way, unlike the billing records in the Nick Miller story, and that the board minutes reflect all the reasons that were behind the board's decision?

I once was on a committee that purposely kept something out of the minutes to avoid detection. I told them all, "We can't do that. We're not like Bill Clinton." It was dead silence for a few moments. (If you object to the particular politician I mentioned, substitute a different name.)

As far as no recent accusations against Tommy goes, that isn't the issue. The issue is that Danny covered up those allegations in 2003, even though it potentially put 3ABN and the Illinois Conference at risk. And for that, Danny should resign. And Jim Gilley, being a former conference president, knows full well the potential liability conduct like Danny's can cause. It gets discussed all the time in conference meetings.

I talked to a head elder recently who sits on a conference committee, and he knew all about these kind of liability issues.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 4 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 4 2007, 10:22 AM) *
It is reported through church channels that the new president will have nothing to do with the court case. Will 3ABN then give it up, if their president will have nothing to do with it?

Does that leave Danny out in the cold? Will Danny then fight the case all by himself, or with whose support? How will 3ABN define the case, if it is not supported by the new president?

If 3ABN pulls out and Danny fights it alone, who will foot the bill?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 4 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #134

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

LOL!!! Lowender you had better check the Gallery! In my case, this will be more of a miracle than you know! LOL!!!

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 3 2007, 11:27 PM) *
All of you, and that means YOU Beartrap! and Snoopy! and Princess Di! and Ex-3ABN!

Someday REAL soon, you are each going to find yourselves with curly red-dyed hair & the beginnings of a red-dyed moustache... You might even have a little bit of a drawl in your voice too.

How dare any of you question the Prophet & lone visionary of this non-denominational network?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 4 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #135

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Gurl, please1 If you don't know, you betta ask somebody! I was giving him the benefit of the doubt when I said he didn't know who was talking to,a nd you know it. That thinly veiled threat is not working here. Yes, Appletree has been warned, and it is a promise not a threat that if he or any of you others try that one again you will be banned.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 4 2007, 06:32 AM) *

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:05 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church