Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15167&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:58:36 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton/3abn Board Are Innocent?, Well, then, there must be some proof, so bring it on!
YogusBearus
post Sep 14 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #106

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 14 2007, 05:04 PM) *
It's all on video, and at least one other member here backs it up, stating that he was there when it happened.

Can we get some kind of confirmation that this response that you received is in fact from Kirk Talley? No offense, but your word alone is not enough.

Excuse me for chuckling but I was trying to imagine what adequate confirmation/proof would look like and I’m coming up empty. I’m not sure how I would react to someone telling me my word was not enough. What do you do with a statement like that?

Please Mr. Joy, post something huge quickly! We’re dying here...

-bear

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Sep 14 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(Dona @ Sep 14 2007, 07:04 PM) *
I copy and pasted just what he wrote.

If you need verification, maybe this will help.

Thanks, Dona for posting the entire email, even the part that you wrote. It is much more credible and I appreciate it.

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 14 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #108

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Yes, Dona, I really appreciate that as well. It is as I thought, and I would have responded in the same manner.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 14 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #109

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Dona @ Sep 14 2007, 06:04 PM) *

Most here would rather believe 2nd hand information from one who claims he was there than from the actual man that was there. That's ok Dona. Your proof is as good as it gets and much more than most provide here.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Sep 14 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #110

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 14 2007, 05:32 PM) *
TVsnack.gif

move over, girl...and share some of that popcorn with me... pepsi.gif i have my own beverage...

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Sep 14 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #111

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 14 2007, 10:49 AM) *
Gregory,

Twice your posts have spoken about the training in transference and cross transference that many counselors receive and it demostrates to me that our denomination needs to train our pastors and leaders in the same way so that they have the necessary tools to counsel wisely.

I have appreciated Gregory's thoughtful posts. Besides knowing a little psychology, it may be wise if a pastor/teacher/whoever, who does some counseling, were also trained to realize when he needs to back off and refer the client to someone else. As a volunteer on a crisis phone line, I am keenly aware of my limitation -- and I am also aware of my hot buttons. There is one issue in particular that I immediately refer to someone else because is a hot button for me. [If curious, PM me.]

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 14 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #112

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 14 2007, 04:35 PM) *
Most here would rather believe 2nd hand information from one who claims he was there than from the actual man that was there. That's ok Dona. Your proof is as good as it gets and much more than most provide here.

Oops, Appletree.... are you certain Justice4Jesus wasn't there? If he was, his report (if truthful) is just as significant as the "actual man" that was there. Info from a witness is first-hand. An email posted by a person who was not there from a man who doesn't even recall the incident would be less than first-hand. But who's making an issue of that?

BTW, how do you know that most here would rather believe 2nd hand information? Was Dona a witness? Were you? How much of the information that you, Dona, Aletheia, etc., have reported here is information that you are first-hand witnesses to? How much of it is from someone who you each trust to be telling the truth?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 14 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Dona @ Sep 14 2007, 06:04 PM) *

Sorry. I couldn't get the e-mail to show up here. Everyone please go back and check for yourself if you are interested.

As for you, Dona....congratulations! The posting of real evidence. Wasn't so bad, was it?

Now for the other issues....Kirk is not denying that this incident happened. He is merely stating that he does not recall it. I have no reason to doubt his word. Besides, why would meeting Danny Shelton be such a memorable experience?

Second, Kirk states that he has known Danny for several years. It has been several years since the interview took place, so we can assume that this is true. The point is that the two were obviously not good friends, as Danny reportedly claimed, prior to this interview, because Kirk didn't even know Danny's name.

Third, your statement to Kirk that this post was used to hurt Danny is not true, and you know it, Dona! You are the one who is hurt because your precious Danny has been proven yet again to be less than truthful with people at times.

Lastly, you did not have my permission to share my e-mail with anyone else or to post it anywhere on the Internet, so now I am going to have to hire an attorney to go after you (tongue-in-cheek).

But in any case, congrats again for producing the evidence that was requested. I pray that certain others will follow your lead in this regard.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 14 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #114

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ralph @ Sep 14 2007, 05:11 PM) *
I have appreciated Gregory's thoughtful posts. Besides knowing a little psychology, it may be wise if a pastor/teacher/whoever, who does some counseling, were also trained to realize when he needs to back off and refer the client to someone else. As a volunteer on a crisis phone line, I am keenly aware of my limitation -- and I am also aware of my hot buttons. There is one issue in particular that I immediately refer to someone else because is a hot button for me. [If curious, PM me.]

While I am a bit surprised that you have "hot buttons"(not really - all humans do), it is most refreshing to know that you have the training and understanding of the importance of not attempting to deal with a client whose issues might push them. I have also appreciated Gregory's thoughtful posts.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 14 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 14 2007, 06:35 PM) *

Didn't take you long to mess up here either, Appletree. I NEVER claimed to be there when this happened. I said I saw the video, which I did, but I NEVER said I was there. Ex3ABNemployee said he was there, and he said so right here on this board. No legit reason for any of us to doubt his word. What's more, he verified what I had originally posted.

You are more than welcome to post in response to anything I post, but I would appreciate your keeping the facts straight when you do so.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 14 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #116

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Ralph @ Sep 14 2007, 06:11 PM) *

Very important.

No one person can be everything to everyone.

One must know their own limitations and refer when appropriate.

Part of knowing when to refer is when one recognized that internal stuff going on inside of one is a roadblock to helping the other person.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 14 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #117

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok, Gurl, Have some fried meaty bits? snack.gif
QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 14 2007, 05:05 PM) *
move over, girl...and share some of that popcorn with me... pepsi.gif i have my own beverage...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 14 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

Apple tree...

Do you think any of these blogs would be happening if Danny had never dumped his wife, then lied about her, trashing her character on his program?

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Sep 15 2007, 04:39 AM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Dona @ Sep 14 2007, 05:04 PM) *

Thanks for you info. Just wondering............ uhm.gif

I read that you asked him for permission to post his response. Did he give it to you? I just did not see it anywhere in the email.

This post has been edited by runner4him: Sep 15 2007, 04:42 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 15 2007, 04:53 AM
Post #120

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Hmm. Two of Kirk Talley's email addresses left in the posting?

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church