Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15227&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:53:38 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Board Of Directors Official Position..., Is 3ABN affiliated with the SDA Church or not??
beartrap
post Sep 9 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

Aletheia, I am sure you have a good explanation. We simply want to know how the statements from those two current and active court cases are saying the same thing. I am sure you would disagree that the two statements paint opposing pictures of 3ABN, even though it seems that they do. I really do wonder how either, or both, of the courts will see that if either of them is presented with the statement from the other. I suppose that we will find out when it happens.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 9 2007, 06:50 AM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

This thread is closed for review. Let me say that everyone is clear about not attempting to uncover identities here. There is some question about comments Fran made, however upon review she did not suggest name or gender. Aletheia you assumed you knew who she was referring to and mentioned FHB though there is no indication from the post that she was talking about him.

My recommendation, quit taking things personal when people post things, and resist the grandiose idea that everyone is attempting to out you or those close to you. Lastly, focus on issues and not people.

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 9 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

AHO:

We take the issue of hinting at or identifying who members are quite seriously. It is tiresome that either side (pro or anti Danny Shelton) believes it can hint at, make veiled threats about, or suggest the real identities of the members here. It will not be tolerated. Fran your comments warrant a time-out. Think about the guidelines while your posting is suspended. Again, address the issues, resist the urge to take swipes at the people behind the posts.

AHOFF:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Sep 10 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 9 2007, 03:39 PM) *
The member referred to is FHB, a member of this forum, and he is the member Fran addressed by name. His profile states he's male...

Well Aletheia, you sure 'lost' me, coz I didn't see any name mentioned. You were the person who identified FHB as far as I'm concerned. huh.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Sep 10 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Sep 10 2007, 05:18 PM) *
Well Aletheia, you sure 'lost' me, coz I didn't see any name mentioned. You were the person who identified FHB as far as I'm concerned. huh.gif

Oops! Sorry Clay. I had not read your Admin post, before I typed my reply to Aletheia. I've been away and just now catching up.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 11 2007, 05:46 AM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Sep 8 2007, 11:58 PM) *
Yet, in the "Opening Brief" for their Illinois property tax appeal filed with the court on March 8, 2005, 3ABN makes the following statements as "undisputed facts":

Kind of interesting that those documents boldly declare that there isn't any evidence of any private inurement going on, except $20 a year in royalties from a non-3ABN-related company.

Does the purchase of more than a combined $135,000 from D&L Publishing and DLS Publishing in 2003 and 2004, as reported by 3ABN to the IL AG, negate such bold statements? Or am I misreading something?

+Quote Post
erik
post Sep 11 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Sep 7 2007, 10:01 PM) *
I agree, Fran. This is no time for gloating. The lives of many people have to potential to be ruined, or at least forever changed. We need to pray for all involved, including Danny and Tommy. God CAN restore them.

amen, amen, amen

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 11 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 11 2007, 06:46 AM) *
Kind of interesting that those documents boldly declare that there isn't any evidence of any private inurement going on, except $20 a year in royalties from a non-3ABN-related company.

Does the purchase of more than a combined $135,000 from D&L Publishing and DLS Publishing in 2003 and 2004, as reported by 3ABN to the IL AG, negate such bold statements? Or am I misreading something?

Bad math. I should have said $153,000, not $135,000.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 14 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

Appletree,

I see you are here - care to comment on the discrepancy in the lawsuits? I am very interested in your perspective....

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 23 2007, 03:55 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Sep 15 2007, 01:32 AM) *
Appletree,

I see you are here - care to comment on the discrepancy in the lawsuits? I am very interested in your perspective....

~~Snoopy~~

Has this been answered yet?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 10 2007, 09:33 AM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Sep 14 2007, 11:32 PM) *
Appletree,

~~Snoopy~~

Will it be another month before anyone attempts to give an answer to Snoopy's question?

This post has been edited by Johann: Dec 10 2007, 09:34 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
lurker
post Dec 10 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 10 2007, 10:33 AM) *
Will it be another month before anyone attempts to give an answer to Snoopy's question?

Well this is not an answer to Snoopy's question but I found it interesting.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/det...11ebdaf9ae23095

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1077765923035597393NDYlhm

A Google search for Thompsonville Seventh-day Adventist Church turned up the following description:

The Hope of Survivors - CalendarThompsonville Seventh-day Adventist Church (also known as the 3ABN Community Center) 3577 Angel Lane Thompsonville, IL 62890 ...
www.thehopeofsurvivors.com/calendar.asp - 51k - Cached - Similar pages

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 13 2008, 01:52 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I just read this whole thread and noticed that an answer to Snoopy's question still hasn't been answered.

I wonder why they are afraid to answer Snoopy's question?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 13 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 13 2008, 02:52 PM) *
I just read this whole thread and noticed that an answer to Snoopy's question still hasn't been answered.

Daryl,

I believe Aletheia did respond to the question in Snoopy's OP with a link to the the 3abn website. Your question fails to address which question by Snoopy you are refering to as there are at least 3 in this thread.

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=214378

However, once answered, the question changed and became one that no poster will be able to answer IMO no matter how many times this topic is brought up for discussion as I do not believe there is even agreement between the posters as to what the different statements mean. If there is no agreement as to what each statement means then how can we understand any attempt to answer Snoopy's question. But hey. That's just my opinion.

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=214379

Please note that snoopy also asked the question of Appletree but Daryl since you used the term "they" I assumed you were not referring to the question to Appletree.

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=215310

I also question why you use the word "afraid". I find the use of such words not exactly condusive to discussion of issues. Why do you assume they are "afraid" and that is why they do not answer? Have you considered there are other possibilities?

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Jan 13 2008, 03:09 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 13 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 13 2008, 01:52 PM) *

the same reason you are afraid to allow some topics/issues to be discussed on your forum? dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church