Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=390 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:26 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Johann
post Dec 10 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #391

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Back to the subject: What changes have taken place at 3ABN under the leadership of the new president?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
appletree
post Dec 11 2007, 02:48 AM
Post #392

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 10 2007, 09:55 AM) *
Back to the subject: What changes have taken place at 3ABN under the leadership of the new president?

Were there supposed to be changes? Don't you know the old saying "don't fix what aint' broke." Danny is thankful for the assistance. The employees are thankful that Jim has a great attitude and a lot of experience with people. All the viewers and supporters love it that they work together so well and Jim is thankful that when Danny's not in his office, he is just a phone call away.
That's what is going on at 3abn.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Dec 11 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #393

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 11 2007, 02:48 AM) *
Were there supposed to be changes? Don't you know the old saying "don't fix what aint' broke." Danny is thankful for the assistance. The employees are thankful that Jim has a great attitude and a lot of experience with people. All the viewers and supporters love it that they work together so well and Jim is thankful that when Danny's not in his office, he is just a phone call away.

AWWWWW....isn't that sweet?!

....and Danny, Jim and their loyal subjects all lived happily ever after!

THE END!

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
appletree
post Dec 11 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #394

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Dec 11 2007, 08:11 AM) *
AWWWWW....isn't that sweet?!

....and Danny, Jim and their loyal subjects all lived happily ever after!

THE END!

rolleyes.gif

Isn't that what you want? For those proclaiming the message to live happily until Jesus comes? I would hope that for you whether you are in a ministry or not.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 11 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #395

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 11 2007, 03:16 PM) *
Isn't that what you want? For those proclaiming the message to live happily until Jesus comes? I would hope that for you whether you are in a ministry or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, AppleTree, but haven't you been opposing calls for Danny to proclaim the message by his life and example?

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 11 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #396

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

If it ain't broke then why the lawsuit? Usually people sue because something is broke.

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 11 2007, 03:48 AM) *

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Dec 11 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #397

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Yep, same ol same ol except that ol rug keeps getting lumpier and lumpier all the time. Pretty soon someone has to trip over that lumpy rug. ohmy.gif

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
boondoc
post Dec 20 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #398

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,547

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 11 2007, 02:48 AM) *

Who owns 3ABN? Are there shareholders? I know there has been reference to "the shareholders in the pews," but these are actually the customers. They buy the product of 3ABN with their contributions.

But who actually owns the corporation? The major shareholders in a corporation are the ones with the clout. They can replace the Board and the officers at will.

Boondoc

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 20 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #399

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

The federal government requires 501©(3) organizations to report certain information so that the contributors, the stockholders in the pews, can know how their money is being spent.

Think Congress should change the law on that?

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Dec 20 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #400

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Yes, if things aren't broken, then why the lawsuit, and why the push to hide things from the public, as was reported in the other thread?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
boondoc
post Dec 20 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #401

Welcome Newbie

QUOTE(boondoc @ Dec 20 2007, 12:59 PM) *
Who owns 3ABN? Are there shareholders? I know there has been reference to "the shareholders in the pews," but these are actually the customers. They buy the product of 3ABN with their contributions.

But who actually owns the corporation? The major shareholders in a corporation are the ones with the clout. They can replace the Board and the officers at will.

Boondoc

I think I found the answer to my own question in the supporting documentation to the decision by the Illinois Tax Court which I found on this page: http://tax.illinois.gov/legalinformation/h...s/pt/pt04-1.pdf

According to the incorporation documents submitted, the four directors of the company
are Danny L. Shelton, Linda Shelton, Kenneth Joel Shelton, and Emma Lou Shelton. Applicant
failed to produce any evidence that this is not a closely held business with profits inuring to the
family. Applicant failed to establish what the relationship is between Kenneth Joel Shelton,
Emma Lou Shelton, Danny Shelton and Linda Shelton or that the relationship of Kenneth Joel
Shelton and Emma Lou Shelton with Linda and Danny Shelton is not one of direct family. This
is of import because these are the only names of the directors of the applicant, and two of them
are controlling corporate officers. Applicant has produced no evidence to negate the supposition
that Danny and Linda Shelton maintain control of this organization. Although the by-laws state
that the number of directors of the corporation is seven (7) to fifteen (15), applicant failed to
explain the discrepancy between these numbers and the four Shelton directors shown on the
articles of incorporation.....

According to applicant’s
2001 financial statement, applicant’s assets have accumulated to over forty two million dollars
($42,000,000), approximately three times the total revenue for 2001 of slightly under fourteen
million dollars ($14,000,000). Although applicant does not issue capital stock nor has
shareholders, the income raised and accumulated by applicant has allowed it to purchase an
airplane, a state-of-the art recording studio, and other audio/video production facilities and tools.

Boondoc

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 20 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #402

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

They claim those are old documents. I don't think I've seen the newer documents, but I think I've heard of folks who have.

Any out there have the latest that would clarify this issue?

Wait! I think I may have something somewhere. But I have to remember. Ah yes! 3ABN is incorporated in other states too, and I think I've seen newer stuff in filings with another state.

Who knows what might be online at your state's secretary of state's website.

+Quote Post
boondoc
post Dec 20 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #403

Welcome Newbie

QUOTE(Pickle @ Dec 20 2007, 07:23 PM) *
They claim those are old documents. I don't think I've seen the newer documents, but I think I've heard of folks who have.

Any out there have the latest that would clarify this issue?

Wait! I think I may have something somewhere. But I have to remember. Ah yes! 3ABN is incorporated in other states too, and I think I've seen newer stuff in filings with another state.

Who knows what might be online at your state's secretary of state's website.

What am I to conclude from the claim that those are old documents? Am I justified in concluding that 3ABN has been incorporated differently in the meantime? Am I justified in concluding that the substantial assets of 3ABN are owned by "the shareholders in the pews?" What document would give me such justification?

Just wondering.

Boondoc

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 20 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #404

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Is there anything to prevent a non-profit's directors from dissolving the corporation and liquefying the assets for themselves? I mean how does a non-profit go out of business? I'm not suggesting this is going to happen, just curious.

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Dec 20 2007, 07:50 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 20 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #405

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(boondoc @ Dec 20 2007, 07:34 PM) *
What am I to conclude from the claim that those are old documents? Am I justified in concluding that 3ABN has been incorporated differently in the meantime? Am I justified in concluding that the substantial assets of 3ABN are owned by "the shareholders in the pews?" What document would give me such justification?

Just wondering.

Boondoc

I've got what they filed to incorporate in Michigan in 1998. For that one they filed the original 1985 documents which list the first board members, and the documents state it as such.

For the 1999 update, looks like they skipped the identification of their secretary and treasurer, and had to handwrite those in later to correct the omission. I'm only guessing, but that's what it looks like.

No changes reported in 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003.

In 2004 a list of current 13 board members is attached. Linda's name is obviously absent, Mollie is secretary and a director, and Larry Ewing is treasurer. Larry is the one who signed the form, whereas Danny had done that previously, except in 1999 when Moses did it as an apparent engineer/director.

2005's annual report has a list of directors attached as well. Looks identical to that of 2004.

For 2006's report, the attached list no longer has Nick Miller or Ralph Thompson, and Larry Romrell is added. It was signed by Ewing on 9/26/2007, which explains how Romrell's name got on the 2006 report.

The reports for 2007 and 2006 read the same and are dated on the same date. I guess they got the 2006 report in a year late. 2004's report was due on 10/1/2004, and it got signed on 7/7/2005.

Now 2002's report is interesting. It says its deadline is October 1, 2003, and its dated on Sept. 9, 2003. The only thing I can make from that is that Danny used the 2003 form to file his 2002 report on. The 2003 report is on the same form and is dated the same date, but it's definitely not the same piece of paper.

2001's report was only 4 weeks late getting signed (Oct. 29, 2001), plus however long it took to reach the secretary of state's office.

2001's report could have been sent in at the same time as 2000's, but 2000's report is dated September 14, 2000, instead. So it was less than 12 months late.

And Moses got 1999's report filed on time.

At any rate, boondoc, we have official, filed-in-Michigan papers stating who the directors were in 2004, 2005, and 2006. But I'd need to see more before rendering any thoughts on these things.

By the way, anyone can see all these documents by going to http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_co...0NETWORK,%20INC. and clicking the link toward the bottom of the page.

One other thing that is interesting is that in Illinois, Danny was listed as the resident agent, and he is still listed as such in the Illinois Sec. of State's database.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church