Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15294&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:09:18 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Live, The New Prez - Let's Keep It Real
lurker
post Sep 14 2007, 05:25 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

On Thursday's 3ABN Live, the Micheffs were interviewed and 3ABN Books was mentioned. A book (none specified) by Jim Gilley was briefly mentioned as if the thought had just occurred to him and to Brenda. The implication was that 3ABN might feature a book by him some time.

In the light of the issues of money inuring to the past prez and in light of what Danny Shelton said in the past about not taking money for the Books and CDs produced on the 3ABN Label http://tinyurl.com/2y4wym I would hope that if any book, books or product connected with Gilley or with others in control at 3ABN or connected with their families are featured in the future, all the profits will go to 3ABN. I would also hope that in order to restore confidence in the financial accountability of the ministry Gilley will act ethically and openly from the beginning in all things and require this of others.

This post has been edited by lurker: Sep 14 2007, 05:26 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Sep 14 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

I watched some of the program. At least Jim Gilley lets other people talk. The sisters certainly took advantage of that. I will say that humility and modesty are not words I would use to describe their conversation.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 14 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Skyhook)
The sisters certainly took advantage of that. I will say that humility and modesty are not words I would use to describe their conversation.

Yeah, seems like there should be a limit on pointless and hilarious laughter. Ever Read what EGW says about girls who engage in silliness and giggling? (no sexist statements intended here)

While watching Gilley, it dawned on me, from his TV mannerisms, that he's suppose to be the equivilant of Hope Channel's Don Schneider.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Sep 14 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Sep 14 2007, 05:27 PM) *
Yeah, seems like there should be a limit on pointless and hilarious laughter. Ever Read what EGW says about girls who engage in silliness and giggling? (no sexist statements intended here)

While watching Gilley, it dawned on me, from his TV mannerisms, that he's suppose to be the equivilant of Hope Channel's Don Schneider.

Yes, he doesn't talk fast and he did not try to grab all of the attention like DS always does. Danny seems like a very needy guy. I hope he can be kept away from being in front of the camera.

+Quote Post
daylily
post Sep 15 2007, 05:05 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

I remember thinking the same thing when watching one of the Micheff sisters cooking shows on 3ABN. I had a hard time following the recipe and demo because of all the giggling and them talking "over the top of each other". Very distracting. But I try to remember that there are different types of humor and the goofy and the slapstick types are my least favorites:-) I always liked the cooking shows but I quit watching the sisters because I never got anything out of it. Maybe I'm too easily distracted:-)

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 15 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #6

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

I like the kind of laughter that has some depth to it.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Sep 15 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Sep 14 2007, 05:27 PM) *

I think he has a little Lyndon Johnson in him too. If he does, Danny is in big trouble.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 16 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

Danny Shelton is hungry for attention... He has to be in the spotlight or else he is not comfortable... He is not the popular southern Gospel singer that he makes himself out to be. He is just a wannabe. He is not recognized at every airport like he claims he is... He is hardly recognized even in the SDA church.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 17 2007, 09:32 AM
Post #9

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 16 2007, 09:51 AM) *
Danny Shelton is hungry for attention... He has to be in the spotlight or else he is not comfortable... He is not the popular southern Gospel singer that he makes himself out to be. He is just a wannabe. He is not recognized at every airport like he claims he is... He is hardly recognized even in the SDA church.

It is funny to me to hear he is "known" because prior to his coming to BSDA to share his drama I had no idea who he was. Nor do I recall ever seeing a picture o him prior to seeing it in a thread here. Though I have seen correspondence from his none denominational group at our church, as a former clerk, it was usually round filed.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:09 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church