Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15927&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:08:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Website Revisions, Site is being edited right now
inga
post Sep 30 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

It might be interesting to keep an eye on the 3abn website that seems to be under revision this very moment.

The graphics header with Danny Shelton prominently featured is gone, and there is no replacement as yet.

Check out the main site, http://www.3abn.org as well as the subsidiary sites such as http://www.3abnmusic.org/ (Danny's recordings no longer prominently featured on the home page) and http://www.3abntv.org/

Some pages still have glitches -- evidence of the editing process.

I note there are strong suggestions to "register," beginning on the home page. It appears that one must register to view programs online, but it's possible to by-pass the registration process.

I understand that Jim Gilley is an excellent fund raiser. And this is an excellent ploy to gather more names for both hard-copy and email fund raising.

Will his fund raising talents be enough to save 3ABN from financial disaster?

To tell the truth, I'm already turned off by Gilley's refusal to deal with the most obvious problems at 3ABN and his outspoken affirmation of Danny Shelton, in spite of Danny's obviously unjustified divorce and remarriage. It seems to much like "business as usual." An unwillingness to deal with the most glaring problems does not speak well for Gilley.

I have personally concluded that 3ABN does not deserve to be "saved" in its present state. A quiet merging into another ministry, with a dismissal of most of the board and current administration would be best, IMO.

Going back to lurking mode .... [Edited to add content]

This post has been edited by inga: Sep 30 2007, 12:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Sep 30 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #2

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Right before my eyes, on http://www.3abntv.org/player.cfm, the graphic changed from Danny's picture superimposed on "Mending Broken People" to a generic graphic with no one's mug ..

Now I really must go back to lurking!

[Edited] sad.gif I see there's a good reason for the "right-before-my-eyes" change. The graphic is a banner that cycles through a number of pictures, including the one of Danny and the "Mending Broken People." Let's see if they take his mug out of there.

This post has been edited by inga: Sep 30 2007, 12:22 PM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 30 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Thank you for the update. Very interesting new website. I like this one better. It took less number of clicks to go sites I am interested in such as the recipies.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Oct 1 2007, 04:18 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

QUOTE(inga @ Sep 30 2007, 06:59 AM) *
To tell the truth, I'm already turned off by Gilley's refusal to deal with the most obvious problems at 3ABN and his outspoken affirmation of Danny Shelton, in spite of Danny's obviously unjustified divorce and remarriage. It seems to much like "business as usual." An unwillingness to deal with the most glaring problems does not speak well for Gilley.

I have personally concluded that 3ABN does not deserve to be "saved" in its present state. A quiet merging into another ministry, with a dismissal of most of the board and current administration would be best, IMO.

Inga, Hi hiya.gif

Do be patient a while longer. A new broom does sweep clean. But this ‘broom’ is clever in business management and knows he won’t be appreciated if he whirls up to much dust to cause tears in the eyes. Apparently, there’s this public behaviour protocol which is being played out here. All for the sake of Danny not loosing face. Most likely Gilley’s mental eyes focuses on the not-so-in-the-know donators so as not to scare them away with blinding light of the truth on D.Shelton.

I listened to the D.Shelton/J.Gilley live interview as he sat in the red armchair on the program. Gilley was mentioning how tithe is down in NAD all over because of the present pan USA economical crisis. He attributed also the low donation of funds for 3ABN to the financial problems of church members at this time.

I also thought about the closures on homes that might have affected a handful of donors because of loan business they financed their homes with that went bankrupt, putting the folk on the streets. And worse came to worse as in the town were laid off thousands from the work place. Besides being homeless they were unemployed but needing to still feed the family. It is not kosher to put all of one’s tithe money into 3ABN, imo. And when short on funds, donations to faith-works get scratched almost completely by some.

My whole wish is all of 3ABN adventist three angel gospel messaged based programs  to merge into SDA Hope Channel management. 
Gilley might not be for an indefinate time at the Network. What might develop is the increase of more no
-SDA based christian programming to reach a wider group of viewers. 
If such should evolve, I believe the title 3ABN needs then to be revamped if non-denominational christians should take over in leadership. 

Just try to poll outside of the church christians you know if they recognize SDA influence on 3ABN in a direct way.

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post Oct 1 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,162

No matter how you dress it up, perk it up, prop it up, or fix it up...until the heart of the group-the individuals-changes, it's the same song, just a different melody.

band3.gif

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Oct 1 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Over the weekend during an interview Molly was giving to Mr Gilley I heard Jim Gilley say the following...

"...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...." during a talk he was infering that 3ABN is doing wonderful works for the Lord.

furious.gif

---edited due to personal error----

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Oct 1 2007, 08:56 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 2 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Oct 1 2007, 10:29 PM) *
Over the weekend during an interview Molly was giving to Mr Gilley I heard Jim Gilley say the following...

"...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...." during a talk he was infering that 3ABN is doing wonderful works for the Lord.

furious.gif

No matter how many additional gears
they put in the spin machine...
or how well they grease the gears....

No matter what face
they put on the talking head.....
what color the smoke in the smoke machine...
how many new curtains they hang,

Eventually Toto will come .....

And we'll find the way back
to Kansas.....

........angel.gif............

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 2 2007, 04:16 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Whitey @ Oct 1 2007, 04:18 AM) *
My whole wish is all of 3ABN adventist three angel gospel messaged based programs to merge into SDA Hope Channel management.

Why?

I believe that Hope's SDA management can and should be broadcasting the undiluted 3angels messages to the world already, to counteract the false, and to lift up Christ before a dying world, so He can draw all unto himself. They don't need to merge with 3abn's programs to do so.

Two networks doubles the ability to reach the world, and what of us?

When Jesus said Go ye unto all the world, he was not speaking to just an organization, or one ministry, or to someone else, he was speaking to you, me, and all his people.

It seems we could get the work done faster if we would all worry less about what someone else is doing and more about if we are doing as the Lord would have us do.

The Lord can use each of us, and even despite ourselves, if we just step forward in faith.

That's something I personally had impressed upon me as I came away from this year's Fall 3ABN campmeeting.

Next year the Spring campmeeting and the 10 commandment weekend will be merged.

Start making plans now, you won't want to miss it.

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 2 2007, 04:40 AM

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 2 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Oct 1 2007, 08:29 PM) *

furious.gif

They ARE doing a wonderful work. The fruits of it are plain to see.

Did you happen to catch John Dinzy and his wife's updates and testimony about 3ABN Latino, and all those who have come to the Lord, also?

Uplifting and inspiring. I praised God

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 2 2007, 06:58 AM
Post #10

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Ian)
When Jesus said Go ye unto all the world, he was not speaking to just an organization, or one ministry, or to someone else, he was speaking to you, me, and all his people.

It seems we could get the work done faster if we would all worry less about what someone else is doing and more about if we are doing as the Lord would have us do.

You may have missed it, but a few months ago we had a discussion about how Christ intended for all this to happen. If you read his more detailed instructions, it's obvious he wasn't concerned about speed. His methods don't require the ways of the world. Voktar of Zargon made the point earlier this year...you can read it here:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry184987
The first angels message outlines this clearly - the everlasting gospel will go to every "nation" (ethne = ethnic group), kindred, tongue, and people group. Jesus plainly stated that when this gospel is preached to "all nations (ethne = people groups) then the end will come. There are approximately 10,000 or so "people groups" yet to be reached by the everlasting gospel. Many of them exist in seemingly "unreachable" situations. There are approximately 7,000 major languages on earth - nearly 5,000 do not have a Bible in their own tongue. Surely God is going to have to perform some miracles to finish this work. 3ABN is not that miracle. The majority of these peoples will not be reached by contributing to Danny Shelton and gang, who will finish the work for us by proxy with their technology.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Oct 2 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 2 2007, 06:26 AM) *
Did you happen to catch John Dinzy and his wife's updates and testimony about 3ABN Latino, and all those who have come to the Lord, also?

http://www.egwtext.whiteestate.org/pk/pk3.html Prophets and Kings pages 53=54
Page 53
In seeking to strengthen his relations with the powerful kingdom lying to the southward of Israel, Solomon ventured upon forbidden ground. Satan knew the results that would attend obedience; and during the earlier years of Solomon's reign--years glorious because of the wisdom, the beneficence, and the uprightness of the king--he sought to bring in influences that would insidiously undermine Solomon's loyalty to principle and cause him to separate from God. That the enemy was successful in this effort, we know from the record: "Solomon made affinity with Pharaoh king of Egypt, and took Pharaoh's daughter, and brought her into the City of David." I Kings 3:I.

From a human point of view, this marriage, though contrary to the teachings of God's law, seemed to prove a blessing; for Solomon's heathen wife was converted and united with him in the worship of the true God. Furthermore, Pharaoh rendered signal service to Israel by taking Gezer, slaying "the Canaanites that dwelt in the city," and giving it "for a present unto his daughter, Solomon's wife." I Kings 9:16. This city Solomon rebuilt and thus apparently greatly strengthened his kingdom along the Mediterranean seacoast. But in forming an alliance with a heathen nation, and sealing the compact by marriage with an idolatrous princess, Solomon rashly disregarded the wise provision that God had made for maintaining the purity of His people. The hope that his Egyptian wife might be converted was but a feeble excuse for the sin.

For a time God in His compassionate mercy overruled this terrible mistake; and the king, by a wise course, could

Page 54
have checked at least in a large measure the evil forces that his imprudence had set in operation. But Solomon had begun to lose sight of the Source of his power and glory. As inclination gained the ascendancy over reason, self-confidence increased, and he sought to carry out the Lord's purpose in his own way.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Oct 2 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 2 2007, 03:26 AM) *

for all the wonderful work the folk at 3ABN are doing...

When will Danny et al begin to admit to breaking people and start mending those broken hearts.

I have a hard time praising God for the hearts Danny broke.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Oct 6 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

I'm not sure if this is new on the web site but I was looking there and went to the 3ABN website map. In the S section is Save 3ABN. When you click on it it goes to a page that then takes you to the Saved through Jesus by 3 ABN or what ever it is called site. Just thought it interesting. scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 25 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

The announcements section of the 3ABN website used to have a section about 3ABN being at, and airing the GYC (General Youth Conference) in December. That announcement is gone. I checked with the GYC website and found no reference to 3ABN there either. What happened? Is 3ABN no longer going to be there?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 25 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 25 2007, 11:53 PM) *
The announcements section of the 3ABN website used to have a section about 3ABN being at, and airing the GYC (General Youth Conference) in December. That announcement is gone. I checked with the GYC website and found no reference to 3ABN there either. What happened? Is 3ABN no longer going to be there?

Interesting. . .

Are the GYC Independent Ministries, where some are better quality than others?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:08 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church