Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17129&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:00:05 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Latest In The 3-ring Circus, Discount Attorneys?
Richard Sherwin
post Nov 28 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #151

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

Just seems to me that Danny's side could at least make an attempt at being honest. As time goes on I'm starting to realize that the problems at 3abn go way beyond Danny. He's simply the most visible manifestation of the problems there. Something just smells rotten in Thompsonville.

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Nov 28 2007, 09:42 PM) *
Bob, while this is not encouraging news for those of us who hope that 3abn will take the high road to transparency and obvious honesty, and for those of us who have also been told by Dr. Walt Thompson that bringing the truth to light is the point of the law suit, I think it is a bit of a stretch to lay the responsibility for this development - that you are "now told that the plaintiffs, without a protective order, won't authorize my being able to inspect and copy what the plaintiffs were required to auto-disclose." - at Walt Thompson's feet.

This sounds more like a nasty legal manuever to me. I guess you are going to have to seek intervention by the court to get what the court has said you are entitled to. Reminds me of portions of a Chris Isaak song, "Wicked Game". Sad that Christians are embroiled in such a game.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 29 2007, 04:58 AM
Post #152

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Nov 28 2007, 08:42 PM) *
This sounds more like a nasty legal manuever to me.

I'm unsure that this can really be the case. An attorney for their side had earlier assured me that the attorneys are in no way trying to hide the truth. Thus, the prompting for this maneuver cannot be coming from them, if I was told correctly.

Thus, if the blame for this does not fall at the feet of the board chairman, it just further shows that someone else is pulling the strings, and Walt is clueless as to what is going on. In other words, if this was done at the prompting of the plaintiffs as claimed, that would have to mean that it was done at the prompting of the board, of which Walt is supposed to be the chief.

And Walt does not seem to be the type of person who can dream up nasty legal maneuvers and then order attorneys to do certain things whether they like it or not.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 29 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #153

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 29 2007, 12:58 PM) *
I'm unsure that this can really be the case. An attorney for their side had earlier assured me that the attorneys are in no way trying to hide the truth. Thus, the prompting for this maneuver cannot be coming from them, if I was told correctly.

Thus, if the blame for this does not fall at the feet of the board chairman, it just further shows that someone else is pulling the strings, and Walt is clueless as to what is going on. In other words, if this was done at the prompting of the plaintiffs as claimed, that would have to mean that it was done at the prompting of the board, of which Walt is supposed to be the chief.

And Walt does not seem to be the type of person who can dream up nasty legal maneuvers and then order attorneys to do certain things whether they like it or not.

I'll never forget Walt's frustrated reply when I suggested to him a way to stop this whole affair right at the beginning. He looked at me, exclaiming,

- You know Danny!!!

I wonder if that could be the problem Dr. Walt Thompson encounters? Danny knows that he is lost if all the cards are put squarely on the table. That is why neither Linda nor any of her supporters have been permitted at any of the many "hearings" held at 3ABN, The Thompsonvile Church, etc.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 29 2007, 01:35 PM
Post #154

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 29 2007, 01:43 PM) *
I'll never forget Walt's frustrated reply when I suggested to him a way to stop this whole affair right at the beginning. He looked at me, exclaiming,

- You know Danny!!!

I wonder if that could be the problem Dr. Walt Thompson encounters? Danny knows that he is lost if all the cards are put squarely on the table. That is why neither Linda nor any of her supporters have been permitted at any of the many "hearings" held at 3ABN, The Thompsonvile Church, etc.

Johann,

1. What was your suggested way to stop it, you don't mention it here.

2. During the campmeeting where you and the doctor were asked not to come back, Linda was still a member of the board and could have gone. The three of you >chose< to send a letter instead.

3. Linda >chose< others to represent her at the ASI meetings instead of going herself.

4. The Thompsonville Church asked her to come and talk to them and she >chose< to drop her membership instead.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Nov 29 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #155

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

FHB, you really believe all of that, dont' you?

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 29 2007, 11:35 AM) *
Johann,

2. During the campmeeting where you and the doctor were asked not to come back, Linda was still a member of the board and could have gone. The three of you >chose< to send a letter instead.

3. Linda >chose< others to represent her at the ASI meetings instead of going herself.

4. The Thompsonville Church asked her to come and talk to them and she >chose< to drop her membership instead.

- FHB

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
calvin
post Nov 29 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #156

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 29 2007, 01:35 PM) *
Johann,

- FHB

Sounds reasonable that it could have played out this way, there are always too sides.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 29 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #157

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Nov 29 2007, 09:45 PM) *
FHB, you really believe all of that, dont' you?

Interesting questions. I happen to know the other side. . .

This post has been edited by Johann: Nov 29 2007, 04:06 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 29 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #158

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 29 2007, 09:35 PM) *
Johann,

I suggest you ask Dr. Walt Thompson.

How do you know?

What meetings? Did anyone >go< there? Where?

Were you there? What did you experience?

- FHB

--------------------

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 29 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #159

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 29 2007, 06:01 PM) *
Interesting questions. I happen to know the other side. . .

And you make the assumption that it is the truth . . . heads or tails Johann . . .

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 29 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #160

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 29 2007, 06:26 PM) *

Hmmm, since it is "your" idea that would successfully have dealt with the entire situation . . . I think it is more reasonable to go to the source - your idea . . . we would need your answer, after all that would be going to the original source for the "truth" . . .

- FHB

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Nov 29 2007, 04:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 29 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #161

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 30 2007, 12:27 AM) *
And you make the assumption that it is the truth . . . heads or tails Johann . . .

- FHB

I do not gamble with truth. Perhaps you do?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 29 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #162

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 29 2007, 06:26 PM) *
How do you know?
What meetings? Did anyone >go< there? Where?
Were you there? What did you experience?

Johann,

A complete avoidance of the questions indicates that there is something to hide. If you are in a position, and you claim to be, to respond to these questions and claims . . . it would seem that you would want to dispel any doubt they may raise, yet you completely avoid them.

BTW, of the meetings mentioned you were only available on, this soil, for the campmeeting one - so I guess the questions you offer can be placed on your side of the court . . . "Were you there?" at ASI, at the Thompsonville meetings - yet you claim to "know" what happened at each.

- FHB

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 29 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #163

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 30 2007, 12:33 AM) *
Johann,

A complete avoidance of the questions indicates that there is something to hide. If you are in a position, and you claim to be, to respond to these questions and claims . . . it would seem that you would want to dispel any doubt they may raise, yet you completely avoid them.

BTW, of the meetings mentioned you were only available on, this soil, for the campmeeting one - so I guess the questions you offer can be placed on your side of the court . . . "Were you there?" at ASI, at the Thompsonville meetings - yet you claim to "know" what happened at each.

- FHB

The rule here is that you do not have to answer other questions than what you chose to answer. I have asked several questions here that have never been answered by anybody from 3ABN.

The reason I asked some questions is that some of your assumptions are completely wrong, but I am not going to tell you which ones are. Do your own homework, please!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Nov 29 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #164

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 29 2007, 05:33 PM) *
Johann,

A complete avoidance of the questions indicates that there is something to hide.

One could say the same thing about one who insists on anonymity and who will not reveal the source of information on events he was not a witness to.

If you are in a position, and you claim to be, to respond to these questions and claims . . . it would seem that you would want to dispel any doubt they may raise, yet you completely avoid them.

Pot. Kettle. Black; you... and those in your camp... have failed to meet this criteria for 3 years despite repeated requests from myriad people for you to do just what you are accusing Johann of not doing... so weighed in this particular balance, you still come up wanting.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Nov 29 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #165

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 29 2007, 04:44 PM) *
The rule here is that you do not have to answer other questions than what you chose to answer. I have asked several questions here that have never been answered by anybody from 3ABN.

The reason I asked some questions is that some of your assumptions are completely wrong, but I am not going to tell you which ones are. Do your own homework, please!!!

I believe FHB has heard that before...

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=225128

BTW, FHB - what did you find out from Mr. Lovejoy?

Hey...I heard that Massachusetts is seceding from the Union... (sorry - couldn't resist!!!)

~~Snoopy~~

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Nov 29 2007, 11:12 PM

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:00 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church