Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19668&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:52:42 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Stan Jennsen's Insider Information
Ozzie
post Jan 27 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Brenda @ Jan 28 2008, 11:13 AM) *
I am not sure that is fair to the Stan I know.....various (off board) emails over a number of years and a shared lunch together with my husband recently is not a huge acquaintance but that is not the person I have met. No doubt others here know him better than I.
edited for typos

You have personal knowledge Brenda. I don't, but his behaviour seems rather odd, in view of the things he's done in the past couple of days!

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Jan 28 2008, 03:27 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 27 2008, 03:54 AM) *
It seems that it is just another scare tactic, which obviously worked with Club Adventist, as it scared Stan to the point where he closed it down.

Yes, Daryl... we lurkers there noticed it as well.

ABTW...I was proud of you that you got the bad patch of posters weeded out years ago that disruped the quality of your public place on the Net. It seems that Br. Jensen is a Jerry Springer clone when it comes doing his "Show" day for day.....

Quote from present ClubA Topic Make the Rules....
I seem to recall that C/A had perhaps more of a liberal orientation than now. I do recall very clearly that I did not have a pleasant experience on a number of occasions. Just the other day, someone else who had been active on C/A during that time commented that I had been 'trashed' repeatedly. That was my perception as well. This other individual reportedly asked administration why this 'trashing' of a member was allowed. The response reported: "Because it brings more people to C/A, i.e. it is good for business." So first off, I would like to ask Stan, 'Is that true?' Do you guys sit back and allow someone or other to be trashed because it stimulates participation or interest in C/A? Is this some sort of blood sport, in which we are the contestants, carried on for the benefit of spectators?

At any rate, there were some very unpleasant encounters. I objected. At times, a moderator would take action--but it was fitful and inconsistent. Finally had enough of that, and got busy elsewhere. Recently, I once again became more active on C/A. I found that now, there was not such a liberal bias. But I still found a small core of individuals who engaged in personal attacks and ridicule, and GOT AWAY WITH IT! I endured their scorn for some time, and did not respond in kind. Occasionally, SOMEONE would say or do something about it, but not very often. Finally, I HAD IT! That was enough. I decided that since this was not a safe place, a place where I could feel safe, that I needed to take things in my own hands. So, when the ridicule began once again, THIS TIME I returned the 'favor.' And I can be very, very effective at it if I so choose. Indeed, there was a salutary result. The little tag-team who liked to ridicule, backed off--fitfully, but with noticeably. And in an effort to help make this a SAFE place, since admin often seemed to let people be hurt, I decided to go after those who were foremost in vicious and cruel ridicule, wherever I found it happening. Oh yes, I went after them with a vengeance--although not nearly so much as I could have. Not yet, anyway. I am waiting to see if things improve, first.

Then, things got far, far worse. Whereas before, there was ridicule . . . in recent months, that turned into libel--actionable libel, categories of libel per se--outrageous accusations which were made, in some cases on the public forums, in other cases in the chat room, as well as via PM's, and in a private forum populated by individuals also active on C/A. I mentioned this to admin and some moderators. I made appeals. I appreciate the fact that in one case, a libelous post was deleted by admin. Yet it continued after that. Quite recently, it was still going on. I have made repeated appeals for action and intervention. Nothing has been done.

So, now, not only was C/A not a safe place, speaking of ridicule for one's beliefs, it was also a place where a person's character could be assassinated with impunity, with admin standing by, doing nothing to intervene." (end of quote snippet)

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 28 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Whitey @ Jan 28 2008, 04:27 AM) *
Yes, Daryl... we lurkers there noticed it as well.

ABTW...I was proud of you that you got the bad patch of posters weeded out years ago that disruped the quality of your public place on the Net. It seems that Br. Jensen is a Jerry Springer clone when it comes doing his "Show" day for day.....

Just goes to show, how differently people view things depending on what they know or believe. To each their own I guess... dunno.gif

Some thrive in that enviroment...

Others avoid MSDAOL like the plague for precisely the reasons given above and in your quote below...

Some wonder how much traffic Daryl can get on a new forum, (or why he spends so much time here) and why he bothered as he has his old forum.... maybe.. he worries about that too...

still others wonder reading GJ's comments on his new forum about all the debate he is looking forward to.. "who are they planning on debating with?"

Still others, wonder why so much time is spent here talking about and referring to other forums, and/or building them up. or jumping on BSDA's back to solicite or advertise for them....

and then there are ones who don't give a rat's you know what.

I guess all the above are welcome here tho-- something I appreciate. wink.gif

movin on...

QUOTE(Quote from present ClubA Topic Make the Rules....)
I seem to recall that C/A had perhaps more of a liberal orientation than now. I do recall very clearly that I did not have a pleasant experience on a number of occasions. Just the other day, someone else who had been active on C/A during that time commented that I had been 'trashed' repeatedly. That was my perception as well. This other individual reportedly asked administration why this 'trashing' of a member was allowed. The response reported: "Because it brings more people to C/A, i.e. it is good for business." So first off, I would like to ask Stan, 'Is that true?' Do you guys sit back and allow someone or other to be trashed because it stimulates participation or interest in C/A? Is this some sort of blood sport, in which we are the contestants, carried on for the benefit of spectators?

At any rate, there were some very unpleasant encounters. I objected. At times, a moderator would take action--but it was fitful and inconsistent. Finally had enough of that, and got busy elsewhere. Recently, I once again became more active on C/A. I found that now, there was not such a liberal bias. But I still found a small core of individuals who engaged in personal attacks and ridicule, and GOT AWAY WITH IT! I endured their scorn for some time, and did not respond in kind. Occasionally, SOMEONE would say or do something about it, but not very often. Finally, I HAD IT! That was enough. I decided that since this was not a safe place, a place where I could feel safe, that I needed to take things in my own hands. So, when the ridicule began once again, THIS TIME I returned the 'favor.' And I can be very, very effective at it if I so choose. Indeed, there was a salutary result. The little tag-team who liked to ridicule, backed off--fitfully, but with noticeably. And in an effort to help make this a SAFE place, since admin often seemed to let people be hurt, I decided to go after those who were foremost in vicious and cruel ridicule, wherever I found it happening. Oh yes, I went after them with a vengeance--although not nearly so much as I could have. Not yet, anyway. I am waiting to see if things improve, first.

Then, things got far, far worse. Whereas before, there was ridicule . . . in recent months, that turned into libel--actionable libel, categories of libel per se--outrageous accusations which were made, in some cases on the public forums, in other cases in the chat room, as well as via PM's, and in a private forum populated by individuals also active on C/A. I mentioned this to admin and some moderators. I made appeals. I appreciate the fact that in one case, a libelous post was deleted by admin. Yet it continued after that. Quite recently, it was still going on. I have made repeated appeals for action and intervention. Nothing has been done.

So, now, not only was C/A not a safe place, speaking of ridicule for one's beliefs, it was also a place where a person's character could be assassinated with impunity, with admin standing by, doing nothing to intervene." (end of quote snippet)

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 28 2008, 08:56 AM

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 28 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Well, as long as everybody stays within the Registration Agreement/Forum Rules of both Maritime SDA OnLine and Advent Talk, everybody is also welcome there! smile.gif

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 28 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

To a degree, I also see these forums, which includes BSDA and even C/A as well as TRO, complimenting each other, rather than competing with each other.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jan 28 2008, 02:06 PM
Post #21

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Whitey @ Jan 28 2008, 03:27 AM) *

Hey Whitney why don’t you tell us how your REALLY feel about C/A. rofl1.gif After reading what you wrote I said wow that is exactly what some have said about BSDA. As Ian said, it is a matter of perception. Administering a discussion board is never easy, can’t please everybody. As administrators we try to be objection and fair to everyone, but we never can completely because our own personal biases will always get in the way.

I tell people if want to stay here you are going to have to put up with my idiosyncrasies and oh yeah; my love for the color “blue”.

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Jan 28 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 28 2008, 02:06 PM) *
Hey Whitney why don’t you tell us how your REALLY feel about C/A. rofl1.gif After reading what you wrote I said wow that is exactly what some have said about BSDA. As Ian said, it is a matter of perception. Administering a discussion board is never easy, can’t please everybody. As administrators we try to be objection and fair to everyone, but we never can completely because our own personal biases will always get in the way.

I tell people if want to stay here you are going to have to put up with my idiosyncrasies and oh yeah; my love for the color “blue”.

Hmmm, I think it's time to begin an active PM/email campaign to get the site over to green... yes.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Jan 28 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(seeshell @ Jan 28 2008, 01:20 PM) *
Hmmm, I think it's time to begin an active PM/email campaign to get the site over to green... yes.gif

Why not yellow? clap.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 28 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

But the blue matches Calvin's tie so nicely.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Jan 28 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

Yellow and blue make green. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Jan 29 2008, 07:46 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 28 2008, 11:06 AM) *
Hey Whitney why don't you tell us how your REALLY feel about C/A. rofl1.gif

biggrin.gif ...good play on words rofl1.gif

ahh, ya caught me from behind the words of my quoting DavidKoot’s message of protest posted up above.

I have on file 5-6 ClubA member messages who vented just like David did. I never had the wish to publicly confront and complain in such a long-winded way about management at C.A. I just did my thing and moved on. Admittedly I joined one ‘crusade’ episode going on over there. It’s over with and I have no interest being a footman in another such movement.

Occasionally now I look in to see what my favourite posters are saying.

Writing at three Forums, answering my heavy traffic of personal emails, reading all the messages from the two SDA mail-lists I subscribe to and reading blogs of Adventists keeps me satisfied enough with the flow of Cyber SDA community. I feel actually neutral about ClubA presently because no one there needs give account to me for their behaviour. That doesn’t mean I am totally free from caring or worrying about them at times.

+Quote Post
Stan
post Jan 29 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 837

[quote name='Whitey' date='Jan 28 2008, 03:27 AM' post='234923']
This other individual reportedly asked administration why this 'trashing' of a member was allowed. The response reported: "Because it brings more people to C/A, i.e. it is good for business." So first off, I would like to ask Stan, 'Is that true?

Where do you get these 'reportly' and 'reported' from?

I have never responded like that.

Not that I am trying to hijack this thread...

This post has been edited by Clay: Jan 31 2008, 06:11 AM

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 29 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Calvin, I find your honesty and forthrightness refreshing. smile.gif Because you know you are prejudiced, you are likely to act in a much more fair manner than those who know they are not prejudiced. wink.gif

Thanks for giving us a place in cyberspace for visiting and ventint. smile.gif signthankspin.gif

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 28 2008, 03:06 PM) *

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Jan 30 2008, 01:53 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Stan @ Jan 29 2008, 12:55 PM) *
This other individual reportedly asked administration why this 'trashing' of a member was allowed. The response reported: "Because it brings more people to C/A, i.e. it is good for business." So first off, I would like to ask Stan, 'Is that true?

Where do you get these 'reportly' and 'reported' from? I have never responded like that.

Take the matter up with David Koot. He was the one claiming you said that to him. The quote I posted up above Jan 28 2008, 03:27 is in your Forum threads. You have moderators? Have them look for it.

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Jan 30 2008, 04:27 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Stan, please tell what motivated your faux pas in using my given name when addressing me in your retort? It reflects badly on you. If you were motivated to expose in a tit-for-tat manner as I exposed MichaelPeabodyMargaretGray that makes you look bad. But then it would be in your eyes fair or justifiable of sorts, now wouldn't it?
Having one's lapdog hit and killed does put up grudges in hearts of many.

What would show you as having a galant generous loving heart is to share what you have in your archives of 3ABN to the administratin of this Forum. He could intregate the messages pertaining to the topic onto this Forum.
Would you be prepared to send them over to him?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church